ALMOST

By popularfanfics

"Let's not even exchange names.. we aren't going to see each other anyway after this.." - Taehyung "Can't we... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Mr. 200 dollars
Chapter 2 - Turtle Rabbit
Chapter 3 - Another coincidence, another embarrassment
Chapter 4 - A Favor
Chapter 5 - Sweets
Chapter 6 - Sleep over
Chapter 7 - Return the favor
Chapter 8 - Something
Chapter 9 - Greater
Chapter 10 - His happiness
Chapter 11 - Similar yet different
Chapter 12 - It was destiny
Chapter 13 - Her family, his home
Chapter 14 - Friendship and Love
Chapter 15 - Five minutes
Chapter 16 - One after another
Chapter 17 - Breaking Up and Breaking Down
Chapter 18 - Time flies
Chapter 19 - Their Past
Chapter 20 - From 'sorry' to 'thank you'
Chapter 21 - That thing called 'ex'
Chapter 22 - Still in love
Chapter 23 - Never Again
Chapter 25 - Her question, his answer
Chapter 26 - Pure and Sincere
Chapter 27 - Returning to him
Chapter 28 - Lovely moments
Chapter 29 - Their very first
Chapter 30 - Till the end

Chapter 24 - Don'ts

780 57 30
By popularfanfics

Taehyung didn’t let go of Jisoo’s hand until he let her sit on the couch in the living room.

“Do you want something hot to drink?” he asked as he lowered himself to see her face.

Jisoo nodded.

“Could you heat some milk? I should have it in the fridge..” she replied in a low voice as she felt embarrassed for making him do things she should be doing herself instead.

Taehyung quickly went to heat some milk in the kitchen.

No matter how much he thinks about it.. something is weird about her..

Jisoo isn’t easily scared like this.. to the point that she would cry and breakdown..

Something must have happened to her..  and it’s frustrating because he doesn’t know about it..

He went back to the living room and handed her the cup of hot milk.

He sat beside her.

“Thank you..” said Jisoo glancing at him quickly. “And I’m sorry.. I bothered you greatly tonight..”

Taehyung shook his head.

“It’s nothing.. I don’t have anything to do anyway..” he said as he continued staring at her.

There was a moment of silence between them.

Jisoo was still in a daze while Taehyung was just looking at her trying to figure her out.

“Jisoo..” he called her gently as he held her arm making her turn to him. “Did.. something happen?”

Jisoo’s eyes quivered.

Taehyung held both of her arms making her face him completely.

“Is there something wrong?” he asked worriedly as he caressed her arms gently. “Did something happen to you?”

Jisoo was just looking at him in silence.

Then she lowered her gaze and sighed.

Taehyung withdrew his hands away from her slowly before standing up.

“Let me get you some water as well-..” he said as he was about to go back to the kitchen.

But Jisoo held his hand making him stop and look back at her.

“Sit down.. I have.. something to tell you..” she said softly as her eyes glistened with tears.

Taehyung looked worried seeing her cry again.

He knelt before her as he held her hand tightly.

“Jisoo.. I’m sorry for asking you.. but you don’t have to tell me if it’s hard for you..” he said feeling guilty.

He remembers her not forcing him to tell her about his family back then since she knew it was a sensitive topic for him.

She waited for him to speak up first so he isn’t going to oblige her to tell him everything about her either.

Jisoo shook her head.

“What happened is that-..” she choked back a sob. “My bestfriend.. Jhope..”

Taehyung’s brows furrowed.

What about him? What did Jhope do?

He didn’t take her money again, did he?

He’s going to scold him if that happened! How can he make his bestfriend cry like this every single time?

“What is it? What happened-..?”

“He died..” said Jisoo in tears. “He passed away five years ago..”

Taehyung couldn’t say anything at first.

He would have expected all things but this..

Did he hear her right? Did she just say.. that Jhope is gone? Her bestfriend?

“W-what do you mean, Jisoo? How could it happen-..?” he stuttered as he started to understand what she said.

Jhope died? Why? When? How?

He looked really happy back then.. he was very young.. he was full of energy..

