Forget-Me-Not (dreamxreader)

By red_fairy_lights

****Book 2 of the Blooms of War series**** C!Dreamwastaken X femreader She/Her pronouns Y/N wakes to find her... More

1|| Trapped
2|| A Dreadful Cage
3|| Enderian
4|| Undercover
5|| Wilbur?
6|| What I Remember
7|| They Were My Friends, Right?
8|| Fundy || Part 1
9|| Fundy || Part 2
10|| Ripples
11|| Waves
12|| Rainbow Feathers - Father's Day Special
13|| A Tale From Long Ago
14|| I love you truly || Part 1
14|| I love you truly || Part 2
15|| The Meeting
16|| Chess
17 || Escape
18 || Travellers
19 || Exile
20 || Execution || Part 1
20 || Execution || Part 2
21 || Cocoa and Compasses
|| Halloween special ||
22 || You're Not Real
23 || The Truth
24 || Solivagant
25 || An Ocean of White
26 || Mothers
27 || Clarity
28 || Old Friends
29 || Secrets
30 || Engagement
31 || The Antarctic Anarchist Commune
32 || Michael
33 || Heros
34 || Mizpah
35 || Stories From Another Life
36 || Adjustment
37 || The Community House
38 || Loss
39 || Anger
40 || Worry
41 || Bargaining || Part 1
41 || Barganing || Part 2
42 || Lightning
43 || Moving Forward
44 || Getting Help
45 || Itsy Bitsy Spider
46 || Best Friends
47 || Great Responsibility
48 || Time Away
49 || New Recruits
50 || East and West
51 || Return
52 || Always
53 || Only the Night Sky
54 || Great and Sudden Change || Part 1
54 || Great and Sudden Change || Part 2
54 || Great and Sudden Change || Part 3
55 || Action
56 || You Are My Everything
57 || Nostalgia
58 || War
59 || Silence
60 || Epilogue
Final Words From The Author :)

✧Christmas Special✧

370 18 15
By red_fairy_lights

TW: Some trauma bits but it's not huge and some swears. This is just a cutesy wholesome Christmas chapter for all you simps ;) This stuff isn't "canon" but as usual pay attention because these chapters have A LOT of foreshadowing in them hehehehe 

^ Inspired by the animatic above ^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunlight had slowly started to seep in through the crack between curtains leaving a warm line on my face. I squint and see freshly fallen snow on the windowsill outside. I wriggle a little bit but am pulled back by a pair of needy arms around my waist. I smile feeling delight spring up my spine and rest in my mind as I feel Dream's hot breath on the back of my neck and his chest on my back.

He wasn't awake yet, I knew he wasn't. If he was he would've mumbled a drowsy "good morning" or maybe "Merry Christmas". I drift between sleeping and waking. 

I furrow my brow in confusion when I hear the clicking of fast footsteps and the creak of our bedroom door. An excited grunt and tug on the blankets makes me realise who had found their way to our room. 

"WAKE UP Y/N! WAKE UP DREAM!" Michael jumps and shouts on the bed waking up Dream who groans and rolls over. 

"Michael we're awake!" I get out through my laughter and sit up in the bed. His wild energy had brought bursts of bright colour into a room that moments ago seemed only yellow and warm. 

"IT'S CHRISTMAS Y/N! WOAH-" Michael tumbles over landing on his back. He crazily gets to his hands and knees and crawls over to me and I grab him for a cuddle tickling his sides and making him laugh boisterously. 

"Merry Christmas Michael," I tease in a gravelly voice. 
"Come on! We need to get everyone so we can do presents in the house!" Michael jumps off me and runs to the door again. 

"Woah woah woah, hold your horses, mister! Where is everyone?" I ask and rub a hand subconsciously up and down Dream's arm, silently asking him to wake up. 

"They're still in the other cabin, let's go get them! Hurry up Y/N!" He dashes out of the room and into the small living room. 

"Do your Dads know you're awake yet?" I call to him. 
"NOPE!" A distant yell replies. I sigh and look over at Dream. 

"Dream," I drag out his name in a sweet voice, he hums in a jokingly bored tone. 
"We need to get up so we can look after Michael," I say into his ear and then start to slide off the bed. I let out a surprised squeak when Dream catches my wait again stopping me from moving anymore. I look down and he's buried his face in my side, I smile and run a hand through his messy blond hair. 

"But I'm tired," he whines and I burst out laughing at his silliness. 

