Billionaires Don't Fall in Lo...

By badbitchblues

When Athena and Tobias' family arranged for the two to get married, nothing but hell broke loose. They knew n... More

Billionaires Don't Fall in Love: Prolouge
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
TWENTY-EIGHT
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
THIRTY-TWO
THIRTY-THREE
THIRTY-FOUR
THIRTY-FIVE
THIRTY-SIX
THIRTY-SEVEN
THIRTY-EIGHT
THIRTY-NINE
FORTY
FORTY-ONE
FORTY-TWO
FORTY-THREE
FORTY-FOUR
FORTY-FIVE
FORTY-SIX
FORTY-SEVEN
FORTY-EIGHT
FORTY-NINE
FIFTY
FIFTY-ONE
FIFTY-TWO
FIFTY-THREE
FIFTY-FOUR
FIFTY-FIVE
FIFTY-SIX
FORTY-SEVEN
FORTY-EIGHT
FIFTY NINE
SIXTY
Billionaires Don't Fall in Love: Epilouge

TEN

8.9K 390 46
By badbitchblues

"These are perfect!" Mrs. Landon squealed while looking at the Christmas card invitation.

"Why did you send one to us?" Tobias questioned.

"As a souvenir. I sent one to myself to feel special."

"These are lovely, Mrs. Landon." I smiled while holding the card.

"Kiss up," Tobias mumbled. I nudged him in the stomach.

Apparently, every year, Tobias throws a mixer at his penthouse. Since we've recently gotten 'engaged', Mrs. Landon took this as a PR opportunity.

"Do you like how I decorated the tree, Athena?" Mrs. Landon questioned while walking towards it. "I wanted to do a modern look so I went with white and gold."

"You hired people to do that."

"I did, but I came up with the idea. Tobi stop trying to still my shine." She scoffed while flipping her blonde hair from her shoulder. "Athena, baby you look beautiful on these cards. Forget what your father says, you need to always wear your hair curly."

"Thank you, Mrs. Landon."

"Please, call me Beverly." She smiled. "Well, I have to get going. Don't forget, the cleaning service is coming tomorrow. Tell Kaleb to start preparing food tonight. Athena, my stylist should be dropping off your dress tonight."

She grabbed her purse.

"Au revoir!" She waved before walking out.

"I love her." I smiled.

"Of course you do. All she does is compliments you. Me on the other hand, it's always a correction." He shook his head.

"Tobi, sit up straight! Tobi put my purse on the couch." I mocked while following him around.

"You sound just like her."

"Kaleb! Make sure to ferment the cocoa beans for the chocolate. I want everything natural and organic." I mocked.

"Yes, Mrs. Land- Athena." He shook his head. "I thought you were her."

"What's shakin' bacon?" I questioned while grabbing an apple.

"Just setting out some ingredients and making sure I have all of the produce to cook tonight," Kaleb mumbled while writing something down on his list.

"Boring!"

"I know."

"I can't come to the mixer?" Lauren busted through the door. "The mixer you throw every year, I can't go because of her?"

"Lauren, I said we were going to talk about this." Tobias huffed.

"You're so wrapped up in this whole arrangement, you never look back and see how I feel! You tell me you love me but then do sneaky shit like not invite me to anything."

"Lauren. Let's talk about this outside." He huffed while grabbing her hand.

He walked the two out onto the balcony.

"Trouble in paradise." I winced. "Kaleb, do you have the guest list of all who is coming?"

"Yes, Luca will be there."

"How do you know about Luca?"

"I saw the takeout bag of sushi. Tobias only eats the sushi off of the third avenue. You also don't go anywhere unless I cook or Tobias brings it to you. Also, that was the same day that he was supposed to drop off the statement. I remember because you gave me a break. And, when Tobias left the statement, you were eager to bring it to him."

"You're too observant, what else do you know?"

"A lot of things." He winked. "Do you like Luca?"

"I don't know." I shrugged. "I have to decide if I like him or if I'm lusting over him."

"He is very attractive."

"I'm telling Mark!" I gasped.

"I say it all the time around him."

I chuckled.

"Just don't tell Tobias please."

"Lips sealed."

Kaleb grabbed the flute glass from the cabinet and poured the sparkling wine into the cup.

"Thank you." I smiled.

Lauren stormed from the balcony and out the front door. Tobias slowly walked in and closed the balcony door.

"Tobias-"

"I'm going to my office." He mumbled.

~

"One last thing." Mrs. Landon smile while walking over towards my dresser. She grabbed a black box from her bag and walked over.

She opened it to reveal a beautiful diamond necklace.

"Mrs. Landon! Wow, that's gorgeous." I smiled.

"I wore it at the first mixer me and Brooks hosted as newly engaged. It's only right if you do it too."

"Mrs. Landon, I can't. It doesn't feel right given the arrangement."

"Beverly and I insist." She took the necklace and clasped it around my neck. "Beautiful."

I admired the necklace in the mirror.

"I guess it's time for us to head down, dear." Mrs. Landon said.

I nodded. We walked out of my room and down to the foyer to join the mixer. I spotted my dad and walked over towards him.

"You said you couldn't make it." I smiled.

"I can't stay for long sweetheart. What the hell is he doing here?" My father questioned while closing his suit.

"Eros and Tobias are friends."

"That's just great." My father took a sip of his wine. He checked his watch and smiled. "I have to go, Athena."

