ALMOST

By popularfanfics

"Let's not even exchange names.. we aren't going to see each other anyway after this.." - Taehyung "Can't we... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Mr. 200 dollars
Chapter 2 - Turtle Rabbit
Chapter 3 - Another coincidence, another embarrassment
Chapter 4 - A Favor
Chapter 5 - Sweets
Chapter 6 - Sleep over
Chapter 7 - Return the favor
Chapter 8 - Something
Chapter 9 - Greater
Chapter 10 - His happiness
Chapter 11 - Similar yet different
Chapter 12 - It was destiny
Chapter 13 - Her family, his home
Chapter 14 - Friendship and Love
Chapter 15 - Five minutes
Chapter 16 - One after another
Chapter 17 - Breaking Up and Breaking Down
Chapter 18 - Time flies
Chapter 19 - Their Past
Chapter 20 - From 'sorry' to 'thank you'
Chapter 21 - That thing called 'ex'
Chapter 22 - Still in love
Chapter 23 - Never Again
Chapter 24 - Don'ts
Chapter 26 - Pure and Sincere
Chapter 27 - Returning to him
Chapter 28 - Lovely moments
Chapter 29 - Their very first
Chapter 30 - Till the end

Chapter 25 - Her question, his answer

819 55 56
By popularfanfics

Jisoo held her hands tight on her chest as she stared at the ceiling of her bedroom.

Her heart keeps beating fast and she isn’t able to sleep because of it..

Professor Kim.. Taehyung.. that man is making her stay up all night because of what he did and said to her at the shop..

What does he mean by everything he said?

What was it? She shouldn’t.. go on a date with another man? She shouldn’t leave him again?

What was he trying to say? How can he not explain it further?

She sighed as she covered her face with the blanket.

It’s almost midnight and her mind is still fully awake..

What should she do now?

She was rolling herself on the bed when her phone vibrated.

A message came just now.. who could it be at this time?

She reached her hand to the table and held her phone to read it..

“Are you already asleep?”

It was from Taehyung..

Should she answer him or not? Why would he ask her if she’s already asleep?

“Not yet..”

She replied after hesitating a little.

Then Taehyung sent her a message again making her sit up on the bed immediately.

“Open the door for me..”

Open the door? He doesn’t mean.. that he’s outside her door now, right?

She went out and checked to see if he was really there.

Her mouth fell open..

“Chicken feet..” said Taehyung showing her a plastic bag as soon as Jisoo opened the door. “Do you want some?”

Jisoo’s brows narrowed.

Well.. this is quite confusing..

He wants her to have some chicken feet at this time of the night?

All of a sudden?

“Can I.. come in?” asked Taehyung shyly as he tried looking at her

His heart is acting wild and he is unable to sleep either so he went out and had a walk around the neighborhood.

Jisoo’s face came to his mind right away as soon as he saw these chicken feet and so he decided to see her and bring these to her..

Jisoo let him in.

Since he came all the way here, she cannot just send him away, that will be rude..

“What’s with chicken feet at this time?” she asked as they sat in the living room.

She still honestly feels shy after that backhug but she doesn’t want them to be awkward..

“You like them..” said Taehyung lowering his gaze. “Jhope told me you like them.. that’s why I bought them..”

Jisoo became silent for a moment before smiling.

“That’s right.. the three of us ate chicken feet together at your house..” she said to herself.

Then she stood up and put her hands on her waist.

“How about I get some soju as well? Just like what Jhope always did?” she said smiling.

Her late friend always brought soju to their table whenever they ate together..

He was such a drunkard!

“You know I pass out after a few glasses.. I don’t think I should drink..” said Taehyung refusing right away.

He doesn’t want the same thing to happen on the first night they met.

Who knows what he might do this time that he is totally in love with her?

“You can drink a glass or two and I’ll drink the rest..” said Jisoo insisting. “Don’t worry about me because I drink really well.. you know that too..”

Taehyung just nodded his head.

She suddenly looked excited at the mention of Jhope..

He cannot seem to refuse her anymore..

Jisoo came back with two bottles of soju.

She would have wanted to bring more but she only had two of them!

She poured him just one glass as she promised while she started eating her favorite food.

“I haven’t eaten these in a while.. thank you..” she said smiling broadly.

Eating what she likes boosts her energy all the time!

These chicken feet made her mood really good!

