Blindspot

By ssupppppy

I was 8 when I got promised to Andrei, my childhood friend. We shared a great bond and comfort with each othe... More

Mine -I
Mine- II
Wedding Bells
Two Faces Of Danzel Levigne
Birthday And Surprises
The Meet
Defender?
Evidence
His Wrath
Escape Attempt
Payback
Escape
A Kiss In The Fire
Hotel Room
Innocence
The Lead
Stars And Sky
Under His Tongue
Turmoil
Right or Wrong
Accusation and Trusts
Lust And Love
Layers Of Truth
Trust Is Earned
Disowned
Who Is He?
Criminal
Color And Rain
Marriage Proposal
Ring And Hatred
Confession
I Will Let You Go!
Wedding Preparation

Water

13.8K 600 140
By ssupppppy

Inessa disconnected the call with Louis and leaned back against the wall. A week had passed since Andrei... She gulped hard. She was still having a hard time believing that her best friend was no more. She closed her moistened eyes and his smiling face flashed. The guilt was infesting her insides. None of this would have happened if she had not insisted for them to have dinner out. Somewhere in her heart, she held herself responsible for his death.

Her in-laws were not wrong in blaming her. Tears trailed down her cheeks. 

"Come back, Andy," she begged in her mind. Come back and free me from this guilt. 

When it rains, it pours. She was still struggling to come to terms with the fact that her only friend had left her for good when Fransisco started distressing her with his constant calls. For the last three days, he had been messaging and calling her non-stop. She tried to ignore it initially but decided to meet and set the record straight after realizing he wouldn't give up. So she went to meet him yesterday. 

She met him in a restaurant as she was skeptical about visiting his house after that incident. There, he apologized and asked her to stay friends with him. Inessa had no intention of being friends with him. She realized he had no interest in being her friend right from the beginning. After telling him not to contact her ever again, she left.

She sighed heavily and pushed to her feet. The sky had started to darken. She went downstairs to prepare dinner since Zara hadn't shown up for the last two days. 

After preparing dinner, she went back to her room. This place was lonely, without a spirit. Inessa missed her home. Not her family but the environment. The open farms, clean air, and peaceful surrounding. She had planned on relocating to a village after everything was settled. She will do her painting business from there. All her interest and passion had died. She didn't feel like painting or doing anything. Everything felt worthless.

A loud growl of her stomach broke her from her thoughts. 

She decided to have something to eat and with that intention headed to the kitchen. Her ear caught his voice as she advanced towards the stairs. 

She noticed him talking to someone over the phone with his back on her. With her focus somewhere else, her steps faltered which sent her tumbling down the stairs. She squeezed her eyes shut as she violently slipped down the stairs. She felt every hit that her body met with while toppling down. Luckily, there was not many stairs.  

Her whole body was aching sore by the time she reached the ground. 

"Fuck," she heard him cursing, and not even a second later, he was hovering above her, looking down at her in concern. 

"Are you okay?" he worried out. Inessa was more embarrassed than hurt. She had fallen in the most undignified way. She gave him a nod and tried to sit up. Danzel took her by surprise when he crouched down and held her shoulders. She watched him in awe as he slowly helped her in sitting. 

She studied his perfectly sculpted face. He was celestial. He was sitting so close to her but surprisingly, their proximity wasn't scaring her. Not that she was basking in it but she wasn't hating it either.   

"Can you sand up?" he snapped her from her thoughts. Inessa blinked several times before she attempted at standing up. She winced and slumped back down, realising her ankle had twisted. 

"Seems like you have sprained your ankle," Danzel concluded, looking down at her ankle. Inessa nodded without looking up at him. She tried to stand up but failed again.

Her eyes widened in surprise when she felt being lifted in the air. Her wide eyes collided with his blue gems as he swept her up in his arms. She, hastily, put her hands on his shoulders as he tucked her petite body against his chest. 

She was light like a feather and so damn small. Their faces were inches apart. They both felt their heartbeats climbing up several notches. Fo Danzel, their proximity felt intoxicating. His gaze dropped to her delicious lips. He wanted to taste those soft lips so bad. So fucking bad. If Danzel dipped his face a little, they would be kissing. Wild emotions were raging inside him, urging him to take her, make her his. He tightened his hold around her body while boring holes in her brown eyes. Inessa's cheeks tinted pink. The eye contact with him felt so intimate. No one had ever looked at her like this. She averted her gaze and pulled in an audible breath. 

