With Love, Zayn✅

By Ferdeausee_

Copyright 2021© All Rights Reserved. ・ Book Two in the Letters Series・ Zayn's entire life revolved around hi... More

Author's Note
Prologue.
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
With Love, Zayn

13.

688 195 29
By Ferdeausee_

Did i ever mention how much i love Batoulah? If not then i do, a lot!

DUSTE,

JIGAWA STATE,

NIGERIA.

Salma Hamoudi glared at her sister; not bothering to hold back the scoff. "Do you hear yourself?" She scoffed again when Batoulah did not reply, and instead, waited for her to answer her question. "If this is why you're here, leave. You know the way out"

"So you did do something wrong" Batoulah stated. If Salma knew she has nothing to hide, then she would straight up answer her. It has always been like that. Salma has never been one to beat around the bush.

"Watch what you say Batoulah" Salma warned, her voice lower than when she spoke earlier. If there's one thing Salma knew about Batoulah is her stubbornness, she and her other sister both are stubborn. "I don't want to talk about that"

"Do you know he passed out while waiting for you?" Somehow, Batoulah felt it's useless to try and corner Salma using the guilty conscious, but there's no harm in trying.

Salma shrugged, lips puckered slightly. "So? That's on him not me"

"Why won't you just talk to him? Whatever he needs from you must be serious for him to have waited for that long"

For the next couple of seconds, Salma said nothing. She simply stared at her sister with a calculating and scrutinizing gaze. As if something clicked in her, she finally spoke. "Tell me dear sister..." She started, intertwining her fingers, "...why are you so worried about him?" She rose a brow.

Batoulah stared at her in disbelief before she scoffed. "Are you serious right now?" She was being rhetorical.

But of course, Salma answered her. "Dead serious"

"That shouldn't even be a question" Batoulah muttered, and Salm almost didn't get her. But she did.

Salma then hummed. "I guess you really do care"

"Of course I do" Batoulah answered. "I'm worried about anyone who gets involved with you. I know first-hand just how vile you can be"

That irked Salma, as her calm façade dropped and her eyes narrowed. "How dare you say that?"

"What?" Batoulah asked softly. Honestly, she doesn't have the strength to keep arguing with her elder sister like that. "Does it hurt to know how vile you can be?"

"Remember who you're talking to" Salma warned through gritted teeth.

"Are you going to hurt me Salma? Go ahead, I don't think there's much left" Batoulah didn't even blink as she spoke, nor did she look away but rather maintained eye contact.

Salma breathed out deeply, then shook her head. "You should watch your words dearest sister. You have another being to worry about"

"And so do you" Batoulah threw back. She then took in a deep breath, realizing there's no point in bickering with the woman. "He clearly won't leave until you speak to him. So I suggest the earlier you do that, the earlier you'll get your peace back" She didn't wait for a response as she turned around and walked out.

Salma's shoulder slumped once the girl was out. She slumped on the chair, eyes flickering close as she took calming breaths in and out. She then gulped, sitting up and pushing her chair forward a little.

Picking up her bag, she shrugged off her doctor's coat and placed it on the hanger. Without wasting a second, she picked up her bag and headed out, locking the door shut on the way out. She wasn't done with her shift, and she would probably get in trouble for leaving so early but she would make something up.

Besides, her husband has some connections in the hospital, he would find a way to pull some strings for her. So, she's not that worried about that.

She hastily walked out, ignoring the greeting from various nurses and patients on the way. She has a good relationship with them all to the extent that some referred to her as the nicest doctor in the hospital. She has always been the one to have good relation with others; except Kulsum whom she had harbored hatred towards due to her jealousy.

Shaking the thoughts of Kulsum out of her head, she headed to the parking lot and got into her car. Keeping the bag aside, the shut the door and revved the car to life. And soon enough, she was on the road making her way home.

It didn't take long for her to reach there; considering Duste isn't a crowded place. Sure enough it is beautiful, and peaceful. That's one of the reason she had no problem coping in the state when she married her husband. She liked the peace and serenity that came with living in the state.

Her gateman was quick to open the gate for her the minute he realized that she's the one. Once in the parking lot, she parked the car and stepped out picking up her bag hastily before she made her way into the empty house. Her husband is at work and her daughter at school, so there's no one in the house.

For some reason though, since she stepped foot in the house, she kept feeling unease eating her up. She knew something was wrong. Perhaps she is being paranoid after meeting her sister and Zayn. And maybe, knowing they're both after her is making her queasy but there's something else.

She can feel it.

Reaching her hand out, she flickered on the light switch and soon enough, the room lit up. She pushed her feet forward, and made her way over to her bedroom. On the way, she realized that everything is intact.

There was nothing out of place.

That is supposed to calm her but no, it only made chills run up her spine. And certainly not the good type. It's been so long since she had felt that way.

