ALMOST

By popularfanfics

"Let's not even exchange names.. we aren't going to see each other anyway after this.." - Taehyung "Can't we... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Mr. 200 dollars
Chapter 2 - Turtle Rabbit
Chapter 3 - Another coincidence, another embarrassment
Chapter 4 - A Favor
Chapter 5 - Sweets
Chapter 6 - Sleep over
Chapter 7 - Return the favor
Chapter 8 - Something
Chapter 9 - Greater
Chapter 10 - His happiness
Chapter 11 - Similar yet different
Chapter 12 - It was destiny
Chapter 13 - Her family, his home
Chapter 14 - Friendship and Love
Chapter 15 - Five minutes
Chapter 16 - One after another
Chapter 17 - Breaking Up and Breaking Down
Chapter 18 - Time flies
Chapter 19 - Their Past
Chapter 20 - From 'sorry' to 'thank you'
Chapter 21 - That thing called 'ex'
Chapter 22 - Still in love
Chapter 23 - Never Again
Chapter 24 - Don'ts
Chapter 25 - Her question, his answer
Chapter 27 - Returning to him
Chapter 28 - Lovely moments
Chapter 29 - Their very first
Chapter 30 - Till the end

Chapter 26 - Pure and Sincere

777 55 26
By popularfanfics

Taehyung stared at the box of macaroons on top of the table while sitting on the floor.

The box was totally broken and the macaroons became crashed..

He couldn’t even see how pretty she made these for him..

He sighed.

It was supposed to be a good night.. but this all had to happen..

Jisoo sent him away as she hugged his friend in front of him..

He felt his heart squeeze in pain as his eyes followed them entering her house..

Jealous is an understatement to what he’s feeling right now..

It took him a lot courage of to move his feet away from her house.. he wanted to follow them.. he wanted to see what they were doing.. to know what they were talking about..

He put a hand on his forehead as if he had been hit by a headache..

Then he heard the doorbell ring..

He stood up right away to open the door..

Could it be Jisoo? Did she come to see him?

But there was Lisa standing by the door with a paperbag full of medicines.

“What a total mess..” she said sighing upon seeing him. “How old are you to be fighting with RM oppa?”

Taehyung let her in.

“Oppa.. you shouldn’t fight with RM oppa like this.. are you kids? Look at your face! If that leaves a scar then you might not be able to get married and-..”

“Did Jisoo ask you to come here and check on me?” asked Taehyung sitting across her. “Did she.. tell you?”

Lisa nodded.

Jisoo sent her a message half an hour ago begging her to check on him and bring something to help him with the cut on his face..

She can’t believe she chose to look after a grownup man like him over a business meeting!

She will ask him to pay for this in the future!

“Oppa.. let me tell you honestly.. I know you have liked Jisoo since the start and you want her back.. but you should consider her feelings as well..” she said taking a deep breath. “If you continue fighting like this, she would be pressured and might decide to disappear again just like what she did five years ago..”

Taehyung felt the drumming of his heart at the thought of her disappearing from his sight again..

That can’t happen.. it took a lot of years already before she came back.. he isn’t allowing it anymore..

“Why is it.. so difficult to love her?” Taehyung said in a soft voice as his eyes glistened with tears.

Lisa sighed as she sat beside and tapped his back.

“It’s because you don’t want to hurt neither of them..” she said feeling bad for him. “Jisoo.. and RM oppa.. because you both like them..”

They were being silent when another ring of the doorbell was heard.

Lisa went to open the door and was surprised to see Jungkook.

“What are you-..?”

Jungkook hugged her tightly.

“Are you okay? You aren’t hurt?” he asked worriedly as he looked at her face.

Lisa blinked a few times to understand his strange mind.

“Jisoo said you are at Taehyung hyung’s house because you got hurt..” said Jungkook misunderstanding Jisoo’s message.

Lisa pushed him away.

Then she noticed he also has a bag of first aid kit in his hand.

He must have been hella worried then..

