Bestfriends But Not Forever •...

By blueberryhoon

It's hard to hide your feelings for someone especially if those special feeling is for your bestfriend. Your... More

intro
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
outro

16

349 35 8
By blueberryhoon

[A/N: I know the last chapter (15) is a bit short so let me make it up to you in this one. Enjoy reading!]

"How's Jake?" Mrs. Min asked. Mr. and Mrs. Yizhuo together with Mr. and Mrs. Min came to the hospital. Jake is awake already but he's just quiet.

"He's fine now and the doctor said he can go home already. Let's just tell the kids not to let him do a lot of works. He's not that seriously injured but he still needs lots of rest" Mr. Yizhuo said. A minute after, the doctor who checked and treated Jake came inside the room with a male nurse beside him.

"Good evening, Mr. and Mrs. Yizhuo, Mr. and Mrs. Min. I would like to inform you that you can take him home now. Please be aware that he can't take heavy works that can make him feel tired easily. He fainted earlier because he can't breath normally. Luckily, you arrived here on time. We managed to fix that problem. If the patient suddenly felt a pain on parts of his body, don't panic because it's normal. Giving him a pain killer would do. Here's some of his meds that he needed to take" The doctor said and handed them a small paper bag. Mrs. Min took it in her hands.

"How long will it take for him to heal his wounds?" Mr. Yizhuo asked.

"It'll take a week or two, his wounds are a bit deep. I can say that his wounds are caused by hitting his skin with leather that kind of burned his skin. It will leave scars but there's an ointment there, apply it on his skin so that his wounds won't leave any scar" The doctor added. The four of them nodded and thanked the doctor.

"Son, are you ready to go now?" Mrs. Min asked. Jake just looked at her and nodded. Mrs. Min looked at the doctor, lowkey asking what's happening to Jake.

"Just let him be, it's normal that he'll get quiet after what happened. Maybe after a few days, he'll gain his strength and energy and once he did, he'll get back to his usual self" The doctor said with a reassuring smile.

"Alright. We will go now, doc. Thank you so so much"

"No problem. Please don't forget the things I said because those will help him to heal more faster" The doctor reminded again.

Mrs. Min and Mrs. Yizhuo helped Jake to stand up and they all headed outside. They just used one car which is the Yizhuo's car.

"Let's go to the hotel where they're staying. And then after we drop Jake off, we'll get back to the mansion" Mr. Yizhuo said. Mr. Min is the one who's driving.

"Alright"

.

.

.

Engene is sitting on their bed, staring at the ceiling. He already freshened up and now, he's just waiting for Jake to arrive.

He prayed non-stop, begging God to keep Jake safe. And he's been crying non-stop as well. He'll just stare out of nowhere and suddenly, a tear would escape his eyes. His eyes are red and puffy from crying a lot but he didn't care. He knows crying won't solve it but it can help him to ease himself a bit atleast.

Meanwhile, Ningning is in the kitchen and making food because they didn't get to eat a proper dinner earlier. Her mom texted her and told her to make a soup for Jake as well.

Twenty minutes after, someone pressed the doorbell. Ningning lowered the heat of the stove and went to open the door. It's Jake with hers and Engene's parents.

Mr. Yizhuo guided Jake in the bedroom. Engene immediately stood up from the bed and helped Jake to sit down. When Mr. Yizhuo left the bedroom, Engene sat beside Jake.

"Are you okay, bub?" Engene asked with his softest voice. He knows it's a stupid question but he wants to know the answer from Jake.

"I– I'm okay, d-don't worry about me" Jake barely said, his hand reached for Engene's.

"Do you know how much I got scared earlier, huh? I should've come with you" Engene said. Yes, it's not time for scolding but he can't stop himself letting his feelings out.

"I'm sorry, Engene"

"No, no, no. Don't say sorry, I'm the one who should say that. I shouldn't have let you go alone, I should've come with you"

"E-Engene.."

"I'm sorry, bub" Engene said and leaned down to kiss Jake's forehead. Jake closed his eyes for a moment and opened it again to look at Engene.

"Look at this scratch on the side of your lips.. does it hurt, hon?"

"It doesn't. But my arms hurt, a lot"

"Do you want to drink a pain killer? It would help you"

"N-no.. but I want something"

"What is it?"

"Cuddles..."

"Bub, we can't cuddle right now. I'm afraid I might hurt you" Engene said. Jake pouted, earning a coo from Engene.

"How about kisses? Please?" Jake pleaded. Engene sighed as he nodded.

