My Brother's Best Friend | co...

By tinxla

Kylie Sawyer moves in with her older brother, Jake, and his roommate/best friend, Damian King. With Damian be... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
SPIN OFF
EXTRA, EXTRA, READ ALL ABOUT IT
Extra 1
Extra 2
Extra 3
Extra 4
Extra 5
Extra 6
Extra 7
Extra 8
ME AGAIN
Self Advertising xD
Review
Publishing?
Well, would you look at that?
Le bonus chapter? Heh, well. . .
[official] BONUS CHAPTER

Chapter Fifteen

139K 3.4K 816
By tinxla

Yet another day, I was at work. I was enjoying work, sure, but then again it was becoming more like a routine. I didn't mind it though. Work was work and it wasn't suppose to be fun. I enjoyed how so many little children came up to me just to show me what their parents were going to buy them. They spoke with so much passion about the toy and where the character came from. Well, what the toy was based on. It was usually based on shows but they had so much passion for them and it made my heart melt. They kept speaking to me until their parents came and apologised then dragged their child to the counter so they could buy the toy. "Excuse me, miss?" I turn around and I'm faced with Toby, Justin and Trevor.

"Hey guys! What are you doing here?" I ask. It was weird they were here, they never visited me here.

"We thought we'd come and visit you because we were curious if you wanted to see a movie with us later?" Trevor questioned. I shrugged and said I'd love to. "Cool, shall we come by when you finish work?" I said that that would be fine and told them when I would finish. "Ah, yeah, we will have enough time to get to the cinema."

"Alright, that's cool. Can't wait!"

"Good, we'll see you later," Justin says. I noticed he now has blue hair and I have to admit, he looked really great. It's odd how one person seems to make all sorts of colours work.

"Nice hair by the way, Justin. It looks amazing!" I compliment, running my hand through his hair quickly. What? He was the one who had pretty soft hair, oddly enough.

"Thanks! Maybe you-"

"-I am not dyeing my hair blue," I tell him with a laugh.

"Oh, fine. None of you are fun," he pouts. Trevor, Toby and I all roll our eyes at him and then we exchange goodbyes before they all leave. I quickly excuses myself from the shop floor to go to the toilet. As I went to the locker room, I quickly pulled my phone out and texted Damian to tell him I wasn't going to be home later as I was going to the movies with the guys. I didn't bother waiting for a reply because I actually really did have to go toilet.

About half an hour later, I was startled by Damian's voice. I asked him what he was doing here because I actually thought he was at work. "Shift ended early. I was going to offer you a lift home but you're not going home straight away." Well, I guess he got the text. Let me tell you, he did not seem all too pleased that I was going.

"Oh, yeah. So, um, there should be dinner left? Well, unless you want to order takeaway, whichever you want." He hummed in reply and I took that as my cue to carry on with my work. As I was, he still hovered around me. "Do you need something?" I queried.

"You," he said with a straight face. Um, okay. "Don't go, please?"

"Please tell me you're not turning into Jake? I really need a break for him and I'd love to hang out with my friends without him telling me I can't, acting as if he's my third parent. I feel like I already have three, I don't need you becoming a fourth." I do love Jake, but he acts like a parent to me when he's only a few years older than me.

"I just wanted to spend some time with you but yeah, you should spend time with your friends before Jake comes back," he tells me, smiling away. I could see in his eyes that he was... Hurt? Why hurt?

"Oh, are you sure?" I mean, it wouldn't be so bad if I invited him along, right? Maybe that'll make him happier? "Maybe you can come with us?" At my suggestion, I saw his eyes light up slightly.

"Really? They wouldn't mind? You don't mind?" I shook my head and told him it would be fine. Well, I hoped it would be fine with them. They all knew him anyway, so it shouldn't be a problem. I then told him to meet us after my shift which finished soon. He then walked out the store, thankfully not kissing me by surprise. Well, I suppose I wouldn't have minded it.

