Who made me Penelope Judith?

By Chiron13

I was a person with a rather disappointing life. I had heart problems. I was hospitalized for a long time for... More

Prologue
1. The festival
2. Diana
3. The noble etiquette
4. The Empress
5. Tea party. Nobles. Lillian York.
6. Felix and Lily
7. Claude's troubles
8. The mother
9. One year later
10. Lippe tea
11. Flower crown.
12. Banquet
13. Dance
14. Sleepover
16. Empress's orders
17. Apology
18. Lucas
19. The magician's help
20. Waking up
21. Debut (1)
22. Debut (2)
23. Unravelling
24. Love you
25. 18 years old
26. Drunk
27. Broken
28. More heartbreak
29. Run
30. Athanasia and Jeannette
31. A complicated reunion
32. Athy
33. Meet Athanasia
34. After the marriage
35. Claude. Meet. Your. Daughter.
36. First steps
37. Lucas "babysitting"
Questions
Answers
38. School
38. More school

15. Santa Claude

4.5K 233 238
By Chiron13

I'm posting now since we're all in different timezones! Whether you read this on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning or two years after Christmas 2021, I hope that you enjoy!

~~~"(^•^)"~~~ Merry Christmas!!

"Pennyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!" Roselia shrieked on top of her lungs, banging on my door with her small fists. She has her own idea of a pleasant holiday spirit.

"Hhm?" I peeked my head out of my room moodily "What is it Lia..? I'm very busy packing so-"

"Well yes I know." She nodded "But father wants to give us our presents before we go!!!"

"Presents?" I tilted my head on the side. I got so focused on just finding the right things to gift to Claude and Roselia on Christmas (And the goddamnit Anastacius who'll get offended if I didn't get one for him) that I forgot that perhaps I'd get one too.

How'd I even forget about my own existence...? Look at me, a true unselfish being. (I can already imagine Claude saying: Pfft right.)

"Well yes! And I can't get mine until YOU'RE here too!" Lia pouted. "So hurry up!!!"

I hate this child ❤️💢 so so much.

She pulled on my arm and yanked me out of the room.

"Ughhhhhhhhhhh." I groaned as she dragged me downstairs, making us trip everywhere.

"Come on Penny!!!!." She urged.

Yes, you want your dam present, yes yes we all get it...

We stopped at the entrance to our estate where count Judith waited patiently, waiting with his bags near him.

"Oh there you are." He said as he noticed us.

"Oh...Hello father." I said as I stopped a few meters away from him.

"Father father!" Roselia let me go to pull on his arm "Can I have my present? Where is it?! Where is it?!!!!!"

Me: 😑😒💢

Count Judith smirked (how is he so used to this?) and motioned for Daisy and Jane to walk up, each with a little package in their arms.

They simultaneously opened it as Roselia hurriedly peeked inside the one Daisy was holding.

"It's very small." She noticed.

Oh come on Roselia...

I peaked into mine as well and I saw a very beautiful hairclip that looked vaguely familiar to me. It had a shiny polished flower shaped golden frame and the center of it was an immense emerald that shone brightly inside of the box. It was indeed small but also breathtakingly beautiful.

"Uhm..." I said awkwardly "This was mother's wasn't it?"

Roselia took a step back as she looked at me strangely and then to count Judith:

"What really?" She gasped "These were mother's?!"

"I think I saw these twin hair-clips on the painting of her in the living room..." I observed.

"Yes. Very perspicacious, Penelope. You've always been observant." Count Judith nodded "These were Eliza's favorite hair clips that she did originally plan to give to you."

"Oh..." Roselia said as she looked back into the box shamefully.

Well since count Judith did make an effort, I supposed I should at least show some gratitude although a family heirloom technically means nothing to me. I don't give a damn about countess Eliza's things, but I appreciate how the count thought of us.

"Father." I took his hands "Thank you for this gift. I'm very honored to have a legacy of my mother's. I love it already."

I looked to Roselia who kept staring at her new hair clip with absent eyes.

"Jane, Daisy," Joseph Judith ordered "Help them put the jewels on so that their father could see how they look with it."

Jane took the emerald hair clip out of the box and I let her install it on me. Daisy tried to do the same with Roselia.

"Don't I'll do it myself." Roselia snapped as she snatched the accessory out of her maid's hands and installed it on her hair alone like a big girl.

"Perfect. You remind me of your mother." The count nodded "Now let me show you their purpose!"

Oh they have another purpose?

He nodded to a guard near him. The guard took a few steps forward and pointed his sword at my neck. I could feel the cold tip of the sword against my neck. I didn't even dare gulp or say anything. The count, the guard, and even both the maids were perfectly calm as if me dying won't really affect them.

That's it, I'm offended.

"Uhm father..." Roselia whimpered "What are you doing to Penny?"

Well at least she cares. Or maybe she's just worried she's next.