How could someone like him die all of a sudden?

Jisoo broke into tears while thinking of the past.

Taehyung hugged her tightly in his arms and Jisoo told him everything that happened that day five years ago..

When it happened.. how she found him dead.. and the trauma she developed after that..

“I’m sorry..” said Taehyung pulling himself a little to look at her face. “I’m really sorry Jisoo.. I didn’t know anything..”

He feels so stupid for leaving her during the most difficult time of her life..

Her mom died.. they broke up because of his parents.. and Jhope whom he thought would be the person who could comfort her killed himself adding more pain to her..

He should have never let her go that time.. he should have never left her..

He should have stayed with her till the end..

“You went through a lot.. I’m sorry Jisoo..” he said as he sat next to her and let her head fall on his shoulder. “I’m really.. really sorry..”

He can’t imagine how it was for her.. her bestfriend whom she cherished a lot hid his pain from her and committed a grave thing.. and she, who was looking forward to meet him, found him dead herself..

She must have been really shocked.. no wonder her trauma got severe..

Poor Jisoo.. she was all alone fighting for herself..

It must have been really difficult..

He let her cry until she eventually fell asleep on his shoulder.

She must have tired herself from all that crying..

A few moments later, he carefully lifted her head with both hands trying to lay her down the couch but  to his surprise, Jisoo suddenly wrapped her arms around him before putting her face against his chest and making his back fall on the couch.

Taehyung held his breath.

He knows he shouldn’t be feeling happy right now but feeling her warm breathing against his chest is making his heart leap with joy.

He missed her like this.

He missed seeing her fall asleep beside him..

He missed this sensation..

He badly missed her..

—————————

Jisoo opened her eyes and found herself laying down the couch with a blanket over her.

She slowly got up and looked around the house.

She must have fallen asleep here.. that’s right.. she did have a long night last night and-..

Wait.. wasn’t Taehyung with her at her house?

Did he leave her after she fell asleep? In the middle of the night?

She sighed a little.

When did he leave? Why didn’t he tell her?

Wait.. wht does she feel so disappointed that he didn’t stay with her until the morning?

She stood up and was heading towards the bathroom when she saw Taehyung in the kitchen startling her.

He was preparing the table for breakfast after cooking.

“You were awake already?” asked Taehyung as he looked at the time. “It’s not even 8 am yet..”

Jisoo walked towards him.

“You.. didn’t leave?” she asked still half asleep. “I mean.. I thought you went away..”

Taehyung smiled.

How could he leave her when he fell asleep as soon as she did last night?

“Then.. where did you sleep?” asked Jisoo worried.

There’s only one long couch in the living room and she doesn’t think he would have entered her room and used her bed without permission.

“Don’t tell me..” Jisoo’s brows were knit together.

Taehyung gulped.

She wouldn’t know they slept on the couch while hugging each other tightly last night, would she?

Well.. he didn’t know either to be honest..

He did remember her wrapping her arms around him but he fell asleep really quick after that so he doesn’t recall anything else.. and he just woke up that morning with her still sleeping on his chest while hugging him..

He liked it.. to be honest.. he would have wanted to stay like that all day..

“Did you sleep on the floor?” asked Jisoo concerned. “You should have woken me up or something..”

She feels guilty for making him come to her house at night..

She knows he’s a professor.. he might have a lot of things to do at home yet she was too thickskinned to insist on letting him stay with her..

Taehyung scratched the back of his head.

“Well.. you don’t need to worry..” he said almost feeling guilty for lying.

“But.. don’t you have to go to the university today?” asked Jisoo knowing it usually starts at 8 am.

Taehyung shook his head.

“Not yet.. my class starts in the afternoon so I have plenty of time this morning..”

Jisoo smiled.

Wait.. did she just smile? Why? Is she happy that he has time to stay with her this morning?

She must be crazy..

“Let’s eat..” said Taehyung pulling the chair for her. “I’m sorry for going through your kitchen without permission..”

It was quite easy to find things in her kitchen since she organized them the same exact way she organized his kitchen five years ago.

Jisoo sat down while covering her cheeks with her hands.