Danzel blinked a couple of times before pulling his gaze from her beautiful face. The moment shifted from being intimate to awkward real quick. He gulped and started walking up towards her room. Inessa was hungry but said nothing. She just wanted to reach her room as soon as possible. For Danzel, he was enjoying her soft body wrapped around his. If only he could take her to his room, to his bed, and fuck her all day and night. Day and night it would be, for, with her, just once or twice is not enough. His little doll had grown into a seductress. He couldn't resist pulling her flush against his chest. His long legs were purposefully taking short and slow strides. He had gotten this unexpected moment with her and he was going to take full advantage of it.    

He made her sit in her bed. Inessa winced when her feet touched the mattress. She reached for her ankle to soothe the pain. Danzel noticed that. He sat on the edge and gently grabbed her twisted ankle, again surprising her. He upped her skirt a little, revealing her soft skin. Inessa felt her heartbeat turning crazy when his fingertips caressed her ankle ever so slightly. For some reason, this touch felt so intimate.

He wasn't unaffected by the passion of the moment either. How he wished his fingers to travel up and explore her whole length. The urge to get familiar with the mounts and dips of her alluring body was agonizing. Downright torturous. The question was for how long would he be able to take it? Now that there was no one between them, would he be able to let her go? Deep down, he knew the answer and that perturbed him. 

She was too innocent for him.

Inessa hissed in pain when he applied a little pressure. He reached forward and grabbed a pillow. Carefully, he put it under her ankle and told her to rest. 

Inessa leaned back in her bed and exhaled loudly once he left. Not a moment later, her stomach grumbled loudly, reminding her how hungry she was.

Fifteen minutes later, a woman in her mid-thirties sauntered into her room. She sat straight when she saw the unexpected visitor. Behind her was Danzel. Inessa watched them in confusion. Danze had dwarfed the doctor with his enormous height. 

He halted by the foot of her bed and rand a hand down his stubble.  

"She is Dr. Moulin, an orthopedic specialist. She is here to treat your ankle," Danzel informed her in a deep tone, looking everywhere but at her. Inessa shifted her gaze to the friendly-looking woman. 

"Let me check your ankle," she slipped in a chair next to her. Danzel continued to stand by the end of the bed with his hands clasped behind his back as the doctor examined her injury.

"Well, it's not serious. It will get well soon. I'll prescribe you medicine, apply it for a week," she stated. Inessa nodded and gave her a grateful smile. Danzel escorted the doctor out.

After fetching the medicine he went back to her room. She wasn't in her bed. Confused, he looked around but she was nowhere. He wondered where she had just disappeared like that when the door to the bathroom opened and she came out, limping. 

She halted when she noticed him. Danzel placed the medicines on the table and walked over to her with a disapproved look. However, call it his misfortune or luck, his shoe tangled with the carpet as he neared her.

"Fuck," Danzel cursed. Inessa's eyes widened when she saw him falling over her. The next moment, they both were on the floor, he on top of her. His hands were wrapping the back of her head. Inessa inwardly groaned at his massive weight. He was too heavy. 

She opened her eyes and found a pair of blue orbs locked on her face. They were expressionless but deep, too deep. Inessa couldna help but recall the day she had seen him for the first time. He was undeniably handsome since his childhood. 

She was surprised at herself, for she was not frightened of their proximity. Maybe because he was Andrei's brother, she felt protected with him. It was as if he wouldn't let anything happen to her, no matter what.

His eyes heated up with sinful urges as they openly admired the woman he wanted more than anything. She looked so good under him, so tempting. He was hyperaware of her soft lumps crushed against his hard chest. His hands itched badly to feel them. He didn't want to move and put unwanted distance between them. All he wanted to do was lower his face and take those damn lips into his mouth, suck onto them till they swell. What would happen if he kissed her. Would she let him? His heart started beating fastly. He wanted to kiss her so bad. Fuck these damn urges.  

She waited for him to get up but he didn't seem to be in a mood to move a muscle, so she pushed at his shoulder. He was very painfully heavy. Snapping from his daydreaming, he looked away immediately and reluctantly got off her. 

Inessa licked her lips and sat up with the help of her hands. She looked up when he offered her his hand. They both had felt the tension, they both were feeling this strange pull between them. The only difference was that Danzel had accepted it a long time ago and Inessa wasn't even able to recognize it. She gingerly placed her hand in his. He wrapped an arm around her waist and knee, pulling her up into his arms. She shook her head but he paid no heed and started walking towards her bed. 