"You may cut her neck." Count Judith said.

?!

The knight was about to really stab through my neck, but the millisecond before he could, the hair clip on my head started to buzz and vibrate and then suddenly an emerald green hallow enveloped me before I found myself 4 meters back, away from the sword and behind Jane.

"Huh?" I gasped. "What am I-"

The hair clip on my hair continued humming until it started to calm down and regain its original brilliance of emerald green.

"Continue." Count Joseph said and Jane took out a knife, prepared to stab me with it.

Jesus Christ-

Since when can Jane wield a knife!!?

The hair clip reacted again and this time I was right next to the stairs. Gods!!! That was brutal!!

"OKAY OKAY OKAY!" I yelled "THIS IS CRAZY!! I understand now! This jewel has a self protection spell on it! I get it! I get it! You can all stop threatening me now! No more need for testing! ALSO THIS IS NOT FUNNY!!" I shrieked even more loudly than Roselia ever could. "What's with all the show!!? Why didn't you do all of this on Roselia instead!!?"

"Ah you understand very quick my lady." Jane nodded, putting the knife away "Very sorry for that it was the count's order."

"Roselia do you want to test too?" The count looked to his second daughter.

"Noooooooo thank you." Roselia took two steps back, waving her arms.

"I have added a protection mechanism to your mother's hair clips after you've told me that your friend lady Lilian York had one too. It's in the trend these days." Count Judith smiled "Sadly they can only protect you against physical weapons or launched spells. Poison will still have its effects on you and magic could disarm it."

"This is great father!" I said from where I stood, hesitant to come near the others again. The stairs seemed to me like a safe place. As much as I was reassured thanks to the gem on my hair, I really didn't like seeing my own personal maid pulling out a knife to attack me. "Thank you so much I feel much safer now! Well...Even if I just had some dear members of our staff assault me...!"

"Ah you're very welcome dear!" He smiled. "I'm glad you like them." He sighed contently "You both look so much like Eliza."

"Thanksssss." I said since my sister really doesn't plan on saying anything. "I also have a gift for you father." I suddenly recalled as I reached into my pocket.

Sighing, I realized I'd have to go over there again. Fortunately the guard had retired and it seems no one desires to stab me anymore.

I gave a wrist watch to the count.

"Thank you for taking care of us, father." I said "It's easier to use than a pocket watch and not too hard to carry around. It's like a useful bracelet. It's rather new but it'll be in the trends soon enough. This way you'll always have the time on you."

And yes, I invented and designed the wristwatch in this world. Everyone else is pretty big on pocketwatches or refer to the church and cathedral bells for time reference.

"Ah thank you very much Penelope." He said, clearly not expecting the thoughtful gift.

I did mean what I said. I sincerely thanked him for taking care of me and giving me money to use for my plans.

With that, Roselia and I watched as he descended into the carriage.

"Let's go pack our bags, Roselia." I said as I nudged my little sister.

"He really gave us something that belonged to mother." She said, looking down in shame "And I said it was small..."

"Yeah that was indeed awful of you." I agreed, nodding obviously.

"Wow thank you Penelope. I feel much better now!" She snapped.

"You're welcome!" I shrugged as I went upstairs first. "Are you coming? I also have a gift for you!"

That made her all positive again. Roselia really is just Roselia. But with all the time spent with her, I acknowledged her as my sister. I do focus on Claude but I always made sure she'd get the right amount if attention from me as well.

She skipped happily upstairs behind me. Just the mention of presents is enough to get a kid riled up.

Jane and Daisy started whispering amongst themselves. I imagine Jane must be very happy she got so close to stabbing me while Daisy was regretting she did not have the chance to just try and hit Roselia for once.

The estate was brightly decorated with Christmas tinsels, mistletoe (I caught the butler kissing a maid under one and whistled like the embarrassing chikd I was) , a richly decorated Christmas tree, bright lights, ribbons, fake snow, and bells that rang everywhere. There were ginger smells coming out of the kitchen too.

Since neither me, the count nor Roselia shall be present the day of Christmas, all our employees have the day off. They can go home and celebrate with their family or they could stay at the manor and celebrate together. It was their choice. They only had to be present next week when the count would finally be home. I'll be home a day after that and Roselia a whole week after. She really likes to spend time with her friends. She never thinks of her older sister.

I can take care of myself anyways. Everyone knows I know my way around the kitchen despite my young age. Worst case scenario I could always stay with Claude in the palace.

We entered my room together and I opened my closet to pull a big gift out. I nearly tumbled under the weight of it. There was 0% chance Roselia would call this small.

"Here, open this." I said as I set it on the floor.

Roselia carefully untied the ribbon and lifted the lid, before gasping.

"Oh my god."

