Rimuru and Iruma's Adventures...

By mu1622

A bored Rimuru Tempest accompanies Diablo when he goes to meet with an old friend in the Netherworld. What wi... More

Boredom
Welcome to the Netherworld
The Meeting
A Private Chat
Iruma's Story & A Talk With Sullivan
Preparations
The Entrance Ceremony
First Day Familiars
Meeting Clara
The Misfit Class
Encounter With Ameri
An Eventful Evening
Ambitions
Training
Execution Cannonball / The Duel
A Sticky Situation
Kiriwo's True Ambition
Why Are There Two? / The Others' Perspectives
The Day of the Party
Interactions With the Misfits
Wrapping the Party Up
The Student Council
The Concert
Covering for Kuromu
The Performance
Found Out
Demands and Doubts
Staying and Leaving
Return to Tempest
Exploring the Monster Country
Potential Problems
The People of Tempest
The Dinner Party
Consequences
Hinata's History Lesson
Rimuru's Student
Talking With Leon/Gobta's 2nd Chance
Someone has stolen both my books...
Schemes & Swords
Departure
Waiting for Walpurgis
Final Preparations
This is Walpurgis?
Beluran's Arrogance
Hard Lessons
Banquet and Discussions
Post-Walpurgis Discoveries
Tensions Between Twins
Alikred's Appearance
Explanations
Ameri's Affliction
Investigation Initiation
Delving Into Circumstances
Impending Election
Dissolution Dilemma
Case Closed
Ciel in Control [Bonus Chapter]
Iruma's Other Side
Mischief-Making Misfits
Coming Together
The Quest Concludes
Assisting the Student Council
Babylshenanigans [Bonus Chapter]
Nuisances
A Small Problem
Tattle and Tale
Mommy Issues
Exams
Having a Nice Time
Misfit Visits
Walter Park
Wacky Walter Antics
Wacky Walter Antics 2: The Wackening
The Depths of Depravity
Kaiju Chaos
Culling Kaiju
O Frabjous Day
Henri's Headache
Hotel Hijinks
Unwanted Attention
Into the Hubbub Forest
Traveling Trips
Tour Around Town
Catching Up
Festival Fun
Banquet Banter
Tempest Christmas Tales [Holiday Special]
Party and Politics
Talks, Walks, and Water Glocks
Love & War
Aquamarine Blue
Work & Play
Problems With Children
Your Name Is...
The Blue Trees of Jura
Code: S.L.I.M.E. (Prologue)
Pressure
Back to Babyls
Horny Beach (This ain't no lemon you hub-surfin' pervs)
Trainin' Hell
Pushing Yourself
Arrow Near The Knee
Having a Baal
Souls Aren't on the Menu... THIS Time
When The Nether Freezes Over
A Trial of Terror
End of the Festival
A Legendary Score
A Taxing Time Relaxing
Adorable Ego Death (Bonus Chapter)
Paint the Town Red

The Rookie Hunt

7K 232 55
By mu1622

Punctuation Key:

"Spoken dialogue"

'Quoting'

*Action*

Emphasis

Internal thoughts/talking to Ciel

[[Ciel talking]]

{{Thought Communication}}

I also have a discord server for discussion, questions, suggestions, or whatever. https://discord.gg/SVkTU2CQ2s

Rimuru POV

What the hell is this?

I think to myself while standing in the middle of the hallway. I'm currently surrounded by a barrier bubble to protect me, and three others, from the onslaught of demons hurling themselves at us. They are continuously slamming against my barrier like a bunch of rabid animals.

Unbeknownst to me, today is what's called the 'Rookie Hunt', an hour-long recruitment period for what they call 'battlers', which are just the demon equivalent of school clubs. The upperclassmen seek out first-year students in an extremely chaotic and aggressive way during this.

"What an impressive barrier! Are you sure you don't want me to take over protecting us? It can't be easy to maintain such an impressive feat of magic." Azz exclaims.

"Nah, I'm good. Keeping something like this up is easy for me. Remember how I kept one up around us during our duel? You got slammed against it so you should."

"Oh, yes! You're talking about the duel we had after the entrance ceremony, Ma-... I mean Rimuru." He says and I nod to him.

Azz almost called me 'Master' again, but he corrected himself. Recently, I told him to stop calling me that and it seems he's listened. I get called stuff like that enough back in Tempest and would rather have him address me casually. He still calls Iruma 'master' though since Iruma's too shy to ask him to stop at this point.

I look over at Clara, who's been uncharacteristically quiet the last couple of minutes, and find her licking my barrier for some reason. Ew.

"Hey Clara, can you not do that? It's gross..."

"But your magic is so tasty Riri!" she says before taking another lick.

