Danganronpa: Island Life

By fastreddragon

(Second Entry in the Danganronpa Trilogy) The five survivors of the killing school trip that took place withi... More

Bios
Chapter 1: FREEDOM
Chapter 2: REAL STRENGTH
Chapter 3: BABY STEPS
Chapter 4: NO SHAME IN NORMALCY
Chapter 5: STRESSED OUT
Chapter 6: MAINTENANCE
Chapter 7: NIGHT SHIFT
Chapter 8: CONFLICTED
Chapter 9: JUST YOU & ME
Chapter 10: MISSING PERSON
Chapter 11: SMALL TALK
Chapter 12: HASTILY MADE PLANS
Chapter 13: FREE FROM DESPAIR
Chapter 14: WHATEVER COMES NEXT
Chapter 16: RED LIGHTS
Chapter 17: BAD MEMORIES
Chapter 18: ADORABLE ASSISTANT
Chapter 19: FRUSTRATION
Chapter 20: ANTICIPATION
Chapter 21: TRUTH HURTS
Chapter 22: YOUNG MASTER
Chapter 23: MOTION SICKNESS
Chapter 24: INTUITION
Chapter 25: ENTHUSIASM
Chapter 26: SIDE EFFECTS
Chapter 27: REST IN PEACE
Chapter 28: NEVER HURTS TO TRY
Chapter 29: SNITCHES GET STITCHES
Chapter 30: PROMISES
Chapter 31: INSIDE JOB
Chapter 32: INFINITY UNLIMITED FLAME
Chapter 33: CLOUDED JUDGEMENT
Chapter 34: REBORN
Chapter 35: DOOMED TO FAIL
Chapter 36: WORLD DESTROYER
Chapter 37: REMNANTS OF HOPE (END)
OVA: ALWAYS IN OUR HEARTS

Chapter 15: NOTHING BUT LUCK

25 2 0
By fastreddragon

AUTHOR'S NOTES: Chapters 15, 16, and 17 take place at the same time, but through difference perspectives. This one will be through Nagito's point of view, while the next one will be through Hajime and Akane's point of view, and chapter 17 will be through Kazuichi, Sonia, and Fuyuhiko's point of view.

Kazuichi: "Right, so you're free now... um... there's breakfast... at the restaurant." Kazuichi had locked eyes with Nagito, who was sitting still on his bed. The sun had risen a few hours ago, even though people were just now waking up. The only people who were still asleep were Akane and Hajime, and the others didn't want to disturb them again, Kazuichi had already tried and received a very convincing threat from the Ultimate Gymnast that would make anyone feel uneasy. "So, I'm leaving now... see you later... I guess."

It was awkward trying to talk to Nagito like everything was normal. It wasn't showing right now, but there was a side to him that just couldn't be forgotten. His twisted point of view was enough to drive him to kill even himself after all. Kazuichi felt like it was wrong to allow him to walk about freely, as did the others, the only reason that he wasn't tied up right now was that Hajime had brought him back. They didn't know how it happened, but until they did, they would exercise caution around him.

Nagito: "Wait, where are you going?" The mechanic flinched when he was stopped from leaving as he wanted, he turned around and his eyes locked on to Nagito's once again.

Kazuichi: "I've gotta... go back over there, where everyone else is still laid up! I-I'll see you later!" He didn't give Nagito a chance to stop him again, turning his back to him and started running as fast as he could. Nagito stood up from his bed and went to his door, where he could see Kazuichi running out of the hotel grounds in the direction of the control room.

===========Timeskip===========

Fuyuhiko: "Look, I just want to eat some food and go back to bed, just go and do whatever. As long as you show up tonight so someone can lock you up again, you're free to do whatever you want." Fuyuhiko had told him off when he asked about how the day would be spent. Before telling him to go away, all he really said was that nothing happens until the next person wakes up. It could be assumed that if he tried to interact with anyone to pass the time, they would act nervously and maybe even run away like Kazuichi did.

Nagito: "The day to myself, hm?" After talking to Fuyuhiko at the restaurant, Nagito had quickly returned to his cottage without eating. The idea of a free day brought a small bit of excitement, and he wanted to make the best of the time he had. Thoughts going by quickly, he had decided to stop at the beach first. As close and accessible as it was, it made for an easy first choice. "It'll be just like the first day." He was talking to himself as he walked to his destination, recalling the brief time everyone swarmed at the beginning of the school trip that Usami planned back in the Neo World Program. He remembered that the skies suddenly became pitch black, covering the sky as the series of events that would come after got worse and worse, that was the exact point in time when things all went south. "It's almost ironic."

He stopped as soon as he felt the sand beneath his feet. Unlike that moment, the sky was bright and blue, free of all clouds, and he was alone. This couldn't be any farther from the moment as it already was. As he started walking towards the shore, he started to undress. First, his jacket, then his shirt, then came his socks and shoes, only his pants were remaining. He left his now folded clothes under a palm tree and rolled up his pants legs as tightly as he could, stopping just above his knees.

The water was unbelievably cold, and that was just the tide rolling over his bare feet. As he walked against and into the waves, it only became colder, a welcoming feeling as the hot sun beamed down on his pale skin. He quickly found the best position to enjoy himself, floating on his back with his eyes closed.

He became unaware of where the waters were carrying him, unable to notice anything except the gentle rocking of his body atop the waves.