I had bought her a huge (and I mean hUgE) white teddybear (which I had ordered to be customized specifically for her and her needy tastes) with a large red premium silk just as big ribbon attached to its neck. Its eyes were made with pure rubies and it was wearing a bright mint green princess dress with hexagonal mesh bobbin laces and was garnished with all the most precious gemstones in this world. The crown on Princess Teddy's head was also pure gold with real sapphires topping. The dress that the teddy was wearing was also silk and in some areas it was even cashmere.

Yes that toy exists. Yes I wasted it on an ungrateful little girl.

No we're not done yet.

The fur of the teddybear was made with vicuna, which had always been the rarest clothing material ever made with llama fur in Peru (no idea what is the equal of Peru in this world, but anyway they have vicuna). I also stuffed it with cocoa truffles, Roselia's favorite candies, which also happened to be the most expensive snacks in Obelia. She really has expensive tastes.

Can you even imagine how much that hurt my wallet?! It cost probably more than the whole estate!

If this was ever donated, it'd solve world hunger or something.

"Oh my god Penelope." Roselia said as she gathered her strength and lifted the most expensive teddybear in Obelia out of the box.

"So. Do you like it?" I raised an eyebrow. If she didn't like this, I should just donate it to a poor family. Just with the teddy clothes, they'd rank up richer than most nobles immediately. Now if they use the whole teddybear they'd probably be able to raise a small army and invade other kingdoms.

"Oh my god! I am SO bringing this with me to Sienna's house! They're all going to be SO jealous!" Roselia clapped her hands excitedly.

Seems she likes it.

"I have something for you too!" She declared "It's less cool than the teddy though."

"I don't mind." I shrugged. At this point, anything is less cool than the teddy.

She hummed and disappeared for a while. While waiting for her, I reached for the opening in the expensive silk pouch of the teddy and served myself a chocolate truffle because why not.

She came back with a large box too.

"I picked it out myself." She said as she opened it for me (I didn't mind) and pulled out firstly a large purple bonnet and then a big purple cape followed by purple silk gloves, a purple silk scarf and purple boots "I noticed you seemed to be more into purple these days." She said "So I brought the whole new winter collection. In purple. They didn't have a cape your size in purple so...I got you the adult size. Whatever you'll wear it even when you'll be older right?"

I was mostly delighted she realized what my new favorite color was. Seems like she is a bit attentive when it comes to me after all.

I laughed happily: "Yes of course Roselia thank you."

I pulled her into a hug. We hugged for a full 6 seconds before she decided to pull out.

"And now I go pack!" She decided "Merry Christmas Penny, I'll be leaving first. See you in a few!"

"Bye Lia!" I nodded. "Have fun with your friends!"

Her friends who probably won't spend half of all their money on her personalized Christmas gift...

I watched as she dragged the teddy away, wondering how Jeannette's evil aunt made herself a special place in my heart. Like how'd we even get so close for me to buy her THAT present...

I still find her unreasonable for also spending New Year's Eve with her friends but whatever I'mma stay with Claude too anyway.

Once everything was ready, I went to get Jane.

"Hey Jane." I picked into her dorm room that I now discover she shares with Daisy. Now I can only imagine what they tell each other at night. No wonder Jane seemed to know Roselia so well. Daisy and her must've been gossiping and complaining about us all night "When will you be leaving?"

"I'll leave after you, m'lady." She said as she peeked up from her bags.

"Are you going back home in town?" I asked.

"Yes m'lady."

"Are your bags all packed?"

"Yes. Do you need help with yours?" Jane asked as well.

"I just need someone to carry the cakes." I shrugged "But I'm ready to leave now. Since you're prepared, take your bags and come with me. I'll ask the driver to lift you back to your home too. That way you won't need to rent a carriage yourself."

"My lady are you serious?"

"Where on my face does it say I'm joking?" I huffed, crossing my arms "I'll go get my stuff. Meet me in the lobby. Pass through the kitchen to take the 3 cakes and plates of cookies I've ordered from the chef too will you? You have 10 minutes to say Merry Christmas to your fellow co-workers. There's a dish of gingerbread man that I specifically reserved for everyone that's staying at the manor for Christmas and another for all those who'll leave. You're free to eat whatever you find in the manor, just make sure that by the time the count gets back that everything is back in place. You can even have your families visit the manor if you want, party every night until we get back, set fireworks, I really don't care, just make sure everything is in place once Roselia and the count are back. Consider it a Christmas gift from me to all of you. Now are there any questions?"

(This was, from what my former brothers told me, how all teachers explain the exams.)

God that was fast. I need oxygen 💨

Jane looked at me in a daze.

"Do you need me to repeat anything?" I asked her 👀.

"N-no?" She said.

Good. My personal maid has a quick brain capable of memorizing everything.

"K see you in 10 minutes!" I said as I went back to my room to take my things.

"O-okay!"

In exactly 10 minutes (because Jane is punctual), we stood in the lobby. She had all the cakes and cookies and her bag slung over her shoulder and an excited face. We could finally go.