“You should eat them as well..” she said as she gave him two of them. “Eating alone makes me sad..”

Taehyung smiled as he gladly took them.

Coming here was a good choice after all..

He got to see this rare view of her being genuinely happy.. he doesn’t need to be jealous either because it’s only the two of them..

Jisoo has finished a whole bottle by herself already taking him by surprise.

Does she think it’s water or what?

When did she even finish that?

He was just thinking to himself a moment ago and it’s all gone..

He knows she can handle alcohol quite well but that doesn’t mean she can drink like that!

“You’ll get yourself drunk if you continue like this Jisoo..” he said taking the other bottle away.

Jisoo shook her head.

“No.. I’m not drunk.. give it back to me..” she said as she started to feel a little dizzy.

Is the alcohol kicking in already? She used to drink 3 bottles before and she was fine though..

Is it because she’s getting old?

Or maybe because she hasn’t drank like this in a long time..

Taehyung gave it back to her thinking she was still okay.

But maybe he shouldn’t have..

“Chicken..” Jisoo was smiling while continuously saying the exact same thing. “I really like chicken..”

Taehyung sighed.

“You finished all of them.. there’s nothing left..” he said as he tried to take the bag away but Jisoo held his hands.

She wrinkled her brows as if she were trying to scare him.

“There’s still one left..” she said pulling it back. “You think you can fool me just because I drank a little, don’t you?”

Taehyung chuckled.

She shouldn’t brag about her ability to drink well anymore..

She’s totally a mess now..

She would regret this once she becomes sober..

Jisoo raised the last chicken feet with a hand and turned to face him completely.

“If you want this.. I can give it to you.. but you have to answer my question..” she said looking serious.

Taehyung raised his brows together.

She looks cute when drunk but at the same time funny..

Should he smile or not?

What does she want to ask in exchange of the last chicken?

“What’s the question?” he asked smiling already anticipating what she was about to say.

But he might have expected anything but this..

“Do you still love me?” asked Jisoo softly as she put her hands down.

Taehyung’s throat moved fast.

The question.. was far from what he had thought of..

He almost forgot.. that the drunk Jisoo says things without fear.. that she becomes a lot braver than how she really is whenever she drinks..

She must have been thinking about what he said to her at the shop..

He must have confused her a lot..

He knows he wasn’t really direct and straightforward when he said those things..

But he has a reason why he hasn’t told her yet that he still loves her..

It’s because he wants to wait for her to become ready to be in a relationship with him again..

He wants to take it slow and not burden her with his feelings..

He doesn’t want her to be awkward and uncomfortable..

He wants her to realize it for herself.. he wants her to learn about her feelings for him again..

“Don’t answer if you don’t want then..” said Jisoo sighing as she turned her head away from him. “I will not give it to you..”

Taehyung was just looking at her as his mind drifted away.

Jisoo glanced at him again.

“What are you looking at? You.. want my chicken, don’t you?” she said pursing her lips.

Taehyung cleared his throat as soon as he came back to his senses.

“You can eat it yourself.. don’t worry about me and-..”

He gasped as Jisoo suddenly put the chicken on his cheek surprising him.

“Have this..” said Jisoo smiling. “You can have my last chicken..”

Taehyung pulled himself a little and held her hands tightly making the chicken fall down the floor.

“Chicken..” Jisoo frowned as her eyes went to the abandoned chicken feet. “Poor chicken..”

“That’s why you should have just eaten it..” said Taehyung shaking his head as he looked at her. “Now there’s really nothing left..”

Jisoo smiled wide as she stared at his eyes making him confused.

Why is she suddenly looking at him with those beautiful eyes?

“Chicken.. there’s another one..” she said as she pointed at him with her lips.

Taehyung blinked a few times.

By another chicken.. she doesn’t mean.. him, right?

And he remained frozen when he felt something warm and damp on his cheek.

He held his breath.

What just.. happened?

And he almost had a heart attack when Jisoo let her tongue run on his cheek.. licking all the chicken sauce on it while Taehyung was having the biggest temptation of his life..

Goosebumps.. every little pore on his body has just opened.. his hair rising.. the heat crawling.. and he felt himself melting.. in every part.. literally..

Jisoo pulled herself away and gave him another wide smile while pointing at him with her finger.

“Now it’s really finished..” she said wetting her lips while looking at his eyes.

Taehyung gulped nervously.

She shouldn’t be doing this to him..

