RWBY: Upholding the Mission

By AgentOChaos

"Well....This is new." "Pilot, I detect sarcasm." An SRS Pilot, Sergeant (Y/N) (L/N), and his Vanguard Class... More

The Pilot and his Titan
Prologue: World Folding in on Itself
Chapter One: One Helluvah First Impression
Chapter Two: Back to School Sale
Chapter Three: Schools In
Chapter Four: Team Counseling
Chapter 5: Ass-kicking of the Century
Chapter Six: Rising Up in Forever Fall
Chapter Seven: Growing a Pair
*Filler: Different Caliber, Same Use
Chapter Eight: Headache
Volume Finale: World Unfolding
Volume Epilogue: Understanding
Volume Two Ch. One: Unfair Advantage
Volume Two Ch. Two: Scheming Up
*Filler: Two Sides, Same Coin
Volume Two Ch. Three: Not So Keikaku
Volume Two Ch. Four: Up in Flames
#Filler: One Spicy Boi
Volume Two Ch. Five: Distress Vs Destress
Volume Two Ch. Six: What I'm Worth
Volume Two Ch. Seven: Night to Remember
*Filler: Comfort in the Cold
Volume Two Ch. Eight: In the Shadow
Volume Two Ch. Nine: Let the Hunt Begin
Vol. Two Ch. Ten: Holed Up
Vol. Two Ch. Eleven: Right in Their Faces
Vol. Two Finale: Frontier Defense
*Filler: Right Fit
*Filler: Lunch Break
Vol. Three Ch. One: Let the Fight, Begin!
Vol. Three Ch. Two: Lover's Quarrel
Vol. Three Ch. Three: Blessings
Vol. Three Ch. Four: Congratulations, Love
Vol. Three Ch. Five: Who I Truly Am
*Filler: Breaking the Ice
Vol. Three Ch. Six: Scorched Earth
Vol. Three Ch. Seven: A Courier's Hopes
Vol. Three Ch. Nine: Remnants
Vol. Three Finale: Echoes of the Past
Vol. Three Epilogue: Rude Awakening

Vol. Three Ch. Eight: Rendezvous

1.2K 36 17
By AgentOChaos

~Third Person~

"Warning: Safety Barriers Failing."

The Pilot would see Ruby was unresponsive to everything as he growled out trying to think of what to do. Everything was now out. His secrets, Cinder even threw the IMC under the bus and they were sitting right next to her. Cinder was the one now pulling a Scorched Earth.

"Ruby, please!"

Shaking her shoulders as he sat in front of her, panicking people who were once watching a fight were now fleeing for their life. The reason was that same Giant Nevermore that would continue to peck and jump on the containment field before flying above to circle the stadium yet, it was actually winding up an attack. Seeing this, the Pilot growled out as he heard Jaune call out to Pyrrha in a tone that mirrored his own towards Ruby. Then he saw something that made him ponder for a moment before shooting his gauntlet forward before a grappling shot out. Grabbing onto what he saw, the line began to be reel it in yet, he yanked his arm when it was at a good enough distance. Catching the hilt of a weapon, it was shown go be one Penny's swords.

Looking at it for a moment, he frowned until he gained a determined growl as he then grasped Ruby's hand. Placing it within her grasp as she then awoke from her thousand yard stare to see the blade in her hand and her heavily injured friend. A friend who would give her a smirk that was more determined than anything.

"Ruby...no matter if you lose me, Pyrrha...Penny, whoever! We will be with you. I need you to stay strong right now because I know you are. You're the first person I laid my eyes on in this world when I got here. And since then? You've proven yourself fo be strong. So, please, take this and wield in Penny's honor."

Ruby's cute little smile would return as a tear ran down her already tear stained face yet, she wiped away to stand up. However, that Giant Nevermore suddenly dive bombed into the shield and shattered it completely as a gust of wind from the impact it had caused them to yelp out.