He laid her gently on the bed while keeping eye contact with her. His gaze was burning through her eyes, reaching her soul. She felt naked, exposed, he was staring at her with such intensity. Not being able to hold his gaze, she lowered her eyes. His, hand of their own accord, reached up and quietly put a strand of her hair behind her ear, making her breath hitch. His finger lingered a moment longer on her skin. She looked up only to meet with abundant longing in his eyes. What was he thinking? Inessa couldn't help but wonder. 

Nervous by the sudden shift in the air, she sat up. He retreated all the while looking at her. Inessa was looking anywhere but at him. He clenched his jaw and turned around. In a matter of seconds, he was out of her room. 

Inessa took a breath of relief.  

..............

"How do you know Fransisco?" Danzel asked her the next day at breakfast. Inessa froze at his sudden question. 

She told him that she had painted for him. Danzel didn't know that she was a painter. In fact, nobody knew except for Andrei. Her own family knew that she was earning but they never were interested in knowing how. It was just Andrei and Sylvia and now Danzel. She told him everything from getting the offer worth millions to painting his house, she left the proposal part, of course.

"Are you crazy? Do you have any fucking idea who he is?" he couldn't hold back his anger. Fransisco was a wanted criminal just like him. He wasn't the best person to be around, far from it. What if something had happened to her. His sudden outburst stunned Inessa.

"Fuck. You will never see him again. Do you understand? Never. He is bad news," he warned her with his stern eyes. She furrowed her brows in confusion but thought against prodding. It was clear they both had some bad blood between them. She was glad that she hadn't told him about their friendship. 

Danzel was in his office thinking about her. She had snuck into his mind and was dominating his every thought. How would he work if she would keep invading his mind like this? He left early for the home that day. His eyes were longing to see her. 

Without realising, his feet moved towards her room. He didn't even know what he was doing when he slowly opened her door. His brows snapped together when he didn't find her in her room. He walked in and looked around but she was nowhere, the door to her bathroom was open. She wasn't there as well. He walked further in towards the balcony and that is when his heart took a reprieve when he saw her huddled in the balcony. But his brows drew together when he came closer and saw her small frame shaking. 

She was crying. 

"You alright," he halted a few steps away from her and asked. She nodded without looking up. 

Danzel rubbed a hand down his face. 

"What's wrong?" he asked, sitting next to her. She looked up at him. Her moist eyes glimmered like gold under the sunlight. 

She wiped her eyes and turned towards the orange sky. Danzel didn't like the way she was bawling her eyes out. 

'What's wrong?" he asked her again. She exhaled and told him that she was missing Andrei. He had no answer to it. What could he have said. 

"He was my only friend. He always helped me with my problems. Why did he have to leave?" she poured her heart out to him while crying. His heart gave a painful squeeze. He couldn't stand seeing her like this. 

Inessa had no idea why was she telling him this all. Just that it felt good. He wasn't judging her, he was listening to her. That's what she wanted. Someone to listen to her. 

She continued to tell him the fun things they did while crying like a child. Even with tears raining down her eyes, she looked exceptionally beautiful.

"I have no one now. I am all alone," she looked so broken.  

He wanted to console her and tell her she wasn't alone. She had him. He would protect her from anything and everything, the only thing he wants in return is her company for a lifetime.  

A flurry of emotions burst inside his chest. Overwhelmed by the emotions, he cupped her face and gently wiped her tears. his eyes screamed the affection he felt for her. She looked at him in confusion as he quickly closed the distance between them and slammed his lips on hers. It was a vulnerable moment for both of them. Inessa closed her eyes, feeling his hot lips on hers. Danzel's pulse was leaping through his blood. How many times he had imagined kissing her plumpy lips. 

The sun descended while witnessing their first intimate moment. 

His tongue licked the seam of her lips, urging her to give him access. Inessa was too high on this thrilling emotion to deny. This was unbelievable. How could she let him touch her? Why was she not scared? Why his touch didn't feel filthy? She didn't know what was happening with her, the only thing she knew was that she liked it. 

He snaked his tongue inside, plundering her sweet mouth. Inessa didn't even notice when he picked her in his arms and took her to the bed. Nor when he pushed her down to the bedsheet and started unbuttoning her shirt. His movements exuded devotion and affection, something she had never tasted before. 

