RWBY: Upholding the Mission

By AgentOChaos

"Well....This is new." "Pilot, I detect sarcasm." An SRS Pilot, Sergeant (Y/N) (L/N), and his Vanguard Class... More

The Pilot and his Titan
Prologue: World Folding in on Itself
Chapter One: One Helluvah First Impression
Chapter Two: Back to School Sale
Chapter Three: Schools In
Chapter Four: Team Counseling
Chapter 5: Ass-kicking of the Century
Chapter Six: Rising Up in Forever Fall
Chapter Seven: Growing a Pair
*Filler: Different Caliber, Same Use
Chapter Eight: Headache
Volume Finale: World Unfolding
Volume Epilogue: Understanding
Volume Two Ch. One: Unfair Advantage
Volume Two Ch. Two: Scheming Up
*Filler: Two Sides, Same Coin
Volume Two Ch. Three: Not So Keikaku
Volume Two Ch. Four: Up in Flames
#Filler: One Spicy Boi
Volume Two Ch. Five: Distress Vs Destress
Volume Two Ch. Six: What I'm Worth
Volume Two Ch. Seven: Night to Remember
*Filler: Comfort in the Cold
Volume Two Ch. Eight: In the Shadow
Volume Two Ch. Nine: Let the Hunt Begin
Vol. Two Ch. Ten: Holed Up
Vol. Two Ch. Eleven: Right in Their Faces
Vol. Two Finale: Frontier Defense
*Filler: Right Fit
*Filler: Lunch Break
Vol. Three Ch. One: Let the Fight, Begin!
Vol. Three Ch. Two: Lover's Quarrel
Vol. Three Ch. Three: Blessings
Vol. Three Ch. Four: Congratulations, Love
Vol. Three Ch. Five: Who I Truly Am
*Filler: Breaking the Ice
Vol. Three Ch. Six: Scorched Earth
Vol. Three Ch. Eight: Rendezvous
Vol. Three Ch. Nine: Remnants
Vol. Three Finale: Echoes of the Past
Vol. Three Epilogue: Rude Awakening

Vol. Three Ch. Seven: A Courier's Hopes

1K 43 11
By AgentOChaos

~First Person~

Come on. COME ON!

"Athena, can you please go faster!?"

"SORRY, PILOT. BUT EVEN WITH MY BOOSTED THRUSTERS, I CAN NOT INCREASE MY PACE."

Fuck! Sucking my teeth with a small growl, I still had thoughts racing through my mind. Why did Haytham basically help me escape? Why did he just hand me over to Athena? More importantly, why did he spare me? He had more than enough time to kill me when he aimed at me with that P2016. Still, right now? I was more focused on trying to get to Amity Colosseum in time. Looking down at Athena...?

~Third Person~

The young ex-IMC and ex-Apex Predators Pilot has been on the run for over two weeks. For two weeks, he had been hunted down by rival mercenary groups, IMC and what was basically vengeance fueled people hoping to catch him slip. The previous two were no issue since he would simply drop them with a small fight and there. However, the latter? He found himself holding back because he didn't want to kill these, what were to him, innocent people. Yes they had hate and killer intent but, at the bottom line? They were grieving.

Something he was doing since he now had no life. In the IMC? At least he could help children stay alive in the program. In the Apex Predators? He was using those skills to make a living. But now? He was no better than before when he initially escaped. He knew not where to go or who to turn to. All he knew now was to survive...

However, right now? He was going to take a one way ticket to an outer colony that would hopefully give him meaning. Yet, that was easier said than done since he had to ditch everything minus Athena's Data-Core, his A.D.A.P.T Gauntlet and helmet. Things he hid in a large crate that he marked with a piece of cloth on a nail sticking out of the box. Currently, he wore a set of black pants, an equally black bomber jacket with a hoodie, and a pair of grey boots. Admittedly, being in clothing of this type was...foreign yet, required.

He was waiting in line to board the ship that would hopefully take him to a new and better life where he could live in peace. However, as his turn was coming up after two more people, he would hear a commotion as he turned around to see two men offloading that same crate from the ship's cargo bay area. A piece of white flailing in the small drafts of wind.

"Is this it?"

"Yep. Undocumented. Check whatever is inside. Salvage what you can, throw the scraps to the forgery."

"Alright."