"I know you are, but Michael isn't and we have to look after him," Dream only squeezes me tighter. 

"Why do you have to be responsible?" he sighs and I feel his face scrunch up as he tries to wake up at least a little bit. I decide to tease him a little more. With a smirk, I lean down and whisper in his ear. 

"Because I'm the best aunt ever," I quickly plant a kiss in front of his ear, in that moment of weakness his grip loosens and I'm set free. I'm still in my plaid red, green and white pyjama pants and what I think is one of Dream's white shirts but Michael left me no time to change. 

He shoves my crown into my hands and I pull on my favourite blue cloak touching my emerald earring to make sure it didn't fall out whilst I was sleeping. Michael is already opening the door and running down the steps before I've put my boots on. 

I chase him to the other cabin that Tommy, Shroud and Techno are sharing feeling my necklace hit my chest with every step. Michael wanted us here for Christmas morning so Tubbo and Ranboo lent us the empty cabins in Snowchester to sleep in. There was not enough space in the house for us all to fit. It was going to be a family Christmas this year, everybody was coming. 

Michael pulls open the door, standing on his toes to reach the doorknob, and runs inside the cabin. I chuckle to myself and follow him. I arrive at Tommy's room just in time to see him shit himself as Michael launches himself onto the bed. 

Shroud, who was sleeping in Tommy's arms, joins in and they bounce around on the bed screaming "Christmas!" and "presents!". I laugh as Tommy looks at me unable to wipe his surprised expression from his face. He looked like a stunned mullet. 

"LET'S GET TECHNO!" Michael yells. 
"YEAH!" Shroud yells back with equal enthusiasm. They leap off the bed and sprint past me and down the hall to Techno's room. 

"What the fuck," Tommy exclaims running a hand through his unruly blond hair. He'd let it grow long and his white streaks from his resurrection were as prominent as ever. I laugh at his immediate reflex to cuss and take the hair tie from my wrist and hold it out for him.

"Merry Christmas Tommy," he grumbles the greeting back and takes the hair tie and pulls the lower half of his hair into a stubby ponytail.  

"Were you tortured as well?" Tommy yawns and stretches his arms above his head. I hear yells down the hallway indicating that Michael and Shroud were jumping on Techno's bed. 

"Mhm, I was," I hum and watch as Shroud and Michael drag Techno down the hallway by his arms. They pull with all their might but Techno doesn't go faster than a meandering pace. The two were overexcited and it showed. 

"Merry Christmas Techno," he mumbles back but I don't understand any of it which makes me laugh again. 

"Clearly, none of us is a match for a bunch of five-year-olds," I snigger and Shroud and Michael run past and start jumping on Tommy's bed again. 

"Well except for you apparently," Tommy drones noting my slight more alive expression. 
"Not by much-"

"Y/N Y/N LET'S GO TO THE HOUSE FOR PRESENTS NOW!" the boys run over and start dragging me by the arms. Unlike Techno, I cave and follow them out the door. 

I walk behind them as they run in crazy patterns through the snow yelling at one another. If we were in town, I'm sure the whole neighbourhood would be awake. We move past the podium and the vault and Tubbo's factory back to the house. 

I enter the house behind the boys and hang my cloak on one of the hooks mounted to the wall. I see Ranboo talking to a sleepy Dream in the kitchen and I smirk as I spot Tubbo staring at Michael sternly with his arms crossed. Michael and Shroud stand side by side guiltily looking at their toes. 

"You're lucky Y/N was nice enough to wake up and look after you rascals! What would have happened if you slipped on the ice and hurt yourself?" Tubbo scolds and shakes his head. 

"But rascals have the most fun!" I sweep Michael from where he was in front of Tubbo into my arms. He squeals and snorts as I swing him around. I feel a familiar tug on my leg and Shroud uses his spider legs to climb up and cling onto my right arm like a monkey on his mother's back.

"Can we do presents now?" Shroud asks me politely. Tubbo can't keep his straight face and tries to hide it under his unruly fringe as he walks off to join Ranboo in the kitchen. 

"Well, we have to wait for Tommy and Techno so they don't miss out," I tell them and slip a little warning into my tone. I put a giggling Michael down and Shroud drops to the ground from my arm. They run over to the Christmas tree that Ranboo, Tubbo and Michael had decorated and started shaking presents trying to work out what's in them. 