I was excited when I came into the Emerald palace, waving a Merry Christmas to Jane. I gave all the cakes to butler John, instructing him to properly put those in a place where Anastacius won't find them and only brought the cookies with me.

I first stopped in Claude's room, threw my bag hurriedly on the floor there (screw manners, nobody is watching) and then ran to Adriana's room.

"Hello!" I said as I entered with a calm and dignified place.

Felix was writing something on the table nearby, swinging his legs while Claude was reading by his mother's bed.

"Penelope dear!" Adriana opened her arms and we snuggled for 3 seconds.

"Hello!" I said cheerily "I'm so glad I could spend Christmas with all of you."

She smiled at me but suddenly she turned away and coughed a little bit into her hands. It really saddens me how sick she's getting each and everyday.

I could tell by the way Felix winced a little bit by the table that he too, felt powerless. As for Claude, no need to explain...

"I can see what you brought with you, Penelope." Felix said as he looked at the plate in my hands. "I can also smell it."

Felix...

"Gingerbread men." I said as I proudly presented the cookies to them.

"Wow they look delicious!" Adriana said as she looked at them.

"Claude, you're eating this one." I said as I gave him one, setting the plate on the bed, while Felix sneakily approaches "I made it myself."

"Why is Santa wearing a green outfit?"

"It's a Christmas elf." I said dully.

"Then...Why is it so fat?"

"What's wrong with fat?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Nothing." He said before I shoved the whole thing in his mouth, making Felix giggled.

"There, enjoy the fat elf, Claude." I said "Felix would you like-...You already had some did you."

"No." The knight said innocently.

"There are breadcrumbs and sugar all over your face Felix." I shook my head "But it's okay there's plenty. I also brought 3 big cakes with me. Are you familiar with Christmas log cakes?"

"Miam." Felix nodded while Claude seemed to be choking. I wasn't worried, manhwa main characters don't die gagging on biscuits (this is the excuse I tell myself each time I did something life threatening to them).

"I did enjoy them very much when I was younger." Adriana also nodded.

"Well I'll ask someone to bring one up tonight before we all go to bed!" I said happily "Claude are you done with that?"

"Uou mafe me swawwow da hola theng!" Claude accused me as he swallowed the last bits down, embarrassed of himself "What made you think I could've finished that easily?"

"Well you weren't going to be defeated by a cookie were you?" I teased him. "Also, you offended my artistic talents."

"You have none." He huffed.

"Your highness!" Felix gasped, munching down the cookies.

"That was a bit rude, Claude." Adriana frowned.

Claude, listen to your mother!

"Hmm."  He simply looked away.

"Was it tasty at least?" I asked him.

He looked at me grudgingly "Yes."

I looked happily to the night who was munching down cookies after cookies happily.

"What were you doing, Felix?" I asked as I nibbled on a cookie, pointing at what Felix was writing on the desk.

"Homework." He said, his mouth full.

"Homework." I repeated "On Christmas Eve."

"Claude has high knight standards." Felix shrugged.

If we're going into stereotypes, I'd say Claude is an Asian parent and Felix his Asian kid...

"What? No. No I don't." The blond denied it immediately.

I think Claude isn't such a picky person. I live with Roselia after all, I know what a picky person could be. My sister had such refined taste that it was hard to meet her standards. Claude had all right to request a capable knight.

"Then stop criticizing me for...everything." Felix said, swallowing another cookie.

"Your eating habits for one are-"

"Are you sure you want the stomachache after this, Felix?" Adriana asked, interrupting her son voluntarily.

"Christmas only happens once a year, miss Adriana!" Felix said cheerily.

I can't even imagine this guy during Halloween...

"Here Claude, have some more!" I said as I gave more to Claude. He's too thin. He needs to eat more than Felix does.

As the evening started to come to an end, the three of us children, we said good night to Adriana as we al exited at the same time with an empty dish thanks to Felix's gluttony. We had also eaten a whole log cake (half of it went to Felix).

"Say Felix, are you going to stay up tonight too?" I asked the red head, whispering in his ear as a maid passed, smiling at us.

The staff here was used to me by now.

"Of course m'lady." Felix nodded.

"Okay. Then at 10 o'clock, meet us down the main staircase."

We all nodded amongst ourselves as we retired to our respective rooms. Well me in Claude's but eh same thing.

Claude noticed my bag lying on the floor.

"Well someone came here in a rush." He smirked "Was putting it on a chair properly too hard?"

"I was eager to go find you guys." I explained myself. "Now go stand in the corner while I change."

"Pfft. You're starting to act as if this was your room."

"Well I do come here often do I." I winked at him and he shrugged "Next time come hang out in mine instead."

I changed again, maximum speed and brushed my hair swiftly too. I didn't plan on staying up the whole night looking like Cheese Sandwich from My Little Pony.