Hearing this, his heart would sink as the line moved up. One person ahead of him now as he watched the box begin to grow further. He began to contemplate a lot within that one moment as he thought about it all. If he stays in this line...he can escape everything. Just him and him alone. He could make his life whatever he wanted it to be. But...if he goes after that crate? He would be putting all that to waste yet, keep Athena and his Pilot background.

"Hey, kid? Ticket."

Looking at the man who asked for his ticket, he would contemplate yet again as he held it out...

"Keep the ticket. Give it to somebody who wants to get on but can't."

"Oi, kid! Oi!"

Whipping around, he began to chase after the crate as it grew further and further away due to being put on a grav-lift. Going at full speed, he could still feel the grav-lift's tracks giving off static electricity to show it wasn't slowing down any time soon. Yet, he soon saw an opening to get on the box. One he gladly took.

Running up a set of stairs running along a building, he would leap onto a door that was wide open and kick off it. Grappling a nearby ledge of a roof, he yanked himself up while kicking his legs up to get on top faster. Standing up, he slid down a tiled roof via laying against his left side with his hand being a sort of steering mechanism. Right then and there, he saw the crate heading towards a warehouse as he growled out. Leaping from the roof he was on, he swung his limbs whilst heading towards a building opposite to the one he was on.

Grabbing that ledge with a single hand, his legs dangled as he grit his teeth but, he wasn't going to stop. Yanking himself up, it was flat ground and a nice little jumping ledge at the end. Bursting into a sprint, he caught up with the box down below as he steeled himself as he took the leap of faith. Landing on the crate, he actually went through the top cleanly as he landed on his back. Making his hiss out as grabbed his back yet, he looked around to spot his stuff. Grabbing up Athena, he examined her core as it illuminated the semi-dark box with a nice bright teal hue. Running his thumb over it, he would let out a sigh of relief until a sudden light came into the box as it entered a warehouse with bright light.

Sucking his teeth, he quickly geared up, which took no longer than twenty seconds before the box came to a stop. When it did, he immediately activated his Cloak Module as he watched his hands disappear. Climbing out the box, he looked around to see similar in appearance boxes all around. However, the biggest shock came when he heard now. Causing him to quickly slip away behind some other crates as he could hear several intertwining heavy footsteps.

"Coast clear...?"

"Aye...Alright. Let's hurry and empty it-Has a hole at the top..."

"What!?"

Cursing to himself, he only cursed again when he his Cloak Module turned off as he was now visible. The men speaking were whispering, which put him on edge as he peaked slowly out from a corner to see a V-47 Flatline being held by a Pilot, judging by the jump-kit, who wore a civilian clothing. Slipping back into cover right away, the Pilot must have heard him since the footsteps stopped. He had to think quick without using anything like his jump-kit nor gauntlet. Looking around, he would see a rat crawling nearby as it seemed to not notice him so, he let it slip on by before giving its rear a tap with his boot.

It would squeak out as it was obviously taken aback by his sudden appearance as it ran off forward. He then heard the male yelp out as he then heard safeties being flicked off as he panted heavily.

"Sorry...rat...Christ."

(Y/N) let out a nice silent exhale of relief so minor that he didn't even feel the air leave his lips yet, it was enough that a Pilot rounded the corner and kicked him right through the crate he hid behind. Causing him to roll into the center of the warehouse as he yelled out. In the impact and roll, Athena's core was sent rolling outwards as a booted foot stepped on it to stop its rolling. Something that a dazed (Y/N) recognized as he growled yet, he was in no position to do anything. The reason being he had rifle's pointed at him by five different men all dressed in civilian attire minus a jump-kit...

"Shit...IMC. His helmet!"

Pointing at me, I reached up and undid my helmet as the men were a bit panicky up until I showed my full face as they lowered their guns slightly. Murmuring about me being a kid till one of them them brought their rifle up.

"The bloody hell does it matter if he's a kid or not!? He's an IMC Pilot!"

"Ex...I don't fuck with them anymore. Now give me back my Titan..."

Pointing at the core, the Pilots would look between one another before a new voice and face appeared. This was very clearly a Militia Pilot given away by her attire and clear patch on her arm. She had a mohawk that was enrolled in a red bandana.The sight of this woman made the men perk up yet, also take steps back.

