ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰᴏᴜʀᴛʜ ᴡᴀʟʟ | ᴍᴀʀ...

By CatInABox__

UNDER EDITING Callie Sinclair, a young Potterhead of the 21st century, woke up in the 1970's Wizarding World... More

o. prologue
i. the marauders
ii - together
iii. the shrieking shack
iv. discoveries
vi. basilisk
vii. like son, like father
viii. the Black Brothers
viv. the 6th member
x. diadem
xi. aftermath
xii. Christmas break
xiii. letters
xiv. gifts
xv. one horcrux: down
xvi. surprise
xvii. confrontation
xviii. curse you
xix. at the three broomsticks
xx. goodbye
xxi. hospital wing
xxii. diary
xxiii. apologies
xxiv. adventure begins
xxv. getting in
xxvi. the dragon
xxvii. forgiveness
xxviii. dementors
xxix. patronus
xxx. boggart
xxxi. the ring
xxxii. confession
xxxiii. under the thousand stars
xxxiv. the locket
xxxv. callie
xxxvi. avada kedavra
xxxvii. back
xxxviii. call
xxxix. viaportum
xl. movement
xli. brave
xlii. the battle
xliii. the end
You have a mail!
special chapter. epilogue
100k special
special chapter. trick or treat

v. prelude

7.5K 266 37
By CatInABox__

"Good morning!" chimed Sirius as the four of them entered Callie's room. Peter behind him went forward to give Callie her breakfast and James folded his cloak that they used.

She was just drying her short hair on the bed, freshly out of the bath wearing a mid-length sleeves maroon shirt and trousers. Callie figured it was Lily's clothes. And when James said he took some pairs of his girlfriend's clothes, he didn't mean it as just sweaters, shirts, pants, skirts but more than that. And she's thankful he thought of that.

There was a room in the shack that seemed to be a bathroom. Remus pointed it out to her yesterday. That was how she was able to clean herself before sleeping and take a bath before they arrived.

"Good morning. You seem enthusiastic," Callie replied with a smile, taking the breakfast from Peter, and mouthing him thank you.

"An adventure is awaiting," Sirius shrugged.
Indeed, there is. A dangerous one. After giving Callie her dinner yesterday, they set up the next day to commence their plan, more specifically, step 1: get a weapon. She had briefed them on what to do and all of them were hoping for a successful outcome. 

None of them could sleep last night. The Marauders were busy looking forward to the next day. Sirius and James were more excited than Remus and Peter who were slightly worried and overthinking the plan. Callie, despite not having slept for more than twenty-four hours, could not enter the dreamland. Her mind was still processing what was happening and what might happen. What she just put herself into was something she could not just turn her back on. Despite the fears, Callie had no intention of leaving her beloved characters suffering. Not now.

"Have your breakfast so we can go," said Remus and she did what she was told.

That day was Saturday; there were no classes hence why they decided that that day was the perfect day to execute a plan. They had nothing to do and no classes to attend to. 

Callie immediately ate her meal. A simple full English breakfast meal and a cup of coffee were enough to energise her for the day. Getting a weapon wasn't as easy as it sounded. It would take a ton of luck to sneak and fight a monster she had only daydreamed to bravely face (back then when she was imagining herself to be in the Harry Potter movie). But she had to.

After finishing her breakfast, Callie took her wand and presented herself to the Marauders, wiping her lips with the back of her hand. "I'm ready," she said. "Are you?"

James and Sirius, without hesitation, nodded with a big grin. But Peter and Remus, who were unsure, exchanged wary glances.

They exited the shack. James gave Callie the cloak for her to hide beneath it. With a thank you, she wrapped it over her shoulders, around her neck. Her smile was wide in glee as she just wore the invisibility cloak!

If only Callie had her phone, she had taken a photo of it on her. Unfortunately, she couldn't bring it with her or else under some circumstances, it would break in pieces—something she would like to avoid at any cost. She decided to just do so after Step 1.

As soon as they were completely outside, Callie covered her head so she wouldn't be seen. The four boys surrounded her to make sure no one would crash on her. Yet, they still made sure she had enough space to not trip. The Marauders craned their heads about, trying to look as casual as possible as they slipped a person from a different world inside the castle grounds (spoiler alert: they looked anything but casual).

Step 1.1: visit Dumbledore's office.

