Always and Forever

Galing kay stories116

Sophie Roberts. Arsenal Through and Through. 20 Years old. Arsenal Forward. Lioness. Sophie Roberts, hasn't h... Higit pa

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one

twenty one

4.5K 60 3
Galing kay stories116

Here we are, a week later, back home.

Over the last week, since my heartbreaking find, nothing happened. We didn't have any games so we trained and trained. Mapi hasn't shut up about me calling her 'hot' and either has Patri. Each day is a new challenge that i'm trying to get by. It's hard but i'm surviving and i'm surviving because of the people around me.

Coming back after what i witnessed a week ago, wasn't ever going to be easy but as soon as we landed, i didn't move. I remember telling Patri that i didn't want to go, she tried to get me to move, but i wouldn't. Eventually she got Alexia who took my hand and walked off the plane with me and Jenni. I remember crying, i've cried a lot since that day and i'm not afraid to admit it.

Tonight, we play Arsenal in the Emirates. Today, i play in London for the first time since my move and today i play in the stadium i used to watch the men play in only a few years ago. It's amazing but it's not going to affect me. Today, this club will reach the next round of the champions League. A win today, would see us top the group and go through. I want this competition more than anything so nothing and no one will stand in my way.

In preparation of the game, we went on a walk, i told the girls all about the city and they all seemed genuinely interested which was a nice feeling. After our walk we traveled the short distance to the stadium. Arsenal fans were already arriving. We walked in and inspected the pitch, this time Arsenal weren't here yet so i couldn't talk to any of my former teammates which sucked but there's time for that after. After we inspected the pitch we warmed up and before i knew it, it was 8pm and it was time.

We walked out alongside Arsenal before peeling off to opposite sides for the champions league anthem. I walked out and couldn't help but think 'wow'. The fans, they cheered at me and i smiled, i clapped them all because although i don't play for their club anymore, they have helped me so much. Through the good and the bad, they've supported me and i have them to thank as much as anyone else.

Just like last time, we were shaking hands with the Arsenal players, i hugged everyone until Leah was the one standing in-front of me. Despite the obvious heartbreak i felt, i stuck my hand out but i can't say i was surprised when she just glanced at me and walked to Alexia who returned the favour and didn't shake her hand, instead Alexia glared at Leah who ran to join the rest of her team.

Both teams had a huddle and the game started. Arsenal kicked the game off as Viv passed to Jordan. This should be good.

"Arsenal vs arguably the best team in the world. What are you thinking?"

"Barcelona right now are quite easily the best team in the world. They just look levels above everyone else. Arsenal won't look at that though, they will be confident. Personally i think Barcelona will prove to strong for them and come out comfortable winners in the end"

"Who's key for Barcelona today?"

"Putellas and Roberts. We've seen it time and time again this season, their partnership is out of this world. Arsenal have a real job on their hands if they want to stop those two"

It didn't take us long, in the 22nd minute we were 1-0 up and i had scored again. Just like last time, i didn't celebrate my goal. I walked over to Jenni and hugged her, the rest of the team ran over and celebrated my goal.

"Roberts again! How good is she? And how good are this side?"

"Both incredible. Roberts, i think since leaving Arsenal has found a whole new level to her game. At Arsenal she was playing well, very well but now she looks like she's been playing at the professional level for years and years. She's so young but she's already a superstar."

Six minutes later, Jenni scored. 2-0 before the half hour mark. This time i celebrated but not disrespectfully. When Jenni scored i ran and jumped at her. Just like the first game, i celebrated my teammates goals more than mines.

The game quietened down. It was all us. Manu, once again was proving to be vital for the Arsenal. Time and time again, she kept them in the game, after a long 45 minutes of trying to get past her, Alexia scored. She scored on the brink of half time, sealing all three points for us and qualification. I was running forward with the ball when Steph forced me out wide, i was going to cross the ball in towards Jenni but i changed my mind when i seen Alexia on the edge of the box unmarked so i passed it to her feet, low and hard. Without taking a second touch Alexia sliced through the ball, firing it past Manu and into the top left corner of the goal.
Alexia ran to the right and so did Jenni, i ran and jumped on Alexia's back, celebrating with the girls.