Claude also changed into his night clothes and we sat on the couch, waiting for 10 pm to come.

"I have a present for you." I declared as I rummaged through my bag and pulled out a locket.

"You seem obsessed with gifting me jewelry." Claude scoffed.

"No I like sharing food with you too." I corrected him, although a handmade bracelet didn't qualify as 'jewelry' "And I give you my time and games. If the only thing you notice so far is jewelry, then-"

"I was just joking." He nudged me "I appreciate everything you do."

Get yourselves a man like this one girls! Not this one though.

"Aha okay then." I sat down next to him and showed him the casual metallic heart shaped locket with some silver lining and clicked on the little button that opened it, revealing the picture of Adriana's smiling face which I had asked Jane to reproduce whenever she was in the room with us. "Do you like it?"

I could've put my picture into it, but I don't know for sure for how long he and I would stay connected this way. I figured the one that he really should have in a locket was his mother.

"Wow." He said, amazed as he looked at his mother's picture in it "Okay wait a minute!."

He got up, opened a drawer, and pulled out something small.

"That's a picture of me." I observed, surprised "Very young."

"When you were 6." Claude explained "This is the little photo the Empress showed me to explain to me who I was going to marry. I thought you were very ugly at first."

"Dude." I said, tired of his bitchass attitude sometimes.

He paused a little while before adding:

"I want this photo in the locket too."

I was going to refuse but then, I also figured: Hey why not he asked for it. If we get separated one day and my photo is in the same place as his mother's it'll be his problem to deal with though. I did sorta sign my name at the back of the locket too anyway.

"Okay." I took the photo of my younger self and installed it on the other opening side of the locket within 5 seconds. "There, do you like it?" I turned the locket upside down "I had my name carved in, it's very small but I really didn't want you to forget who had it made just for you. Don't feel too special though, I have a tendency to customize every gift I give anyone."

"I am special to you though."

"Look at you, getting all entitled." O shook my head, smiling. He definitely wasn't wrong and he knew it.

I closed the locket in a little 'tick' and then handed it to him.

"You don't really have to wear it. Just keep it safe and stuff."

"Nah I'm going to wear it." He decided as he slipped the chain across his neck and attached it. "I have something for you too."

"You didn't have to."

He handed me a paper folded into 4. I opened it and the first thing I noticed was his writing 'For Penelope'.

(Yes it's still a very bad handwriting but it'll get there.)

Then I noticed the drawing he made for me. As touched as I was, I couldn't help but say:

"And you say I have no artistic talent."

"What, that totally looks like you!" He teased me, and I could no longer tell if he drew me like this on purpose or he's simply bad at this.

"You drew a lion with green eyes Claude!" I put a cushion on his face playfully.

"Nah it looks exactly like you!" He said as he pushed the cushion back on me "Lions have whiskers and a tail! I didn't draw any! That looks 100% like you!!! I even drew your favorite dress!!!"

"Haha..." I laughed "Oh my god I'm going to keep this for life to show everyone how god awful you are at art!"

He seemed happy that I liked it.

"I need to frame this and display this in my room." I decided as I put his drawing into my bag in a special pouch so that I won't forget about it. "Jane is so going to freak out."

"Mhm." He smiled "Would you like to go see if the servants have put out the cookies for 'Santa Claus'?"

"They do?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Yes. It's been a common tradition. The cookies always vanish before dawn when the staff wakes up though."

"Did you eat them?"

"No I always fell asleep. I normally wake up before dawn to go back to my room before anyone sees me and by then they were gone."

"Let's find out tonight who eats them then!" I suggested although I was convinced the culprit must be Felix. "Or we could eat them."

"Nah let's just sneak into the kitchen and then join up with Felix."

"Okay!" I said with complicity.

We carefully opened the door and peaked our heads outside. It feels so good doing something this bad with him.

"Should I just teleport?" Claude asked. "That'd save us the trouble-"

"Sure why not. A big blue flash in a dark hallway. That'll wake up absolutely no one." I whispered.

"Tsk. Enough with your sarcasm." He nudged me as we tiptoed outside.

"Which way to the kitchen?" I asked.

He just took my hand and we walked silently like wolves towards the kitchen. There weren't many patrols since people take day offs for the holidays.

Ah I love spending time with him like this!

We were first scared to see lights in the kitchen, but when we peeked in...

"Brother???!" Claude asked, making Anastacius lose his balance while standing on his toes on top of a chair and finally fall down in a big KABOOM.

"Claude. Penelope." Anastacius grunted painfully as we helped him get back up. "What are you doing here?"

"Well...We never really slept on Christmas Eve." Claude shrugged. "Remember?"

"Yeah right...."

"Did you find any good snacks?" Claude asked.

"No..." Anastacius informed "Butler John took precautions for the cookies and every other sweet and we can't have the cakes since it's for tomorrow's events."