"Merry Christmas guys," I wish and hug Ranboo and Tubbo tightly. 

I slip into Dream's embrace and he kisses my cheek. 
"Merry Christmas" he mumbles. He must be feeling more awake now, I eye the kitchen bench and spot three cups of coffee that Tubbo must have made for them whilst they waited for us. 

"What time is it?" I ask curiously. Ranboo checks the watch on his wrist. 
"It's six-thirty," He sighs and pinches the bridge of his nose. No wonder we were all exhausted. 

"How are you not half asleep?" Dream asks Ranboo. 
"Well, Michael is usually up this early so Tubbo and I are used to it. Also, coffee," Ranboo holds his cup up in a cheers gesture before taking another swig. Tubbo nods in agreement with comically large eyes making me chuckle. 

Michael speeds past us again. 

"TECHNO AND TOMMY ARE HERE IT'S PRESENTS TIME!" he demands and announces at the same time sprinting to the Christmas tree. I hadn't even noticed him run to the door to open it. The two men in question slowly stride into the kitchen, unlike us they were still half-asleep. 

Michael and Shroud pull us to the tree and we all sit around it as presents get handed out. Being the sweet kids that they are, Michael and Shroud had made something for everybody. Michael had drawn something for everyone and Shroud had made little figurines out of his webs and clay. Any cracks in the clay were filled with web making them silvery and pretty. 

"Y/N, we made these for you," Michael says and holds out the figurine and drawing. Michael had drawn a picture of the two of us on a sled. The crayons had smudged together in some places and it was a bit messy but I loved how much thought he put into it. The figurine Shroud had made for me was a little penguin with a silver webbed tummy. 

"Thank you so much my beloveds!" I beam and plant firm kisses on their foreheads that make them giggle and run off to give out the rest of their presents. 

Tommy had made me a cardigan in my favourite colour with big buttons on the front. Tubbo got me seeds for my garden at mine and Dream's house, Ranboo bought paint supplies and Techno had somehow acquired a massive ruby for me. 

"You can turn it into jewellery or something I don't know," he'd stuttered making me laugh at the randomness of the gift. This was often what happened on Christmas, Techno ran out of ideas and grabbed the most useful thing he could find that would qualify as a gift. 

Dream had gotten me something different altogether. 

"Merry Christmas," he mumbles and presses a locket into my palm. It was silver to match my crown and was an oval shape with tiny ivy vine engravings. I smile curiously at him and open the tiny object. I gasp totally in awe of the little photos. It opened into three sides that each had a picture of the people I love. 

The first photo was of Ranboo, Tubbo, Michael, Shroud and Tommy. Michael and Shroud were riding high on Ranboo's shoulders laughing their heads off. Tommy and Tubbo each held one of the boys' legs to keep them steady whilst the picture was taken. The next slide had Wilbur, Phil and Techno in it. Wilbur and Techno were smirking cheekily at the camera whilst Phil seemed to be rolling his eyes at their antics. 

The final photo was of me, Spirit, Dream, Sapnap and George. We were on the beach and Spirit had rested her head on my shoulder whilst Dream had an arm around my waist. George and Sapanp were semi-photo-bombing on the sand behind us. George was burying Sapnap and only Sapnap's head and white bandana were visible. I remember the day the photo was taken, before Dream and I got together, before a lot of things. 

I smile feeling my eyes get a little bit teary. 

"I love you," I mutter.
Dream "awes" and wraps an arm around my shoulders. Shroud shyly hands me the gift I had gotten for Dream.

"A letter?" he questions, I nod handing it to him. 
"I suggest you open it later," I smirk and wink making his brows knit together in confusion. I felt my stomach do flips as I thought about the contents of the envelope. He was going to lose his mind when he read it. 

Of all of us, Shroud and Michael were the most ecstatic about their presents. 

Michael had been given a little crown by his dads with red and green jewels around the rim. They gave him a stern warning about looking after it and then Techno gave Michael his present. 

"The art of war?" Michael read aloud making us all burst out laughing. Really Techno? For a five-year-old?

"You said you wanted to be a great warrior like me, this is how you get there," Techno tapped the cover of the book. I looked to my left and saw Tubbo's conflicted expression about the book. I roll my eyes, sometimes he could be rather overprotective of the boy. 

Of course, Tommy had made Michael a brown and yellow striped sweater with a little bee on the pocket. Dream and I had bought him a book for all of his drawings. 

