My tempting mistake ✔ || book...

By queensofsupreme

"TIME of death?" "2:38am" *********** Elijah Carson black the number ONE player! He doesn't care about love u... More

Prologue
- Cast -
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47.
Chapter 48.
Chapter 49.
Chapter 50.
Chapter 51.
Chapter 52.
Chapter 53.
Chapter 54.
Chapter 55.
Chapter 56.
Chapter 57.
Chapter 58.
Chapter 59.
Chapter 60.
Chapter 61.
Chapter 62.
Chapter 63.
Chapter 64.
Chapter 65.
Chapter 66.
Chapter 67.
Chapter 68.
Chapter 69.
Chapter 70.
Chapter 71.
Chapter 72.
Chapter 73.
Chapter 74.
Chapter 75.
Chapter 76.
Chapter 77.
Chapter 78.
Chapter 80.
Chapter 81.
Chapter 82.
Chapter 83.
Chapter 84.
Chapter 85.
Chapter 86.
Chapter 87.
Chapter 88.
Chapter 89.
Chapter 90.
Chapter 91.
Chapter 92.
Chapter 93.
Chapter 94.
Chapter 95.
Chapter 96.
Chapter 97.
Chapter 98
Chapter 99.
Chapter 100.
Chapter 101.
Chapter 102.
Chapter 103.
Chapter 104.
Chapter 105.

Chapter 79.

889 52 10
By queensofsupreme

Annette's POV.

I dressed up as if I was going to my normal missions. I can't believe I am doing this. This is the last time I am doing anyone a favor.

"Annette, we have a problem." Adam said. 

"What is grandpa doing here?" I closed the curtains. "Adam, you have to change, he can't know you doing my mission for me, or else he will know what I am up to."

"We will just pretend we doing the mission together, just act cool." He said and someone started knocking on the door. "Act natural." 

I opened the door.

"I am sure you heard about Elijah." Grandpa said as he came in. "Oh Adam, what are you ding here?"

"I am helping Annette tonight." 

"Annette works better when she's alone." Grandpa said. "Right Anne?"

"Granpa, I just want Adam with me tonight. You know I can learn a lot from him." I said.

"Okay, he can go with you but only if you promise me you won't act smart and try and save Elijah." He said so I nod my head. "Swear on my life."

"Grandpa, you literally don't even care ab--."

"Annette, just swear to god and on my life. There's nothing hard about that." 

Seriously, nothing hard about trying to help the father of your kids. My grandpa is reeeeeally the best!

"I swear." I smiled, hugging him. "I love you."

"I love you more, kiddo." He smiled. "I have to go now, you two should be back at the headquarters at one, an hour after midnight, Okay?"

"Yes, boss!" Adam and I both agreed so grandpa left our room. We both waited to talk until we saw grandpa leave from the front door and get in his car.

"You have to call me if anything happens. I will be there.."

"Annette I am not a kid, and I have backup if anything goes wrong unlike you. You are literally going after a lunatic without backup."

"I do have backup, the person who sent me the location is my backup." 

"Benjamin? Really?" He shook his head. "That man only cares about his family, he just uses you Annette."

"Benjamin isn't so bad, I promise."

"He emotionally blackmailed you and you think he is not so bad." He smirked. "I don't think Kathleen is a lunatic, I think you are the lunatic one." I pulled his ear.

"Focus, please!" I begged. "One wrong moved Adam and we both die." I told him. "I will see you at one, after midnight at the headquarters. We will meet outside the headquarters so don't be late."

"I will be there and you know I will kill my target." He cupped my face. "Shoot Kathleen and leave that place, don't act stay a minute more or the chances of Henry finding out--."

"He won't." I interrupted him. "He won't find out and as for shooting Kathleen, I will do that after I settle some old scores." I hugged him. "I will call you the second I am done."

"You better." 

I put my mask on as we both left the room. He took the elevator and I took the stairs. Uncle Benjamin said he would meet me there but he didn't call me yesterday. What if he changed his mind? 

I got in my car. I started driving at a speed. It's so late, when will uncle call me? 

Elijah's POV.

The lights went off. 

"I must say." I heard her voice and it felt as if my heart stopped beating. "I miss you bitch!" It's her, it's really her. "Payback!" She kicked the gun out of her hands.

"Annette?" Kathleen said as the lights went back on. "How?" She smirked.

"Kathleen!" Annette smiled. 

"How are you..." She touched her face. "Alive?" Kathleen tried running to the gun but Annette got it first. "Came back to kill me?" 

"Yes." She took the bullets out of the gun and threw it away. 