When did she get so dangerous when drunk?

He sat further from her before standing up in a hurry.

He has to go home.. he needs to leave this place before anything happens..

Jisoo also rose on her feet and almost lost her balance.

He held her by her arms to help her stand straight.

“Where are you going?” asked Jisoo curious. “You.. are leaving me?”

Taehyung nodded.

“I’ll go home and sleep now.. you too.. you should go to sleep..” he said stuttering.

Jisoo nodded.

“That’s right.. I need to sleep.. and the chicken needs to sleep as well..” she said as she covered her cheeks with her hands.

“Go now..” said Taehyung watching her. “Go to your room and lock the door.. I’m afraid you’d-..”

Jisoo held his hand tightly.

“Let’s go and lock the door..” she said in a serious tone. “I’ll make sure the chicken can’t go out..”

Taehyung was about to pull his hand away when she suddenly dragged her to her room.

“No.. not me.. you shouldn’t bring me to your room like this and-..” he was still explaining things to her when she locked the room and pushed him to her bed.

Jisoo jumped on the bed as well and trapped him in between her thighs.

“Now.. the chicken should sleep..” she said smiling down at him.

Taehyung was breathing in and out trying to control his mindset.

He cannot give in like this..

Jisoo isn’t in her right mind right now..

But.. what’s with the chicken anyway? Is he the chicken or what? Why does she keep saying chicken?

Then he heard her say it again..

“Chicken..”  she said it softly as she looked at him from his head.. to his throat.. down to his chest.. and lower to his stomach.. and even lower.. making him sweat..

“Jisoo..” he called her loudly as he held her arms and flipped her down the bed making her lay under him then..

“You.. shouldn’t test me like this.. I beg you..”

Jisoo became silent.

Her eyes thinned as if trying to recognise him.

And a few seconds later..

“Professor Kim?” she said smiling a little. “It’s you.. Professor Kim, right?”

Taehyung heaved a sigh.

Did she get her senses back?

No.. she didn’t..

Jisoo grabbed him by his collar and pulled him down to her making their bodies touch.

“Jisoo.. no.. this isn’t right.. please stop-..” Taehyung was in panic as he tried to get up but then he felt her arms wrapping around his back tightly.

He stopped resisting and found himself still in her embrace.

“I.. wanted to see you again..” said Jisoo whispering. “I have.. been thinking about meeting you again..”

Taehyung lifted his head up so he could see her face.

He gulped.

Her face was too close to his.. their noses were almost touching.. and she was looking at him with wistful eyes making his heart melt..

And a few seconds later, he saw her eyes watering..

“Your parents.. if only.. I could turn back time.. if only.. I could go back to that day..” said Jisoo tearing up.

Taehyung felt his chest tighten hearing her talk about his parents again.

He told her to forget it.. and to forgive herself.. but she must still be having a hard time..

He propped himself on one elbow while his other hand wiped her tears gently.

Jisoo took a deep breath as she continued speaking.

“I wish.. I could have died in their place.. so you can be happy.. so you can be with them.. I wish.. I was the one who died that day..”

Taehyung shook his head as he caressed her cheek softly.

“Don’t say that.. everything is in the past now Jisoo.. don’t blame yourself for it anymore..” he said softly as he put his forehead against hers.

Jisoo put a hand on his chest and rubbed it gently.

“Your heart.. is always warm.. you are always kind..” she said looking at her hand on his chest. “I hope you could resent me even for a little.. for doing such thing.. so I could feel less guilty.. but you’re too nice.. you have always been.. and that’s what breaks my heart..”

Then she slowly closed her eyes.

Taehyung held her hand on his chest squeezing it a little.

“How can I resent you.. when you’re the one who keeps me going? You don’t need to feel guilty anymore.. my parents.. are long gone.. and the greatest gift they ever gave me was.. saving you that day.. when they turned the car to avoid you.. it’s you Jisoo..” he said it in a low voice before kissing her on her temple for a long time.

“I love you.. I have only loved you..”

————————-

Jisoo could feel something warm wrapping around her body.

Did she turn her electric blanket on last night?

Maybe thanks to that, she slept really well..

She moved a little and felt her fingers touching something soft and smooth yet lean and.. muscular?

She opened her eyes and saw a man’s abdomen before her..

Her hand was on top it..

Wait.. this must be a dream..

But why is she seeing such a beautiful image in her dream?