[[How dare she...!]]

Ciel, I know how much you hate this girl but this isn't that big of a deal. It's gross but harmless.

Azz then attempts to pry the girl away, also finding her antics gross and annoying.

"Stop sullying Rimuru's beautiful barrier with your saliva you cretin!" He yells as he holds a flailing Clara in his arms. Eventually, she gives up and he releases her.

"Rimuru, why are these students acting so crazy?" Iruma asks sheepishly, scared by the demons aggressively assaulting my invisible wall of protection.

"Beats me. It's awful annoying though."

"Um, yeah. I'm not sure 'annoying' is the word I would use to describe this situation though..." a terrified Iruma adds. He's the most bothered by our current predicament out of the four of us.

"Would you like me to burn these hooligans to a crisp, Master Iruma?" Azz asks, holding a ball of fire in his hands and wearing an excited expression.

"No thanks, Azz. That's not necessary..."

"Heh, I think I have an idea for how to deal with them..." I say, grinning mischievously.

With a wave of my hand, I alter the properties of the barrier.

[[Master, this is very immature of you...]]

Probably, but I don't mind. It's just a bit of harmless fun!

"What did you just do?" Iruma asks.

"Watch." I say as I point at a student charging at the barrier.

The student is sprinting full speed at us before hitting the barrier. Instead of immediately stopping the boy's momentum like a wall, the barrier bows inward. It's flexible and bouncy now. With an added 'boing' sound effect, the student is launched backward as the elastic barrier springs back to its original half-sphere shape. As he's flung down the hallway, he knocks down multiple other crazed students, leaving them in a pile on the floor.

"Hahaha! Wow! That was even funnier than I imagined!" I laugh hysterically as more students get catapulted across the hallway as they attempt to reach the four of us.

"Jeez, Rimuru! You'll do anything for a laugh, won't you!" Iruma says, now laughing with me. I'm happy my joke has cheered him up since he was freaking out a minute ago. All four of us have a good laugh before the joke goes stale.

The crazed students continue their pandemonium, making many of the first-year students their victims. Tieing them up and dragging them away; intimidating them into joining; even using what looks like hypnosis to convince them to follow them. I'm honestly concerned that some of the first-years might be killed! Watching the kids get launched by my barrier was funny, but witnessing the weak get victimized like this has ruined my mood. I decide that it's time to intervene, I don't want to watch some kid get ripped apart by these ravenous beasts.

"You know what? I've had enough of this nonsense! These guys need to chill out!" I say as I step outside the barrier, leaving it around the three even without me inside it.

Iruma POV

Rimuru's gotten pissed to the point of intervening which is never a good thing. I watch her leave the barrier and approach the horde of demons in the hallway around us.

"Hey!" she yells. Suddenly, everyone around us freezes and looks at her with fear in their eyes. I'm not sure what she just did, but it stopped everyone in their tracks.

"Now that I've got your attention, you fools need to calm down! Stop assaulting people and use your words to recruit new members instead! This isn't the way students should act!" she announces. "And you! Put him down! He clearly doesn't want to join your battler!" Rimuru yells, pointing at a large, burly student holding a much smaller one in his gigantic hand. Just a moment ago, the smaller demon had been squirming and calling out for help.

At her command, the enormous, beast-like demon drops the smaller student.

"Thank you! You saved me!" the small one says before scurrying away.

I hear a slow clap and the sound of boots clopping on the hard floor from off in the distance, approaching our location.

"Look! It's the Student Council President!" one demon shouts, pointing in the direction of the sound.

I look over and recognize a familiar demoness; it's Ameri. She's accompanied by a few members of the Student Council, wearing their signature black and red uniforms.

She's the Student Council President!? Since when!?

My jaw drops at the sight of her. She gives off a completely different feel from when we spend time together reading manga. Any softness she shows to me when we're together is nowhere to be seen. Right now she's cold, stern, and scary.

"As much as I hate to admit it, that was impressive." She says to Rimuru.

"Not really, I just called them out on their misbehavior. They were nearly killing some of the first-years and I wasn't gonna stand by and just watch something like that." Rimuru says casually.

"That is easier said than done. I watched the whole thing. Scaring a large group of demons into submission with a single word is not an easy feat."

"I guess...it's not that big of a deal..."

"President! We should recruit her! She shows promise!" one of the Student Council members says after tapping Ameri on the shoulder.

Mysteriously, Ameri scowls in response and shakes her head no.

Does she have something against Rimuru? What happened between them? I wonder to myself.

I know that Rimuru spied on my first meeting with her, somehow, but Ameri shouldn't be aware of that, so I don't get why she's acting this way.

