The Medieval Story Of One Dir...

Por BeklesF

Rebekah Wynters is an average young woman, living under the Monarchs rule in the small kingdom of London. She... Más

The Medieval Story Of One Direction
Chapter One- The Announcement and Chester the Rabbit
Chapter Two- Mistakes and Murder
Chapter Three- Grey Sludge and Searing Pain
Chapter Four- The Lullaby and Executions
Chapter Five- Mr Divine and Dinner Plans
Chapter Six- Dinner for Eight and Jealousy
Chapter Seven- The Surprise and Forgiveness
Chapter Eight- Flames and a Blueberry Breakfast
Chapter Nine- The Raven Haired and Golden-Eyed Boy
Chapter Ten- Scary Faces and Matchmaking
Chapter Eleven- Mr Mature and Comforting Hugs
Chapter Twelve- The Carrot Eater Beka's Announcement and a Disappearing Paul
Chapter Thirteen- Notes, a Kitten and Plans for a Ball
Chapter Fourteen- Evil Cat Cookie and Practical Jokester
Chapter Fifteen- Harry's Blanky and Authority
Chapter Sixteen- Food and Chester's Return
Chapter Seventeen- Checkmate and Combat
Chapter Eighteen- Becoming a part of The Family
Chapter Nineteen- Golden Dress and Silver Crown
Chapter Twenty- Marina Carley Lee Ackland-Gay-Burgenmire
Chapter Twenty-One- Sox and Bad First Impressions
Chapter Twenty-Three- Make-Out Session and Gouging Out Eyeballs
Chapter Twenty-Four- The Raven Haired and Golden-Eyed Girl
Chapter Twenty-Five- Cookie Dough Ice Cream
Chapter Twenty-Six- Losing Track of the Time
Chapter Twenty-Seven- Sibling Rivalry
Chapter Twenty- Eight- Truth or Dare
Chapter Twenty- Nine- Emotional Roller-coaster
Chapter Thirty- Scavenger Hunt
Chapter Thirty-One- Scavenger Hunt (Part 2)
Chapter Thirty- Two- Scavenger Hunt (Part 3)
Chapter Thirty- Three- Scavenger Hunt (Part 4)
Chapter Thirty-Four- Scavenger Hunt (Part 5)
Chapter Thirty- Five- A Great Way to Ruin a Great Day
Author's Notes

Chapter Twenty-Two- The Ballet Dancer

1.5K 36 15
Por BeklesF

Ashley's POV-

There was a huge fight that was happening between one of King Simon's sons and another man. There was several people crowding around them, watching the two bicker, but I didn't want to get involved. I didn't find it that interesting either, bickering bores me.

Before the fight had started, I sat at one of the tables, playing with the edge of the silk table cloth, drawing circles in the abstract patterns subconsciously, while watching all the couples dance around the room, enviously. My family had all disappeared within the swarm of people, so I didn't bother going to look for them. I was just fine by myself.

I wasn't much of a ballroom dancer, ballet was more my type, but the truth is that I had never had a partner before. I've always been shy around people I didn't know, so I just stayed at the table waiting for the night to end, and my plan was turning out to be a very boring one.

I tried to block out the raised voices of the two that were fighting, by humming the tune of my ballet routine that I had recently learnt, but that wasn't working very well either. I sighed with boredom, and rested my head on my hands. I didn't even want to come to this event, it was too far away from home, but my parents made me...stupid parents.

A slight breeze ruffled my brown with golden-streaks hair, and I looked up towards the direction of an open glass door that led out into the garden. I so desperately wanted to be away from the sea of people I didn't know, so I bit my lip with anticipation, and looked back at the crowd, making sure nobody was watching me.

I stood from my seat, and made my way over to the door. I felt eyes burning into my back, so I looked behind me once more, to ease my fear of getting in trouble or followed. A boy with light brown hair, and dark blue eyes, caught my attention as he gave me a glance over, and smiled, flashing two rows of perfectly straight teeth. I blushed self-consciously, before slipping outside hurriedly.

I hadn't gone far into the garden, it was awfully dark after taking a few steps, so I made sure I stayed near the castle so I wouldn't get lost, and so I could slip back inside if someone came looking for me. The fighting stopped from inside, everything was silent until a door slammed. I stood on the bottom step, listening intently, but relaxed when the orchestra started playing again, and voices filled the room.