Shroud was more laid back than Michael but we could all tell he was just as excited about his presents. Tommy had crocheted him a green and yellow dinosaur plushie that Shroud couldn't stop hugging. I didn't miss Tommy's proud expression as he watched the grin spread on Shroud's face as he hugged the dino. 

Techno had gotten Shroud a wooden sword so he could spar with Michael. Ranboo and Tubbo got him a slingshot, I had a feeling the three of them had brainstormed what to get Shroud. 

Dream and I found Shroud a book about flowers like the one I had when I was young. Shroud and Michael loved sitting in the flower field with me during the summer, Shroud a touch more so. I saw him flick through the pages to find his favourite flower, Chrysanthemum. My heart warmed as he smiled at the hand-drawn picture of the flower and the description next to it. I had a feeling that we'd be in the flower field a lot this coming Spring. 

We handed out presents to everyone else. Techno was overjoyed with an enchantment book somebody got him. Tubbo nearly lost his mind when Tommy gave him a fat jar of blaze powder for his nuclear hobbies. It was priceless watching everyone's faces light up as they received their gifts. 

"Right, who wants breakfast?" Tubbo claps his hands as we finish handing out presents to one another. 

"I'll help," I laugh as everyone's voices overlap like chicks calling for their mother to bring them food. 

****

A/N: Your outfit minus the bag <3 Feel free to change it

The day went by quickly as everyone enjoyed their new presents. Michael and Shroud went outside immediately after breakfast to spar with their wooden swords and mess with Shroud's slingshot. 

We were back inside now. I was helping Ranboo make Christmas lunch and dinner since we both had a feeling everybody would stay late. We jokes and talked with Dream and Tommy as we did so whilst Techno and Tubbo watched Michael and Shroud in the living room. 

A knock breaks the atmosphere and Phil, Wilbur, Sally and Fundy finally arrive. Now the whole family was here. 

"Merry Christmas!" Phil calls as he walks in carrying a massive crate that he leaves by the door. I smirk knowing that it's the fireworks for later tonight. I quickly come out of the kitchen to greet everybody. 

"Phil!" I say and hug him. 
"It's been so long," he chuckles. 
"It's been too long!" I reply making us laugh more. 

"GRANDPA!" two small voices yell and Phil scoops up Michael and Shroud as they crash into his legs. 

"Hello Y/N," a deep voice says and I smile when I see Wilbur wearing a red Santa hat. I hug his tall frame and feel his chest shake with a slight laugh.
"How are you Wil?" my voice is muffled by the hug. 

"I'm doing great, you were right about moving out of town," he pulls away and moves to greet another person.

"Y/N!" I squeal as I'm tackled from the side. Out of the corner of my eye, I catch sight of reddish-orange curls. 

"SALLY!" I hug the woman back with an equal amount of enthusiasm. 

"Don't forget about me," I turn my head seeing Fundy as he winks at me. I chuckle and wish him a Merry Christmas with a hug too. 

"Oh! Before I forget to ask, are you doing the Christmas ball this year?" Sally asks curiously. 
"We are but we're doing it after Christmas. Dream and I thought it would be better if people were with their families for Christmas rather than a royal ball," I say honestly. 

"Fundy come play with us!" Michael grabs Fundy's hand and drags him away from us and into the living room where Techno was still sitting. 

Once everyone has said their "hellos" and "how are yous", we set the table for lunch. As usual, it's total chaos as Ranboo tries to convince Michael to eat his greens and Tommy tries to convince Shroud to eat the potatoes. Fundy and Wilbur play footsies under the table and Dream and Tubbo wouldn't stop talking about nuclear weaponry. Sally and I can't find enough to chat about. 

The whole afternoon was filled with my favourite sort of chaos. Ranboo nearly burnt the ham because he forgot it was in the oven whilst Tubbo and Tommy kept sneaking frosting from the can in the cupboard. Techno had started to teach Michael the art of war but Phil stepped in and stopped that before Michael started asking for examples. Shroud convinced Wilbur and I to play Christmas carols on the guitar so he could sing to them. Sally would not stop fussing over Fundy and Dream and Phil stood off to the side enjoying some peace and talking to one another. 

As the sun set and the cold day turned to an even colder night, Michael and Shroud grew more and more energetic. Bouncing about or running around the small crowded room like tiny racecars. They knew there would be fireworks and neither of them could be more eager to go outside and run about with sparklers. 

