FAMILY

By NectaretAmbrosia

Every year on Charlotte's birthday, her mother takes a picture of her to send to her father that she's never... More

INTRODUCTION
CHARACTERS
01| Birthday and Pictures
02| New School
03| You Don't Fuck With A Cassano
04| Piano Competition
05| The Truth Came To Light
06| Day One In Casa De Cassano
07| New Life
08| Abduction
09| Breakdown
10| I Need Cookies
11| Halloween
12| Ronan
13| Thanksgiving
14| Thanksgiving pt. 2
15| Trouble
16| A Sprained Hand
17| Christmas Party
18| Christmas party pt. 2
19| Christmas Day Horror
20| Little One
21| Healing
22| Italy
23| Diana
24| Checkmate
25| Pregnant
26| Birthday Party
27| Pickpocket
28| Arranged?
29| Engagement Party
30| Arabella Bianchi
31| Drugs
32| Lovestruck Elena
33| Wedding
34| Two New Housemates
35| A Fucked Up Christmas
36| A New Capo Of Nevada
37| Dream Entertainment
39| A Wedding Of A Don
40| Father
41| On Our Way To Happiness
42| Twenty-One
43| Sphinx
44| Date
45| Don't Date Him
46| Love
47| Reclaiming My Body
48| The End Of The Euphoria
49| A lovestory in Las Vegas
50| A Deal With The Devil
51| Down
52| London
53| Papa
54| Topolino And Topolina
55| Change Has To Come
56| Home Isn't Home Anymore
57| Charlotte
58| CEO
59| Stronger Bonds
60|Elio

38| Fabio

9.4K 373 29
By NectaretAmbrosia

I was officially an aunt.

Fabio Luca Cassano was born on August the 18th. He was a big baby, weighing over eight pounds. Mom told me that all my brothers had been around that weight. I felt bad for Ariana who looked absolutely exhausted after being in labour for twelve hours.

Giving birth hurts like a bitch and scared me.

I want children but the whole pregnancy thing made me uncertain.

But then I saw the pure happiness in Ariana's eyes as she held her son. She was crying and couldn't let go of him. I was curious to know what that felt like. There was no connection like the connection between mother and child.

"He's so cute. I'm going to spoil you so much!" Amelia grinned next to me as we watched Fabio in his crib.

He was awake now and moving around. He was only a few days old and already moving around wildly. Something told me that he'll be a wild child. But we had a full house that was ready to take care of him.

Ten people against a newborn baby.

What could go wrong?

"I'm going to be your favourite auntie!" I softly caressed his cute belly.

Amelia scoffed next to me but it was the truth. Fabio would soon see that I'm the coolest. Theo chuckled and carefully raised his son from his crib.

"Who wants to hold him first?" He smiled at us.

We did Rock Paper Scissors to decide. Amelia won and I made a note to never do this again. She always wins.

Fabio was moving around in her grip and it scared her. So after only a few seconds, she handed him to me. I quickly collected all my courage and carefully held my nephew. He was already heavy but my heart filled with so much love when he grinned up at me.

His big green eyes gazed up at me with curiosity. I smiled brightly and winked at him. Why are babies so cute? It made me want to have one.

"He likes you, tesoro." Theo chuckled.

I was already his favourite auntie.

But he soon got hungry and whiny. I handed him over to Ariana who would breastfeed him. I saw all my other brothers hurry out of the room with an awkward look on their face.

"Idiots." Dahlia laughed.

She sat on the sofa with a bag of chips. I haven't seen her greet Fabio yet but she did hug Ariana.

"Oh, you're hungry, aren't you my little baby." Ariana smiled at Fabio who was happily drinking.

Dahlia got up from her seat and walked over. She threw her arm around my shoulder but kept her eyes on Fabio.

"You love him a lot, don't you?" She asked Ariana.

Ariana looked up with a soft smile. I've never seen her happier than now.

"I'd die for him. It's instant love."

Dahlia frowned at that, as if she couldn't understand it.

"I've known him for nine months. He was slowly growing and I was dying to finally meet him. Now I get to hold him and there is no better feeling in this world. You'll understand me when you have children." Ariana explained.

I nodded. I think that I understand parental love but I feel like it would make more sense when I'm a parent.

"I don't think that I'd be a good mother." Dahlia suddenly confessed.

"You'd be the coolest mom ever." Amelia argued.

That was true. Dahlia was laid back and cool.

"I'm going to go bother Hector." She suddenly muttered.

She tried to come off as her usual self but something was off. I could tell that this was a hard subject for her. I didn't know much about her past besides the fact that she was estranged from her family. Maybe she didn't have a good mother figure in her life and feared that she'll make the same mistakes?

I did know that she'll be a great mom. She was caring and protective of the ones she loved.

////////////

Nicolas finally came home. I ran towards the foyer to greet him but Leonardo beat me to it. He pulled his twin in for a tight embrace and didn't let go for a hot minute. Nicolas didn't push him away but accepted the hug.