"Yes we can have cake." I said as I opened the fridge and took out one of the cakes I brought. "This one's mine. John has no power over it. Here. Have a slice."

I opened, revealing the log cake to him.

"Nice." He complimented as he took out a plate "You're not having any?"

"We're full." Claude explained "We already ate one with Felix and mother."

"A whole one? Let me guess, Felix ate most of it." The older sibling smiled somewhat regrettably. That's the kind of smile that could translate into: I would've liked being there.

"Yeah that he did." I nodded as he started eating. I watched as his eyes light up. I feel full just seeing him eat, this is so weird. "I helped baking it and decorating it. How is it??"

"Amazing. The best in Obelia." Anastacius said happily as he took a big chunk out of the slice he had cut himself "You should open a bakery Penelope!"

"I can do much more than just that...I have ambitions too you know." I laughed as he finished his slice in 4 more big bites and we out the cover back on the cake.

"Now let's resume search for the snacks." Claude nudged me "It'll go faster if we all pitch in."

"No way can we go through Christmas Eve without some snacks to keep us awake...!" I agreed.

It only took 15 minutes but I dug out a beautiful jar of biscuits with frosted sugar.

"This looks divine." Anastacius looked in it and sniffed "My nose is also blessed."

"This will most certainly do!" Claude joined him.

"It's almost time for meeting Felix now." I said "We should go."

"You're still staying up for Santa Claus?" Anastacius asked.

"Not necessarily him, but for whoever does end up eating the cookies the maids put in the main room." Claude said. "Everyone knows Santa Claus isn't real."

"You don't know that." I said just to see how he'd react.

"We stayed up till 4 am once and didn't see him." Anastacius huffed, crossing his arms. "I thought you'd just take the cookies back to your room for game night...? You're actually going to stake out again? Kinda hopeless though. Seriously Claude? The number of times we tried??"

"That's because you're both naughty children." I explained sarcastically. Let's be honest, none of these two are angels. Claude is very kind and innocent right now, but he's been skipping classes to go chillax in the garden a lot. No, he's not on the good children list. And do I even need to explain for Anastacius?

"Hey!" My fiancé complained. "You're not so nice either!"

Meh I spent enough money on my little sister's Christmas gift to buy Santa's entire toy atelier! I'm very generous thank you very much. At least I don't skip any classes.

"Yes but you and his highness are absolutely naughty children." I replied calmly.

To prove my point, Anastacius was about to put a hand in the jar.

"No-ope." I said as I moved away from him with it "Unless you want to join us, your highness?"

"I'm the crown prince, you can't deny me my cookies."

"Yes I can." I simply shrugged as he gasped, increasingly offended "Shall we go Claude?"

He nodded and we went out, his big brother trailing behind us, grudgingly coming too. 'Just for the cookies' or so he said. We met Felix, sitting at the bottom of the staircase, staring at a plate of cookies on a table with a glass of milk.

"Hey Felix." I said as I set the jar between me and Claude, where it'll be safe.

We still started sharing the magnificent content of the jar with everyone though.

"Your highness," I turned to Anastacius as we were all hiding behind the stairs, eating snacks "Are you still allowed to do this? I thought you had work to do. Will you be able to wake up on time tomorrow"

"Screw that." He shrugged "I like being here with you. I feel the Christmas spirit better here then anywhere else. I wish I was with you when you ate the cake with Claude's mother. Invite me next time." He pouted.

He said that with an awful lot of sincerity.

"Do you want a hug, your highness?" Because at that moment I wanted to hug him very badly.

"Sure go on."

I hugged him.

"Aha aha ahem ahem!" Claude fake coughed. It was the worse fake cough I ever heard.

Message received. I released Anastacius.

"Also, look what head maid Johanna gave me." Felix said as he pulled out a red Santa hat. "She made it herself isn't it cool?"

"Oh may I see?" I asked as he handed me the hat. "Oh I have an idea."

In the pitch dark palace I could still see Claude's hair and features, I put the hat onto him.

"Now we have Santa Claude!" I said happily as everyone else but Claude smiled too. "Very cute-uh-handsome!"

"Tsk." Claude made his favorite sound before he turned away. I couldn't see that well in the darkness but I could tell he blushed.

We continued talking and eating although my head and eyelids felt more heavy at each passing second. Anastacius and Felix quickly finished the cookies and then soon enough we all focused on the plate on the table.

"I kinda want some of those..." Felix whispered at some point.

"That defeats the purpose of why we're here in the first place!" I hissed.

"Felix you fool!" Claude tsked.

"Didn't you just eat half the jar, Felix?" Anastacius frowned.

It was a quiet night. Quite chilly too. And so we snuggled together like a bunch of owls during early spring, sharing warmth. The royals smelled good. As much as it felt good and cozy, being squeezed between Anastacius and Claude, I admit that it had its certain moments of awkwardness. (Like the 20 + times I mistook Anastacius's shoulder for Claude's and accidentally set my head on it).