Impatient, he ripped her shirt open, causing a tearing sound to echo in the room, leaving her in her bra. He snuggled his face into the crook of her neck and started sucking on her sensitive skin. 

"My doll," he breathed while peppering kisses on her neck. Inessa closed her eyes, feeling thousands of butterflies taking flight in her stomach. 

However, their moment crashed down when his phone started ringing. They both paused abruptly, realizing just what they were doing. Danzel reluctantly retreated. Inessa sat up and tried to cover her body with her torn clothes. Now the madness was over, there was awkwardness between them. Danzel snuck a glance at her before leaving the room. Her eyes were downcast.

He came out and answered the call. 

"Hello," he barked, irritated by this interruption to no end.

"I've sent you some pictures. ook at them," his father spoke from the other side. With that said, he disconnected the cal. 

Danzel gritted his teeth and opened the messages. 

There was a string of pictures.

Pictures of Inessa and Fransisco. He swiped the pictures. Them talking in a restaurant, his dropping her, her going inside his house, and what made his blood boil was the one in which they were kissing. He stared at the picture for a good long second in disbelief. Not a moment later, a message from his father popped up.

That bitch is working for Fransisco   

Danzel held his phone tightly as if intending to crush it. 

He turned and walked back to her room, consumed with bloodlust and rage. The venom of betrayal slowly suffusing in his blood. He felt betrayed. 

Driven by rage, he flung the door open, making her jump in her spot. 

She looked scared by his sudden action and the way he was glaring down at her. 

"What is this?" he threw the phone towards her. Inessa, picked the phone and her eyes grew wide with shock when they lay on the pictures. She started shaking her face as tears brimmed her eyes. 

She explained to him that he forced the kiss on her. It was all a misunderstanding. 

Danzel, moved by her tears, asked her if she had any proof. She nodded her head eagerly. She told him about her manager. 

"You better be innocent, Inessa. Because if I found out you are involved with Fransisco, I'll give you a punishment worse than death," he warned her before storming out her room.

Inessa couldn't believe what just happened in a matter of an hour. She had seen many faces of his.    

...........      

"Did you fix their appointment?' Danze asked Sylvia who was sitting in front of him, scared. 

"Yes," she answered. 

'How much he paid her?" Danzel enquired. 

"Five million," she answered. 

"What more do you know about them?" Danzel uncrossed his legs and earned forward. Sylvia scooted back in fear. 

"They..," she stopped and licked her lips, with her eyes on the floor. 

"He was one of her clients, that's it," she said

"Are you sure, Sylvia. Are you sure you are not lying to me because if you are I will make sure you don't have a tongue for the next lie," he threatened her coldly? 

"No..no please don't. I..I will tell you the truth. Inessa and Fransisco are..they are together. I..I knew they were up to something but I had no idea they were conspiring against Andrei so that they could be together," she stuttered out. 

Danzel regressed into deep silence. He was thunderstruck.

"Please....let me go. I didn't do anything..Please," she joined her hands and prayed. Danzel was too shocked to react.   

His man let her go.   

Later in the day, Danzel checked Inessa's call records and expectedly, she had made numerous calls to Fransisco in the past few days.  

"I knew it...Wasn't I saying...that bitch is the murderer. She killed your brother and now she is after you. I know you have feelings for her, Danzel and perhaps she knows it too. She will try to seduce you just like she seduced your brother. Don't let that happen, boy,' his father put a hand on his shoulder and preached him.    

Now there was no room for any doubt.

He was wrong all along.   

Please Like And Comment           

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

928K 11.7K 52
NOT EDITED YET Gracie Owen's a headstrong journalist major rooms with her childhood best friend JJ Anderson for junior year, little does she know she...
625K 31.5K 32
1ST BOOK OF BRIDE SERIES✨✨ Don't do this, leave my parents, don't ruin my life, I will die. She was begging infront of him joining her both hands. Th...
360K 21.4K 45
π’πœπžπ§π­ 𝐎𝐟 π‹π¨π―πžγ€’ππ² π₯𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐑𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐒𝐞𝐬 γ€ˆπ›π¨π¨π€ 1〉 π‘Άπ’‘π’‘π’π’”π’Šπ’•π’†π’” 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒕 β˜†|| 𝑺𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒂 𝑴�...
1.5M 104K 198
**Story is gonna be slow paced. Read only if you have patience. πŸ”₯** Isha Sharma married a driver whom she had just met. She was taking a huge risk...