Meanwhile, Pyrrha was shot backwards with a heavy roll, as was Jaune who was trying to reach her. Landing on her rear, she covered her face with the Giant Avian Grimm screeched out at Pyrrha. Who was still shocked from, well everything, as it soon charged forward yet, it was met with a flurry of roses that had a small streak of (F/C) intertwined with it. Now against the Nevermore, Ruby was seen with her feet planted against it as she soon gave the blade stuck in it a deeper push before jumping backwards. Landing next to Pyrrha as the Nevermore stumbled after being impaled only to have a roaring Pilot slam himself into its head with a heavy kicked that dropped it to the stage's floor. Rolling on the ground, the Pilot would stand onto his feet opposite of Ruby as he held his Data-Knife in one hand and his Wingman in the other. His helmet was currently off and stuck to his side

"Ruby...? (Y-Y/N)!?"

"Leave her alone!"

"There's a saying where I come from, this is the fight I was born for!"

(Y/N)'s determination alongside Killer Instinct was shining through with a malicious cock of his Wingman's hammer as Ruby whipped Penny's blade in front of her. She wore a large scowl that was both angered yet, determined just like her "brother from another mother." Seeing this, the Nevermore would screech out as it took to flying above the three with the Pilot taking potshots whilst Ruby stood at yhe ready. Soon enough, the Nevermore would turn around to begin coming at them low and fast yet, mid-flight? The Nevermore suddenly began to be pelted by locker-pods landing on its body as it was forced to land with a harsh skid. Landing a mere couple meters away from the trio as it let out a defeated screech. Falling unconscious soon after from all the pain it just endured in a single moment.

~First Person~

I...what...just-? Before I could even ask my question, I got my answer in the form of the owner's of those weapon lockers grabbing them after the doors unlocked. Showing literally EVERYONE of our friends since I've arrived at Beacon. Jaune, Nora, Ren, all of Team SSSN, CFVY, Team ABRN surprisingly, even fucking Flynt and Neon...!

"Is...this an Avengers' Assemble moment...?"

I said plainly and still in shock before they all got shaken up as the Nevermore began to awaken with a screech as everybody minus Ren and Nora hung onto its feathers. As if that wasn't Avengers enough, an ass-kicking that put the one I gave to Cardin to shame as Ren leapt high above with a twirl and yell. Slamming one of Stormflower's blades in the Nevermore's eyes, I flinched as I covered up my eye. Arslan would use the Demonic Big Bird's head as a way to swing up and under it after hooking its head with her rope-dart. Swinging in, she picked up Yatsuhashi by the waist to bring him up into the air as Sage, from Team SSSN, built up a leap before shooting high into the air. Nora now running along the bird's back, gained a nice little momentum as she slid along its face before hopping off with a twirl with Magnhild in her hands. Bringing it straight down into its beak, the Hell-Bird was forced to lay on its stomach as Arslan released Yatsuhashi. Sage and Yatsu soon roared out together as they gave the Nevermore the "French Aristocrat Experience" for free. Its head landing in front of Ruby and I.

"Well...guess chicken is on the menu."

Ruby would give me a small roll of the eyes before giving my chest a small punch that made me yelp out as I gripped onto it. I could feel my skin open slightly again as well as that warm feeling that made Ruby worried but, I gave her a small thumbs up with one eye shut to soldier the pain. However, Ruby and I soon looked to Pyrrha as she held a piece of fabric from Penny's clothing that made my heart wretch. Tears in her eyes and lightly falling down her face...

"R-Ruby...I'm so sorry..."

"Me too...But it wasn't your fault..."

"She's right...Whoever was on that microphone... they're the ones that did this. And we have to make sure they don't take anyone else."

Jaune walked past us as him and I shared a small smile towards one another I could feel him say "welcome back" without saying it. He held Milo and Akouo, Pyrrha's Javelin and Shield in that order. Handing them Pyrrha after she stood up, they shared a determined squint as I spoke up...

"Cinder...Her name is Cinder. She's the one behind everything...Behind what I did to Weiss...Believe me when I say her and I got a score to settle. But, until I meet her again? I'll do everything I can-"

Suddenly, static ran put in my helmet as I cocked an eyebrow before grabbing my helmet to adjust it. Playing around with the Comms Unit's knobs to isolate the signal before-

"PILOT, CAN YOU HEAR ME?"

"Athena? What's up-?"

"I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO HIJACK AND RELAY TO YOU. IT IS STABLE YET, I CAN NOT TRULY SOEND TOO MUCH TIME-ENGAGING HOSTILE TITANS."