He doesn’t even carry a bag at work because he’s too lazy..

“Will you come inside or not?” asked Taehyung impatiently as he watched the romance bloom in front of him. “Or I might ask Lisa to kick you out..”

Jungkook also sat across him as he handed him another bag full of medicines.

“It isn’t like I’m dying or something.. why did you two buy the whole pharmacy?” said Taehyung not believing his eyes.

Lisa and Jungkook chuckled.

Taehyung shook his head in disbelief.

His friends might be annoying but they are always behind him..

And then he thought of Jisoo again..

It seems like she did worry about him by asking his friends to check on him..

———————-

RM took a few calming breaths before facing Jisoo.

“I’m sorry..” he said ashamed of what he did. “I’m sorry.. I was out of my mind..”

He wanted to surprise her that night..

He had bought her a bouquet of flowers after his work but as soon as he arrived in front of her house, he saw his friend kissing the woman he likes..

Jisoo remained silent.

So many things happened during that one second she closed her eyes..

She must have also been out of her mind for letting Taehyung kiss her..

What was she thinking?

Is she announcing to everyone that she’s still in love with her ex?

That’s right.. just like him.. she still loves him.. she has never stopped loving him either..

She was just too stubborn to admit it knowing their situation..

But now she just made it more complicated for everyone by making RM and Taehyung fight because of someone like her..

“Oppa.. did you get hurt?” she asked taking a deep breath as she looked at him. “You also got pushed down.. let me see..”

RM is a good friend.. he helped her a lot in the past.. if it weren’t for him, she might still be in depression right now..

She checked his hands and saw some bruises.

“Let me get something for your hands oppa..” she said turning her back against him.

But she has just taken a step away from him when RM pulled her against him and hugged her tightly.

“I like you Jisoo..” he said whispering to her. “I don’t know if you have noticed it already but.. I like you..”

He was going to tell her about his feelings tonight..

He wanted to confess to her finally..

But it had to turn into this..

Jisoo pulled herself away from him gently.

“RM oppa..” she called him in a soft voice as she lowered her gaze.

“I.. am not ready to open up my heart yet.. I’m sorry..”

RM smiled onesidedly.

“Are you not ready to open up your heart to me.. because.. you already did so to your ex?” he asked looking straight at her eyes. “You still love him, don’t you?”

Jisoo’s eyes quivered as she tried to  hold his gaze.

“If by loving him again.. means that I’m hurting other people.. then I will choose not to love again oppa.. I don’t want to hurt anyone anymore.. and I’m tired of hurting myself too..” she said as her eyes watered.

She has already hurt other people by her mistakes in the past..

And she has also been hurt enough..

She doesn’t want to experience the pain again..

She has been through a lot..

And now that she’s finding happiness in what she does.. now that she has found her place.. she doesn’t want to give it up anymore.. just because of her heart..

“I think you should go home now oppa..” she said turning her back against him as she wiped her tears. “Please go home safely.. and have a good rest..”

RM nodded.

“You too..” he said sighing as he went out of her house.

He got in his car and turned his head to the flowers that were placed on the passenger seat.

He took a deep breath as he continued staring at them.

He didn’t confess to her too early.. and neither too late..

He believed it was all about the timing but.. it turns out that some things.. are just not meant to be..

———————-

Taehyung woke up feeling something heavy on his chest.

Did he sleep beside a pig last night or what?

“Jungkook.. put your leg away..” he said whispering as he kept his eyes closed.

Nothing happened so he pushed him away himself making him fall down from the bed and waking him up.

“Hyung.. when did you wake up?” asked Jungkook still half asleep as he lain himself down on the bed again.

Taehyung sighed.

“Why did you have to sleep here last night?” he asked sitting up and opening his eyes a little.

“Lisa told me to..” said Jungkook covering his face with the blanket. “Why is it so bright in your bedroom? My eyes hurt..”

Taehyung heaved another sigh.

“You should have gone home if you didn’t want to wake up in a bright room..” he said as he turned his head to the side table and looked at the clock.