It was always very dark, but I liked it. I liked the fact that the only source of light was the moon's light outside the big windows. I liked talking in a hushed tone with my favorite people in the world, sitting down with them. I liked what we were doing.

Then suddenly we saw a swift movement outside the big windows.

"Santa's sled?" Claude yawned.

"I don't know, maybe." Anastacius whispered.

There were more and more swift movements.

"The wind." I decided and everyone else agreed.

"You know what I'm getting sleepy." Anastacius complained.

"Haha weak." Felix let slip "Oh gods I'm so sorry for that I didn't mean it everything is my fault I just let it slip it was such an awful reflex really I admire your highness please spare me."

"I ain't killing no one on Christmas Felix." Anastacius cackled before he settled his head on my shoulder "This is nice."

"Uhm okayyyyyyyy." I squirmed awkwardly, darting my eyes elsewhere as he snuggled against my collarbone.

I was glad I couldn't see Claude's expression in the dark, I could tell he was unhappy.

"Hey!" Felix nudged Claude "Is that the cookie eater?"

We looked where he pointed. There was a human shadow near one of the big rectangular windows.

"Uhm...That's not Santa Claus." I stated while Anastacius hummed sleepily on my shoulder "No offense to the big guy but...This is a thin guy."

"No that's two thin guys." Claude noticed.

"Tree-" I said "Free. Tea. No three. I meant 3."

No my brain doesn't function at this hour. Tree-three ugh. So hard to pronounce a number.

"They are 4." Felix said.

"5." Claude rectified. "Christmas elves?"

"Maybe. They're too tall though." I shrugged, making Stacy grumble. I'm still on the 'Santa isn't real' side of the force but perhaps Santa is real in Obelia?

One of the shadows started to wiggle and then suddenly the window opened.

"How did they-" Claude gasped.

"Lock picking?" I shrugged once again so Anastacius groaned.

The 5 shadows started stepping in through the tall windows. There was suddenly a metallic gleam near them.

I felt threatened all of a sudden.

"They're armed." Felix said suddenly on a warning tone.

We were well hidden in the darkness so they wouldn't see us. We could hear their hushed whispering however.

"Christmas Eve is always the best night to do this." They said quietly. "There are almost no patrols."

"Thieves." Claude said in my ear "They're not here for the cookies."

Oh really?

"What do we do?" I asked him just as quietly "We can't just stay here!"

"No we have to." Felix said "If we move they see us. We're well hidden enough..."

"Hhm. Cookies." One of them said as they approached the plate of cookies, so that meant that they were VERY near us. "How kind of the royals to-"

We all inched a little bit back.

"They're not for you." Another one hissed.

"They're for Santa Claus." Another one cackled.

"Ignore the cookies!" The one upstairs hissed. "We're here for the other stuff!"

"If you insist!" The one that was around the cookies huffed as he turned around and knocked over the whole table, making the porcelain plate fall to the ground and explode.

Shards flew towards us and even on us. I received one on my arm.

I don't know which of the 3 boys did it, but one of the 3 yelped. That certainly blew our cover. The thief looked immediately towards us.

"Well done." I hissed to the boys "Which one of you 3 wusses had to do that?"

"Boss." The thief looked to the one upstairs who was putting a vase into a bag carefully "Children! What do we do with them!!!?"

"Destroy them." The boss shrugged.

They couldn't see Anastacius's and Claude's eyes in the darkness. They didn't know these were the two princes of the empire.

The thief pointed a finger towards us.

"Mana." Felix stated. Before that 'something' flashed, he grabbed Claude's wrist and jumped over to the side of the stairs with him.

As for me, before I even realized it, Anastacius woke up all of a sudden and when I opened up my eyes, we were at the other side of the stairs, me in his arms in a bridal style.

"Okay." He set me down "You're heavier than you look."

If we weren't in immediate danger, I would've gotten offended. It seems he's minimizing my efforts to go on a diet these days. (Yes okay fine I did have a certain amount of sweets but hey it's Christmas).

"Why are you still whispering?" I asked him.

"Why are YOU still whispering?" He hissed back.

"What are you doing?" The thief boss also hissed "Kill them before one of them wakes up the entire place! And quicker than this!! You. Grab the painting over there!"

A thief continued chasing after Felix and Claude but honestly, they were two kids who were hard to kill.

And I had enough problems on my own. Also, for the night, I didn't wear my special self defense hair clip. I can get intelligent sometimes huh...?

A thief continued firing all sorts of things at us. Anastacius wrapped his arms around my waist (hourray for awkwardness) and he literally ran away with me (hourray for height difference).

"Stop them stop them stop them!" The boss hissed irritatedly .

"Stop attacking!" Felix shouted back "These are the princes of Obelia!"