Right after, I heard her chaingun unload as there was also separate gunfire that made me realize it was about three other Titans. From the sounds of the weaponry? A Tone, a Legion and an Ion. This made me freak out with a growl as I turned to the others to see they were listening too. It made me...uncomfortable yet, right now is not the time for "Who's an Alien?"

"Athena! Respond!"

"IMC GRUNT AND PILOT UNITS ACCOMPANIED BY THEIR TITANS ARE ENGAGING ALL BIOLOGICAL AND NONBIOLOGICAL TARGETS. THEY ARE DROPPING IN."

Dropping in...? Looking up at the sky, I would see flashes in the sky above as trails of burner jets fired away. Leaving a heavy trail of smoke yet, no ship's were in that skyline...Their orbital! Fuck!

"Understood, I'll be down there! Just hang on!"

"AFFIRMATIVE, GRAPPLING HOSTILE TITAN."

I then heard the sound of metal crunching heavy as a yell broadcasted over my helmet. Followed by a more than meaty squish as I cringed a bit as I saw everyone's face sort of pale.

"HOSTILE TITAN AND PILOT ELIMINATED. MOVING ONTO THE REMAINING TWO TARGETS. PILOT, I ALSO DETECT APPROXIMATELY FIFTEEN OTHER TITAN SIGNATURES AROUND CAMPUS. BE CAREFUL."

She soon disconnected from the line as I sheepishly chuckled towards the sweat-drop expressions on the face of everybody. Luckily, some Griffons cut off the awkward moment when they perched above the stadium's rim. Swooping down, they began to circle us as everyone brought up their weapons as we waited for the right moment to attack.

"Griffons..."

"Anybody got a plan of attack!?"

"Just waiting for the right moment..."

"Sun! I need your scroll!"

I soon pid witness to the coolest thing possible when Sun grabbed his scroll with his tail and flicked it towards Ruby. Who caught it in one hand as she whipped around to press the button on screen. Soon after, her lock landed not to far away as it hissed open to reveal Crescent Rose. Tossing Sun's scroll at me, I caught it and tosses it over my shoulder before Sun's let out a thanks. Still got it~!

However, as Ruby went for her weapon, a Griffon swooped down and landed on her locker before roaring out. It was going to attack as I sprinted forward to intercept it yet, it was knocked off course when a projectile hit its side. Causing it to falter midair as it tried to fly away. Tried. Shooting grappling hook at it, I was able to grab its leg as it tried to fly off yet, I got in a nice tug-of-war with it before roaring out and whipping the cable towards me. Watching heading my way, I drop-kicked if midair yet, also had my Wingman ready so, the moment my iron sights lined up with its red eye? I pilled the trigger as I saw a splatter behind its skull as it let out a screech.

Landing on my feet, I looked towards the source of the initial shot to see Port and the muzzle of Blowhard with a wisp of smoke leaving it. Not to mention, Oobleck holding his flask that doubled as a club.

"Students, I think it would be best for you to leave..."

"But we did a-"

"Miss Rose! This day will surely go down in Remnant's history. I'd prefer it if my students could live to tell about it."

Oobleck would cut off Ruby as she went to go object to us leaving and, with all due respect, I wasn't about to leave them so easily. Especially knowing how encounters like this usually end...As Ruby grabbed Crescent Rose and directed everyone to leave, I ran up to the two professors as their eyes widened upon seeing me. Yep. Still look like hammered shit.

"I'm not about to just leave you two here alone. I'll stay and fight with you-!"

Port put Blowhard to stand up by the rim of its muzzle on the ground when he suddenly latched forward. Grabbing my shoulders firmly yet, gently so he wouldn't hurt me as he gave me a squint of his eyebrows. One that soon faded to give me a smile.

"My boy...When I found out you were not of this world, I had no time to truly look into it. Yet, upon having the time to do so after you left me with Athena? I found out, I had nothing to think about it in the first place!"

Port soon gave me a hearty laugh as I found myself chuckling.

"For you see, your actions had spoken more words than the simple fact of you being alien to this world did. Your actions told me your heart is in the right place. And your heart? Will continue to beat after the sun rises. I know it will. So, go on, my boy. Fight to protect your home."