"Now for the main reason I came over here..." Ameri turns to me and walks in my direction. She bumps into Rimuru's barrier, looking surprised as she's knocked back.

I see Rimuru stifles a laugh after watching this.

"Oh, sorry about that! Let me just dispel that thing for you." Rimuru says, chuckling slightly. Ameri scowls at her again in response to Rimuru's amusement.

Ameri then turns her attention to me.

"I would like you to consider joining the Student Council. We will have a room set up for recruitment. I would appreciate it if you would give it a visit. Here's a flier." She says, handing me a sheet of paper. Still, in shock from the realization that Ameri is the President of the Student Council, I just nod my head since I'm at a loss for words. Ameri then abruptly turns around and leaves without me even being able to get a word out.

"I can't believe she's the President..."

"Wait, you didn't know? Seriously!?" Rimuru asks, surprised by my ignorance.

I just shake my head no and Rimuru smiles.

Ameri POV

I did it! I invited him!

Hoping Iruma didn't notice my flushed cheeks, I escape from the oddly stressful situation. Walking back to my office, I'm flustered and my head is spinning with thoughts of excitement and frustration.

I'm happy that I accomplished what I was there for, but I'm also annoyed by what Rimuru did. I can't believe she went and did something that's supposed to be the Student Council's responsibility! Who does she think she is!? I thought we agreed not to interfere with each other's business! I was already nearby, about to intervene when she decided to step into the spotlight and steal my responsibility.

What's worse is that she was so impressive that she wowed one of my subordinates, making them suggest that she joins us! I couldn't believe my ears when he proposed that!

I take a few breaths, realizing how worked up I'm getting.

Calm down Ameri...I doubt she did that on purpose.

Once I calm down, I realize that it's unlikely Rimuru meant to step on my toes like that when she stopped those overly rowdy demons. I let my competitiveness get the better of me at the moment. It probably didn't help that I was so nervous about asking Iruma to join the Student Council.

What is it about that boy that gets me so worked up!? Every time I think about him, I get excited in a strange way...does it have to do with him being human?

I ponder the reason why he affects me differently than any other person I've ever met, but cannot conclude why.

**The Next Day**

Iruma POV

With the insanity of yesterday's 'Rookie Hunt' behind me, I look forward to the trial period for battlers. Us first-years get to go around and check out all the battlers without the pressure of being prey like yesterday.

The four of us wander around, checking out some of the battlers that we're interested in. Rimuru looks like she isn't interested in any of them, frequently staring off into space or...strangely...at my right hand. More specifically, my Gluttonous Feeder ring.

"Hey, Rimuru! Is something wrong with my ring? You keep glancing at it!"

"Huh? No! Nothing's wrong, you don't have anything to worry about!" she replies quickly, attempting to hide that franticness in her voice.

Something's definitely up...

I feel concerned, but I try my best to push that worry to the side so I can check out all of these battlers I need to pick from. Azz and Clara end up wandering off to look at battlers individually, since their interests differ quite a bit, leaving me and Rimuru to continue looking together. After a bit more browsing, I notice a room with the words 'Magical Apparatus Battler' posted on the wall next to the door. Only one name is listed among the members.

"Hey, we should check this one out!" I call out to Rimuru.

"...Are you sure?" she asks cautiously.

"Yeah, why not?" I ask, puzzled by her hesitation.

"Because...oh, never mind. Sure, let's take a look." She reluctantly agrees.

I open the door to find a room that's an absolute disaster. Various devices of unknown purpose are scattered across the floor, many of them being broken. In the middle of the mess kneels one boy who's picking up the pieces spread out around him.

"What happened in here?" I ask.

"Oh! Are you here to check out my battler? I'm so sorry for the mess! Just a few minutes ago, a group of students came in and trashed this place!"

"Do you want some help cleaning up?" I ask, feeling pity for the poor guy.

"I would appreciate it if you did, but don't feel like you have to! Oh, where are my manners? Let me introduce myself. I'm Kiriwo Amy, a third-year and the only member of the Magical Apparatus battler."

"Oh, it's no problem! My name's Iruma and this is..." I say and gesture to my 'sister'.

"...Rimuru." She says in a slightly rude tone with her arms crossed in protest. She doesn't seem happy to be talking to Kiriwo for some reason.

"Come on Rimuru, let's help him out!"

"Suuuuuure..." Rimuru says in a reluctant tone. Something's definitely bothering her since she doesn't normally act so aloof.

The three of us spend a few minutes picking up the mess.

"Why did those students do this to you?"

"I'm weak and don't have much natural magic. This fact makes me an easy target for bullying. It's okay though, I'm used to it. Even my own family has rejected me because of my lack of ability." He responds cheerfully despite the dark subject matter.