Eventually, we caved and went outside in our thick coats and fur-lined cloaks. Our noses were tinged pink from the frosty air and our breath was hot and steamy in front of us. Wilbur gave Michael and Shroud sparklers and they ran as quickly as they could without slipping, waving them about. They laughed as they tried to draw shapes in the air making hot yellow streaks for mere moments before the lines faded. 

Sally and I are laughing at Fundy who can't stop slipping when I notice Tubbo behind everyone. He was on the hill near his factory setting up the fireworks. I frowned and told Sally I'd be right back and then climbed the stairs to where Tubbo was knelt over. 

"Hey Tubbo," I smile softly. He jumps at my voice, he must not have heard me approach him. 
"H-hey," he stutters and smiles back at me, but his heart's not in it. 

"Are you ok, Tubbo?" I kneel beside him and he takes a deep breath. The fireworks were all set up, he just needed to light the fuse. 

"Yeah I'm fine," he says a little too quickly. I notice Ranboo coming up the stairs out the corner of my eye. 
"Tubbo, you don't need to do this..." I trail off. Ranboo walks around me to Tubbo's other side, he stays quiet just listening to the exchange. 

"It's fine! Seriously. The rockets will be nowhere near me after all, they'll be in the sky," I watch his hands and see that they're shaking. I look at Ranboo and I know he sees it too. Tubbo shouldn't be lighting fireworks, he's better off away from them. 

"Tubbo, I think I'd prefer it if Y/N lit the fireworks. Michael did say he wanted to watch them with you," Ranboo speaks honestly, I do remember Michael saying that. 

With a shaky sigh, Tubbo stands and I stand with him. He look down at the lighter in his palm, I can practically feel his racing thoughts. Tubbo looks at me and I hold out my palm, he sets the lighter into it shakily. 

"Thank you," he whispers to me. I smile sympathetically at him and open my arms for a hug. I feel his whole body shake in my arms and I try to offer him some silent strength. We pull away and Ranboo takes Tubbo's hand leading him back to the party. 

I watch at Ranboo calls for Michael. He runs to meet them at the top of the stairs on the platform where the podium is usually. We'd put it away for the night since it wasn't a night for formalities. Ranboo wraps an arm around Tubbo's shoulders and Tubbo wraps an arm around his waist. Michael runs up the stairs and crashes into both of them for a warm hug. I can't help but smile and wonder if I'll have that one day. 

"BOO!" I'm trapped in somebody's arms and I shriek with surprise. I start to laugh once I realise who it is. 

"Dream!" I giggle and turn around so I can hug him back. 
"Is Tubbo alright?" he mumbles into my shoulder. 
"He is now that he's not near the fireworks," I pull back so I can look him in the eyes. 

Dream leans in with a dopey grin and rests his forehead on mine. We sway ever so slightly and enjoy each other's warmth in the freezing snow. 

"HEY Y/N! STOP HAVING A HEALTHY RELATIONSHIP AND START THE SHOW!" I roll my eyes as I hear Fundy shout from the ground. 

"YEAH, Y/N, START THE SHOW!" I laugh as I hear Wilbur join in and rile everybody up. 

"Like father like son," I sigh and pull away feeling a lot colder without Dream next to me. I kneel and get ready to light the fuse. 

"START A COUNTDOWN, GUYS!" Dream yells back to them and I smile at the sound of his voice. Wilbur, Fundy and Tommy ecstatically start to scream at the top of their lungs. They wrap their arms around each other's shoulders forming a line. 

10...
9...
8...

I laugh as I see Tommy, Wilbur and Fundy drag Phil and Techno into their line. 

7...
6...
5...

Sally holds Shroud's hand and points to the sky, I assume she's showing him where the explosion will be. 

4...
3...

I light the lighter and move it slowly closer to the fuse. 

2...
1...

I touch the tiny dancing flame to the fuse. It sparks and rushes to the rocket. I hear the satisfying whistle as it flies into the air. Everybody cheers as the first firework booms in the sky over the bay lighting the night sky gold and reflecting on the crystal clear ice. 

The second one in the line goes and I line up the rest of the fuses so they will work on their own. I light the thickest slow-burning fuse attached to multiple rockets at different lengths. They start flying off and the stillness in the air is replaced by burning electricity. 

Wilbur, Tommy and Fundy break out of the line excitedly. I see Techno stick with Phil and they keep their arms around each other's shoulders. I chuckle when I see them fist-bump and smirk at one another. 