She stopped in her tracks. She could tell she was starting to hyperventilate as she could hear the sound of her heart beating, and her palms were becoming all sweaty. She took in a deep breath, then pushed herself to her room.

Her hand gripped the handle tightly for a couple of seconds before she twisted it. Then made her way inside.

However, the minute she stepped foot in the room her legs gave out on her, and she found herself crashing on the floor with eyes widened. She gulped with a great deal, her eyes moving round the room that has been trashed completely.

For as far as her eyes can, everything has been trashed.

She tried to move back, but she mistakenly pressed her hand on something that had a searing pain shooting through her hand. She brought the hand up, realizing she had placed her hand on a piece of her broken glass and now has a nasty gnash on her hand.

She held it close, and pressed on it. She then pushed herself up on her shaky legs and made her way further into the room. With each step she took, and her shoe stepping on something broken, it made her shook with fear.

Eventually, she made her way over to the closet which had also been rummaged through. She pushed the clothes left, in an attempt find the box she had hidden underneath the pile of clothes in a corner.

She found it without much effort and hastily opened it, getting the blood from her wound on it but that was the least of her worries. The box has a key, but by the looks of it, someone broke the lock. She pulled it open, and to her greatest fear what is inside is missing.

She dropped the box, her breathing heavy as her shoulder slumped. She didn't know what to feel at the moment but fear, it was definitely there. This time around she didn't fight it when her feet gave out on her. She fell on the cold floor again, her breathing loud.

Her gaze moved to the empty box, and if possible, she heard her heart thud louder than before. She could feel the ringing at the back of her head, which made her eyes blurry with the building anxiety.

She didn't know how long she stayed there, but soon enough, she heard the distant sound of her phone ringing from where she dropped her bag. She ignored it, not having the strength to do anything. She was barely able to comprehend anything going on and a phone call is the least of her worries.

But the phone call did not stop, it continued to the point that it annoyed her. She hissed slightly and stood up; making her way to the bag while avoiding the broken glasses as much as she can.

She found the bag lying on the floor where she fell earlier. She then pulled the phone out with the intention of smashing it so it could stop ringing and annoying her. But, the caller ID made those thoughts disappear into thin air.

It is the Head Mistress of the school her daughter is in.

She quickly swiped the answer button, then brought it to her ear. "Hello?"

"Mrs. Salma Hamoudi, Ma'am?"

"Yes" Salma cleared her throat, realizing how sore it felt. "This is her"

"I'm really sorry Ma'am"

Her brows drew in, "What? What's going on? Why are you apologizing" She knew bad news would follow afterwards, buts he was not ready for what she was told.

"It's your daughter. She's gone missing"

The phone dropped from her hand. Her shoulder slumped as the onslaught of tears streamed down her face. She let out a small cry, dropping on her knees. Her head felt heavy, her heart hurts. Nothing felt right.

Her only daughter...missing?

"Well, this is as fun as I anticipated it to be"

She jumped, a scream escaping her parted lips as she turned around, scooting as far as she can when the sudden voice in the room came. She didn't realize someone is in the room with her, all this while, watching her up close.

If she thought her heart was beating erratically earlier then it's on marathon now. She felt light headed from the fear as her gaze landed on the person that sat calmly on a chair by the corner, hidden in the dark.

Her body shook with fear, her eyes wide and tears cascading down like waterfalls. She reached her hand out to call her husband, but a tutting from the person stopped her.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you" The person warned, a trace of laughter in the person's tone as he held up something in his hand. The very same thing Salma had been hiding for years and what she just realized is missing.

Kulsum's phone.

"You wouldn't want this in the wrong hands or something happening to your precious daughter, right?" The person threatened, making her drop her phone immediately.

"No" She shook her head, crying. "Please, tell me, what do you want?"

The person chuckled. "Now we're talking" The person stood up, stepping into the light.

Salma's widened more than earlier is possible as she stared at the person in disbelief. She staggered back, "You" She muttered; disbelief still coating her words. Her brain was finding it hard to comprehend the situation.

Just...how?

She was too engrossed and engulfed in fear that she didn't realize the voice was oddly familiar.

The person smirked. "Yes, me. The person behind it all and you'll listen to everything I say henceforth if you know what's good for you"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

87.3K 21.2K 55
Copyright©2021. All Rights Reserved. "You don't realize how much you want something until you dream of it every night" ...
10.3K 510 21
Let's once again indulge in the world of Serilda for one last time. Let the pain be there Let the hope come Let the love flourish Let the truth come...
68.9K 12.2K 65
"Brother Jide!"Kike said swallowing,she look at his chest and look away immediately. They are not supposed to be in this position "Kike look at me!"J...
69.2K 11.3K 74
~BOOK 3 IN THE DESIRES SERIES~ STARTED. ON 20-JANUARY-2021 FINISHED. ON 15-OCTOBER-2021 #1 in mothers. On. 7-08-2021 #1 in introvert...