Is she feeling too lonely these days?

But still.. isn’t this view amazingly delicious?

Should she touch once more?

She won’t be able to see such nice abs when she wakes up!

She caressed it gently and let her fingers run on it..

She smiled to herself..

It feels too realistic that she doesn’t want to wake up yet..

Then she heard a soft yet manly sigh..

She stopped and pulled her hand right away.

What was it? Why did she hear someone?

She was still figuring out the situation when she felt the man’s chest heaving as he took another deep breath.

Her eyes widened.

It shouldn’t feel this realistic if this is only a dream..

She looked up and saw Taehyung’s eyes opening slowly.

“W-what is.. happening here?” she asked loudly as she got up and looked at herself immediately.

Thank goodness, she is wearing clothes.. but why is Taehyung topless?

And.. were they sleeping like that the whole night? And she was hugging and touching him like crazy?

“You.. are now awake..” said Taehyung slowly sitting up.

Jisoo took a pillow and hit him with it.

“What did you do? Why are you on my bed?” she asked as she continued hitting him. “What happened to me.. to us?

Taehyung held her arms.

“Calm down..” he said catching his breath after being beaten up by her. “I knew you’d misunderstand but please calm down first..”

Jisoo frowned even more.

How can she calm down when she woke up next to him on her bed after-..?

Oh.. she drank last night.. that’s right.. she took out two bottles of soju but how come she doesn’t remember anything after emptying one bottle?

“Do you remember now?” asked Taehyung softly as he put her hands down.

Jisoo looked at him and slowly.. she started recalling the embarassing episodes she made last night..

“You kept on calling me chicken last night..” said Taehyung complaining. “And you.. you vomitted on my shirt that’s why I had to take it off.. I was busy cleaning and washing the whole night..”

That’s right.. after putting her to sleep on her bed, he was going to leave her but she woke up again and started calling him “chicken” again!

She was having fun running after him as if she were actually catching a real chicken and all of a sudden, she puked on him..

“Chicken?” Jisoo covered her mouth as her eyes widened in shock.

She remembers now.. she even licked the sauce on his cheek last night and brought him to her room like a mad woman!

“I’m sorry..” she said lowering her gaze shameful of what she did. “I’m really sorry..”

Taehyung heaved a sigh.

Good thing she remembers it herself.. he didn’t want any misunderstanding about this..

“You.. shouldn’t drink anymore..” he said holding her chin up. “Not even by yourself.. you became another person last night.. you kept on  teasing and I.. I had a really hard time controlling myself.. that’s why you cannot drink like that anymore.. you’ve become far worse than me..”

Jisoo pursed her lips just like a little girl being scolded by her parents for making a mess.

It isn’t like she wanted to be drunk last night.. and doesn’t he know that she only drank a little?

She must have only been too comfortable with him that’s why her screws became loose too soon!

“But.. have you been working out all these years?” said Jisoo pointing at his body.

Taehyung’s cheeks flushed red.

He cleared his throat as he covered his chest with his hands feeling embarrassed.

“I was.. always like this.. you just didn’t get to see it before..” he said lowering his gaze.

Jisoo scoffed.

“You were half naked when we met for the first time though..” she said turning her head away from him.

Both of them were still feeling shy when they heard the doorbell ring.

“I think.. someone pressed the doorbell..” said Taehyung knitting his brows together.

Jisoo turned to him.

“You.. heard it too? It wasn’t my imagination, was it?”

Taehyung nodded.

“What day is it today?” asked Jisoo thinking deeply.

“It was Saturday yesterday.. so it’s Sunday today..”

Jisoo gasped.

“Why? What is it? What happened?” asked Taehyung taken aback.

“Mom and dad are here..” said Jisoo standing up and grabbing him by his arm. “Hide yourself.. you need to hide yourself or else they will misunderstand the situation..”

Taehyung looked confused.

Jhope’s parents came?

Can’t she just introduce him to them? He also wants to meet them..

Jisoo opened a cabinet.

“Here.. you should stay here and not make any noise until they go away..” she said frantically.

Taehyung was forced to get inside the cabinet full of her dresses.

He sighed a little..

Does he really need to hide like this? When he’s half naked?

But he has to say.. this is quite fun and thrilling..

He smiled as heard Jisoo’s voice talking to them.

“Mom.. dad..” she called them as she breathed heavily after running to open the door.

Mirae and Mike looked surprise to see her.