So he doesn't have magic, just like me?

"Would you like me to explain what this battler is all about? I'm sure that's why you're here." He says.

"S-sure." I respond hesitantly, thrown a bit by his sudden change of the subject.

"This is the Magical Apparatus battler, we study and make magical devices like the ones you were picking up a moment ago."

"Magical devices, huh?...you mean like this ring?"

Rimuru gives me a dirty look as I hold out my right hand to show him my modified Gluttonous Feeder ring.

"Yes, that's a Gluttonous Feeder ring ain't it! There's something different about it though..." the boy says as he leans in to get a better look.

"Okay, that's enough chit-chat! Iruma, we should get going, there's still more battlers to visit." Rimuru says, sounding irritated. She sharply yanks me away from the boy before he can get a good look at my ring.

"Wait! Rimuru no! I want to keep talking to him!" I yell as I'm forcefully dragged out of the room.

"See ya later!" Kiriwo says with a wave, still smiling. He doesn't seem bothered by the sudden end of our conversation.

Thinking about the boy I just met, I can't help but feel bad for him. He's all alone in his battler, no friends, no love from his family, getting bullied. I used to be similar; back when I was in the human world, I was an outcast. I didn't get to spend enough time at school to make friends, and my parents didn't love me since they took advantage of me before throwing me out like trash. I decide to make this kindred spirit's day and join his battler.

"Hey Rimuru, I think I want to join his battler. He's all lonely and sad..."

"No. I don't think that's a good idea." Rimuru responds in a harsh, stern tone. She almost sounds like a parent talking to their child.

"Why though?"

"Let's just say he gives off a bad vibe. I don't trust him."

"But Rimuruuuuu!"

*sharp sigh* "If you really want to join his group, then I'll let you. I'll be joining with you though, there's no way I'm leaving you alone with him." She says after stopping and letting go of my arm.

The two of us walk back to the room and inform Kiriwo that we're joining his battler. He's absolutely ecstatic at the notion of having new members. Later, when I tell Azz and Clara about my decision, the two decide to join as well. In one day, the Magical Apparatus battler went from having one member to five, much to Kiriwo's excitement.

Rimuru POV

I can't believe out of all the people in this school, Iruma decided to befriend the one demon I didn't want him to. The boy he picked is the same one that I've been keeping an eye on since the start of school.

This is so dangerous for him...

[[I am sure we can manage, Master. You will be right at his side at all times when he is interacting with him. This Kiriwo doesn't pose any threat to you or Iruma.]]

Yeah, but that boy really gives me the creeps. Plus, Iruma will be crushed when he finds out his new buddy is forming an evil plot behind the scenes. I don't know if I want him to go through betrayal like that...

[[It will be a learning experience for him. I predict that everything will turn out fine as long as we keep a close eye on the situation.]]

Kiriwo POV

I watch as my four new members leave for the day. I'm thrilled that I now have some new minions to help me accomplish my long-term goal, but I'm wary of one of them. That one girl, Rimuru, was it? She undeniably dislikes me for some unknown reason. Also, the feeling she gave me seems familiar somehow but I can't seem to put my finger on it. I think I ran into her once in the hallway, but that can't be the reason for this feeling.

The pondering of my sense of deja vu is interrupted by my phone ringing.

"Hello? Big Bro?" I ask.

"How are the preparations coming along?" he asks harshly.

"Things are going smoothly. I have four new members to help me with them so things should go smoothly."

"Good. You better be prepared when the time comes. A lot is riding on your shoulders, Kiriwo. Don't you go and disappoint me!"

"Of course bro! I promise I'll be ready for our grand finale. I've been saving up magic for it for years so there's no way I would let all that preparin' go to waste!"

"Keep me updated on your progress. I need to go now."

"Bye!"

Just as I hang up the phone, I get a feeling that I'm being watched, something I've been feeling frequently for a while now. I swiftly look behind myself and find an empty room. Nobody's watching or listening as far as I can tell.

*sigh* "I'm letting my nerves get to me again..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

154K 3.6K 17
This is the story of Rimuru Tempest, he was the strongest being that ever existed and the oldest. he was bored because he was the only one in the voi...
285K 7.6K 35
(Souei x OC) When Rimuru stumbled across Veldora for the first time in the cave, there was someone unexpected keeping Veldora company. A young, unnam...
133K 3.2K 41
Rimuru Tempest, the King of the Tempest Federation Country, who is also a Slime as well as a member of the Octagram (Eight Star Demon Lord). 24...
5.8K 198 5
I dont own tensei shitara slime datta ken it belongs to fuze Some of it might belong to the game Isekai slime Spoilers! WN and LN I dont own any of...