She must look horrible to his eyes now that she’s sitting across him..

He will see how awful she looks like after waking up in the morning..

She must look ugly.. she isn’t that young anymore unlike 5 years ago..

Should she just eat alone in the living room? Or maybe she should put some makeup on first?

Why did she only think of this now?

“Why? Is there something wrong? Why are you holding your cheeks?” asked Taehyung worried.

Is she still not feeling well because of last night? Does she still feel scared?

Jisoo lowered her gaze.

“It’s because I look too puffy right now.. my eyes must look really swollen and my face is bloated..” she said pouting.

Taehyung glanced at her quickly before taking a bite of rice.

“You look beautiful to me though..” he said without a change of expression. “I fell for your puffy eyes..”

Jisoo’s eyes widened.

Why would he say that to her this early in the morning?

He’s making her even more embarrassed..

“Then.. I’ll start eating now.. thanks for the food..” she said still pouting as she lowered her hands to the table.

But she has to admit it’s pleasing to hear that she looks beautiful even with the way she looks after just waking up..

Taehyung bit his lower lip to prevent himself from smiling in case she might feel offended.

She looks too cute.. seeing her like this causes him to have a mini heart attack..

Look at that messy hair and fluffy eyebags!

Just how old is she? Is she aging backwards?

Anyway.. he feels happy.. Jisoo seems more comfortable with him now after sharing to him about her late bestfriend.

————————-

It was Saturday when Lisa had lunch with Jungkook and RM.

“I wish I could have invited Jisoo too but no one will look after the store..” Lisa said sighing.

Jungkook nodded.

“I tried inviting Taehyung hyung as well but he said he had something planned all day..” he said unconvinced. “Do you think he has gone to see Mina?”

RM turned to him.

It’s impossible that Taehyung would go to see Mina again.. and surely not by himself..

What did he plan today anyway? Is it related to the university?

He is usually free on Saturdays though..

Lisa shook her head as she looked at Jungkook.

She can’t believe this guy.. how can he be so gullible? Does he really think Taehyung had something going on with the witch?

“What are you looking at?” asked Jungkook seeing her staring at him. “If you keep looking at me like that, you might really fall for me..”

Lisa scoffed before turning to RM.

“He keeps on saying the same thing to me RM oppa!” she said annoyed. “Do you think he has gone insane or what?”

RM laughed.

“It must be his way of telling how he truly feels Lisa..” he said tapping her arm.

Lisa sighed.

She’s going to bet on her whole company that she will never fall for him!

“Do you have anything to do this afternoon?” asked RM changing the topic before the two start fighting again.

Lisa and Jungkook shook their heads.

“How about we go to Jisoo’s store and help her out?” asked RM smiling. “She has also hired a part-timer so maybe we could meet him as well..”

Lisa nodded.

“Sounds fun to me.. I have always wanted to try to work in a bakery or cafè..”

Jungkook also agreed.

“I wonder if the part timer is a woman..” he said to himself as his eyes looked at Lisa who was smiling. “Why did she become cute? Did she do something?”

They arrived at Jisoo’s store in a span of a few minutes.

Lisa ran to Jisoo right away and hugged her.

“We came to help you today!” said Lisa excitedly. “What should I do? Should I also wear an apron and make some cake or maybe I can make coffee-..?”

Jisoo was too surprised that she couldn’t say anything.

This happened all of a sudden and she is now in a daze..

She saw RM and Jungkook also coming towards her..

She’s really thankful that they came to give her a hand but..

Wait! Taehyung!

They will see him working for her and might misunderstand the situation!

What should she do? Should he ask him to hide? Or maybe he could tell them he also came to help just like them or maybe-..

And while she was having an internal panic attack, she saw Taehyung coming out of the storage room with a bag of coffee beans in his hand.

She sighed.

It seems like there’s no escape from this anymore..

Taehyung was also quite surprised to see all of his friends coming.

But he doesn’t feel embarrassed or anything.. instead he feels relieved that they will know that he is pursuing Jisoo again..

“The part-timer you hired.. you don’t mean.. him, do you?” asked RM as he looked at Jisoo while pointing at Taehyung.