"Commander...he's an IMC Pilot-"

"Ex...IMC...and Apex Predator-"

"Bloody hell!"

Now this made them bring their rifles up as the woman shook her as she walked over to the Pilot with his foot on Athena's Data-Core. Lightly shoving him back, she leaned down and picked up the core as she approached the young boy.

"Ex...right?"

"Yeah...Just...give me my Titan back...I'll leave you all alone..."

"True...But once a Pilot, always a Pilot. How do you feel about giving the IMC a piece of their own medicine?"

She said this with a grin that wasn't mischievous as much as it was her wanting to give this obviously lost child another option. One that definitely fell quite pleasantly on the young Pilot's ears as he watched her hold out both her hand and Athena's Data-Core. Looking at her hands, he would slowly reached out and grasp both as she let go of Athena's Data-Core as she shook his hand firmly.

"Commander Sarah Briggs. Militia SRS Marauder Corps."

"...(Y/N)...(L/N). But my first name is good enough..."

~First Person~

"Alright, it's now time to begin the randomization process for our next fight!"

"It looks like our first contender is... Penny Polendina, from Atlas! And her opponent will be... Pyrrha Nikos, from Beacon!"

"Motherfucker! It's rigged! Athena! Hurry, please!"

"I AM TRYING, PILOT."

Amity Colosseum was still a small length away from where I was with Athena as I tried to think of everything. Every single second riding Athena is another second I could spend stopping these assholes.

"Fuck it! Athena? Patch me in with Ozpin! Or Ruby, even! She's fast enough!"

"AFFIRMATIVE. CONTACTING MISS RUBY ROSE-ERROR. PILOT, MY OS SYSTEM CAN NOT SEND OUT COMMUNICATIONS. I BELIEVE THERE IS A BUG IN MY SOFTWARE."

...Cinder..Clenching my fist, I looked up at Amity Colosseum bright lights giving way to a nicely little circle yet, that was a trick of the lights. In reality? That light was being cast by the platforms for Bullheads and other ships to dock as I gained an idea. Sliding down onto Athena's hand, she seemed confused at first as she came to a stop yet, soon brought her arm up towards in front of her as she cocked me back.

"CALCULATING...GIVE THEM HELL, PILOT."

Her other hand formed into a thumbs up as she turned to me as I gave her a smile and thumbs up of my own. Throwing me forward at breakneck speeds, I could feel the strain on my body due to, well, everything. Emotionally, physically, hungrily...But I'll solve all that when I drop dead or when I...when I save today. I won't fail. I can't.

As the platform's came more into focus, I twisted my body so I could brake midair and land on my feet as my jump-kit activated its burners. Thus, love that word, making my landing pretty nicely as I skid my feet on the platform before ultimately tumbling a bit. Whipping my head to begin running, I was met with several students from all academies including Beacon as one of them turned around. Spotting me, they cocked an eyebrow before pointing.

"Hey, look! It's (Y/N)!"

Going deadpanned and unimpressed at the face, I activated my Cloak Module in time to watch another student turn to be met with nothing. Causing them too growl before whacking the snitch over the head as they yelped out. This must have been enough since they turned as I now began to run towards the sub-level tunnels...like when Cinder made Weiss think...

Shaking my head, I growled as I inadvertently just got fueled by rage yet, again as my adrenaline kicked in, yet again! Fueling me to push myself forward as I ran through the tunnels and slid down stairs to end up at the utility-maintenance-entrance tunnel. Weird combination of things but, that was the architects choice in design. Still, I hurried on down the steps and yanked the door open to be met with Ruby high-tailing it down the corridor as Mercury followed not to-

"Oh no, you fuckin' don't! Get your arse over here, boet!"

Shootin' my arm forward after yellin' in my South African accent I gained from Papa Blisk, my grapplin' hook shot out towards Mercury. Grapplin' his shoulder, I yanked him backwards as he yelled out before tryin' to kick at me. But I wasn't goin' to let that repeat. Dodgin' my head to the right, that boot blast went right by my head as I met him half way with an elbow to the face. Hard enough that he slammed into the ground beneath us with his limbs stuck outwards.

"I...(Y/N)!? Where have you been-!?"

I heard Ruby yell out to me before she suddenly gasped out. She probably just realized my...not too good current state from my suit being covered in my blood, and probably some of those IMC scrubs, as well as my dirty probably thin physique...Oh! And the fact I was missing a finger made Ruby wide eyed and in horror as I waved at her with a two finger salute...from my bad hand. I should probably stop showing that...

