Prince with Benefits

By gabycabezut

**Unedited, messy & with lots of mistakes. But you will still swoon if you give it a chance lol (but you've b... More

Prince with benefits
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-Two Part Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-Six (part one)
Chapter Twenty-Six (part two)
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-one
Chapter Thirty-two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six Part One
Chapter Thirty-Six part two
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Epilogue
A Prince's Point of View
Getting Hitched
Expecting the Unexpected...
Bonus Chapter - Brought to you by H&M
New books + Audiobook teaser!
New Story Alert! Of Darkness & Light

Chapter Twenty-Two Part One

1.7M 38.5K 3.7K
By gabycabezut

I shifted in bed for the twentieth time in the last twenty minutes.

Tomorrow would have been the big day...

Stop it. Emily.

Groaning, I grabbed the phone to realize that it was 5:30 am. I sighed and resigned myself to stand up and take a long shower, in the hopes that it would make me relax a little bit.

It didn't.

Actually, it made it worse.

My brain wouldn't stop fussing about all the things that had happened over the last months.

First, there was the shock of Sam and Sonya. My blood boiled every time I thought about it. What made me angrier is to see how stupid I had been...I mean, really, there had to be some signs, right?

Sam had always been the flirtatious type. I just thought that he wouldn't act on it. But again, I was either being naïve or stupid, I hadn't decided on which.

And Sonya, the girl had only one friend. Me. That should have given me a clue.

The thing is that I was in love with this amazing, humorous and confident guy...but he wasn't. That's how I pictured him in my mind. The reality was far from it.

What would have happened if the wedding had gone through?

Would I ever found out?

The thought, things happen for a reason, popped in my mind.

After the last few weeks, that was beginning to be my life mantra. Things were so different now, for starters, I had changed country, and even though it may seem to be like I was running away, well, it started that way, it had changed my life for the best.

Living in London was proving to be great for me. I had Mom as my nosy next door neighbor, which was ok for me, a bubbly great friend as a roommate, a new job at a rising real Estate company, who seemed to be a great challenge, and...a really handsome and out of the ordinary...special friend.

As I walked down the stairs with my still damp hair, towards the kitchen, a wide smile played on my lips.

Scott.

Special friend? A giggle made it's way out of my mouth. Now, that was understatement. Although we hadn't been able to see each other again, due to his different activities and me trying to get a job, we had been texting through all day long over the last few days.

I started to prepare coffee absentmindedly, as I thought about him.

He was awesome.

Awesome was an understatement.

Not only was he incredibly handsome, Scott was really funny and outgoing with me. I shook my head smiling as I remembered all the klutzy things he, somehow, made me do. His dark chocolate eyes could probably hypnotize me to the point I would probably smack into the same wall more than once.

There were no sparks between us. There were freaking fireworks!

That frightened me.

I knew Sam for over a year before actually dating him and look how that turned out...and Scott...I only knew him for less than a week before we kissed...and all that tingly things and butterflies and klutziness were new for me. I mean, yes, I've felt them before, but never like this...

What if he was only playing with me?

Or that I was utterly wrong about him just as I had been with Sam?

That very thought scared me to death...because whatever I felt for Scott was growing...and growing fast...

"Ugh" I groaned out loud as I plopped myself on one of the kitchen stools in front of the coffee machine.

I am in deep shit.

No doubt about it.

Suddenly, the house phone rang. Wondering who would call at this time, I answered the phone as just one name popped into my head, "Hi Hugh..." my voice was somewhat strained.

Mom's signature giggle erupted, "Hi sweetie, where you expecting a call?"

I checked the clock on my phone. It was 6:00 am. Sheesh...could this day go any slower?

"Not really, Mom. Hugh is the only one that takes pleasure in annoying me at this time." As the words left my mouth my eyes widened, "I mean, not that you are being annoying, because you never are, I mean, you know, mothers can be somewhat annoying sometimes, but not right now..." I slapped my forehead. Great speech, Emily. "ugh...I'm just gonna shut up, now..."

"All right?" her voice was sweet enough to let me know that she hadn't taken anything I said by heart. Thank goodness...

"Yeah, everything's great." I even plastered a fake smile on my face. Even though she couldn't see me.

"Well, I heard some noise..." see? Noisy neighbor! I smiled at the thought, "and I wanted to make you breakfast to celebrate your first day of work! I even bought a coffee machine and it's brewing as we speak. Want to come over?"

I looked at the untouched mug of coffee in my hands and spilled it on the sink, "I'll be there in a minute." I grabbed my grey coat and a red scarf and walked out the door with a small smile on my face.