Tommy and Wilbur sweep Sally and Shroud away from one another. Shroud squeals with delight as Tommy lifts him onto his shoulders keeping hold of his little hands so he stays steady. Wilbur spins Sally around making her laugh, as he sets her down he kisses her warmly. They pull away and Wilbur calls for Fundy, begrudgingly he joins the group hug. 

I notice Dream's big hand held out to me to help me off the floor. I stand my feet crunching the snow; background noise to the whistles and booms of fireworks and muffled chatter. 

Dream pulls me into another warm hug. I wrap my arms around his neck and he hugs my waist close to his body. We turn our heads out to the bay to watch the fireworks. 

"Merry Christmas," he mutters letting a steamy breath into the air. 
"Merry Christmas... Oh, you should probably open that letter now," I pull back and Dream gives me a strange look, one of curiosity, excitement and some wariness. 

He digs in his hoodie pocket for the slip of paper. He pulls it out and breaks the red wax seal. I feel my stomach riot with butterflies as I wait for his reaction. I see his eyes dart back and forth scanning the words. I watch his eyebrows knit together and his lips part in confusion as he goes back to read over it again and again and again. 

I feel my heart soar as the letter sinks into his mind. Realisations flashes across his features and I notice his eyes grow glossy. 

"No... no way, you're joking," he looks at me completely bewildered. My grin grows as I shake my head telling him that I'm not joking in the slightest. 

"So... Am I?..." Dream gapes like a goldfish making me laugh. He can't even finish a sentence. 

"Yeah, yeah you are!" I sniffle starting to feel emotional myself. I watch as thoughts and feelings overwhelm Dream's face and he runs a hand over his scarred eye and then into his hair. 

Dream's hand that was holding the letter started to shake. I take it in my own shaking hand to help steady him. My finger brushes the ring on his pinky finger, the ring she used to wear. I see a tear drip down Dream's face but he quickly wipes it away. 

"Hey it's ok, she's excited to see you!" I try to reassure him taking his face in my palms. As fireworks lit up the night sky Dream leant in and planted an emotional kiss on my lips. 

"I really couldn't ask for anything else his Christmas. My amazing girlfriend and now my sister too," he lets out a strangled chuckle and smiles. I pull him back to me for another hug and kiss his cheek feeling joy escape my lips in a gasping laugh. We stick close to one another as we watch the fireworks slowly come to an end. 

****

The trash bag rustled quietly as I shuffled about the dining room picking up rubbish from tonight's festivities. Dream, Phil and I were the only ones left standing as Wilbur, Sally and Fundy had left earlier.

I smile as I catch a glimpse of everybody passed out in the living room. Tommy had Shroud cuddled to his chest on their favourite armchair that was closest to the fireplace. In Shroud's arms was his yellow and green dino. Techno had flopped face down on one couch snoring away and his crown had rolled onto the floor next to his hand.  

Tubbo, Ranboo and Michael slept together on the other couch. Michael lay on top of Ranboo's chest and Tubbo was hugging Ranboo's side. Phil sat quietly in the armchair next to Tommy's drinking something, probably leftover eggnog from earlier.  I smile at the memory of how Fundy and Dream picked on Wilbur and me for having pink cheeks from the alcohol. 

I pick up another shred of Christmas wrapping paper and shove it into the black bag. I glance around the room and everything seemed to be clean now. I hear the chink of dishes as Dream slipped another plate into the cupboard.  

Everything was quiet. Quiet. Like silence, but not really silent. Peaceful was a better way to describe it. I stop for a moment and take in everything in the room I can feel. 

Taking a deep breath I can hear snoring, the crackle of the fire, the hush of waves on the frosty ocean, the groan of the sink as Dream drains the water, the occasional sipping noise from Phil. I can smell ginger from the cookies in the tin and an earthy smell from the Christmas tree, the warm fireplace scent and what was left of the perfume I had worn all day.

I let a smile grace my face as I slip out of my trance. This place was heaven to me. A warm room full of love and family and the people who I care about most. I walk away from where I had been standing and head out the front door to the bin. I walk quickly so that I can get out of the cold air and go back inside. Only the stars and wispy clouds see me as I shove the bag into the bin and dash back inside. 

I close the front door behind me, retreating to my haven. 

"Thanks for helping me clean up," I say to Phil and Dream who had been on dish duty. Phil had washed and Dream had just finished drying the hundreds of dishes we'd used today.  