He shook Jungkook’s arm right away.

“It’s almost 9.. you should hurry up..”

Jungkook got up abruptly and checked his phone.

He’s in trouble!

He needs to be at the company by 9:30 for a meeting!

It’s all because of Lalisa! Did she do it purposely so he would be late today?

“Let me use the bathroom first..” said Jungkook dashing out of his room.

Taehyung chuckled.

It seems like Jungkook will never change..

Thanks to him.. he had other thoughts pass his mind and was not only focused on Jisoo and RM all night..

He checked on his phone to see if Jisoo sent him any message..

But she didn’t..

Was she busy nursing RM hyung all night?

What were they doing?

Did RM hyung spend the night there?

It seems like it does happen quite often..

Are they really comfortable with each other?

He could feel his chest tighten just thinking about the two of them sleeping under the same roof..

He looked at the last message Jisoo had sent her two days ago..

She had asked him to help her bake some cupcakes for tonight..

Can he still come?

Will she let him come?

Or.. doesn’t she need him anymore?

———————-

Jisoo kept on looking at the clock continuously.

It was almost 6 pm..

Why does she feel nervous?

Is he going to show up or not?

Maybe she shouldn’t have asked him at all.. but she didn’t know it herself that it would become like this..

How could she have known that Taehyung was going to kiss her last night? And that RM was going to witness that?

She feels like a bad girl for being caught in between two long time friends..

She was reminded by that night five years ago when Taehyung punched RM because of her too..

And now it was RM who threw a punch on him..

She sighed.

Did.. Taehyung get hurt badly?

She saw he had some bruise on his cheek last night..

What if he gets a scar?

Lisa did tell her he was fine and that he got it treated right away..

But she’s still worried about him..

He isn’t the type to fight but he always gets into one because of her..

She was still thinking to herself when the door opened and there entered Taehyung..

He came in at exactly 6 pm..

Was he making a countdown outside or what?

Jisoo looked at him closely and noticed he had a bandaid on his right cheek right under his eye..

She looked away as soon as she realized she has been staring at him for too long.

What should she do now? How should she act?

She was being this nervous while Taehyung was casually putting on an apron as he approached her by the counter.

“What.. should I help you with?” he asked softly.

Jisoo flinched as if she had ben surprised by him.

“Ohh.. you can stay here while I prepare the ingredients needed in the kitchen..” she said unable to look at him.

She must look like a fool now..

Why can’t she even make an eye contact with her?

She’s making it more obvious to him that she does feel awkward after that kiss..

She was about to leave him when she heard Mike’s voice calling her..

“Dad?” she was surprised to see him coming inside the shop with some other ahjussis with him.

She went to greet them.

“This is my daughter..” said Mike introducing her to his friends. “I told you she’s pretty, didn’t I?”

Jisoo bowed her head embarrassedly and lead them to an empty table.

Dad is always proud of her no matter what she does..

He has been bragging about her to everyone in their neighborhood..

“My daughter makes the best cakes.. she studied in Paris and-..”

Jisoo kept her head lowered as she felt too shy.

When will dad stop his praises?

She was still standing before them when Taehyung came over and brought some drinks..

“Taehyung!” called Mike as he rose on his feet. “What are you doing here?”

“I help Jisoo out during my free time..” said Taehyung bowing.

Jisoo’s eyes widened.

If he says it like that, her dad is definitely going to misunderstand it!

“I needed a part-timer that’s why-..”

She was going to explain herself when all of her dad’s friends started speaking one by one..

“Is he the man you’re talking about? The man you want for your daughter?”

“They look good together..”

“Don’t forget to invite me on their wedding..”

“I bet they will have some good looking babies just like their parents..”

Jisoo could hear all of these echoing inside her head.

They kept on being repeated into her ears.. while being reminded of the past..

Five years ago.. the two of them did plan to get married and have kids..

That future they were talking about that time.. is the present.. yet none of those things happened..

And they might never happen to them..