"Heya, Red. No time to explain. Go! Now!"

Ruby would look at me a bit hesitantly before giving me a cute little smile that said all the words she needed me to hear. "Thanks for coming back." And thanks for holding out, Red. Now! Back to Sir Kicksalot. Who I promptly picked up and palmed in the chest as he flew backwards with a skid as he coughed out when he suddenly reached behind himself and tossed something at me that I didn't expect. A small little yellow grenade that sent out a physical burst of energy I felt before noticing my helmet visor was off...EMP...Fair enough.

Now I heard Mercury begin to laugh as I yanked my helmet off with the manual releases. Watching him stand onto his feet, he simply chuckled as he spat blood off to the side. Wiping his lip as he got into a stance.

"Not so tough with that little device anymore, huh? Now let's see how long you can last-!"

Mercury cut himself off by kicking backwards to shoot off a round that shot him towards me yet, I simply ducked under his "around the world" dive kick. Watching him fly over me and land behind me, I quickly kicked my own foot out from underneath myself as I the kicked him in the back towards a wall. Spinning around while doing a handstand, I leapt forward right past him as I fixed my position midair so my feet touched the wall. Now having him where I wanted him as I flew right at him, I twirled and kicked him to the other wall opposite to us. Making him crash with a small cry as the air in his lungs probably got evicted from their homes.

"Pretty fucking well, apparently. Round two, asshole. Let's go!"

Dashing forward to not let that asshole rest up, I caught him mid recover as he was still dazed from the initial impact. Grappling onto his left shoulder with my left hand, I would swing myself up as a my feet made their way UP the wall before letting myself fall right back down. This time, he would dodge a knee to the face as he tried to fire point blank into my stomach but, I wasn't about to let him one tap me after all I had done. Kicking his boot away, it still fired as I felt some pellets scathe my leg as I grit my teeth with a yell.

Something he mistook for an opportunity to attack as I threw a forward punch which was easy to dodge. He would just throw fury filled punches that I kept dodging or blocking because he knew I was keeping close to him so he would not attack with his boots. And that's when I saw my opening in the form of a wall beside him.

Deflecting the hit to the side, I leapt in to grapple onto the wall and kicked off it as hard as I could. I gave my body a full on twist as my feet pressed against a pipe above. Kicking off that, I twirled yet again as I sent an axe kick down at him as hard as I could. One he blocked by crossing my arms. That's what I hoped for. With a grin? I let my foot slide past him as I hooked my leg around his arms as I rolled forward.

Slamming him into the ground after practically tossing him over and around me, I let go so he could bounce. A bounce I grabbed onto before decking him in the stomach, face and chest. As he stumbled back, I grabbed his arm and swept his feet out from underneath him. With a roar, I whipped my body around as I raised my leg high up into the air to deliver that killing blow I desperately wanted to do since I met him day one.

However, I heard an ear-piercing hum as Mercury soon vanished with as I delivered the kick onto solid ground. Causing it crack as I whipped my head to look after him...Emerald. Growling out, I heard a door open nearby as I went to give chase yet, I heard nothing minus those footsteps...What just happened topside...?...Ruby...

I had a choice. Chase and pursue...or Ruby...sucking my teeth, I began to run down the tunnel she went through as I picked my helmet off the ground. Clipping it onto my belt as I dashed forward with a normal speed I hadn't felt since that Legion on Typhon opened up on me. Spotting a metal push door, I practically kicked it open as I grit my teeth thanks to the scathe. Tumbling a bit? I looked to my side to see...Ruby...on her knees and, I couldn't see it but knew, she was crying. Looking forward, my eyes went wide in horror as I saw Penny laying in the center of the stage with her torso and arm at the shoulder, cut cleanly off. She wore...a straight emotionless face...Nearby? Was Pyrrha. She had done this. I know she didn't but, her mind is definitely telling her she did...

The crowd began to murmur in shock, terror and confusion since they just found out, everybody did live on TV! Penny...! Is no real girl...However, the ride wasn't done yet as static and beeping rang out from each and every monitor as I even felt my scroll vibrate so, I pulled it out. On screen was a black Queen chess piece with an all crimson red background. If that ain't the colors for Grimm?