Jisoo took a deep breath.

She doesn’t feel ashamed of hiring Taehyung but she feels so because she lied to RM a few days ago..

“Really oppa?” asked Lisa finding it amusing.

Taehyung oppa has become really bold which is very unlike him!

It seems like the competition between these two will be very interesting!

“That’s right..” said Taehyung answering instead after seeing Jisoo remaining silent.

“I guess it’s better to have Taehyung hyung as a part-timer rather than hiring someone we don’t know..” said Jungkook feeling the tension in the air.

No one was saying anything.

There was just silence until they heard a customer asking..

“Can I order now?”

Jisoo went to serve him immediately.

She sighed as she thought she made the situation awkward for all of them.

Was hiring her ex as a part-timer not right?

Did she make a mistake? Was it not a good thing to do?

Why does she always feel bad when it comes to RM?

And why does she continue feeling pain and guilt everytime she sees Taehyung looking sad?

Just what is happening to her?

“Shouldn’t we start working too?” asked Lisa dragging Jungkook with him to clean the tables.

Jungkook nodded as he looked at his two hyungs.

“You too hyung.. and stop glaring at each other..” he said clearing his throat.

Taehyung and RM turned their heads away from each other.

————————

“Why did you lie to me?” asked RM to Jisoo softly.

The two of them were left behind the cashier desk while Jungkook and Lisa were busy in the hall and Taehyung was in the kitchen.

Jisoo turned to him.

“I’m sorry..” she said in a low voice. “I was just.. worried that you would say something..”

RM sighed a little.

Who is he to tell her something? Why would she think like that?

“I mean.. I saw that you two didn’t seem to be really friendly when we were on the cruise the other time.. and I was afraid that-..” Jisoo paused as she found it hard to say it herself.

“I was afraid that it could be because of me..”

That’s right.. RM oppa is always helping and taking care of her.. he has been doing so all these years..

She knows that he’s only treating her like a good friend.. but seeing him being so serious whenever Taehyung is around her makes her feel nervous..

She doesn’t want them to have any argument or misunderstanding because of her..

“Jisoo.. to be honest.. I don’t like him working close to you..” said RM taking a deep breath.

Jisoo’s throat moved fast.

By saying he doesn’t like her working with Taehyung, what does he mean?

RM held her hand on the table.

Jisoo held her breath.

What could.. this mean? Why would he hold her hand like this?

“Jisoo.. I..” RM was figuring out how to tell her about what he feels for her.

No.. he’s still indecisive whether to tell her or not..

He’s worried that not telling her right now might make him regret later but at the same time, telling her now might make her feel uncomfortable..

Jisoo was keeping her hand still under his when she felt herself being pushed away.

“Holding hands isn’t allowed at work..” said Taehyung who separated the two as soon as he saw them.

Jisoo was startled.

How could he just push her away that hard?

What was he thinking?

“We have a lot of things to do and you are doing nothing here, Boss Kim..” Taehyung continued as he looked at her.

Jisoo was in disbelief.

He is using this opportunity to scold her? How dare he?

He’s just the part timer and he’s acting like the boss now!

Where is the gentleman Professor Kim? Why did he change like this?

And to her surprise, RM pulled her back beside him.

“We are going to have dinner tonight.. the two of us.. alone..” he said looking at Jisoo. “You hired a part-timer so you can have more free time, right?”

Jisoo unknowingly nodded her head.

“Then you can leave the store to him for a few hours until the closing..” RM continued.

Jisoo turned her head to Taehyung who suddenly looked down.

“Are you leaving me.. by myself?” asked Taehyung lowering his gaze.

“Huh?” Jisoo sounded surprised. “I mean.. I.. I-..”

“Or I can have dinner alone..” said RM in a low voice.

Jisoo raised her brows together.

Well.. she did hire a part-timer so she can have time for herself..

Leaving Taehyung for a few hours should be fine..

“You know already what to do.. don’t you?” she said to Taehyung. “I have taught you everything already.. I’ll just see you again next time..”

He will be fine, right?