===========Timeskip===========

Nagito: "Where are my- " After some time, about twenty-five minutes, Nagito had ended up ashore. He was thrown off, not seeing his clothes or the palm tree he had left them under. Trudging through the sand, he could notice that this seemed like a different beach. There were no trees here, and the road leading to the hotel was nowhere to be seen. "Oh no... ha! Hahahaha! Ahahaha!" He couldn't control his laughter. He had in fact drifted far away from where he had come from. If he wasn't at another beach on the same island, then he was at a beach of another island entirely. "It didn't even feel like I was floating that long! IZURU!!! KAZUICHI!!!"

He called out their names in case they happened to be within earshot, there was no answer. He laughed again and continued walking down the beach. The sand was getting deeper as he moved away from the shore, his feet almost becoming covered in the grains.

Nagito: "Ow." His toe had hit something beneath a mound of sand he was walking by. He tripped over and fell as well, covering his still clamp body in the rough substance. "What?" He lifted his feet and brought it down on the mound with a thud. He was expecting his leg to go through, surprised that it stopped at the surface. Getting down on his knees, he began brushing away the sand with his right hand... well, what other choice did he have? "A boat!" That's what he found after a considerate amount of cleaning. It was a rowboat, oars and all. Along with that was a clear white shopping bag that held what were probably someone's supplies for a day on the water. Inside were a few water bottles and some now very rotten fruits, he tossed the food aside and threw the bottles into the boat before moving on.

Feet finally off the sand, Nagito was met with a rather dense patch of trees. He wanted to continue moving forward but couldn't help but feel that he was being watched. Casting aside his nervousness, he took a step forward, only to wish that he hadn't.

From the lowest branch of the nearest tree, a snake was now hanging down. Its body and head were both massive for such a creature, the word 'giant' being the perfect descriptive term. Nagito froze as it fell to the ground, revealing the extra five or so foot that hid in the tree branches.

And then it started chasing him.

He spun on his heels as the reptile shot forward. He ran back towards the beach, peeking back to see his pursuer as he moved. When he came to the boat, he rammed into the back of it, pushing it forward as fast as possible.

Nagito: 'The water!' It was the only escape he could think of as he continued moving the boat across the small dunes of sand. Luckily enough for him, the boat was made to be exceptionally light, its metal easily sliding its way to the shore. As soon as the boat hit the water, he tried to jump in, falling on his back with his left leg hanging out. He smiled, happy that he made it, until he felt a slimy feeling take over his leg. Sitting up and peeking over the edge, he could see the snake, its mouth wrapped around his limb. It slowly moved up his leg, stopping a few inches from his knee. "Oh, poor thing. You don't have any fangs?" The 'bite' didn't hurt at all, he thought it felt more like he was wearing a wet sock. "Let go, little guy. You're going to drown if you follow me out here. Come on, shoo!"

He lifted one of the oars and poked it on the nose. Again, and again. As the boat floated further out, the snake loosened the hold it had on him. Eventually, it slipped off after being urged by a few waves, Nagito quickly brought in his leg and then stood up to watch the large serpent swim back to shore.

And now he was drifting on the water again.

===========Timeskip===========

Nagito's eyes were currently darting back and forth between his stump and the set of oars. If he had tried to do so, rowing with one arm would cause him to go in circles. And trying to row on the right and left sides with only one arm would leave him easily exhausted.

*Splash!*

He flinched at the sound, the feeling of cold water splashing onto his torso brought his attention away from his lack of an arm. Under his vessel, he bears witness to a school of fish, the type of which he didn't recognize. It was a sight to behold, observing them as they swam together, breaching the water to jump towards the sky.

But it quickly became overwhelming. Suddenly, there were fish jumping all around him, some even landing inside the boat. One after another, the fish surrendered their lives, filling the boat in a matter of minutes.

===========Timeskip===========

Kazuichi: "Where is that guy?" Kazuichi had been waiting for a while to lock up Nagito, but he hasn't shown up yet, he was beginning to grow suspicious of him. Could he have been planning something against the rest of them?

Nagito: "Ha... hah... I'm here." He heard Nagito's voice coming from near the gates, along with a loud scraping sound. The Ultimate Lucky Student slowly rounded the corner... dragging half of a metal boat behind him. He stopped pulling it at the midpoint between the cottages, and pulled his folded clothes and shoes out of the useless piece of metal. He slowly limped past Kazuichi and into his room, slamming the door behind him.

Kazuichi: "What... what the hell happened to him?" The remaining half of the boat was filled with dead fish and had smoke coming from where it was separated from its other half, which seemed to have been burnt as well. "What has he been doing all day!?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.8K 1.7K 23
- 𝗧𝗢𝗫𝗢𝗣𝗛𝗜𝗟𝗜𝗧𝗘: 𝗸. 𝗼𝘂𝗺𝗮 || REWRITTEN || THE REWRITE IS MUCH BETTER AND IS FARTHER IN COMPLETION. please go find the rewrite ins...
9K 272 25
[Completed] The sequel to Hot Pink Hair, still Kazuichi x Fem Reader [SPOILERS] for Danganronpa (1,2, and 3 anime) Small spoiler for V3 in the last c...
91 1 7
15 students are trapped in a school. The only way to get out is to kill one another and not get caught. You can't trust anyone. The mastermind had it...
8.3K 180 14
It's been a few years since the Killing School Life that took place in the sealed Hope's Peak Academy. The survivors of Class 78 has joined forces wi...