FORSAKEN - Target: Zero

By OddityMedia

STARWARSFANS OFFICIAL FANFIC. At the dawn of the Empire, a mysterious figure only known as Pharos forges an... More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE
CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR
CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE
CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX
CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE
CHAPTER FORTY
CHAPTER FORTY-ONE
CHAPTER FORTY-TWO
CHAPTER FORTY-THREE
CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE
CHAPTER FORTY-SIX
CHAPTER FORTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER FORTY-NINE
CHAPTER FIFTY
CHAPTER FIFTY-ONE

CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR

5 1 0
By OddityMedia

The senate appeals committee gathered in the conference room at the Imperial Senate Building. They were scheduled to discuss the Senate's decision to continue "peacekeeping operations" in Lasan. In truth, it gave Bail Organa the perfect opportunity to discuss Syrran's proposal with his fellow dissenter senators and military officers.

Assembled on one side of the round conference table sat the senators: Bail Organa, Riyo Chuchi, Mon Mothma, Meena Tills, Garm Iblis, Giddean Danu, Bana Breemu, Vasp Vaspar, Malé-Dee, Tynnra Pamlo, Terr Taneel, and Nower Jebel. On the military side, there was Military Intelligence Commander, Davits Draven; special operations General, Crix Madine; Air Cavalry major, Antoc Merrick; army generals, Carlist Rieekan, Pitt Onoran, Baccam Grafis, Dustil Forell; and Admiral Jan Dodonna. R2-D2 stood by the entrance, keeping watch with his sensors. C-3PO stood by his master.

"This is insanity," Colonel Madine said. "You can't rush a delicate operation like this. It requires careful planning to set up logistics and contingency plans—"

"Not to mention securing political alliances," Senator Danu said.

"And even so, do I need to remind you of what happened to some of our fellow members of the Delegation of 2000?" Senator Breemu said. "Arrests, exiles, executions."

"This is different," Senator Tills said. "We're not talking about going through political channels this time."

"Which is a mistake," Senator Jebel said. "With all due respect to the officers present, we can't hope to enact change by engaging in open hostilities. The Imperial army is too strong. We need to find a political solution."

"And it risks putting our homeworlds in further jeopardy if it fails," Senator Pamlo said.

"I agree," Senator Vaspar said. "Who knows to what extremes the Emperor is willing to go to secure total control of dissident systems. He has already instituted Oversector Governors."

"This is exactly why we're here, to forge an alliance" Senator Mothma said.

"With the event upon us?" General Onoran laughed. "You must be mad. This isn't something that can be hashed together."

"It's a target of opportunity," Commander Draven said. "This man is seizing a small window of time to conduct his mission, while keeping operational security."

"An opportunity we might never have again," pondered Admiral Dodonna.

"Because no one would be mad enough to try," Colonel Madine said.

"Plus, we don't know anything about this man," Merrick said. "For all we know, this could be a counter-intelligence operation by Military Intelligence to uproot conspirators."

"I know the man from the days of the Clone Wars," Riyo said. "He has my implicit trust. If he says he can pull it off, he will. I wouldn't be wasting our time otherwise."

"Then he should have been here, pleading his case to us," Senator Malé-Dee said.

"And risk being discovered?" Bail said. "Ladies, gentlemen, he is going through with his task regardless of our involvement. We must come to an agreement."

"He's a maverick," General Forell spat. "A lone gunman with delusions of grandeur."

"Who could potentially send the Empire into disarray," Senator Taneel added. "We're talking about a second intergalactic war. The Separatist will surely rise again if the Empire falters, and we don't have the resources to win this time."

"Conflict is unavoidable," Mon Mothma said. "Sooner or later, someone will have to take a stand against the tyranny of the Empire, and it's going to lead to war."

"Unless we can find a political solution," Senator Danu said. "War will only lead to the fracturing of the galaxy into different factions."

"Not to mention autonomous systems and the rise of crime-controlled sectors such as Hutt Space," Jebel said.

"Which wouldn't be necessarily bad..." proceeded Senator Iblis, bringing a wave of mumbles from those present.

"Not everyone is as lucky as Corellia," said Malé-Dee.

"That doesn't need to happen if we work together," Bail interceded. "What we have here is a priceless opportunity to restore the Republic, to bring back democracy to the galaxy."

"If your mysterious man succeeds," Colonel Madine said.

"And if he doesn't, he goes down alone," Commander Draven said. "That's the alibi he's giving us."

"He is willing to sacrifice himself to give us this opportunity." Mothma's words silenced the room.

"He sounds like Saw Gerrera," Major Merrick said. "We cannot pin our hopes in the actions of some political zealot looking for martyrdom."