"Now it makes sense." Kathleen smirked. "The guy that left your room that night didn't kill you, he, was part of your plan." She punched Annette.

"You were there?" Annette asked, fighting with Kathleen. "That night?" She questioned dogging the punches.

I pinched myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming. know how my Annette fights and talks so it's really her?

I closed my eyes, trying to comprehend everything that was happening. Annette is not dead, she's alive and she's fighting with Kathleen but that doesn't make any sense. She is supposed to be dead!

I opened my eyes and Kathleen was on top of Annette, beating her up so I closed my eyes again. I am hallucinating, I can't believe my eyes anymore.

I opened my eyes again and they were still fighting. I took the key and unhandcuffed myself. I don't know what's happening but I don't trust my eyes at all. 

The gun went off and they were both on top of one another. I didn't look away nor blinked. I kept staring at them, waiting for one of them to move. All of a sudden, Annette pushed Kathleen off herself. She got up and walked to me. 

She took the key from me and started to unlock the lock on the chains on my legs. I kept staring at her, confused about everything. 

I got up and she smiled at me. I hugged her tightly and she hugged me back after a while. 

"Elijah." I heard my dad's voice so I broke the hug. "I always have good timing."

"My poor baby." Mom hugged me kissing me. "Wait, Annette?" She looked at Annette.

"I never knew you would be a good actress." Adrian said to Annette and that's when it hit me. I am happy over this? How can I be happy over this?

"You faked your own death?" I shook my head. "You were alive all this time and we were worried about you." 

"Honey, where have you been?" Mom asked her.

"Don't bother answering those questions." I said. "We don't want to hear any more lies." 

"Elijah it's not what it looks like." She replied. "I swear!"

"We will wait in the car." Dad said so they all left Annette and me alone.

"Why are you here? You came back to ruin my family again?" I asked and she shook her head. 

"How can you say such things? You know I care about the family." She said. "I love you and the family, I would never hurt any of you."

"Care? Love?" I laughed. "You the same person that broke us apart. You ruined the peace we had!"

"Elijah, please don't say that. You know I love you." 

"You don't love me!" I shouted. "Stop lying to yourself." I am tired of her. "No one ever hurts their love continuously. You abandoned me, and everyone else!"

"I didn't, I always looked out for you." She smiled. "I could never abandon you or hurt you. Don't you remember what we used to say as kids?" She asked, with teary eyes. "Best friends forever and love never runs. We made up a lot of nonsense and vowed to never break them."

"You broke me and everything I was. You said you would love me with all you have and all you ever will be but instead, you killed me with all you are, and now you want to remind me what I said as a kid." I shook my head. "You the only one capable of destroying someone and asking them to not break their childhood promises. You should've remained dead."

"Elijah!" She cried.

"Fake tears!" I said. "Do you know how many times I cried for you, I begged you to come back. I just wanted my love but little did I know you were alive on the other side while I blamed God for taking you from me." I smiled. "I feel like a fool now. I wish I prayed to God to take you to hell!" She tried to say something but I interrupted her. "Stay away from me and my family!" I walked out of Kathleen's house. 

I got in the car with Adrian. He started driving and didn't ask me anything. Tears kept streaming my face. 

Why do the people you love the most, hurt you?

Adrian stopped the car in front of my house.

"Your parents said I should tell you not---." I got out of the car. "Elijah?" Adrian opened my house for me.

"Thanks." I mumbled as I went inside. 

You mourn for the dead but what happens when they are alive? My Annette left me that night and tonight, a fake, Annette came to me. She was Annette by appearance I won't lie, but that's not my real Annette. My Annette never lies nor hurts anyone.

I broke all the frames that had Annette's pictures. 

"You didn't die that night!" I screamed. "Your soul did!" I cried.

I did tell everyone that Annette didn't die that night and something didn't add up but no one believed me. I then moved on with my life and became the old Elijah I was despite always missing her terribly and wanting her back so much. I moved on, I made peace with her death, and today, today she wants to return. She wants to hurt me again as she did before. She just can never see me happy!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

512K 11K 27
He despises her presence She cherish his presence He hates her She loves him His heart belongs to someone Her heart belongs to him Jeremy has no ey...
7.2M 159K 34
"Hey Babe! I am having a surprise news for you!!" Anna cooed with the joy to tell Ethan that she is pregnant. "Before that sign the divorce paper!"...
95.6K 2.9K 59
❝𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐮𝐥𝐭, 𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐮𝐥𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥.❞ Living in a world...
2.5M 93.7K 30
"Dammit woman, talk to me," Zach pulls at his hair in frustration; his eyes never leave my face. There is a hint of sadness in his voice but other th...