I suddenly recognized the music that was being played as the same tune as my ballet routine music, and a smile crept across my face. I used the small concrete courtyard as a stage, and quickly began my routine.

I closed my eyes, letting my body take over, my steps being performed like second nature. I twisted and leaped without opening my eyes, and feeling free. The warm feeling that I get in the pit of my stomach, that I always got when I was dancing, came to me, and it only made me want to dance more. I continued to twist and turn, taking up all the space in the courtyard, trying as hard as I could to perfect every move, but still do that as elegantly as I possibly could.

The smile was still spread across my face as the song came to an end, and my hands fell to my side. I managed to get through the dance, without stumbling, which would seem like a difficult task considering the hazardously long dress Mother had put me in.

It was a light orange colour. It reminded me of autumn leaves. The top was like its own corset that fitted me tightly, while the bottom half was a free flowing skirt that puffed out around me. I thought of it all being too much, but my mother insisted, and as they say, Mother knows best.

I opened my eyes, and almost fell over in fright. The boy that had seen me leave, was standing an arms distance away, smiling friendly. I placed my hand on my chest, and took a deep breath, trying to slow my pounding heart.

"You're a beautiful dancer." he said kindly, and I blushed deeply. "My names Louis, Louis Tomlinson Cowell, sorry for startling you." he said, holding out his hand to me.

I knew he was King Simon's eldest son, but I liked the fact that he didn't introduce himself as a prince. I took his hand and shook it once. There was a silence between us, and I realised he was waiting for me to speak. "I'm Ashley." I said nervously, running my finger over the bridge of my nose subtly. It was an annoying habit. I did it whenever I was in a situation where I was really nervous or there was a lot of attention on me, mainly when I was uncomfortable.

"So you do speak. I was beginning to think that you couldn't talk." Louis laughed.

I bit my lip, and blushed again. "No, I-I'm just really shy." I stuttered.

Louis gave me an understanding smile. "You remind me of my sister, she was shy at first, but I promise you that I don't bite, Ashley."

I pulled a thoughtful look. "Call me Chrysanthemum or Crystal...I answer to both." I said with a shrug.

Louis looked at me confused. "But your name is Ashley?"

"Yes it is, but, personally, I think Ashley is such a dull name. Where Crystal is spontaneous and adventurous." I explained.

Louis smiled at me. "You're a shy girl who wants to be spontaneous and adventurous...it's a bit of a contradictory statement, but I like you." Louis chuckled.

"And I find you to be a very calm and nice person." I replied.

Louis gave me a questioning look before bursting out laughing. I stared at him, wondering what I had said that was so funny.

"I'm...sorry...for laughing...Love, but...sweetheart...you wouldn't be...saying that if you knew me." Louis said between laughing fits.

"Oh, thank God. I hate people who are serious all the time. I mean, where's all the fun?" I asked rhetorically

"Exactly, that's why I act like a five year old most of the time." he said brightly.

"Aren't you turning twenty this year?" I asked.

"Oh, you flatter me, darlin'." he said, trying poorly to imitate an elderly woman. "I'm twenty-two at the end of this year."

"I'm eighteen, and five foot four inches. I feel like I'm twelve years old most of the time, and sometimes I act like I seem, I have an older sister who is already happily married to a scholar. She's always been the smart one, where as I tended to pull more pranks." I shrugged, explaining myself.

"I love pulling pranks. A couple weeks ago, my brother Harry, put honey in my hair, so I had all these bees chasing me. I got him back waxing by all the hair off his legs while he slept, and surprisingly he didn't wake up once. He's a very heavy sleeper." I laughed, Louis smiling at the memory of his antics.

"I have a feeling that that's not the weirdest thing you've done, though?" I asked, laughing at the story he told me.

"I have an obsession with carrots, and I have a pet goose name Gerald..." he admitted, bouncing on his toes slightly.

"Well that's not strange at all." I said sarcastically.

The song that was being played came to an end, and a new one began to play. "Oh! I love this song!" Louis said excitedly. "Dance with me please?" he asked, holding out his hand.

I liked the song as well. Louis and I actually had something in common. It was called 'All About Us', it was a lovely song, and it described our moment perfectly.

"I-I've never had a dance partner before, and I'm more of a ballet dancer, not ballroom." I said nervously.