And so, they walked towards that way, greeting some students along the way—mostly Sirius with a wide grin. It was going very smoothly until a certain auburn-haired girl, hugging a few thin books, stopped them from going further.

Sophie Skelton? No. Lily Potter—Evans in this time period. Callie gasps, assuming from the fancasts. It was her green eyes that gave her away aside from that smile she was giving at James who was startled at the girl's sudden appearance.

"Where are you four going?" she asked, suspiciously yet she only meant it as lighthearted.

But the boys can't seem to see past her suspecting demeanour. In unison, the four replied, "The Great Hall", "The Library", "Owlery", and "To the common room".

Callie wanted to slap her forehead that time but she couldn't. She must not make a noise or else she would, even more, complicate the situation. Hence why she bit her tongue and kept a hand firmly over her mouth, screaming in her head.

She watched as Lily raised a brow, still having that smile, watching the Marauders try to come up with what to say next. But it ended up as just another big mess. "Yeah, we're headed to the common room", "Library, actually", "I was kidding, we're going to the library", "Yes, owlery," they all said in unison.

Lily narrowed her eyes, the smile slowly fading as she intently kept her gaze on the four. "What prank are you four up to this time?" She sounded as if a mother was about to give her kids the lecture of their lives. “I thought you were already done with it.” She couldn’t believe that they were breaking their promise to her. They already swore that they would stop pranking.

"It isn't a prank—" James tried to reason but Lily cut him off.

"So there is something."

"Yes, but— We are just helping a friend, all right? Nothing else, I promise."

“A friend? Who?”

James’ tongue rolled in his mouth. He just dug a deeper grave for them. And neither the Marauders had any reply to save his butt.

“Who is it, James?” Lily insisted. For all she knew their circle was just the four of them. Sure, they talk to other students but most of them are just acquaintances. 

“Nobody important, trust me.” James held her arms, rubbing his hands up and down as a means of assurance. “This friend just needs a favour, okay? It’s nothing big but this friend wants it to be a secret.”

Lily kept her eyes narrowed for a moment, contemplating whether to believe James or not. But for the record, her boyfriend hadn't done much pranking compared to the last few years. Besides, he seemed genuine when he was reasoning. What was her reason not to believe his words? She trusted James. More than she thought she could. 

Her forehead smoothens. Her face seemed much calmer than earlier. "Make sure you won't get in trouble helping this friend of yours, all right?" With a kiss on James' cheek, Lily left the five who were too stunned to move for a brief moment. That was a close call.

"Let's go?" asked Remus, earning a nod from the rest. 

As much as Callie wanted to scream seeing her ship sailing, she kept it in her head. She couldn't afford Lily questioning them again, now, could she?

Recovering from the shock that they were almost caught, they advanced towards Dumbledore's office. The nearer they got, the fewer number of students lingered around. Until there was none and they arrived in front of a gargoyle guarding the circular staircase.

She wasn't sure if the password was what it was in the books or movies. She didn't know if the password changed over time but she had to try something. After clearing her throat, she said, "Sherbet Lemon."

But it didn't move. 

"Cockroach clusters."

Again, it wasn't moving.

Pulling on her hair, Callie dug deep within her head, searching for possible passwords to enter the office.

"Acid pops." Again, a failed attempt.

"Are you hungry?" asked Peter.

"No. Those are possible passwords so we can get in. But I think they’re changing passwords. But it’s all just sweets here in your world. So, help me?" 

After exchanging wary looks, the four boys started suggesting sweets sold at Honeydukes. They had memorised all the sweets in the store since they were always there whenever they went to Hogsmeade.

"Shok-o-choc," Remus tried but failed.

"Jelly slugs," was Sirius' attempt that failed.

Peter tried "Choco-loco?" but failed.

"Exploding Bonbons!" Just like the rest, James failed.

But they must not give up. So they kept trying.

"Cauldron Cakes."

"Fudge Flies."

"Pumpkin pasties?"

"Toffee eclairs."

"Fizzing Whizzbees?"

"Pixie puffs."

"Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans." After another attempt by James, the gargoyle finally moved, making the four take a step back cautiously. 
It began to ascend, showing a circular staircase just as Callie predicted it would have. She leapt towards it even with her body covered with the cloak. 