“I’ll go to the kitchen..” said Taehyung whispering to her before excusing himself.

Jisoo’s eyes followed him.

Did he.. also think of the past? Or is it just her?

She shook her head to ger rid of those thoughts..

Why did she even bother?

It isn’t like it’s going to change anything now..

She sighed a little before turning back to Mike and his friends.

Mike noticed she looked unhappy making him worried.

He asked her to talk to him outside quickly..

“Did something happen to my daughter?” he asked holding her arms. “Why do you look pale today? Did you have a fight with someone?”

Jisoo shook her head.

“Nothing.. maybe I’m just tired from work..” she answered lowering her gaze. “How about you and mom? How is the coffeeshop these days?”

“Your mom is quite good at handling the shop alone that she sends me out so I wouldn’t bother her..”

Jisoo chuckled.

“You should join your friends now dad.. make sure to eat anything you want.. tell me if there’s anything else you’d like..” she said as she held his hand to go back inside.

But Mike held still with both hands making her stop.

“I know I’m not your real dad.. and I might go beyond my place when I say things about your life and future.. I’m sorry Jisoo..” he said in a soft voice. “You should live life the way you want instead of thinking of and listening to others.. your happiness comes first.. remember that, okay?”

Jisoo smiled as she nodded her head.

Live her life the way she wants..

Her happiness comes first..

She will remember those..

————————

It was almost the time to close the shop and Jisoo hasn’t seen Taehyung come out of the kitchen yet.

She was also busy attending the customers that’s why she couldn’t even check on him..

Is he.. doing fine by himself?

He didn’t ask her anything..

Well.. it doesn’t seem like he burned anything.. she can only smell some freshly and deliciously baked cupcakes..

She was organizing the cups when Taehyung came out startling her.

A cup fell on the floor and broke into pieces..

“I’m too clumsy..” she said to herself as she quickly tried to pick them up but Taehyung pulled her up immediately.

“Let me do it.. you’re gonna hurt yourself..” he said as he picked them up himself.

Jisoo sighed.

Are his fingers not the same as hers? Won’t he get hurt while she will?

And as expected, Taehyung got his thumb pricked by a fragment.

“That’s why you shouldn’t have picked them up yourself either!” she said raising her tone as she felt frustrated.

Taehyung quickly washed his hand and took some tissues to wipe his thumb with..

Thankfully, it wasn’t a deep cut and it stopped bleeding right away.

Jisoo was looking at him with her brows knit together.

“It didn’t hurt..” said Taehyung reassuring her. “I wasn’t hurt so stop looking at me like that and-..”

“How many times are you going to get yourself hurt because of me?” she asked breathing loudly. “You got burned the other time.. you got your finger pricked just now and last night.. you got a bruise on your face.. all because of me..”

Taehyung held her stare.

She spoke about it finally..

He thought she was avoiding the topic because she didn’t want to talk about them..

He was afraid she’d just say to forget it..

But Jisoo was really avoiding to open up the topic..

She took a deep breath before going to the kitchen by herself.

Why does she suddenly feel emotional?

He wasn’t saying anything yet she mentioned useless things making the situation even more awkward!

But as soon as she entered the kitchen, her mouth fell open as she saw all the work he made by himself..

There’s practically nothing to be done anymore except for putting all the cupcakes inside the box..

Taehyung followed her a few moments later..

Now how is she supposed to act?

She raised her voice at him a minute ago..

And now she feels grateful..

“Since you made all of these by yourself.. I will clean here and wash the dishes..” said Jisoo turning to him. “I mean.. you should go home and rest.. you already did too much..”

Taehyung just stayed still on his place.

The kitchen is a mess.. she might not be able to finish it before midnight if he leaves her..

In the end, he helped her clean and put everything back into their place.

Jisoo felt embarrassed for making him do all the work..

The salary she will give him might not be enough for a hardworking person like him..

“Thank you..” she said smiling as she opened a cabinet above the counter. “You.. helped me a lot..”