"You can't stay for five more minutes? At least for the toast."

"I have important business to handle. I don't have time to mingle. Anders is outside waiting. Goodnight." He said before leaving.

"Great news," Valeria said while walking up to me. "I hired a marketing executive. She's worked with so many clothing companies and has a great resume."

"That's amazing!"

"Also I start interviewing for the social media team Monday. You should join."

"Of course. Can I talk to you about something?"

"Yeah."

"Tobias has been acting, I don't know, weird. Like when this arrangement first started, he was cold and distant and at one point he warmed up and we were cool. Now he's back to the beginning."

"He has his moods."

"Yeah I know, but this is different. Yesterday, Lauren came in a jealous rage, and afterward, he just stopped talking to me. He didn't eat breakfast and when he came for coffee, he just grabbed it and left."

"Do you want me to talk to him?"

"Nah. Maybe it'll pass." I shrugged. "He's talking to Eros right now, maybe I should join?"

"What's up with you and Eros anyways? Y'all seem distant."

"We never grew up together. Our first face-to-face interaction was at the dinner. He hates me though, I can understand why. My mom left them and had me."

"Do you want me to come? For support."

"No, you don't have to. Thank you though."

"Eros is really sweet, I promise. I mean he wouldn't hurt a fly, you guys just need to talk it out a little."

I nodded. I walked over towards the two and smiled.

"Eros, could we talk?"

"Why not." He sighed while walking out to the balcony. I followed after him. "What's up."

"I know we don't know each other, but we don't have to have this animosity between us because of mom." I started.

He remained quiet while staring off.

"I know it's weird, but if I'm getting married to Tobias, I feel like we should at least be cordial. Mom would have wanted us to have something. Where ever she is. We're her kids and she still loves us."

"Mom wanted us to have a relationship? She was miserable every day. She sent notes about how much she wanted to leave that prison. She didn't care about you. How could she care about a baby she was forced to have. She didn't love you and she would hate that I came anywhere near you."

Eros shook his head.

"Tobias is marrying a sad excuse of a woman. You and your dad are nothing but greedy humans who don't care for anyone. We aren't brother and sister and we'll never be. You're nothing and you're nothing to me."

He began to walk out but stopped himself.

"So this relationship you're trying to force, it won't happen. Tobias will see who you are."

He walked off the balcony leaving me in shock. My mind began to flood with so many questions.

Was it true? My mother seemed happy up until the point when she left. Did she really love me? Or was she envious of me?

Did my dad force her into an unwanted marriage? Did he force her to have me? Did my mom leave because she was unhappy or did she leave because she hated me?

Did my mom keep in contact with Eros and Anteros? Do they know her whereabouts? Was she here in New York City all along? What were the notes about that she was sending them?

"Athena." Tobias interrupted.

I let out a shaky breath before turning around.

"It's time for the toast." He said before walking back in.

I walked into the penthouse and stood next to Tobias. Servers came around with glasses of sparkling champagne. Tobias grabbed me by the waist and pulled me close.

"I'll go first." He smiled. "Thank you guys for gathering here to celebrate Christmas with us and supporting us."

Tobias paused waiting for me to speak next. I cleared my throat before looking around. Everyone's attention was on me. Eros stood in the back with his arms crossed.

I felt my body fill with rage.

"Athena." He muttered.

I couldn't speak. I was so angry. Tobias sighed.

"Merry Christmas." He said. Everyone replied with a 'merry Christmas'. "A toast for love and laughter."

"Cheers!" They yelled before sipping out of the glass.

Everyone returned to their normal conversations.

"What's wrong with you?" He questioned.

I stood, staring down Eros as he held a stupid smirk on his face. Was this funny to him?

"Athena."

Eros grabbed his coat from the rack and walked out of the door. Fuck h-

"Athena." Tobias shook me.

"Sorry. I need water." I walked off.

The mixer had come to an end. I hid in the kitchen for the rest of the night with Kaleb. He cheered me up from my funk.

I laid on the couch completely exhausted. I had enough energy to take a shower, but afterward, I couldn't move.

Tobias walked in. He had on his nightclothes.

"I'm sorry about tonight. I don't know what happened." I lied. Clearly, Eros' words had gotten to me, but I was ready to stop thinking about it.

Tobias didn't respond.

"Hello?" I questioned.

Tobias remained quiet. He grabbed his phone
from the coffee table before going upstairs to his room. What did I do to him?

There was a knock on the door and I stood up. I quickly swung it up, but all that stood was a bouquet of white roses.

I rolled my eyes before picking the notecard.

Greek Gods and Goddesses always had their battles, but in the end, they came together. Don't let anger tell you the truth, my love.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

249K 5.3K 72
Arranged marriage turned out to be all they could ever dream of and more: love, wildly burning passion that knows no bounds, beautiful children, drea...
609K 21.3K 51
For both the families, It was just a business deal. A partnership, that would ensure their 'Billionaire' titles. And to top it all off, they even agr...
220K 13.3K 38
"So, let me get this straight. You stomped all over his paperwork?" She started. "Not intentionally, but yes," I confirmed it. "Threw a drink in hi...
240K 14.5K 44
Adam is a billionaire, but he is also secretly a billionaire. Did I mention he's a billionaire? Also he's hiding a dark secret. And then there's Kie...