Hopefully they'll make up again.

I'd expected that Nicolas would look different but I didn't expect this. His long, luscious hair was cut off. He had a buzz cut. I don't like buzz cuts! But I had to admit that it suited his muscular and tall body. The features on his face have gotten sharper.

He looked mature. He was a man now.

His brown eyes met mine and a soft smile appeared on his face. He patted Leonardo's back and pulled away. They shared a look before turning to me. I took a closer look at Nicolas to check for any injuries.

He had new scars on his arms from fighting but other than that he looked healthy. I even noticed that he grew a few inches, he was now probably Silas' height.

"Elena." He called my name.

I bolted towards him and jumped in his arms. I remembered how soft he used to feel but now he was all muscle. It didn't matter. He was still my brother and I love him regardless of his physique.

My hands went up to his head. His short hair tickled against my head but I inspected it carefully.

"You don't like my new cut?" He asked.

"No! You look great. It's just very different." I muttered.

"It's too short for you to braid." He chuckled.

Old memories came back. Nicolas sitting before me on the floor while I sat on the coach. We would watch a movie while I braided his king hair. He'd even feed me while I was braiding. It was one of my most fondest memories with him.

"I missed you." I confessed and buried my head against his neck.

"I missed you too, kid." He patted my back.

I didn't want to let go of him. I don't know why I'm so clingy and needy for physical affection. I've always been like that, even with Diana. Nicolas wasn't as cuddly as he used to be but he didn't push me off.

He carried me inside the living room where our family had gathered. We were expecting him. He came to visit because of Fabio.

"Is this monkey bothering you?" Silas mocked.

"I don't mind." Nicolas shrugged.

Silas was one big asshole because he pulled me away from Nicolas. It was so he could greet the others but I was upset. Silas forced me to sit down next to him and cuddled me close to his side.

"You're a baby, Elena. Such a little baby." He smirked.

"And you're an asshole." I snapped.

"Language." He snapped back.

I rolled my eyes but he tightened his grip on me. I had no choice but to sit down next to him. Silas was awfully annoying but also the most fun to cuddle with.

"Congratulations." Nicolas hugged Theo.

Theo smiled brightly and showed him Fabio who was sleeping against Ariana's chest. He was always sleeps during the day but keeps us up during the night. Luckily my room was the farthest removed from Theo and Ariana's room.

Leonardo wasn't so lucky.

He's been sleeping in my room ever since they came home from the hospital. I don't mind it but he wasn't a nice cuddler. I wanted to hold him but he always moved away.

Meanie.

"He looks healthy." Nicolas commented.

"He's fat." Leonardo corrected him.

It was a bad comment and Theo immediately slapped him against the back of his head. Papa bear Theo was not to be messed with.

"You deserved that." Amelia grinned.

Leonardo glared at her but apologised to Theo. Ariana didn't really mind it but she was such a kind person. She kissed Fabio's chubby cheek before holding him up for Nicolas to take.

All my brothers were so scared to hold Fabio, even Hector was reluctant. Fabio was a big baby but still a baby. But Nicolas easily picked up Fabio and held him close to his chest.

I didn't think that he would be so good with babies but he was.

"How did you do that?" Leonardo asked shocked.

"Emilio has a little girl." Nicolas replied.

From what Silas had told me, I knew that Emilio was Nicolas' consigliere. I haven't met him before.

"You're good with babies." Ariana softly patted his shoulder.

Nicolas smiled and I could almost recognise that smile from a time where he was my goofy older brother. I never thought about Nicolas with his own family, but now it made sense. My brothers weren't just my brothers and they'd all go find somebody. They'd have their own families one day.

I don't know why that saddened me. I've only spent a short time with them compared to the time they all had together. I didn't want things to change but they've already changed.

//////////////////

Bitches really wanted to test my patience that I did not have.

After a long day of lectures, I just wanted to go home and sleep. My butt hurt from sitting down all day on a hard chair and my brain felt fried. I was exhausted and I wanted to rest.

Peacefully...

Giorgia Russo did not leave me alone. I was walking around campus towards the parking lot where Paul, my bodyguard, was waiting for me. It was already late but she apparently waited for me all day.

"Elena, let's talk!" She linked our arms and dragged my towards the cafeteria.

She was a few inches shorter than me but incredibly strong. I tried to pull free but she didn't even budge.

"Let go of me!" I snapped angrily.

I didn't like to be forced by other people. It made me feel helpless and triggered old trauma.

"You only have to talk with my brother for a few minutes." She smiled brightly.

Her brother? I know who he was. His name was Cosimo and he was the underboss of Brooklyn. I've met him at the Christmas party. He was young and had only been underboss for a couple of years after Arabella's father was killed.

We entered the cafeteria. It was almost empty because it was late. My eyes immediately fell on Cosimo Russo. His blond hair was brushed back with a lot of gel. It looked as hard as a rock. His dark brown eyes brightened when they fell on me and he got up from his seat.