———————-

Lisa and Jungkook also joined RM and Jisoo for dinner but left as soon as they finished.

“I haven’t been here in ages..” said RM as he looked at the view.

The two of them went to Han River together after the dinner.

“It looks amazing, doesn’t it?” RM continued as he turned to Jisoo who was looking at her phone.

“That’s right..” she answered quickly. “The view at night is the best..”

“Why? Did something happen?” asked RM seeing her distracted by her phone.

Jisoo can’t help but check on her phone continuously.

She keeps thinking about Taehyung.. no.. she meant the shop..

It was already past 9 pm.

Taehyung must have closed the shop already..

He should be going home now..

Nothing particular happened to him, right?

She let out a sigh she didn’t know she was holding.

“Are you worried about him?” asked RM seeing her uneasy.

Jisoo nodded.

“It’s just.. I have never left the shop to anyone before and Professor Kim is just new.. and also.. Saturday nights are the most hectic..” she said in a soft voice.

“He would have called you if he needed help..” said RM. “And Taehyung is a fast learner.. he’s smart and quick witted.. I’m sure he has adapted himself already..”

Jisoo faked a smile.

Still.. she doesn’t think leaving him behind was a good idea..

She’s enjoying her time alone like this while he’s stuck at her shop by himself..

“How about we go to the park and have some snacks?” asked RM smiling widely.

He knows Jisoo’s a big fan of snacks.. she would love it for sure..

“Right now?” Jisoo asked as she looked at the time again. “I’m still quite full but.. alright.. let’s go oppa..”

The two of them headed towards the park and also found a night market.

“I didn’t know there was a night market near the Han River..” said RM looking amazed. “Look at all those stands selling hotbuns and ttekbokki.. they also have some dumplings and skewers..”

Jisoo’s lips curled up as she looked around.

A night market.. she has many memories there..

A lot of things happened.. there were some really happy moments but also a sad one..

Being here right now makes her think of Taehyung more..

Why does she keep recalling things that happened in the past?

Why does everything she does remind her of the two of them five years ago?

That time.. when they were in love with each other..

Before they both discovered things they would have preferred not to know about..

They stayed there for almost an hour before RM drove her home.

Jisoo sighed as she stood before the door to her house.

It was 10 pm.

Taehyung must be at his house already, right?

Why does she keep worrying about a grownup man not going home after working hours?

Unable to find innerpeace, she found herself walking back to her shop.

That’s right.. she can’t stand it anymore.. she better see it for herself that he’s left already.

And who knows if he left the door open to her shop? What if someone came in and stole her cakes?

It took her a few minutes to get there and was surprised to see the lights still on.

Is he still here? Why did he leave the lights on?

She tried pushing the door but it was locked from the inside so she had to open it with her own key.

She quickly headed to the kitchen and found him there for real!

“What are you still doing here?” she asked catching her breath. “It’s past 10 pm already.. you should be at home now..”

Taehyung remained silent.

Is it 10 pm already? He didn’t know because he hasn’t looked at his phone ever since she left this afternoon with RM..

He was afraid he’d call her and tell her to come back because he was jealous of them..

That’s why he dedicated himself to baking and cleaning the kitchen..

“Your date must have gone well seeing you’re back just now..” he said as he finished cleaning the counter.

Jisoo’s brows furrowed.

“Date?” she said embarrassedly. “Who said I went on a date?”

Taehyung walked past her to wash his hands.

“You two went out to have dinner.. isn’t that considered a date?” he asked as he let the water flow down his hands and arms.

Then he winced in pain.

Jisoo went to check on him right away.

“Why? Did you get hurt?” she asked concerned.

Taehyung quickly grabbed some tissues to dry his hands.

“Nothing..” he said as he hid his arm behind him. “Just.. a small burn..”

Jisoo’s eyes widened.

Burn? Did he get himself burned?

She pulled his arm right away to see it for herself.

She folded his sleeves and a sigh came out automatically.

“What do you mean small when you almost burned your whole arm?” she said raising her voice. “Didn’t I tell you not to get hurt while working here?”

Taehyung pulled his arm gently and folded down the sleeves again.