"Well. It's pretty much all over here. Barcelona look set to be going through after a fine finish by the worlds best in Alexia Putellas"

"Give her space like that on the edge of the box and there will only be one outcome. Brilliant finish, even better player"

Half time came and it was 3-0 to us.

*******
The second half wasn't as exciting as the first. Manu was planning brilliantly and it took us until the 75th minute to add to our lead. Jenni, with the double. It was 4-0.

The game wasn't really interesting until the 90th minute. Jana had been subbed on in the 64th minute for Mata and she was playing really well. The 90th minute came and Arsenal had their first corner of the game. Nothing, thankfully came from it as Leah headed the ball over the goal. We were in no rush to restart play but as Paños was collecting the ball, Leah pushed out on Jana. I had seen this and ran over. I pushed Leah back.

"Leah! Back off, Yeah!"

"Protecting your new teammates?"

"Like you said. Teammates are family. Now back off!"

"Or what?"

"Last time Leah. Back off!"
Leah pushed me and i pushed her back.

"You've changed!"

"Yeah because you would notice. Fucking back off!"

Before anything escalated and anymore words were exchanged, the ref ran over. Mapi death stared Leah while she pulled me away from the situation. I was standing with Mapi and Jana while the ref spoke to Leah.

"Thanks"
Jana said as she hugged me.

"Anytime kid. Family, yeah?"
I ruffled her hair.

"Of course. The youngsters rule!"

"Do you two ever shut up! You okay?"

"No, Mapi, we don't and yeah, i'm fine"

"You looked like you wanted to scream in her face and just let everything out"
I laughed a little.

"I did. Believe me, i did"

"what stopped you?"

"You guys. This is a good night. No need to spoil it on the pitch during the match"

"On the pitch? So you're going to shout at her after?"

"Never say never"
I said as i walked away smirking at Mapi.

The ref blew her whistle a few moment later. I hugged my Arsenal teammates, all but Leah, Jordan and Viv. Before Jordan spotted me, i approached Viv and hugged her.

"Good game"
I said.

"Yeah. Fine form you're on, eh?"

"Yeah. Not bad"
I shrugged.

"You okay?"

"why wouldn't i be?"

"i've not seen you in person in a week, only a week and i know you're hurting. Trust me, i know. I've argued with Leah a lot this week because i know your heart better than anyone and i know that you're hurting, a lot"
I hugged Viv even tighter. I didn't say anything as i didn't want to cry. But, she's right. I'm hurting. Of course i am.

"I'll always look out for you wether you're here or in Spain. The distance doesn't bother me. I don't love you any less"
I laughed as i knew she was having a go at Leah, saying that.

"Hope so"

"I love you"

"I love you too, Vivianne"

"That's enough, yeah?"
Viv ruffled my already messed up hair.

"See you again soon, yeah?"

"Of course. Next time in Spain on a holiday?"

"I'll be in contact soon"
I smiled and hugged Viv who kissed my head before walking away.

I was about to walk down the tunnel but i was pulled aside by Jordan....

To be continued...

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

122K 2.3K 30
Aleid van Alstine has been representing the Netherlands since she was seventeen, kickstarting her career at nearby club FC Twente, before moving to G...
21.4K 651 21
Leah Williamson x OC I don't claim to know anyone in this personally and therefore their character, personality and sexuality (which I am not assumi...
58.8K 1.7K 32
Leah doesn't let new people into her life. She is a fairly well known "celebrity" now. She isn't sure who to trust other than those she was close wit...
122K 5.3K 45
~I wanna crush her~ Rosalie has played for France and Lyon for years. She seems like the perfect defender on the outside but she is a total mess. Sh...