He wore a nice tailored suit and he appeared to be charming but men in suit were dangerous. Hector wore one daily and if he weren't my brother, I'd avoid him at all costs.

"Thank you, Giorgia. You may go." He nodded at his younger sister.

She winked at me before walking out leaving me alone with her brother. I grabbed my phone and sent Paul a quick text to come over. This situation made me feel scared. Why would Cosimo Russo have his sister take me to him?

He had no business with me.

"Please sit down, Elena. We have a lot to discuss." He pointed at the seat in front of him.

I didn't sit down.

"You have one minute to explain what this means before my bodyguard comes. It better be worth it or you'll get to explain why you wasted my time to Hector." I snapped harshly.

I've never been a confrontational person but this life that I was now living, turned me into one. People want to take advantage of me to hurt my brothers. I've experienced that very well with Ronan and I will never let it happen again.

"I didn't mean to upset you." He apologised.

"Fifty seconds left." I rolled my eyes.

He nodded and sat down. He didn't seem stressed or worried about the fact that my bodyguard was coming. But I didn't trust his facial expression. All mafia men had the art of composure mastered.

"I've been trying to reach you for a while now but it was nearly impossible. Your brothers have you well secured and guarded." He started.

I clenched my fists. He was really pushing me and all I wanted to do right now was call up Hector. I wouldn't care about the consequences Cosimo would have to face for bothering me.

"You didn't have your debutante ball." He pointed out.

Normally ever girl that turns eighteen in our circles would have a debutante ball. I was excited to have mine until Theo explained to me that it was used to settle marriage arrangements.

Basically they parade you around while you father was supposed to make the best arrangement.

Dad and my brothers didn't hold one for Amelia nor I. They didn't want us to marry so young and I was for once happy for their overprotection.

"So?" I asked with a bored tone.

"I was planning on proposing."

I froze. His eyes scanned my face and I didn't even try to hide my dismay. He barely knew me and wanted to propose to me? What a fucking idiot.

"You don't even know me." I snapped.

He chuckled and placed his hands on his lap. Cosimo was handsome but I found him so ugly.

"I know you, beauty of New York. That's what they call you." He smirked.

I felt embarrassed because my siblings teased me. Someone started to call me the beauty of New York and now almost everybody did it. I like being called pretty but it was still awkward.

The door opened and Paul stepped inside. He immediately rushed to my side and softly pushed me behind him. Cosimo only smirked and still appeared to be relaxed.

"You're not allowed to approach or talk to Miss Cassano without Don Cassano's consent." Paul informed him coldly.

Cosimo rolled his dark eyes and an arrogant expression appeared on his stupid face.

"Watch your mouth, you dumb soldier. I'm the underboss of Brooklyn, show me my respect." Cosimo snapped.

Paul didn't reply, but I did. I wont let that asshole talk shit to my bodyguard.

"You've wasted my fucking time and acted like an asshole towards my bodyguard. I hope you have fun explaining that to my brother." I pulled up my phone.

"Then I'll ask him for your hand, Amore." He dared to wink at me.

I swallowed down a groan and dialled Hector's number. As usual, it didn't take long for him to pick up.

"Yes?"

Hector's voice always gave me a sense of security and safety. Even with Paul here, I still felt uncomfortable to be near Cosimo.

"Cosimo Russo just forced me to talk to him!"

"What?!" His voice darkened.

Hector was overprotective and I knew that by telling him about Cosimo, I had sealed his fate. Cosimo would either loose his position or he killed.

"He made his sister, Giorgia, drag me all the way to the cafeteria on campus. Then he talked about how he wants to propose to me."

"Paul is with you?" Hector questioned.

Paul was still standing close to me. He wasn't like Ian, who was a silent cutie. Paul was loud and very serious about this job. But I've gotten used to him and he can be funny, especially when he tells me about his old days.

"Yes, he's with me. Oh and that asshole dared to insult Paul!" I added.

Paul may be lower ranked than Cosimo but he protected me everyday. So I won't let anyone insult him, especially not shitty Cosimo.

"Okay, go home with Paul. I'll deal with him."

Hector ended our call and I smiled sweetly at Cosimo.

"Have fun talking to my brother. Till never again!" I winked and walked out followed by Paul.

What a fucking waste of my precious time.

"Starbucks, Miss?" Paul asked while opening the door to the car for me.

I nodded. After this shitshow I needed at least ten cake pops.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 25.9K 59
[COMPLETED] _____________________________________________ "You're worth more than a fucking deal, Amara." __________________________________________...
440K 10.1K 64
Hope. Such a trivial thing but if given, it could be the best or the worst thing that happened to you. Evianna Rose Romano. Daughter of the Italian...
304K 4.7K 54
[Not Edited] He's ruthless every man wants to be him or the fear him, every women wants to fuck him. He has the largest mafia he could kill anyone i...
442K 13.6K 30
"Whatever you have that stupid grin on your face for, the answer is no. No smoking, no guns, none of your Mafia friends, none of any of that. And mos...