Chapter 40

I wake up to familiar light snoring beside me and I smile, turning over to face Alex

I wake up to familiar light snoring beside me and I smile, turning over to face Alex. Last night we had sex, and it was good. Mind blowing actually and I can't believe we waited so long to do it. I reach over and brush a strand of his hair from his face. He stirres but doesn't wake up. I gently climb out of bed and pad to the kitchen where my phone is going crazy.

Mama is asking when she can see Alex again and I take that as a good sign. I also have messages from Bella asking if I think she should do red or pink roses for the reception and I tell her it's her wedding and that she can do what she likes.

A few minutes later Alex appears from the bedroom, sleepy and heavy lidded he comes over and kisses my on the cheek "sleep well?" I ask and he mumbles a response. I start to coffee brewing and send another text to my mum "I've got to go in early" I say and Alex brings out two mugs, he already knows where everything is in this house, he might as well move in. "I was hoping we could go back to bed" Alex says kissing me gently on the lips and then the neck, I smile and lean into him "I wish but I've got paper work to do. Perks on being a department head" Alex continues kissing my neck and I close my eyes "maybe we could go back to bed for 10 minutes" I say and I can feel Alex smile against.

However before we can make any moves towards the bedroom my phone starts ringing and Alex groans. I look at the caller ID before picking up "yes what's up?" I ask and Izzie Stevens' voice sounds on the other end "is Alex there?" I glance over at the boy who is currently raiding my cereal stash "yeah why?" She pauses for a second clearly thinking about what to say.

"Can i speak to him please?" She asks her voice suddenly quiet, I sigh and rub my forehead "sure" and I pass the phone to him. The coffee is done and I am pouring us both a cup "hey Izz what's up?" He asks and doesn't talk, listening to what she has to say "are you sure?" He asks sounding concerned and I stop what I'm doing, leaning on the counter and watching him. "Alright I'm coming" he says and ends the call, passing my phone back to me "I've got to go, Izzie needs me" he says kissing my cheek "I'll see you later" and before I can even say anything he is out of the door.

———

"Am I being dramatic?" I ask Derek as we walk into work together, I decided to take my coffee to go, an apple in my other hand. Derek shakes his head "I think you are being an adult Andy" he tells me "Izzie and Alex are close and it makes you nervous. As long as you don't burst out with a claim their sleeping together you are allowed to have these feelings" at the mention of sleeping together my face goes and red and my friend seems to pick up on this and a smile broadens on his face "oh my god you two slept together"

Before I can answer Mark catches up with us "who's sleeping with who?" He asks and my face goes a deeper red. This seems to please Derek as he explains "Andy and Alex have finally done the deed" Mark whirls to me, one of his eyebrows raised "how was it?" He asks and I scrunch up my nose. Pressing the elevator button I say "I'm not discussing this with you" Mark leans against the wall and folds his arms "why? Is it because we've slept together?" I shrug innocently and head into the elevator, pressing my floor. "I wouldn't want the two of you feeling inadequate in your own sex lives" this creates a reaction from the two men and I can't help but laugh.