Ignoring all the pain I felt, I shot forward and gave Port a huge hug as I felt him jump yet, he returned the hug soon after. Pulling away, I began to jog after Ruby who waited for me with a smile. Yet, I soon stopped with a skid to meet Port's gaze one last time for tonight.

"Thanks you...Gramps. You taught me a lot..."

It wasn't a diss. This man, my teacher, really did feel like the Grandpa I've always wanted. And now? I had to say goodbye as I turned to run with Ruby again but, I could swear I saw a tear leave his eye.

"He'll survive. I know he will."

"It's not him I'm worried about..."

With that little cryptic line? I saw Ruby falter for a bit before running right back next to me with a small scowl.

"Promise?"

"...I promise."

I would give Ruby a smile that seemed to have worked yet, deep down? It was fake. I don't know what the results of tonight will look like when that burning ball of gas rises back up. I just wanted to leave Ruby's mind in a good place.

~Third Person~

As the students traversed the tunnels of the Colosseum, they would meet Grimm that somehow managed to get in. However, they dealt with them via simple run n' gun tactics. At one moment, a Creep tried to tackle the Pilot as he ran but, he would pill the pin off a grenade as he hopped into the air. Throwing the grenade underneath himself as the Creep passed right under him before he kicked it away to a corner. Right after? A small explosion rang out from within the Creep to turn it into a nice black cloud of ash.

Now they grew closer and closer to the docks of the Colosseum as they heard gunfire with the sight of people standing near the edges of the platforms. The reason was revealed yet, only the final moments as they saw General Ironwood catch the slash of a Beowolf with his right hand before shooting its leg. Sweeping it off balance, he suddenly swung the Grimm over his back with the head against his shoulder as he turned his magnum against its skull. A single pull of the trigger caused its blood to splatter backwards as it let loose due to it being dead. Letting go, he watched it ashen as the students arrived.

Giving  the Pilot a questioning look as the Pilot rolled his eyes before waving his hand as if to say "another time." He received a simple nod in response as Ruby spoke out.

"What's going on!?"

"Grimm are crawling all over the city. The White Fang's invaded Beacon, the IMC has begun an all out assault with no target in particular and to make matters worse, some... vagabond-"

"Asshole. Fuckface. Literally any term is good for whatever prick is up in the sky controlling it."

"-has seized one of my ships! Until we regain command, the skies are out of our control. So I'm-"

With a verbal alternative selection from the young Pilot and the very rude interruption of a Creep, one that was quickly shot out the air by Ironwood, the General would turn to leave on an Atlesian ship waiting nearby. In the cargo/transport cabin, a set of Atlesian Knights could be seen waiting to be turned on. However, a question from Jaune made him pause.

"What should we do...?"

"You have two choices. Defend your Kingdom and your school... or save yourselves."

The students all looked to one another with minor confusion as if the idea of leaving was an option. One that was solidified by Ironwood after noticing the visible unease after a comment from the Pilot.

"Are we going to be shot in the back if we try running? Like, Russian battlefield officer style?"

"What-!? No! You won't be shot in the back! If anything, nobody will fault you if you leave. Now, let's move out!"

Climbing onto the ship seen behind him, he would fly off after at the back-hatch closed up. Leaving the students and Pilot to murmur to one another for a bit.

"Yeah we're definitely getting shot if we desert the battlefield."

"I mean, come on!"

"We can take a ship down to Beacon!"

Soon after, they all made a bee-line for one of the many docking ships that were on duty to evacuate still stranded civilians, students and staff from the Colosseum. However, mid-run, the Pilot suddenly stumbled as Jaune was right behind him to catch him. Grabbing him via looping his arms under his armpits, the Pilot hissed out as he felt the pain of his body trying to stop him. Jaune would give a worried look that the Pilot simply grinned at as he held a thumbs up. Returning the thumbs up, Jaune helped him onto his feet as the Pilot began running again. This time though? The Pilot discreetly gave himself a minor boost of STIM as he felt his energy return. Underneath his armor? He could feel the wounds of everything he went through since he was abducted begin to ease.

~First Person~

We were now in the airbus heading towards Beacon as an awkward silence filled the air whilst I stood in the far back. I felt...like shit for one and I didn't want anybody to see it but, I also felt...distanced from everybody. I would catch them giving me small glances when we heard a noise outside the ship. Turning to the windows? We saw Ironwood's ship smoking with a flame leaving smoke in its path as it plummeted out the air...

