Fallen Angel // Alex Karev

Por BuckSteve_17

'You and Evil Spawn? No way' 'Is it so hard to believe Mer?' 'Well you are happy, fun. He is miserable and... Más

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59

Chapter 44

2.4K 54 9
Por BuckSteve_17

About twice a day I try to speak to Alex with little success, he still isn't talking to me after the fight we had and I feel like there is something missing. God why is he being so stubborn! Surely we can get past one little argument.... Right? I have a new peds attending that Richard has hired and I am currently giving her the tour.

"And that's it" I say clasping my hands together and smiling at her, she has bright blond hair and is wearing shoes with wheels on them. I'm not sure what to make of her, she seems extremely cheery "wow this is amazing. You're amazing, I'm glad to be working under you" she says brightly and I nod "right well, you have everything you need. Just call me if you have any questions" I say and walk away wanting to find Derek.

I don't find Derek but I do find Mark and I tell him all about my argument with Alex. "Yeah well Karev's an ass" Mark says after I explain everything "I don't know why you are with him anyway" I sigh and sit down lower in my chair "it's just something about him" I explain "something that pulls me on every time I think I'm done, I come running back"

Just then I sit up, realising "where's Derek?" I ask and Mark shrugs absently "apparently he has a secret patient. Him, Yang, Grey and Hunt are on it" I raise my brows "secret patient? Now that's interesting"

I am paged to the pit and rush down there however when I do Arizona is already there "it's alright Tearney I've got this. Don't you have a surgery in 10 minutes?" She says and I am shocked, I haven't had a competent attending in so long I forgot I don't have to do everything anymore "uh yeah" I say slightly cautious "are you sure you for this?" I ask and she nods, flashing me a bright smile again "yeah I've got this" she replies confidently.

I turn around and head back up to the peds floor. On the way up I spot Izzie and make my way over to her "hey Izzie" I say catching her attention, she whirls back to me and when she sees it's me she narrows her eyes "look we don't have anything to say to each other" she spits out nastily, catching me off guard "after what you said to Alex. You should leave him alone, you don't know what he's been through or what I have so you are in no position to judge" my mouth hangs open for a second before I regain myself and fold my arms "I am your boss Stevens you can't talk to me like that" she scoffs and I continue "I just wanted to say happy birthday" and I shove past her angrily.

If there was a way to take back that argument yesterday I would, but I can't and now Alex won't even let me apologise to him. I shake my head and focus my mind, I can't be distracted in the OR and especially not for a first year resident. I scrub in and head into the OR "is everything alright Doctor?" The nurse asks me and I nod, putting my gloves on and stepping towards the knocked out fourteen year old "yeah I'm fine. Scalpel" I hold out my hand.

I head back up to the peds floor and freeze when I see Alex standing with Bailey talking to a patients mum. He looks so carefree and I wonder if he is thinking about our fight at all. If he even cares. He walks away and a few minutes later an alarm goes off and I rush into the room. Doctor Kenley is on the ground, Alex above him trying to assess the situation "oh god" I say rushing forward, "Karev I've got it" I say authoritatively and he moves so I can continue compressions "what happened?" I ask and I hear his voice speak to me for the first time in a week "he just fell over" he tells me and I continue compressions.

I send Bailey to inform Webber of our loss after the compressions do nothing to revive him. I run a hand through my hair and let out a breath as they wheel him out of the patients room "I am so sorry you had to see that" I say to the little boy and the mum clutching his hand "I'm Doctor Tearney, head of paediatrics here at Seattle Grace" I stick out my hand the little boy shakes it. I smile "if there is anything I can do for you, let me know" I say and leave the room.

Just as I turn the corner I hear the mum ask "if she is the head of the department, why didn't we have her? Doctor Bailey said we have the best team available" I hear Alex sigh and I stop, not wanting to overhear but also not stopping myself "Doctor Tearney is probably the best in her field" he explains "she is high in demand but she makes time for everyone where she can. She hates that she can't work on every case but I can assure you. If you want her, she will rearrange everything to help" and I smile, it was probably kind words just to soothe the patient but something tells me he genuinely feels that way and it makes me feel a little better.

I go into my next patients room and check on them "I heard about Doctor Henley" Sasha, my 17-year-old patient says and I nod as I check on her fluids "yep well, these things happen" I say "it's just a shame he went how he did. He was a nice man" I watch as she studies me "what?" I ask letting out a deep breath "somethings bothering you" she says and I laugh. Coming over to the end of her bed I say "what are you profiling me now?" She nods with a satisfied smirk on her face "yes, I want to be in the BAU one day" I raise my eyebrows although I'm not surprised, she is an incredibly smart girl "I know someone at the BAU" I say leaning forward and I watch as her face lights up "you do?" She asks and I nod "oh yeah, old family friend, I could give him a call. See if he can come and talk to you, tell you all about it" I didn't think it was possible but her face lights up even more "thank you thank you thank you Doctor Tearney" she says and I laugh "no worries kiddo" and I leave the room.

I am sitting with Miranda, both of us working in a peaceful silence when "doctor Bailey?" Cuts through the peacefulness. We both look up and my new attending comes over "Arizona Robbins" she introduces and sticks her hand out for the other woman to shake "I'm taking over Doctor Kenley's patients" this doesn't seem to sit well with my friend as she asks "you're a peds surgeon?" Shooting a look at me and I raise my hands in surrender.