As a few of them started hesitating, the boss spoke up once again: "Princes or not, they saw us and they can get loud! Just get them! The emperor can make new kids!!"

...

So there we were, Anastacius and I, cornered by two men.

"Hum Stacy...What do we do?" I asked nervously "Can I tell you something? I sorta really don't want to die on Christmas."

"Really? It sounds interesting though." He said "Better than to die on your birthday. Or imagine dying on New Year. You would be so so close to witnessing a new year!"

"What is wrong with you!?" I snapped. "Get us out of here!!"

One of the thieves took out a knife and I felt Anastacius's grip on me tighten.

"Hehe don't worry Penelope." He whispered in my ear as one of his hands covered my eyes "It'll be over quick."

His chest started becoming very hot (I should know I was being pressed against it). Through his hand I saw a big, bright and luminous blue flash. I felt like strong gusts of wind were escaping his body. I was certain that it woke up the whole entire palace or perhaps it at least got a grip of the guards.

I heard the thieves yelp in retreat.

"Go!" The leader ordered and I heard the window open quickly as the thieves (surely) escaped through.

"Anastacius." I said as he kept his hand on my face "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah." He said. "They're gone."

"What happened?" I asked.

"I simply shined a bit brighter than I do normally." Anastacius said shakily and I envisioned his smug smile "Are you okay?"

"Well yeah." I admitted "Thanks to you. Are you okay?"

"Well yes. I'm proud of myself mostly." He said.

...

Oh this guy. I'm still thankful for him though.

"Can I see now?" I asked as I heard footsteps running towards us. The guards were coming.

He took his hand off my face (I kinda missed the feeling though) and I immediately searched for Claude.

"He's over there." Anastacius pointed his chin towards the other end of the staircase. "He'll be knocked out until lunch time tomorrow probably. I covered your eyes for a specific reason."

I ran towards Claude at maximum speed.

"Your highness!!" The guards came running in all of a sudden as I reached Claude. He was with Felix, both of them completely unconscious on the ground. Felix had a nasty cut with blood bleeding from his arm. Claude seemed intact. He better never criticize Felix on his duty again after today.

"Claude." I shook him, but Anastacius was correct, both him and Felix were passed out cold.

"Chase after the thieves!" Anastacius ordered "They went through that window over there!"

Then he walked towards me.

"Not an ideal way to spend Christmas eh." He said as he reached me.

"Well...We literally got assaulted for...I dunno 5 whole minutes! My fiancé is knocked out on the cold marble floor!." I glared at him "No this was not my ideal way to spend Christmas! Do you seriously think you're funny?"

"You're not any funnier."

Offense taken.

"What time is it?" Anastacius asked the guard near us.

"1 am your highness." He replied.

"Very well. Carry my brother and Felix back to their respective rooms." Anastacius ordered. He had much authority. "Treat Felix's wound well too once you put him back to bed. Do you already know where to go?"

The guards nodded as two of them picked up Felix and Claude and walked back upstairs.

"We shall report this to the butler at dawn, your highness." They said "We recommend you get to bed before butler John wakes up."

Anastacius looked back to me.

"Are you really okay?" He asked.

"I already told you that I am." I shrugged "It's my first time being attacked but I'm fine. I'll be turning in too since it's late. So should you, Stacy. I wager you'd get in trouble tomorrow. You should get some rest."

"You're right. Good night." He said as he walked away.

It sorta seems wrong to end the evening like this. I can't just let him walk away without giving him anything. This is Christmas after all and he just most probably saved my life.

"Anastacius." I walked up to him and he stopped.

I kissed his cheek. (In a very friendly way just to express my gratitude)

"Thank you." I sighed "And Merry Christmas."

He looked stunned.

"Merry Christmas."

~~~~~~~

Yes it was a longer chapter but whatever it's Christmas.

Check out what my friend (yes the same one that drew Athanasia for me) gave me for Christmas!!!!

Yes yes I know!! ^U^

I bet you wish you had this! *incoherent squealing*

This was the original model ⬇️⤵️

Anyways, I wish you a merry Christmas (even those who aren't reading this for Christmas), a happy New Year (even if you aren't reading for New Year), and...You know what, just have a beautiful life!!! (Because I'm sure there are no undeads reading my story!!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

125K 5.3K 16
A boy that get killed by his own father get reincarnated in the manhwa who made me a princess as an unknown character, only for him to be abandoned...
56K 1.7K 24
I'm tired. I did my best, no one acknowledged me. It seems to be hell wherever I go or do. I died and reincarnated. When can I stop acting? "END MY M...
49.8K 1.6K 18
- WMMAP | Lucas X OC - Different goals. Different memories. But same hearts. - Disclaimer: I don't own who made me a princess. -
31.3K 870 21
In the world of Kim Iseul, a lonely and depressed child, life has been nothing but a series of abuse and neglect. Her parents and friends have subjec...