"Not a zealot, a Jedi Knight," said Riyo to the bewilderment of her confederates. "One who fought and bled in the Clone Wars, just like many of you did; one who swore to protect the Republic with his life, as many of us would."

"There are no Jedi left," General Grafis said.

"You're wrong. Some managed to survived."

"So what? They're traitors," Senator Breemu said. "They created the clone army in secret, took us to war, and tried to take over the government."

"Palpatine's government," Bail said. "A master manipulator who maneuvered himself into becoming emperor, while eliminating any threat to his authority; namely, the Jedi."

"Regardless, the Jedi failed to kill Palpatine then. What makes you think they can succeed now?" Admiral Dodonna said.

"Hope," Riyo said.

"Oh, please!" said Colonel Madine.

"If the plot fails, we go back to trying to pass legislation through an increasingly diminished Senate," Bail said. "Or sit in the comfort of our offices while we wait for someone else to take action. We have nothing to lose. But if the mission is successful, the galaxy is going to need someone to keep it from tearing itself apart."

"We need strong support within the military and a provisional government to ensure a democratic transition," Mothma said.

"Admiral Raddus informed me the Mon Calamari fleet is ready to do their part," Senator Tills said.

"My Royal House tactical advisor has already begun to draw plans of action," Bail said.

"What the Void, I was already looking into early retirement anyway," Major Merrick said. "Count me in."

"We have to the stop the Empire from becoming more powerful," Commander Draven said. "I'm in."

"As am I," Admiral Dodonna said.

The rest of the officers agreed.

"Well, senators?" Riyo said.

"Count me in," Iblis said.

"We have to protect the galaxy. I will help," Taneel said.

"If the Jedi are involved, I am in," Danu said.

"I wish I had time to bring it up with my people, but the Empire's atrocities have to stop," Pamlo said. "You have my support."

"And mine," Malé-Dee said.

"I think this is a mistake," Jebel said. "More blood is not a solution."

"But we have to do what we can to avoid another war," Vaspar said. "You have my vote."

"Bana?" said Bail, looking at Senator Breemu.

"The involvement of Jedi in political matters has never inspired my trust," Breemu said. "But this Knight is giving us no choice. I will support a transitional government."

"Am I the only voice of reason in the room?" Jebel said. "How many innocent people will have to die due to the recklessness of the Jedi?"

"Perhaps none, if we do our part right," Riyo said.

Jebel rubbed his brow. "Fine—like Bana said, is not as if we're left with much of a choice. You can count on my support. I just hope this is not the biggest mistake we've ever done."

"Then it's settled," said Bail with a gleam of optimism in his eye. "This will be the core of the emergency government once the Emperor is gone. Our biggest hurdle will be facing the Moffs, who'll surely attempt to seize power."

"You mean, Tarkin," Mothma said.

"Him in particular; especially now in his new capacity as Grand Moff."

"We will need to move swiftly," Admiral Dodonna said. "I suggest detaining him at the ceremony, before he can rally those loyal to him."

"Leave that to me," Colonel Madine said.

"I will have my people take over the Imperial Intelligence headquarters to prevent Imperial loyalist from coordinating," Colonel Draven said. "The quicker we seize control of the main centers of power, the lower the danger of armed rebellion."

"Let's just hope this Jedi Knight can succeed where his comrades failed," Major Merrick said.

"May the Force be with us," Bail said. "Now more than ever."

"I know it will," Riyo said.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.4K 229 15
In which a Jedi Knight is assigned a padawan, a padawan who is sassy, arrogant, and passionate, a girl who mirrors Anakin in so many ways. They despi...
1.2K 156 25
One of the few students of Jedi tradition after the purging of the order by the Empire, Lorash Entaira has lived her life hiding in secret under the...
594 24 12
A team of hero's are assigned on a secret mission to end the Clone Wars for good. But suddenly they end up crash landing on an unknown planet-surroun...
14.9K 781 28
\\ α΄›Κœα΄‡ ꜰΙͺΚ€κœ±α΄› κœ±α΄›α΄Κ€Κ ΙͺΙ΄ α΄›Κœα΄‡ κœ±α΄›α΄€Κ€ α΄‘α΄€Κ€κœ± α΄›Ιͺα΄α΄‡ΚŸΙͺɴᴇ // ⭐️ α΄‘α΄€α΄›α΄›Κκœ± α΄‘Ιͺɴɴᴇʀ (2021) - κœ°α΄€Ι΄κœ°Ιͺα΄„α΄›Ιͺᴏɴ ⭐️ Long before the Republic or the rise of the Jedi Order, th...