“What happened to you? Why were you running?” asked Mirae as they came inside.

Jisoo took a deep breath.

“I was just in a hurry to see you..” she said smiling as she helped them carry the groceries.

The two of them would usually bring her some groceries on Sunday morning before going to Jhope’s grave which is out of town at the moment.

“I bought my daughter her favorite chocolate milk..” said Mike as he kissed her on her cheek.

Then he looked at her for a second.

“Why do you smell like a man’s perfume?” he asked making Jisoo gulp.

It must be Taehyung’s perfume.. she must have gotten his scent after sleeping so close to him the whole night..

“I’m into men’s perfume these days..” she said laughing awkwardly.

Mike let out a chuckle.

“I thought it was your boyfriend’s.. I would have killed him had it been true..”

Jisoo just smiled.

“Aigoo.. stop saying those things to her!” said Mirae hitting Mike’s arm. “How will she start dating when you keep on threatening her like this?”

Mirae held Jisoo’s face with her hands.

“I’ll be back after I go to the bathroom, okay?” she said leaving her husband and Jisoo alone.

Mike was going to the kitchen to organize the groceries when he noticed something on the floor.

“Why is there a chicken feet here?” he asked looking at Jisoo whose eyes widened upon hearing the word ‘chicken’..

Then Mike also saw two bottles of soju on the table.

“Did you drink last night?”

Jisoo cleared her throat.

Why did she leave all the evidence here? She should have cleaned them at least!

She was lowering her gaze to the floor while regretting drinking last night when she heard Mike..

“Daughter.. whose shoes are these?”

Jisoo looked at him immediately and gasped as soon as she saw where he was pointing at..

“These are.. men’s shoes..” said Mike suddenly looking serious. “Tell me the truth.. did you have a male guest last night whom you drank with?”

Jisoo’s throat moved fast.

Dad said he’d kill her boyfriend if he came at her house..

Then what more.. if it wasn’t her boyfriend.. but her ex instead..

She was being nervous in front of Mike when Mirae came out of the bathroom..

“Honey.. did you leave a shirt here last time? Our daughter even washed it and hung it in the bathroom.. how could you-..?

Jisoo covered her mouth.

It must be Taehyung’s shirt..

He said he washed it because she puked on him..

There was just silence between them until they heard a sneeze coming from inside Jisoo’s room.

Mike walked towards there immediately while Jisoo pulled his arm.

“Dad.. where are you going? Why are you-..?”

“I definitely heard a man’s voice just now..” said Mike as his eyes shot fire.

Mirae was confused but she did hear a sneeze as well.

The three of them went inside her room and heard someone sniffing.

Jisoo looked pale as she stared at her cabinet.

It seems like.. Taehyung is about to be grilled today..

There’s no way to escape this..

Mike took a hanger and slowly went to the front of the cabinet where Taehyung was.

Jisoo covered her eyes with her hands.

She can’t see this.. she doesn’t want to witness it..

She heard the cabinet opening and was ready to hear Mike’s anger but..

“You.. young man..” said Mike in a soft voice.

“Ahjussi..” said Taehyung.

Jisoo put her hands down and opened her eyes slowly.

Before them stood Taehyung who was wearing one of her pink dresses.

She would have wanted to laugh at him but her fear took over her..

Taehyung bowed his head deeply and greeted Mike and Mirae politely.

“You are that young man at the supermarket, right?” said Mike smiling happily as he hugged him.

Jisoo heaved a sigh.

It seems like her dad and Taehyung have met already..

Thank goodness she didn’t witness her dad beating him up..

Taehyung explained the situation calmly to Mirae and Mike who seemed to have believed him.

“So he was the man you were talking about?” asked Mirae. “The man who found your wallet?”

Mike nodded.

“I told you he was a handsome man.. I would have wanted to let him meet our daughter but they know each other already..” he said smiling warmly at Taehyung who was keeping his head low.

Jisoo found it weird that Mike would like him..

He doesn’t really like the idea of her meeting men and always tells her that he won’t let any of them marry her..

“I was.. also a friend of Jhope..” said Taehyung softly. “I’m sorry for only hearing about what happened to him recently..”

Mike and Mirae went silent.

“Jhope slept at his house during his last stay in Seoul..” said Jisoo smiling. “The two of them became quite close.. although they fought a lot..”

She chuckled as she remembered how they bickered at the start.