“I am supposed to help you.. aren’t I?” said Taehyung smiling a little.

He has a lot to tell her.. a lot to ask her..

But he was never able to do so during the whole evening..

He was staring blankly at her when he saw the bag of flour she had just put on the cabinet was about to fall on her head..

“Jisoo.. careful of the-..”

He couldn’t even say anything yet it has already fallen..

Thank goodness it didn’t fall at once but little by little..

Jisoo gasped.

She has just turned into a white lady!

Her hair.. her face.. her clothes.. she’s become a human flour!

Taehyung quickly walked towards her and wiped off the flour starting from her hair..

He couldn’t even see her lashes and brows because they all turned white..

He bit his lips to prevent himself from smiling as he looked at her pouting..

She looks like a baby ghost for some reason..

“Do I look that funny?” asked Jisoo seeing his reaction. “I can’t even get mad because it was my fault..”

And a few seconds later, it started raining flour again.. and this time, it was Taehyung who got himself covered in white..

It seems like the bag of flour wasn’t emptied out yet..

Jisoo chuckled.

“I’m sorry.. I didn’t want to laugh at you but you look like a grandpa..” she said laughing as she held her stomach. “Why does it look so funny on you?”

She continued laughing making Taehyung feel like he’s in a trance..

That smile and that voice were like healing him inside..

Just watching her laughing was enough for him to forget the pain he  was feeling last night..

Jisoo held his hand and walked with him towards the sink.

“Let’s wash our faces.. we might get an allergy or something..” she said washing her face first.

Then she turned to him.

“You got a bandaid on your cheek.. let me wash your face instead..” she said as she held his chin with a hand while the other wiped his face gently.

Taehyung could feel his heart drumming at every touch of hers on him..

From his forehead to the bridge of his nose.. then his eyes.. his cheeks and lastly.. his lips..

“Wait a second.. you still got some on your upper lip..” said Jisoo wiping it with her thumb.

Then she pulled herself away from him and chuckled yet again.

“You don’t look like a grandpa anymore oppa-..”

She covered her mouth for accidentally addressing him as ‘oppa’ instead of ‘Professor Kim’..

Her mind must have gone insane again!

But Taehyung wasn’t even listening to her anymore..

His focus was on those perfectly carved lips of hers..

His eyes were fixed there as if he had been hypnotized..

“Why? Do I still.. look funny?” asked Jisoo pursing her lips as she caught him staring at her in silence. “What is it-..?”

Then she saw his face in front of hers before letting their lips touch.. his hands were on her waist..

Jisoo automatically put her hands against his chest almost pushing him but not quite.

His kiss wasn’t gentle. She was surprised.

He opened her mouth with his tongue, invading her angrily.. passionately..

Jisoo gasped.

They shared a lot of kisses before but he never kissed this hard..

She should have pushed him away at this point.. but she didn’t..

She closed her eyes as her hands travelled around his neck making their bodies closer.. their chests almost touching..

Taehyung dragged his lips to her cheeks giving her wet kisses until his mouth reached down her throat.. where he bit her gently causing her to sigh..

His hands tightened the grip on her waist as his tongue tasted her skin..

He wanted to kiss every part of her.. let his lips run on her..

He pulled away a little and saw the flush creeping up her neck.. her eyes staring at his.. her lips parted as she waited to be kissed again..

And he did..

He kissed her more.. and even more.. as he slowly pushed her against the wall..

Jisoo stood on her toes to kiss him.. fitting her mouth to his.. savoring him..

She remembers this taste.. this feeling..

Taehyung lowered his hands to her hips as he urged her up by lifting them a little..

He savored and consumed her, with an even more aggressive kiss than he had given her earlier..

It made Jisoo’s knees go weak.. her bones turned fluid by its intensity..

She could feel the tip of his tongue slid past her teeth.

She held onto him more tightly as she inhaled sharply and tilted her head back in surrender..