Engene leaned down, gently placing his lips on Jake's. It's just not a peck. It's an actual kiss. Engene is moving his lips gently and slowly, afraid to hurt Jake. Engene kissed him the most gently and softest way he can.

Jake wanted to hug Engene so bad but he can't move his arms fully. So he just held Engene's nape using his left hand while his right hand is placed on Engene's waist. 

A minute after, the kiss became deeper, and faster. Engene immediately pulled away and stared at Jake, admiring him.

"Let's stop this here. You have to eat"

"But I don't want to"

"Please, bub? Ningning made a soup for you, do you want her to feed you? She'll get upset if you won't eat the soup she made"

"No, I don't want someone to feed me. Unless.. it's you"

"Okay, okay. I'll feed you. Just wait here, I'll get the soup" Engene said. Jake nodded and watched Engene walked out of the bedroom.

After five minutes, Engene came back with a tray in his hand. There's a bowl full of soup, a glass of water and some meds in on the side of the tray.

Engene placed the tray on the side table and sat beside Jake again, facing him. He then held the bowl of soup in his hands and a spoon. He took one spoonful and blew it slightly since it's still hot.

"Here, let's make this quick. You need a rest" Engene said and put the spoon next to Jake's mouth. Jake opened his mouth and took a sip first before taking it all.

Engene just continued to feed Jake. Jake said he can't finish it all so Engene also took sips.

After they ate, Engene gave Jake the meds and the glass of water.

"Tell me if your body is hurting, okay?" Engene said. Jake hummed and nodded.

"You'll sleep with me, right?" Jake asked.

"Yes, if you want to"

"Of course, I do"

"Hmm. I'll just put this back on the kitchen, you can rest now" Engene said. He didn't wait for Jake's response and just went out.

"He ate it all?" Ningning asked when she saw the empty bowl.

"I also ate a little because he keeps on whining and telling me to eat"

"M'kay. You can sleep now too, I'll just wash the dishes"

"What? No. I'll do the dishes, you're the one who cooked so I should wash the dishes"

"No, it's okay. I can see how tired you are, come on, you deserve a rest too"

"Okay, fine" Engene sighed.

"Hmm. Good night, Engene"

"Good night, Ningning. Don't stay up late" Engene reminded and went back inside the room.

"Why are you still awake? I told you to sleep already" Engene said when he saw Jake sitting on the bed.

"I'm waiting for you"

"Okay. Just a minute, I'll brush my teeth"

After Engene brushed his teeth, he turned the lights off expect the lamp on the side table then he laid beside Jake.

As soon as Engene laid down, Jake immediately scooted closer. When Engene was about to protest, Jake spoke up.

"Please, just a cuddle"

"Jaeyun, you'll get hurt"

"I don't care, I want cuddles"

"You're such a baby.. don't blame me if you get hurt" Engene said, sighing as he took Jake in his arms.

Jake wrapped his arm around Engene's waist as he rested his head on the pillow, putting his face on Engene's neck. Engene usually do that to him but tonight, it's the other way around.

Engene felt Jake's lips on his neck. At first, he thought Jake accidentally did that but he kept on doing it over and over again. Placing light kisses on Engene's neck.

"Jaeyun, I told you to sleep already"

"Hmm. You should sleep now too"

"I'll wait for you to sleep first"

"Then I won't sleep"

"Jake–"

"You think I didn't noticed how tired you are, huh? Well, think again. I noticed how drained you are, how red and puffy your eyes are" Jake said, making Engene quiet.

"I told you already, I'm feeling okay. Please stop worrying about me and worry about yourself, baby"

"Jake, I can't avoid that.. I saw your situation earlier and it scared me to death, and that's why I look drained.."

"Baby, listen to me. I'm feeling okay right now, especially you're here with me. Don't worry, I'll tell you if something's wrong. But for now, I want you to rest" Jake said. Engene sighed and nodded.

"Good night, bub"

"Good night, my Engene"

<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.9K 554 17
a guy name heeseung was a very trouble kid and is famous in school with his friends sunghoon and jay . all that change when a new kid came to school...
2.5K 165 6
A2O [AAO] Against All Odds An AU where a person can start communicating with their soulmates through telepathy once they reach eighteen years old. An...
374K 14.5K 36
𝟭 𝗶𝗻𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗴𝗿𝗮𝗺 𝗻𝗼𝘁𝗶𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝘪𝘤𝘺𝘩𝘯𝘰𝘰𝘯 𝘴𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘳𝘦𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘵
11.3K 344 17
Jungwon rejected Jay, but what happens when a new student from Australia transfers schools? Will his opinion change? -Jaykewon