Jhope had the power to annoy anyone even the super kind Professor Kim!

Mirae stood up and held Taehyung’s hands.

“Thank you for showing your kindness to our late son..” she said almost in tears.

Mike let out a sigh.

He would have wanted Jhope to meet a friend like him once in his life and he’s happy that the two of them really met..

After the four of them had breakfast together, Mirae and Mike left Jisoo’s house.

“I like him for Jisoo..” said Mike whispering to his wife.

Mirae turned to him as if she had heard a shocking news.

“I thought you didn’t want her to get married..” she said smiling.

Mike sighed.

“I don’t know why but I liked him for our daughter ever since I saw him.. maybe our son whispered something to me telling me he was a good man..”

Mirae chuckled.

“Our Jhope did?” she said taking a deep breath. “But I also like her RM oppa for her.. he has been with her since the start..”

Meanwhile, Taehyung was still at Jisoo’s house waiting for his shirt to dry.

They were in the living room after washing the dishes together.

Jisoo glanced at him and chuckled.

It’s funny that he kept that pink dress throughout the whole breakfast and Jhope’s parents didn’t laugh at all..

Taehyung turned to her.

“Do I look that pretty that you keep looking at me?” he asked smiling as he can’t believe himself either. “You should have given me a shirt or something.. I was really cold inside your cabinet so I took a random dress..”

Seeing her happy even though he knows he is looking like a fool now warms his heart..

He can dress up like this once in a while if she wants him to..

Jisoo burst out laughing.

“I’m sorry.. but you look really good in that.. I can give it to you if you want..” she said holding herself back from laughing again.

Taehyung turned his back against her.

“It doesn’t even close well.. look at my back.. I’m freezing..” he said turning to her again.

Jisoo laughed.

“Let me get you a blanket..” she said standing up and taking one from her room.

Taehyung heaved a sigh.

He wishes that his shirt never gets dry so that he can stay with her like this forever..

After knowing what she feels deep inside her, he just wants to be beside her everytime and prove her his feelings for her..

He wants her to realize that his love for her is bigger than any other thing in this world..

It’s even greater than all the pain he has been through as a child..

He wants her to know that..

He was reflecting on himself when he felt Jisoo putting the blanket around his shoulders.

“Does it feel better now?” asked Jisoo as she sat beside him. “Do you feel warm enough?”

She was smiling at him with that adorable puffy eyes making his heart flutter.

It’s great to see that smile again..

It’s nice to see her smiling at him again..

That she’s happy because of him..

He pulled her to sit close to him and wrapped themselves inside the blanket..

“This feels better.. and warmer.. doesn’t it?” he said whispering to her ears.

Jisoo held her breath.

Of course it would be warmer.. because he’s hugging her tightly in his arms..

She feels like melting.. her cheeks must have turned into red tomato now..

She tried to free herself from him as soon as she got a grip of herself but Taehyung held her even tighter.. his hands sought hers..

“Your hands are cold..” said Taehyung interlocking their fingers together. “I’ll let you go once they’re warm enough..”

Jisoo turned her head slowly to him and found him staring at her.

About her question to him last night..

Perhaps she should change it..

She shouldn’t ask him anymore..

Instead.. she should ask herself..

Does she.. still love him?

————————

It was a sunny yet cold day at the university.

Taehyung was already feeling excited for tomorrow evening..

Jisoo said she needed his help to bake because a customer ordered about 100 cupcakes..

He has no idea how to make them to be honest but he’s willing to learn about them tonight by watching some tutorials..

He didn’t know a history professor like him would have this kind of part-time job.. it might not really suit him but these days, he likes baking more than teaching at the university..

He finished all of his classes that day in a great mood.

How long has it been since he had this energy?

Was it 5 years ago? When he used to teach in Jisoo’s class?

It was really fun back then.. he’d find her always staring at him even before they started dating..

He was against the idea of dating a student yet he fell for one..

And that one woman has never left his heart since then.

He was taking his books from the desk before going out of the classroom when Mina came in..

“Professor Kim..” she called him softly as she approached him.

Taehyung heaved a sigh.

He hasn’t ran into her ever since they left the cruise about a few weeks ago..

He never even asked her how she was after that..

Was it too much of him?

“I submitted my resignation today..” said Mina lowering her gaze.

Taehyung’s brows furrowed.

All of a sudden? Why would she do that?