Time flew by quick and next thing I knew, Toby was in the store asking if I had finished work.

"Yeah, I'll be out in a minute. Oh! Damian is coming with us too. I hope you guys don't mind."

"Damian? Why? I thought you guys didn't get along?" Oh, right, Toby thinks we don't get along. Oops. I complained about Damian to Toby but I never really told him about how we were properly getting along now. Toby and I were the closest, I'd even call him my best friend but I'm sure it's a bit too soon for that. We got on like a house on fire and he's a really good friend.

"Well, we do now. Jake forced us to hang out recently and we've been getting along now. I just thought Damian might be lonely since Jake is gone for the week," I said with the shrug of my shoulders.

"Oh, fair enough. But didn't you say he sleeps around a lot?" Well, yeah. I suppose I did say that, oops.

"Oddly, he hasn't recently been doing so as far as I know. He seems to like to brag about it, but he hasn't done so. I figured he would've said no if he had something better to do but he said he's up for a movie."

"I see, well we will all see you outside. I think Freddie is also joining us so Damian has a friend at least," Toby laughed. Toby and I said a quick goodbye and I went up to my locker to gather my stuff. After I did, I said goodbye to Trixie, Mason and Pete. Those three were working until closing time whereas I was scheduled to leave now. I think it was probably because I was still new. I went outside and my friends were all waiting, Damian and Freddie included. Freddie seemed to be playfully bullying Trevor, as brothers do. Freddie had Trevor in a headlock and was giving him a noogie. Freddie was rubbing his knuckle on Trevor's head, despite Trevor's protests for him to stop. I started laughing at the sight because Freddie was laughing like an evil maniac and Trevor was trying to get himself out of the headlock.

"Alright, guys, let's get to the cinema!" I say, hopefully loud enough for Freddie to look up and stop. Well, he did look up. Did he stop? No. He kept doing it until Trevor punched him in the nuts. Freddie bent over in pain and Damian walked over to him, bending down to his height.

"You deserved it," he told Freddie with a chuckle. Freddie went and punched Damian's arm whilst the others and I started laughing. Trevor was rubbing his neck as well as his head.

After Freddie recovered from his injury, and declaring that he will get Trevor back, we made our way to the cinema. Toby and I walked together and were chatting. Just as we were nearing the cinema, Damian decided to push between us and interrupt our chat.

"So, how goes things for you two?" he asks, putting his arms around mine and Toby's shoulders.

"Um, great?" I answer, but it was more like a question though. Toby mumbled a reply that things were going good for him. Damian hummed in reply and we kept walking like this, but in silent. We eventually reached the cinema and I asked them if they had already decided on a movie. There was all sorts playing. There were romances, action, comedy, horror, animated etc. I didn't really mind what we saw but I knew we were definitely not seeing a romance. I'm pretty sure they would all protest against it.

"Not really, we were thinking of a horror though," Justin replied, tapping his chin as he looked at the movies that were currently playing.

"Really? Yes, let's do it!" I loved horror. I loved how it scared the hell out of me but I also loved the fact how the characters seemed to live in a universe where horror movies didn't exist. They always ran towards danger. If I were in their position, I would leg it in the opposite direction and head to safety. I mean, why would you go towards it? They must seriously be crazy. They seemed shocked that I liked horror. It was probably because most girls didn't like horror because they were squeamish or something. I just dismissed their shocked faces and asked if we were just going to stand around like lemons or decide.

"You're quite fiesty for a little girl," Toby commented. I threw a glare in his direction.

"I'm not a little girl. I can probably beat you in a fight," I state, crossing my arms. I smirk at him when he scoffs. "You know I can. Look at these muscles," I said, flexing my arms and making the others laugh. I knew I didn't have muscles, and I definitely could beat Toby in a fight - not that I was going to try anyway.

"If she beats you, you could renew your name of being the baby of the group," Trevor teased, making Toby glower at him.

"Shut up, we're not fighting," Toby protests, shaking his head at all of us.