"You're adding with Jackson Prescott" Robbins continues "all due respect to Doctor Kenley he was a wonderful physician. But you know what, I'm surprised he followed his course of treatment" I watch as Bailey's mouth parts slightly in disbelief and I slowly stand up "I've got to go do something important somewhere else" I say and swiftly leave.

As I do that however I bump into someone and they catch me, placing strong steady hands either side of me "woah careful" a familiar voice says and when I look at said person I gasp slightly "Alex I-" I start but before I can finish he is already stalking down the hall. Damn it.

Apparently Richard has locked himself in a room and doesn't want to be disturbed and I am worried for him. So I sit outside of his room and do my paperwork, just in case he wants to talk. "What are you doing on the floor Andy?" Mark asks as he walks past "oh you know" I say throwing my arms up "people watching" he snorts and looks through the window in the door "what's he doing in there?" He asks pointing and chief Webber "who knows" I answer "he just wants to be alone"

He nods and puts his hands in his pockets "and you are out here in case he wants to talk" I smile affectionately "right" he smiles and kicks my foot with his own "see you round And" he says and I watch as he disappears down the hall. Izzie walks past a few minutes later and I call her "Izzie" she stops and looks down at me "what?" She snaps and I pat the floor next to me. Sighing dramatically and rolling her eyes she comes and sits next to me "we have never really been friends" I start "and I think it's partly my fault, I just saw you as a superficial blonde girl who didn't really want to work to get here but now I see you are different and I apologies if I have treated you any differently"

She stays silent so I continue "I'm not the best at hiding my emotions, when I feel something I feel is deeply and without remorse. I'm not sorry that I was jealous of Alex's relationship with you because we are all allowed our own feelings but I am sorry with how I dealt with it, I shouldn't have picked a fight I should have just felt me feelings and moved on" she looks at me then and I take in a shuddering breath "was that an apology?" She asks and I shrug "kind of but also an explanation for everything and I hope we can move past this"

Then Izzie does something she doesn't expect and she hugs me "thank you for being honest" she says "and with Alex, just say something like that" I let out a breathy laugh "I would if he was talking to me" she frowns and stands up "I'll sort it, but only because we are friends now" and I smile gratefully.

"Did you know Mark slept with Lexie?" Callie asks as I sit down to eat my lunch with them "say it a little louder I don't think the people in Australia heard you" Mark bites before angrily drinking his drink. I smile and grab my fork "I did, Lexie told me" Mark looks like he might kill over with shock "she did?" He asks sounding worried "did she tell anyone else?"

I shake my head and watch as my friend slowly looses his mind "no, she only told me because we are friends" this surprises him even more "really!?" He asks sounding unsure "I've never seen you two hang out" I roll my eyes and stab my fork into a piece of my salad "we don't need to hang out to be friends Mark. We aren't in high school" he huffs a reply and I smile.

Callie then tells me about Meredith's intern friend and she asks if it's in her head "I'm not sure" I admit "you could just be trying to find something after you know Hahn. Don't rush into something you might regret is all I'm saying" I lean over and squeeze her hand "the right person will find you, you've just got to give them time to get here" and she smiles at me gratefully.

"Why are you never this helpful with me?" Mark asks pouting like a little child "because you sleep with people you're not supposed to" I say simply and take a sip of my drink. He pouts harder and I smile "I kid I kid but seriously. Don't sleep with Lexie again or I'll cut off both your hands and then your favourite part" I lean back in my chair and Mark looks horrified. "You terrify me sometimes woman" he says leaning over and stealing some of my cucumber "good" I say swatting his hand away menacingly and he shudders.

I go back to check on Richard "he's still in there?" I ask Bailey who is also standing outside the room "yes he is still in here and I don't know what to do about it" she says, a look of determination on her face "I've got something to say to him" she mutters and bursts inside. I leave her to it, not wanting to be involved in anything that might happen after she disrupts the boss's peace. There is never a normal day at Seattle Grace.

I walk around feeling a little lost without having my best friend to talk to about my day. I wonder how long Derek will be treating this mystery patient, I need to catch him up on a few things. A lot of things actually and Mark isn't one for sensible advice and I need someone to tell me what to do. Someone mature. "You look lost" Arizona says coming over to me and I shrug "nope just killing time before my next surgery" I say and then I wish I didn't because she then starts talking like there is no tomorrow and when I get paged I send up a silent thank you to the higher power and head to my surgery.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

10.4K 279 13
-𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝗵𝗲𝗮𝘁𝘀 𝗼𝗻 𝗵𝗲𝗿. 𝗢𝗥 𝗠𝗮𝗱𝗱𝗶𝗲 𝗚𝗿𝗲𝘆. 𝗜𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗻 𝗮𝘁 𝗦𝗲𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗹𝗲 𝗚𝗿𝗮𝗰𝗲. 𝗦𝗵𝗲...
165K 5.7K 29
IN WHICH Courtney Grey starts her residency and has to be a mentor to four unknowing interns, while figuring out that a certain someone means more to...
42.4K 1.1K 22
"I think we're going to have to be secretly in love with each other and leave it at that." (discontinued) SLOW UPDATES ...
121K 2.5K 74
❝𝙔𝙤𝙪'𝙧𝙚 𝘼𝙙𝙙𝙞𝙨𝙤𝙣 𝙈𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙜𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙧𝙮'𝙨 𝙙𝙖𝙪𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙚𝙧. 𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙗𝙞𝙙𝙙𝙚𝙣 𝙛𝙧𝙪𝙞𝙩. 𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙛𝙤𝙪�...