After I got to her house, she poured me some coffee and watched me expectantly as I had to drink it. 

"Did you like the coffee?" Mom asked proudly.

I looked down panicky at the pretty much full steamy mug. Could I be honest? It was THE worst coffee ever. Mom was never good at the kitchen, but even though her French toast was a little more brown as usual, well more like black coal...I was really touched at the fact that she had tried.

"It's great Mom" I tried not to grimace as I gulped the whole thing before I could spit it out.

"Great!" she beamed. "You want more?" the glass jar was right in front of me.

"NO!" I cleared my throat, "I mean, no thank you...I should really get going. I don't want to be late on my first day."

Today I started to work on a small enterprise that was in charge of decorating celebrity's houses. My boss, Lady Isobel, yes, I was supposed to acknowledge her title, which to me was completely ridiculous, was a stunning red head who happened to be bored and decided to start this company. Luckily, Hugh had recommended me for the job and she was delighted to have me. I suspect it had something to do with my father's last name. I didn't like that, but I needed the job, so I planned to work there while I kept looking for another employment.

"Ok" she said rather hesitantly. "Sweetie, I need to tell you something."

Oh no. Now what?

"Your father called me yesterday" Her green eyes blinked at me, waiting for any kind of reaction.

"And?" I fought the urge to roll my eyes.

"He's getting a divorce. Anna and her daughter" Mom narrowed her eyes, "have left for good."

"Well, good for him" I said flatly as I placed the now empty mug on the sink.

"Be nice to him...he really cares for you and he's stressing about it. He told me he's coming to London next week and is hopeful to have a chance to talk to you."

This time I did rolled my eyes, "Mom, I really have to go. I'll talk to you later, ok?"

Mom sighed as she leaned on her country style kitchen's counter, "Ok, I guess..."

Walking towards her, I smiled, "thanks for the breakfast, it was...special."

Mom's green eyes lightened up as she laughed, "Next time, I'll treat you out, ok? Just promise to think about it."

I raised an eyebrow amused, "well it depends on where you are treating me out!" The last thing I saw before I closed the door was Mom as she shook her head smiling.

Four hours later, I was waiting in line at The Espresso Room, a coffee shop that Byron, my coworker had recommended to me. Starving, since breakfast had been hideous, I started to count all the heads before my turn. Suddenly, my IPhone's tone interrupted the sum. Without really paying attention to the screen, I answered the call.

"Hi beautiful" Butterflies erupted in my stomach.

"Hey" My cheeks flushed as my smile widened.

"Are you at work?"

"No, I'm at the Espresso Room on lunch break. But I've been waiting in line for the last twenty minutes, so I'm not sure I'll actually get to eat anything."

Scott chuckled, "it is usually full at lunch time."

"Mmmhh" I huffed.

"So, are you free for dinner?"

If I were alone, I would be doing a ridiculous happy dance, "not anymore."

"Great. I'll pick you at five." I frowned at the time.

"Why so early?"

"Because our restaurant is not nearby" I could picture that devious sexy smile that buckled my knees.

"I have to go, Em" he whispered, "I'm at a meeting but I really wanted to talk to you."

My stomach clenched, "Ok, I'll see you later, then."

"You sure will."

Great.

Now the day is going to feel too long.

At least until we get to 5:00pm.

Hey everyone!

I actually wanted to write the date in this chapter...so I might add it tomorrow...but I wanted to give you SOMETHING since you have been patiently waiting for my update.

Last week, I wrote almost four pages in word (like one in here) and today I decided to change the whole thing because I wasn't sure of it. So yeah, I might be going through a writer's block...ughhh...

Uhmmm...some of you have asked me where are the benefits?? well...this is PG-13 so be warned that I'm not planning to get into detail when...you know...things happen...so you've been warned about that. :)

Anyway...I wanted to thank you for all your votes and comments...you truly are the best!

And be nice! I will add more tomorrow!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 65.1K 42
Mia Tyler has received the opportunity of a lifetime: to sing for thousands at The Royal Opera House. For a working girl from Queens, London has alwa...
45.3K 1K 58
Ella Diana Porter, 21 years old young woman who's born in England but her parents moved to France, is soon going back in England to one of the most p...
5.4K 79 12
Once upon a time... a not so ordinary Prince crashes into a ordinary college girl in the streets of NYC and something is born. They will go through...
2.5K 401 12
SEQUEL TO ROYALLY BUMPED || After a whirlwind of a year, Mila Abbott is finally enjoying her life as a princess and mother. As wife to the new first...