"This...is not a tragedy."

"Cinder..."

Clenching my fists...Haytham was right. Regardless, I was too late...

"This was not an accident. This is what happens when you hand over your trust, your safety, your children, to men who claim to be our guardians. But are, in reality, nothing more than men. Our Academies's Headmasters wield more power than most armies, and one was audacious enough to control both."

Is...she trying to pull a holier than thou speech...?

"They cling to this power in the name of peace, and yet, what do we have here? One nation's attempt at a synthetic army, mercilessly torn apart by another's star pupil. What need would Atlas have for a soldier disguised as an innocent little girl? I don't think the Grimm can tell the difference."

And now she's passing Penny off as a...WMD...I think I may be next.

"And while the Great General is brought up, what about these sightings and attacks of giant robots? Paladins, perhaps?At first glance you may think Atlas with Paladins of such a high standard. But I can assure you...it is far worse since they are not of Remnant. Silly, I know but, is it so far fetched? Mechanical beings that could level an entire city? An army of men waiting to do whatever it takes to win? Even if it includes taking those you cherish to fight a war they intend FULLY on winning."

Now, it was showing overall footage of the IMC with Titans, Pilots, Grunts, all of it! But it got worse...Now, a video showed IMC Grunts gathering faunus onto dropships with some the weaker ones being pulled aside. Taken off screen before gunfire is heard. Next came a sort of fucked up training montage of faunus being turned into Pilots...I chose right in letting those faunus Pilots live...I think...All of these clips were done in secret. So I know for a fact she just ratted out the entire IMC and even disassociated from them.

"And what, I ask you, is Ozpin teaching his students? First a dismemberment, now this? Huntsmen and Huntresses should carry themselves with honor and mercy, yet I have witnessed neither. However...it doesn't end there. It involves fighting fire with fire. For he saw it fit to, not only take in an ex-member of this mysterious group of soldiers but, to employ his services in combating them. Even giving them...a home."

What came up next shocked me even more since, she intended on all of us falling. What came up next was footage of Athena and I taking on Titan's rolled on by. Each and every Pilot and Titan we've dropped? It was all being recorded. In one moment, it even showed footage of my rampage running through that IMC Forward Base earlier. Dropping them without remorse and without hesitation.

"Perhaps Ozpin felt as though defeating Atlas in the Tournament would help people forget his colossal failure to protect Vale when the Grimm invaded its streets. Or perhaps this was his message to the tyrannical dictator that has occupied an unsuspecting kingdom with armed forces. Honestly, I haven't the slightest clue as to who is right and who is wrong. But I know the existence of peace is fragile, and the leaders of our kingdoms conduct their business with iron gloves."

I knew IronDick bringing those huge ships was going to be an issue...Typical dirtbag General behavior...

"As someone who hails from Mistral, I can assure you the situation there is... equally undesirable. Our Kingdoms are on the brink of war, yet we, the citizens, are left in the dark. So I ask you: When the first shots are fired... who do you think you can trust?"

Right after, it faded all to static as I couldn't hold my anger anymore as I tossed my scroll down at the ground in front of me. Shattering completely as I went over to Ruby and crouched down to place a hand on her shoulder. She didn't even react...

"Alert. Incoming Grimm attack. Threat level: Nine. Please seek shelter in a calm and orderly manner."

That did the opposite, Warning announcement. People began to flee in a panic as a siren accompanied it all. That same siren from the Breach too!

"Ladies and gentlemen, please! There is no need for panic!"

Not now, Ironskull! And look at that! He even jinxed it! Now on top of the stadium, a Giant Nevermore roared out as it began to attack the shielding system. Making me cringe with a growl, I tried to shake Ruby out of her daze.

"Ruby, come on! Snap out of it!"

...I failed...I was...always destined too...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 26 12
My name is... well I forgot. Most people call me Tex because we put on a show and I volunteered to be a cowboy know as Tex. I am a Hunter who Woke up...
97.5K 1.1K 27
no discription
23.2K 490 8
(THE REMAKE).....Depicted as a assassin of death, a harbinger of things to come. But they call me y/n, a former student of beacon academy. Wanting to...
22.9K 763 35
A pilot with a dark past finally dies . Or does he ? Finding himself in a different dimension hes torn between past and present . But will his cold p...