“I don’t like this job anyway..” said Mina. “I just.. forced myself to like it because of you..”

Taehyung felt bad for her.

While he knows it isn’t his fault either.. but still.. he would have wanted her to do what she really wanted to..

“And I realized forcing yourself to like something is bound to exhaust you.. in the end.. you’d also quit.. because you know it isn’t for you.. it isn’t meant for you..” Mina continued.

She was not just forcing herself to become a professor but most of all.. she was forcing herself on Professor Kim all this time..

She tried to do anything to make him fall for her.. yet in the end she only tired herself out and made a fool out of herself..

“I’m sorry Mina..” said Taehyung unable to look into her eyes. “I know  saying sorry is useless but.. I’m really sorry..”

Mina smiled a little.

“Hearing you saying sorry isn’t that painful anymore..” she said in a low voice.

There was a moment of silence between them before she spoke again.

“Five years ago.. this happened..” she said as she took out her phone from her pocket and showed him a video of Jisoo kneeling down before her.

Taehyung held her phone tightly in his hand as anger started to fill his heart.

“I’m sorry..” said Mina clenching her fists. “I’m sorry for making her do that..”

Taehyung held her arm.

“Why did you do it? Why make fun of someone like this?” he asked raising his tone.

Mina already did many despicable things to Jisoo even before..

It was her who almost got Jisoo into an accident by doing something to her bike..

He just can’t understand why and how could a woman like Mina do something that evil to another woman just because of insecurities?

“Professor Kim.. it was me.. who forced her to leave the university five years ago..” said Mina tearing up.

She wanted to be a sincere person to him.. even though it’s too late..

“I threatened her.. to expose your relationship to all the students.. that’s why-..”

Taehyung held her tightly on her arm.

“W-what did you say?” he asked gritting his teeth.

“Jisoo.. begged me to keep it a secret from everyone.. because she knew you’d be asked to resign once the university director learned about it.. that’s why.. she volunteered herself to quit.. she didn’t want to damage your reputation as a professor..”

Taehyung put his hands down on his sides.

Jisoo.. didn’t want to leave him that time..

She didn’t want to break up..

The reason why she was so determined to end their relationship back then was because she wanted to protect him..

And by protecting him.. she sacrificed herself.. her dreams.. her heart..

Jisoo loved him that much..

Mina knelt on the floor before him.

“I’m sorry.. I’m really sorry for being selfish.. I hope you can forgive me Professor Kim..”

Taehyung looked at her for the last time..

“You shouldn’t be begging me now.. you shouldn’t be kneeling in front of me.. you shouldn’t be saying sorry to me.. it’s Jisoo.. it’s her.. whose life and dream were crashed.. because of your selfishness..”

Then he walked past her and left the room.

———————

Jisoo put the trashbags down as she locked the door to her shop.

Another day has passed quickly..

It’s been over two months already since she opened the shop..

She can’t believe she was only planning this about a year ago..

She sighed as she lifted the trashbags again.

Just how many bags does she throw away every night?

And why are they so heavy?

She turned around and got surprised to see Taehyung before her.

“You scared me..” she said taking a step back. “When did you come, Professor Kim?”

Taehyung smiled as he took the trashbags away from her.

“Why did you come here? We are supposed to meet tomorrow..” said Jisoo following him as he threw the bags away.

Taehyung turned to her.

“I just.. came to help you throw the trash away..” he said shrugging his shoulders.

Jisoo scoffed.

Did he hear her thoughts or what? She was secretly wishing she could call her part timer at times like that..

She noticed he was still following her.

“Where are you going?” she asked stopping on her feet.

“I’ll walk you home..” he replied.

Jisoo’s brows furrowed.

What’s wrong with him tonight? Why did he appear all of a sudden and why is he insisting on walking her home? He’s becoming strange again..

“Let me walk you home because it’s late already..” said Taehyung holding her arm and dragging her to walk forward.

Jisoo pulled her arm away.

“Don’t forget to come tomorrow at 6 pm to the shop, okay?” she said as they walked side by side. “I will fire you if you do..”

Taehyung chuckled.

“I’ll come as soon as I finish my classes so don’t worry about me being late or anything..” he said glancing at her.

Jisoo smiled.

“How.. is it going at the university? Are you.. doing well?” she asked shyly.

Taehyung bit his lower lip.

Thanks to her.. he’s doing well..

It was all thanks to her..