Taehyung went back on kissing her cheeks and slowly his mouth slid to the back of her ears.. to her earlobe.. biting and suckling it softly..

And when her mouth fell open in a gasp, Taehyung reclaimed her lips.. the kiss turning into a gentle one.. brushing their lips together.. exchanging sweet kisses.. until they stopped..

Taehyung put his forehead against hers as the two of them breathed heavily..

He slowly put her down but without letting go of her yet..

Jisoo looked up at him and withdrew her hands from his neck.. unable to say anything.. unable to move an inch away from him..

What.. did she just do with him?

Did she.. really kiss him?

There was a moment of silence as they looked at each other until she spoke..

“It was a mistake..” she said covering her lips with a hand.

Then she pushed him away forcefully as she walked past him..

“A mistake?” Taehyung was just behind her. “Do you call our love.. a mistake?”

Jisoo turned to him with red eyes as she refrained herself from shedding tears.

“What?” she asked gritting her teeth. “What are you saying-..?”

“You love me.. you still do Jisoo..” said Taehyung walking towards her.

Jisoo’s eyes quivered and soon her tears fell.

“I know you still love me too..” Taehyung continued. “But you’re lying because you don’t want to hurt RM hyung.. you.. don’t want to hurt anyone.. because that’s you..”

Jisoo turned her head away.

“I don’t understand what you’re saying.. so just-..”

“You did the same five years ago.. you broke up with me.. because you wanted to protect me.. you chose to hurt yourself instead of hurting me..” Taehyung held her face with his hands. “You purposely left the university because you didn’t want me to suffer..”

Jisoo looked back at him.

How did he know about it? Who told him? When did he know?

She was still thinking to herself when she felt his lips on her forehead.

That kiss melted her.. and her eyes teared up even more..

His kisses were her source of comfort back then..

They were home to her.. she felt safe whenever he did it for her..

She wanted to pull him into her arms and hug him tightly...

She wanted to feel his warm chest against hers..

But she pushed him away instead..

“Don’t do this.. the two of us.. are over five years ago.. I don’t love you anymore unlike what you’re saying.. so please-..”

“Then do you love RM hyung?” asked Taehyung looking straight into her eyes.

Jisoo didn’t answer.

“I’m asking if you love RM hyung..” said Taehyung again as he took a deep breath.

“And what if I do?” Jisoo said as she lifted her chin. “What if.. I love him?”

Taehyung clenched his jaw as his tears threatened to fall.

“Then date him..”

It was barely a whisper.

Jisoo’s throat moved fast.

Date him? His friend?

Is that supposed to be a threat?  Does he want to challenge her?

What is he saying?

“If by dating RM hyung.. you will stay where you are.. and not run away from me like you did five years ago.. then just date him Jisoo..” he said as his tears fell one after another. “I’d prefer to see you happy with another man.. rather than not seeing you at all.. I will watch you from afar if that’s what you want.. but please.. don’t go anywhere else anymore..”

Jisoo felt her chest wrench in pain as she heard those words from him.

Saying he is willing to let her go to another man while he watches her from afar.. it just shows how much he loves her.. how much he cares for her..

His love has always been pure.. his heart has always been sincere to her..

“Go home safely..” said Taehyung walking past her and going out of the door.

Jisoo covered her face with her hands as she cried her heart out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.6K 453 24
"I-I am sorry p-professor Jeon.... I will surely pay y-you back for this. Please forgive me" You said tears in your eyes and were nervous because of...
3.5K 420 22
Taehyung and Jisoo had been inlove. HAD. Things didnt work out. That's just that. Jisoo took it all the pain and moved on. Taehyung accepted everyth...
1.3M 65K 36
As Professor Taehyung ventures in a relationship with his student, Jeon Jungkook, he is aware of the consequences... but is he ready to face them? **...
49.3K 1.9K 15
🏅Highest Rank Reached🏅 #1 taesoo #2 vsoo #4 jisoo 📜Short Story📜 "I wanted to be the best wife to you.." Jisoo "If you knew I was in love with her...