That's when I saw Ruby begin to run after Sun yelled out to her. The big brother within me would give chase as I saw she was making a bee-line for the back-hatch. So, I quickly shot my gauntlet out along with a hook that passed her as I used it as a lasso to bind her. Making her yelp out as I stopped next to her with a scowl.

"The hell do you think you're doing!?"

"With General Ironwood...gone, someone has to stop that ship!"

"And do you think you can handle it alone!?"

"Yes!"

Glaring at Ruby, she glared back at me yet, it was a glare that I had seen before...

Me and Little Red were running a little exercise in Camp that the higher ups wanted to occur. One that would act as a means of punishment since they knew that Little Red and I were close. A closeness they wanted to put to the test with regular IMC Pilots shoot at us as we were behind a stone cover. Stone that slowly began to be chipped away as the continuous fire, well, continued! And at this point? It was becoming real fucking annoying.

That's when I saw a look on Little Red's face...

"Oh no. Oh no, you don't!"

"It's that or one of us dies! You know better than I do that this won't end unless they drop...or I do. That's what their aiming for."

She would give me a glare that made me question myself and my morals...Sucking my teeth, I roared out as I held my R-101 tightly after running out of cover. Unloading the magazine on our suppressors, they would slide into cover as I took one taps for each cover they were at. Trying to continue suppressing them, I saw Little Red slide on up and between two cement cones as she was looking to her left with a Wingman in hand.

She fired a round as I heard a yell but, with her back to a Pilot staring right at her? I soon saw a rifle barrel be held up as I flicked my R-101's full-auto back on. Roaring out, I unloaded the rest of the fifteen bullets on the counter where the barrel was peeking from. I would hear a yell that was followed by the pop of a helmet, a thud soon after and a loud buzzer. That's when I heard Little Red's hiss of a voice as I dropped my rifle and ran up to her.

"Red!"

Turning the corner's, I saw her pained face and grit teeth as she held her shoulders that had clear blood seeping out of a gunshot wound. Seeing she was okay though, (Y/N) let out a sigh of relief before growling.

"See? Told you I could handle it..."

Now back to Beacon? I saw Ruby's face and let out a sigh before hugging her as tight as I could despite the raging pain. Something she didn't expect since she hugged back soon after.

"I trust you...Little Red. Now go out there. And give 'em hell!"
I don't think she expecting me to give her a the "Barnacle Geese Duckling" experience as she yelped due to me just tossing her out the back-door. She would flail a bit but, soon get Crescent Rose and use its recoil to fly up to the platform we just left. Jaune and Pyrrha would run over to see if everything was okay. Seeing no Ruby, they're eyes widened as I chuckled with a shrug.

"Guess she CAN fly after all."

This made them gain sweat-drop expressions and small chuckles before I saw Jaune blink away that sheepishness. I knew what was going to happen next...

"Are you...really-?"

"Yes. I am..."

"Why didn't you tell us!?"

"Because it's not easy to say, 'hey, bestfriend and the rest of the world! I'm from another...universe? Planet?' Even I don't know! And I've been here since initiation!"

I understood Jaune's feeling of betrayal and, it was probably a feeling felt by most of everyone. Although, my point was definitely something that made him think a bit deeply as did Pyrrha. Given how Jaune had calmed down, I took the moment to reach out and place my hand on his shoulder as I smiled.

"Just cus' I'm from a different world, doesn't mean I was on some ulterior motive to infiltrate Beacon. I'm just trying to live life now."

"Yeah...Just one more thing though...What the heck happened to your finger!?"

Jaune yelled out as Pyrrha just noticed too since she would gasp out with a hand over her mouth. Chuckling softly, I shrugged as I held out my now fucked up beyond all repair hand.

"Eh. You wouldn't believe me."

Walking up towards the ACTUAL exit of the ship and not the one Ruby took, I was met with everybody giving me stares. Flicking my helmet in my hands, I soon put it on before pressing the visor release on the side. The visor's would pieces moved upwards as the chin segment went downwards. Now everyone stood in front of me as I was soon met with Coco approaching me with a small glare. Yet, that soon turned into a smile as she moved her new shades down.

