In Debt To The Devil

By ElysianHer

"Why-why is he here?" I asked slightly feeling panicked. "Your father, Step- father owes me money. 36 million... More

Author's Note
Playlist
Prologue:
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Epilogue
SEQUEL
Part two

Chapter 26

1.1K 23 3
By ElysianHer

"So, I wrote a letter explaining why I left. How I treated the entire situation so loosely because I was exhausted. It was a toxic thing we had and I had to leave." I said.

"Wow! I- I don't know what to say." Mia said.

"Why didn't you tell us before? We really could have helped you." Cami said as she hugged me.

"I tried my best but, he was not meeting me half way and neither was I easy for him to handle so, I did what was best for everyone." I said.

"But, this entire time. I mean whenever we saw you two together he couldn't keep his eyes off you. It looked so genuine." Mia said.

"Great actor. He deserves an Oscar for that." Cami scoffed.

"So does she." Kira said as she pointed at me.

"I am sorry. I- I couldn't say anything before. I wanted to the time I told you I was getting engaged, the engagement party, the marriage, so many times after that and before that. I had no one to tell. I was afraid if we do something he will take the deal back and everyone would be on the streets. I had to protect the business and my family. When he told me that after the marriage and after the debt is paid I couldn't leave I needed to find the way to leave him. That was our deal. The payment is made and everything will go back to the way it needs to." I sniffed and lips quivered.

Mia, Cami and Kira enveloped me in a group hug.

"Well, you are free and he doesn't know where you are. You are safe." Mia said.

"If he comes for you he will have to go through us." Cami said and I chuckled. She could make anyone laugh and cheer them up.

"Thank you for everything guys. I am so sorry I lied." I said.

"We forgive you. Although we should also ask you to consider acting. You are really good." Kira smirked at me. I grinned and wiped my tears. We began going over the work of the Kristen project with Markler. They had decided to pick a few designers in Austin. We decided to get in contact with Amberleaf, Brittany Allen and Ferrah. They were quite interested in teaming up with a few small boutiques in Marble Falls among other small cities and use the few jewellery sets that suited their latest line. Kira, Mia and Cami had to leave since they had to be in New York for a meeting tomorrow so they left. I was completely fine with it even though Mia asked a whole lot of times if they should stay back. I assured them I was fine.

I finished a little paperwork I had for Markler. I decided to sit on the couch while my Chinese takeout would come. It had been 12 days that I was away. I was sad and that was what was disturbing me the most. I was unhappy in London with Stefan but, the days felt pitch dark here knowing Stefan was away. Knowing I won't see him. I had no idea that leaving London and Stefan would feel bad. I missed Maria too; but, it was Stefan whose face and presence I missed the most. Even though the only time we were friendly was when the week before the gala where we announced that we married to the world. The night I ran away. The night I planned with Kira. The sun was setting and today the sky turned a shade of slight aqua, orange and purple-pink. The aqua reminded me of Stefan's eyes. It was light at first but, when he looked at me they turned dark. They weren't Black. They turned black when he was angry. When he looked at me with the intensity of an emotion I had no idea what is was they were dark. I gulped as I saw the sky turning dark. I sighed. I hope this feeling in my chest every time the sun sets reminding me that it was one more day in Marble falls and not in London. It was like that every morning too. The same sinking feeling reminding me where I was. Away from Stefan. I felt terrible that I was feeling this way. I didn't like him and I know that I did the right the thing but, it didn't feel like it. It was terrible to bear this feeling.

I walked into Gloria's boutique. She was one of the ladies who was a start-up and with who Ferrah had teamed up to sell Ferrah's designs as well as help Gloria launch her own line. Cami was helping her out with designs so I went and helped Gloria run the boutique and create her dresses. That was until she could hire a few more staff. There was one girl who happened to be a girl called Lydia. She was in high school and she was looking for a future in fashion and business. She just wanted to learn and not really get a good wage so she was the only the other person who was at the boutique. Gloria had some great deigns and she found a few ways to add the brooches from Kristen project in her dresses and attires. I had been working with her over week. It has been 21 days and the sinking feeling since I left London has not gone. I need time that is all. This feeling will pass over. I told myself. Will it? My inner voice asked. Yes it will pass. London won't make me feel like this after a while. Stefan's absence will surely make you feel like this. The voice said. I shook the voice out of my head.