"Come on!" she told the boys who couldn't see her, but hopped on one of the steps one by one.

Their mouths hung open in amazement. Their heads turned around as the stairs ascended. For a moment, they looked like owls.

"Nice one, James," Sirius complemented which made Callie look back at their grinning faces as they high-fived. 

For a moment, déjà vu flashed in front of her, twice. The first was Sirius with Harry in the Order of the Phoenix and the second was Sirius with James in the Half-Blood Prince. As if those were memories of what she would lose if she didn’t get in this world. But she shook her head. Their deaths were the reason why Callie was fighting, so she must keep herself together. Don’t break down now, Callie! she kept scolding herself in her head.

Finally, they arrived at the floor of his office, snapping Callie out of her reminiscence. A door welcomed them and they entered. Inside, it looked exactly just like in the movies. Callie hoped there would be the old man they needed, sitting behind his desk in the middle and scribbling down.

But the Headmaster of Hogwarts was nowhere to be found.

"He's not at Hogwarts," Remus explained to her a day before back in the shack. "The Ministry asked for his presence. I don't think he will be back soon. According to Professor McGonagall, he was doing a lot of work." Hence why the fate of the Wizarding World and their lives were on their hands.

It was a big responsibility, yes. But one must do it or else... Callie wouldn't like to think of the consequences even if the scenes were playing in her head. She shakes herself to ward it off. It’s not the time to think negatively. If only Dumbledore was not too busy, they could have sent him an owl explaining everything. Then he could do all the work. But they couldn't as Remus said. Besides, Callie didn’t trust the old man. Just what would he do if he found out about her world or their future?

"What do we do now?" asked Peter as they all looked around the place.

Callie took off the cloak around her but kept it in her hand. The office was vastly more than she expected it to be. Fawkes was there too (Callie waved hello at him) but he couldn't care less about them.

"Find the Sorting Hat," she said and started wandering around.

The four did as they were told. All of them separate ways in search of the magical, ragged, old-looking hat.

"What exactly do we need the Sorting Hat for?" asked Sirius, browsing through tables.

"The sword of Gryffindor," Callie answered as she searched through Dumbledore’s desk. She might not see it but she knew they were having confused looks painted all over their faces. "It will present itself in the hat to those who are in great need of it," she explained.

"We are going to use it to kill Voldemort?" asked James as a confirmation. 

"Yes and no." Their brows furrowed. "We are not going to use it to kill him directly but just help us kill him for good." They were still unsure what exactly she meant by that albeit they had a slight idea from what she explained yesterday. 

Their search continued. The room was vast but the sun wouldn't be down soon. They could find the hat before the day ends.

Callie had no luck in his desk but she found a parchment and a quill beside a small pot of ink. They might not be able to send Dumbledore a letter, but that didn't mean they couldn't ask for help. 

After contemplating shortly, Callie sat on his chair, grabbed the quill and scribbled down. 

Dear Professor Dumbledore,

You do not know me and it's hard to explain who I am and where I'm from. I don't know either when you will read this letter, but I'll take my chances. I know how to defeat Voldemort for good. The Marauders and I are on the move attempting to do so. 

I'm telling this to you so you can help us the moment you read this. This is a dangerous mission but I am willing to risk my life just so the others could live. I hope you do the same.

Caledonia Sinclair 

Callie put down the quill and folded the parchment. To make sure it wouldn't be seen by anyone, she hid it under his desk, in between the small gap her fingers found.

The moment she took her hand back, James exclaimed. 

"Found it!"

°°°

Originally posted: 02.05.22

A/N: Being in uni feels like being burned to dust and then being returned again just to be burned into ash once more (constantly asking myself why I chose a pre-med program)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.6K 835 34
"You look like a painting, Reg," whispered James, genuine adoration plastered in every inch of his face. "Is that a good thing?" Regulus knitted his...
7.8K 286 25
❝LION-KILLER❞ What if Harry Potter grew up loved? Regulus Black was a wreck at the age of twenty, with an incarcerated brother, a family who knew no...
1.3M 37.5K 45
Marauders Era, Enemies to lovers, LONG and painful. "Is there another life? Shall I awake and find all this a dream? There must be, we cannot be cre...
428K 12.6K 78
This is a POLY relationship. Three men with 1 girl. This story will be a comment to suggest type of story. Participation is a must. A story written b...