"So, Space Cowboy, General Ironwood only gave us a suggestion what to do. Given how you're the only one with an actual military background, what do you suggest?"

Thinking for a moment as the airbus began to descend, I pulled out my Wingman and pushed the cylinder out to the side. Checking it to see it was empty, I flicked out the empty cylinder before sliding a new one in. Hell, I saw Velvet take a picture of me as I chuckled in response to her giving me an innocent little smile.

"Alright. The IMC look a lot like Atlas boys minus sleeveless shirts. So, if they're Atlas? Try to avoid them unless they open fire on somebody who isn't a Grimm. Be careful if you do engage them, though. They're highly trained and have old world lead and brass. Learned that from Port, hah! When you're not engaging them or fighting Grimm? Try to get as many people as possible to evacuate. While you guys do that? I'll be fighting IMC Titans so, I'll worry about the giant murder bots."

As the airbus landed, everyone would ready their weapons as I flicked my visor back to its appropriate position. As the door opened up, I was met with three Atlesian Knights opening fire on Grimm as I took the first step out. A step they heard as they turned around yet, their visors and LEDs were full on red. Something that made me think back to Cinder's message she had broadcasted. So, the moment they raised their weapons towards us, I extended my arm out as the grappling hook shot out. Grappling onto one of their guns, I would yank it out their hands as I caught the rifle before popping the other two in the head. For the other one, he would rush forward yet, I dropped the rifle and grappled its arm as it would with my own. Diving forward, it would flip over my shoulders and land with a heavy crash against the ground as my knees were on its chest. Putting my Wingman against its dome, I pulled the trigger as its head exploded outwards with a nice electric spark.

Turning to the others, I let out a very annoyed sigh since, yet again, Ironwood's ego coupled with his "preparation" led to another problem. Cinder accessed his entire Atlesian Knight fleet...

"Well...just assume everything is hostile..."

As if I had just jinxed myself, I suddenly gained the feeling of somebody shoving an icicle up my ass, odd analogy but very accurate. Diving back towards the others in time as an IMC Legion Titan landed right in front us as we all collectively let out a yell after being forced to the ground. Shaking my head, I sucked my teeth as I was met with a Predator Cannon speeding up as it's barrel turned a hot red. I could dodge this with my Phase Module but, everybody else?

"Including me, Pilot."

"Oh come on! How did you even hear me!?"

Just as the Cannon was about to unleash, I saw a sight that made me groan out given how many times she had saved my life second's away from it being ended. Athena. A very angry Titan given how she would smash the Legion backwards with a shoulder check before bringing her fists up together. Before she did anything, I heard an all too familiar high-pitched screech before she brought her fists down on the front of the hatch. An explosion ringing out as she completely demolished the chassis with a Flame Core. Turning to me, she would open her hatch as I chuckled.

"Never stop being you, Athena."

"AFFIRMATIVE, PILOT. MISSION UPDATE: OMC FORCES ARE STILL TOUCHING DOWN. SEVERAL STUDENTS ARE TRAPPED WITH THE ACADEMY'S DORMITORY."

Hopping onto her lowered hatch, I simply reached into the cockpit's weapon rack as I pulled out my Charge-Rifle as well as my R-6P Softball. Looping my Charge-Rifle onto my back, I would check the Softball to make sure it was fully loaded as I grabbed a magazine pouch.

"Well, sounds about right for a Remnant Fleet so, let's put this chapter to an end."

Smacking the Softball tubing cylinder back into place, I gave it a good spin.
—————————————————————

Three Chapters left for the Volume including the epilogue.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

224K 3.2K 42
((Revision/Overhaul Coming Soon))) Plague Doctor X RWBY You were once a fairly average young-ish man. You enjoyed a plethora of "fun" activities such...
72.1K 1.6K 30
Pain... Pain to his eyes as he watched !#%¤!#!"#¤ get dragged away. He wanted to scream, save her from her being tortured from the people, but... it...
1K 53 12
"After all this time... you still have the nerve to think I'd bend to your will!? Such arrogance... such foolishness!" "I'd be spitting on my ancesto...
23.3K 493 8
(THE REMAKE).....Depicted as a assassin of death, a harbinger of things to come. But they call me y/n, a former student of beacon academy. Wanting to...