“Why did you get yourself burned? What were you thinking of?” Jisoo was still frustrated as she looked at him.

Couldn’t he have sent her a message and told her he was hurt?

Why didn’t he say anything at all?

Taehyung was just looking at her.

What was he thinking of if not her?

He was too distracted that he got himself burned with the oven!

Why did she have to leave him and go on a date with RM hyung?

“Stay here for a second.. I’ll get something to put on it..” Jisoo said sighing as she went to grab the first aid kit.

Taehyung remained still as he leaned himself against the counter.

Where did they go after they had dinner? It isn’t possible to finish dinner at this time.. they must have gone somewhere else after that..

Did RM hyung confess to her? Did he finally tell her about his feelings?

What did Jisoo tell him? What could be her reaction?

Does she like RM? Does she have some feelings for him as well?

He was still thinking deeply when he felt something cold on his arm.

Jisoo came back and was applying some ointment on his arm.

“Does it hurt?” she asked looking at him who was avoiding her eyes.

Why is he being silent this time? He even pushed her and acted naughty this afternoon yet he has changed again..

Why does his mood keep changing?

“Let’s leave it like this for a few seconds then you can fold your sleeves down again..” she said blowing on his arm. “Why did you burn yourself while baking anyway?”

Taehyung didn’t answer her.

“It isn’t like your tongue got burned too but you have suddenly become silent..” said Jisoo whispering to herself.

She was about to leave him but Taehyung grabbed her by her wrist.

“Did you go somewhere with RM hyung after dinner?” he asked looking serious.

Jisoo raised her brows.

That was so sudden..

Was he curious about that all this time?

She nodded her head.

“Han River..” she replied. “We went to get some fresh air..”

“Fresh air?” asked Taehyung in a loud voice startling her. “But it’s autumn already.. it’s cold now!”

Jisoo put a hand on her chest as she pulled herself away from him.

Did he have to say it loudly?

That scared her!

She didn’t know he could speak with a big voice!

“There was also a night market so we went around the park and-..”

She stopped as she noticed his eyes have changed.

“You had a date then..” said Taehyung clenching his jaw. “A romantic date at a night market.. just like what we used to do..”

Jisoo’s throat moved fast.

Did he really have to say it like that?

What does that make her?

He’s making her feel like she cheated on him or something..

She would be lying if she said she wasn’t reminded by their dates before but she and RM just went there as friends..

Why would he compare it like that?

“We should leave now.. it’s getting late..” she said turning her back against him.

She doesn’t want to keep talking about the past with him.

She doesn’t understand what she’s feeling yet.. and she doesn’t get him either..

Sometimes she feels like Taehyung is just being kind to her.. just like how he really is..

He is a very nice person.. she knows that..

But there are times that she thinks that he still likes her..

Why would he have wanted to work for her?

Why would he follow her? Why would he ask her if she went on a date with another man? Why is he always curious about her?

And when he acts like this.. she can’t help but think about what Mina said to her the other time..

That Taehyung still loves her..

And so if he really does? What will happen? What will she do?

As soon as she turned her back against him, Taehyung hugged her from behind making her gasp.

“W-what are you-..?”

“Don’t do it again..” said Taehyung whispering to her ears as he tightened the hug.

Jisoo felt goosebumps.

His voice.. and this hug..

They make her legs go weak..

“Don’t do.. w-what..?”

“Don’t make me jealous.. don’t leave me for another man again.. don’t go on a date without me.. and don’t go to the places we’ve been together with anyone else.. not even with RM hyung..”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

305K 9K 55
"who knew that your current lover that you think is the one really isn't the one?" ever since the DNA era, taehyung's girlfriend irene has been actin...
500K 23.8K 63
He cut her off in between and looked right into her eyes. "You want me to strike a deal with you?" He raked his eyes over her from head to toe and s...
11.7K 259 16
PARK JIMIN: He is the love of my life. When I was lost, he became my Star. But I love night sky too. I want both but what will happen when he will k...
22.1K 534 18
A simple girl who used to get bullied in the past when she was young is now a fashion designer along with her sister. She didn't got the love she de...