“Tiring?” asked Jisoo again not hearing any answer from him. “Are your students as bad as me?”

Taehyung chuckled.

“You were the best though..” he said looking at her. “You loved studying..”

Jisoo remained silent.

That’s right.. she did love studying.. specially the subject he teaches..

“Do you.. have any intention of studying again to become a history teacher?” asked Taehyung in a low voice.

He knows it was her dream..

She only needs a year to finish..

She can do it because she loves studying..

Jisoo shook her head.

“I’m happy now..” she said smiling. “Maybe being a history teacher doesn’t suit me at all.. I realized baking and making desserts makes me happier..”

Taehyung felt glad hearing it from her.

He would support her in anything she does.. whatever it is.. as long as it makes her happy..

“We’ve arrived..” said Jisoo facing him completely.

It’s only a 10 minute walk but why did it feel even quicker tonight?

Maybe because she had some company?

“Thank you for walking me home..” said Jisoo waving her hands. “Be careful.. and see you tomorrow night..”

Taehyung was just looking at her with a smile.

He doesn’t want to let her go yet..

Can they take another walk? Or maybe two more?

Jisoo was getting further from him when she remembered something.

She walked back to him and took out something from her bag.

Taehyung raised his brows.

“What is it?” he asked staring at a small box in her hands.

“Uhmm.. I made macaroons today for the first time.. so I thought.. I should give my part-timer some..” she said biting her lower lip.

Taehyung’s lips curled up.

“Thank you..” he said taking it from her. “Do you have a name for this already?”

Jisoo nodded.

“Amour..” she answered softly. “Amour.. as in love..”

They must have stared at each other’s eyes for a whole minute..

Jisoo’s cheeks turned red while Taehyung’s ears became hot..

“I’ll go inside now..” said Jisoo hurrying up. “Goodnight and see you-..”

But Taehyung held her hand stopping her.

“W-why..?” asked Jisoo nervously.

The look in his eyes changed and it somehow makes her anxious.

“Jisoo.. about the question you asked me last night..” said Taehyung taking a deep breath. “Can I.. answer now?”

Jisoo’s throat moved fast.

The question.. he doesn’t mean.. that one when she was drunk, right?

“I don’t remember asking any question..” she said trying to feign innocence. “What do you mean-..?”

“I still love you..” said Taehyung in a clear voice. “That’s my answer..”

Jisoo’s eyes quivered.

He just said it.. he answered her..

And now another question pops up in her head..

Does she still love him?

Taehyung took some steps towards her until they were standing face to face..

“I love you..” he said before holding her face with a hand and kissing her in the corner of her lips.

Jisoo clenched her hands tightly on her sides as she stood frozen.

He didn’t even kiss her on her lips directly.. but why is her heart beating like crazy?

She was getting her senses back when she felt his warm lips again.. this time.. against hers.. brushing them softly.. tempting her..

She closed her eyes slowly.. and as soon as she did.. she felt cold..

She opened her eyes and found RM instead.. and on the ground.. Taehyung was lying down while blood was dripping from a cut on his cheek..

“What do you think you were doing to her?” RM looked furious as he grabbed Taehyung by his collar again.

But Taehyung was quick to stand up and push him away.

Jisoo ran to separate them immediately.

“Stop..” she said catching her breath as she looked at the two of them who looked like they would kill each other. “Why are you fighting?”

RM was still mad at Taehyung for kissing Jisoo.

He couldn’t see anything but red the moment he witnessed that scene..

He wanted to grab him again but Jisoo hugged him tightly making him come back to his senses.

“Oppa.. stop.. please..” said Jisoo looking up at him.

Then she turned to see Taehyung whose eyes were glistening with tears..

“Professor Kim.. please go..”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.3K 1.9K 15
πŸ…Highest Rank ReachedπŸ… #1 taesoo #2 vsoo #4 jisoo πŸ“œShort StoryπŸ“œ "I wanted to be the best wife to you.." Jisoo "If you knew I was in love with her...
22.1K 534 18
A simple girl who used to get bullied in the past when she was young is now a fashion designer along with her sister. She didn't got the love she de...
16.4K 1.1K 27
Two people meet in an unexpected journey. They found love in each other. But they where unaware of the upcoming tragedy which will change their life...
11.7K 259 16
PARK JIMIN: He is the love of my life. When I was lost, he became my Star. But I love night sky too. I want both but what will happen when he will k...