"What would the nerd know about fashion?" A girl snickered. I looked down the aisle and saw three girls looking at the dresses and Lydia was on the next aisle. They were our customers.

"She dresses so stupid too." The blonde girl in the centre giggled. I rolled my eyes at her.

"I heard that Aiden was interested in her." A girl with brown hair said.

"Aiden is rich and the bad boy of the school. Besides we are endgame. He trying to get with her. Is like gravity on Earth." The blonde spoke up. I looked at Lydia who was clearly able to hear their conversation.

I walked over to the girls.

"Hello girls! What are you shopping for?" I asked chirpily.

"Winter formal dresses." The girl with brown curly said.

"What are your names?" I asked.

"I am Heather." The blonde said.

"Darla." The curly hair girl answered.

"Lindsey." The straight brown hair girl answered.

"Well, I suggest the rack here for Heather. It goes really well, with your hair. The champagne shades would complement your hair perfectly." I said. To be honest it would look plain. But, I was not going to tell her.

"Darla you must look at the greens. Those are truly wonderful." I told her.

"Lindsey the light shades of blue would complement your blue eyes." I said.

"You have got great taste." Heather smiled at me.

"I know. I learnt it from Camille Grace." I said.

"Camille Grace as in Markler Industries fashion legend?" Darla asked widened.

"Oh yeah." I told them.

"That is not possible. Camille has standards. She wouldn't roam around with you in Marble Falls." Lindsey scoffed.

"You are such an idiot." Lydia said and her eyes widened as she realised what she said. I looked back at her.

"What did you just call her nerd?" Heather asked as she narrowed her eyes at Lydia with such hatred.

Lydia looked at me. I smirked and nodded my head in their direction. She gulped but then finally spoke up.

"You don't realise who you are talking to. Do you?" Lydia asked.

"Who?" Heather asked as she looked me up and down like a hawk. I smiled at her.

"She is Diana Martin Black. The founder of Markler Industries." Lydia pointed out to them. I was wearing glasses just like that so I removed it as if I needed to clean them and I noticed their mouths open shocked.

"Oh my god." Darla said.

"Well, ladies. Why don't you finish shopping and Lydia tonight when you are closing up Camille sent over your designs and the ones Gloria sent. You can check the ones she has approved of. Tomorrow start making the actual one." I winked at her.

"Oh and ladies. I hear you call our youngest and most talented designer a nerd or anything else. You won't be able to buy any dresses anywhere in Marble falls. I will make sure of it." I gave them a smile and walked off.

Soon the girls rushed out. Lydia walked over to me.

"Thank you for defending me." Lydia said.

"Always." I smiled.

She was about to walk out.

"Hey, when you go to college in two years after graduating from high school. You can apply to Cami's paid internship during the four years of college." I said.

"But, I won't know anything about fashion then." Lydia said.

"That is not the point for her internship. Cami believes that the reason she was so good in college designing the clothes she did as because she had work experience through her learning years. She worked like you in a boutique in Boston when she was studying fashion and business. That is the reason she created his program in Markler. I know you will start you junior year soon and if you start working on your applications for colleges you can also start one portfolio for Cami program. Just think about it." I said.

"Thank you. I will think about it." Lydia grinned and walked off.

The day got over soon. And I went back home.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 65.5K 50
~Book One Of The Sold To Series~ *UNEDITED* Sneak peek.......... "Yes, he's my son, please don't hurt him I'll do anything" he begged. Does my dad fi...
20.5K 571 36
" I lunge forward at him hitting his groin with my knee then right between the eyes. As soon as I do, he crashes to the ground, out cold. I go for mo...
286K 9.7K 57
𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐀 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐑𝐞 𝐎𝐧π₯𝐲 π’πžπ«π’πžπ¬ β˜…β˜…β˜… "Stop moving and stay still." "Then tell me where we are going then," I replied, getting annoye...