"It's no problem, I think Ranboo and Tubbo have their hands full enough as it is," Dream mumbles and looks at the trio who had fallen asleep on the couch together. I feel my forehead crease as I notice Dream's perplexing expression. I saw doubt in his eyes and longing. 

"What's wrong?" I ask gently. He sighs and looks at his hands that were holding a stripy dish towel. I move to his side and put what I hope is a comforting hand on his shoulder. 

"It's just... Michael barely spoke with me today," his voice was melancholy. 

Dream loves Michael and Shroud, there was no question about it. Dream and I weren't married but he was a part of our family in every way. Just like how Tubbo and I weren't technically Tommy, Techno and Wilbur's siblings and Phil wasn't our dad, it felt that way regardless. Everything that Dream put them through was long forgiven once everybody understood one another. It took a long time but he became a part of the family. Michael and Shroud love Dream just as much as Dream loves them; infinitely. 

"He was just busy spending time with his dads and his best friend, there were a lot of people here today and he's just one kid," I try to reason but Dream was still upset. 

"He always makes time for you and you're not Tubbo or Ranboo or Shroud or Tommy," Dream points out with a little huff. He steps away and hangs the dishtowel on the horizontal handle of the oven. I feel some cogs click in my brain. 

"Are you jealous?" I ask refusing the smirk that wanted to replace my concerned frown. I lean back on the kitchen bench and cross my arms. 

"Maybe a little bit," he sighs and turns back to me. His confession forces the small smile onto my lips. I shake my head and set my hands on his hips pulling him into me. In turn, he sets his hands on my shoulders.  

"Dream, Michael loves you and so does Shroud. You'd have to be blind to not see it, don't worry so much," I reassure him. Dream rests his head on my shoulder and slips his arms around my waist. 

"There's something I haven't told you yet," I feel Dream smile into my skin letting me know it's nothing bad. 

"What is it?" I mutter curiously.

"Out of all the presents I got for Christmas, you're my favourite," I feel my heart skip a beat at his sincerity. A blush rose to my cheeks and I bury my head in the crook of his neck to hide it from the world. 

"Is that so?" I mumble. Dream's confirming hum vibrates through my chest. I feel warm inside and my smile is completely uncontrollable as we stay holding onto one another in the middle of the kitchen. 

The tiniest creak breaks our trance. We hear another creak coming from above us. We look up in sync and start chuckling when we see the slowly growing mistletoe. Dream raises an eyebrow at me and I just shrug. I had no idea I was growing it. He looks up at it again before leaning in for a kiss. 

I smile into the kiss. I taste gingerbread on his lips and I don't doubt that he can taste the peppermint from the candy canes I had snacked on with Tubbo. I feel Dream's hands gently touch my face as I ran mine through his hair. 

We pull away and press our foreheads together swaying to the music of the room. The crackling of the fire, the crash of waves on the docks, the growing creaks from the mistletoe on the ceiling. 

I couldn't picture a more perfect Christmas. 

~~~~

MERRY CHRISTMAS PEOPLE!!!!!

HERE'S YOUR CHRISTMAS SPECIAL WITH LOTS OF FLUFF FOR ALL THE SIMPS OF THE WORLD AND THOSE WHO JUST LIKE THIS BOOK FOR SOME REASON <3 :P

I had a lot of fun writing this and it's been a real treat writing this series for everyone. Like I said before things may slow down but I'm trying to finish this before the end of winter/summer/this season wherever you are. 

SEE YOU GUYS NEXT TIME

I HOPE YOU HAVE A MAGICAL CHRISTMAS DAY/EVENING/MORNING/NIGHT <3 <3 <3 <3

You are loved <3 I promise you are

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.4K 268 28
• BOOK THREE OF THE KAIIDTH SERIES! ▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔ - Who knew that in just a week so much drama could bring you into the light of being a hero? - As y...
281K 9.9K 45
Years after [Y/N] has stepped into her new home, it seems like she haves to leave again. On her way to protect her home, she meets a lot new people...
1.2M 27.1K 134
This is a technoblade x female reader she/her pronouns. If your sensitive to any of the following topics please do not read. •slight gore •blood •we...
223K 954 31
This will mainly be xreaders. I might write some ships later on though. This book includes fluff and smut. I WILL NOT WRITE SMUT FOR THE MINORS OF TH...