"I can teach you. Dancing is just like life. Life's a dance, you learn as you go, sometimes you lead, and sometimes you follow. I promise I won't hurt you. Like I said before, I like you Ashley-...ah, I mean Crystal." He smiled again, and I nodded. "Ok, ballroom dancing is easy, you just have to remember to let me lead, and to just follow my steps." He informed, and I nodded again, listening to his instructions.

The intro of the song had finished, and the lyrics began. "Take my hand." He sung to me. I smiled and took his warm hand. He smiled back, and placed his free hand on my hip, while I placed mine on his shoulder. "I'll teach you to dance. I'll spin you around," he sung while spinning me. I stumbled a little, but Louis caught me. "Won't let you fall down." He continued. "Would you let me lead? You can step on my feet. Give it a try, it'll be alright." He sung smiling, and I smiled back. The two of us began to move, and I followed Louis's steps, just like he told me to.

"The room's hush, hush and now's our moment. Take it in, feel it all and hold it. Eyes on you, eyes on me, we're doing this right."

I eventually got the hang of it, and the two of us were swaying, and twisting around the small courtyard perfectly in time with the music. I didn't even step on Louis's toes, not once. My eyes never strayed from his. I couldn't help but be drawn in by his two perfectly blue orbs, that were staring back.

"'Cause lovers dance when they're feeling in love, spotlight's shining it's all about us. It's oh, oh, all. About uh, uh, us, and every heart in the room will melt. This is a feeling I've never felt, but it's all about us.

Suddenly I'm feeling brave. Don't know what's got into me, why I feel this way. Can we dance, real slow? Can I hold you, real close?

The room's hush, hush and now's our moment. Take it in, feel it all and hold it. Eyes on you, eyes on me we're doing this right.

Do you hear that love? They're playing our song Do you think we're ready? Oh, I'm really feeling it

Do you hear that love? Do you hear that love?

Do you hear that love? They're playing our song

Do you think we're ready yet? Oh, I'm really feeling it

Do you hear that love? Do you hear that love?

Do you hear that love? They're playing our song

Do you think we're ready yet? Oh, I'm really feeling it

Do you hear that love? Do you hear that love?

'Cause lovers dance when they're feeling in love, spotlight's shining it's all about us. It's oh, oh, all. About uh, uh, us, and every heart in the room will melt. This is a feeling I've never felt, but it's all about us

'Cause lovers dance when they're feeling in love, spotlight's shining it's all about us. It's oh, oh, all. About uh, uh, us, and every heart in the room will melt. This is a feeling I've never felt, but it's all about us."

In what seemed like a short time later, the song came to an end, and I let out a wonderstruck breath, as the two of us stepped away from each other.

"Thank you Louis." I said, my voice coming out at barely a whisper, while brushing the hair out of his eyes.

Louis smiled brightly, his eyes sparkling. "Don't thank me, thank my sister. I was debating whether or not to come out and talk to you while I was standing in the crowd, and Beka just gave me a look that suggested she found my inner debate stupid, and basically shoved me out the door, before racing after Josh. I'm glad she did. My night has just gotten so much better since talking to you." Louis expressed and I blushed.

Being shy has its perks...for once.

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Hey MSODiens,

Heres another character chapter.

The song that is also in this chapter is 'All About Us' by He Is We, its so suitable and I know the last two songs arn't exactly from the Medieval ages, but there just so darn cute :D Anyway I left a youtube link on the side.

P.s If you've been struggling to picture the characters in my story just have a look at my cast. Everybody that are on there are, or already do, play a big role.

Leave a comment, or have some vegemite on toast... actually don't do that. It's gross, but definitly leave a comment :3

Love Always

Beka

xoxo

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

80.8K 1K 19
Once you have an amazing life, and it takes an unexpected turn, you're not going to like it. It's human nature. But what if, just this once, maybe yo...
2.4K 78 32
Chloe chambers isn't like the rest of the girls in the town of Mullingar. There is something different and unique that only a few families know about...
32.9K 232 18
When Maddie's life takes an unexpected turn, she is forced to go live in London with an old friend. She finds her self falling in love with his best...
10.3K 127 24
Lucy Hale is a hardcore Directioner with front row tickets to see the boys. However, her dad ruins her chances to meet the boys of her dreams when he...