"Afraid you'll lose?" I taunt. I only joking around because let's face it, I am not a fighter.

"No, because it's not right to hit a woman." The rest of the boys aww'd at him, except Damian.

"He is right though," Damian added. He hadn't really said a word until now. I suppose he was just hanging back and watching us? "Woman are supposed to be respected so Toby is being a man and not fighting with her." Freddie then agreed with Damian. Toby sported s triumphant look and stuck his middle finger up at all of us - except at Damian and Freddie.

After that, we end up choosing a horror movie. I saw between Toby and Damian, since Damian insisted to me that we sat together. He didn't do it in front of other people though. He pulled me aside and told me he wanted to sit next to me. I didn't argue and just agreed. During the movie, I was finding it hard to concentrate because Damian kept trying to hold my hand throughout the movie. I kept trying to remove his hand from mine and even moved it somewhat away from his reach, but he still found a way. I give up at trying to stop him and just allowed him to hold my hand. I glanced sideways at him and could see that victorious look on his face. I rolled my eyes and steered my concentration back to the movie.

Once the movie ended, we all hung around a bit and spoke about the movie. It wasn't a very good one, not scary at all! We then all said our goodbyes and headed home, Damian and I walking to his car. In the car, I kept glaring at him.

"You're a very distracting person, you know?"

"Couldn't help myself," he simply replied. He started the car and drove us both home. I didn't bother replying after that because there wasn't any point. It was just hand holding, nothing too bad. It's not like the others saw. We were in a cinema, it was dark. They wouldn't be able to see. It didn't mean anything, I could've pretended I was scared and holding his hand. Yeah, that's a good cover.

I got some menus out that Damian and Jake had and looked at what takeout I wanted. I was in the mood for takeout and I was beginning to see why they had it almost every night - it was so unhealthy that it was just so good, and it was quick. "Hey, Damian, I'm ordering Indian. You want anything?" He came and stood beside me, scanning over the menu too. He picked what he wanted and I called up the place, ordering some food for us.

"Why did you rudely interrupt mine and Toby's conversation?" I ask with a frown.

"I was just trying to be friendly," he said, not even looking at me. He was looking down at his phone and smiling. "Look, Jake says hi!" He showed me his phone where Jake had sent a selfie with a thumbs up. "He said he landed safe and he went to see Samantha." I hated how he changed the subject with me but I was definitely curious about Jake.

"How did things go with them?" I ask, sitting beside Damian on the arm of the couch.

"He won't say." Out of nowhere, he pulls me down from the arm of the couch and into his lap.

"What are you doing?" I ask, narrowing my eyes into slits at him. I knew he was up to no good, and I didn't like the look in his eyes. It was too...mischievous.

"Nothing," he innocently spoke. He leaned closer to me and I knew he was about to kiss me, so I pushed him away. "Aw, you're no fun, babe."

"If you want to kiss me, you'll have to find a way to make me your girlfriend," I tell him, knowing he wouldn't succeed.

"I like a challenge, challenge accepted."

"You know you'll fail, right?"

"Babe, anything can happen in the next few days. Watch me succeed, I'll sweep you off your feet and you'll be putty in my hands." Psh, as if. "You'll be my girlfriend sooner or later." Yeah right, in your dreams. He then stood up when the doorbell went, making me fall off his lap. Thankfully, I fell off onto the couch. He went and got the food for us, putting it in the kitchen. "You seem like you're doubting me," he points out when he walks back into the living room. "Why do you doubt me?"

"Because I know you won't succeed," I tell him, giving him an innocent smile and then walking past him.

He stops me by the arm and smirks, "Game on, sweetheart."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

311K 6.4K 38
Summer Tuckerman is the only and youngest girl in her family with seven older brothers. After their parents abandoned them four years ago, Summer's o...
860K 23.3K 77
She lives her life to the fullest as she is love by everyone in her home, where everyone supports and cheers for her. Some things also somewhat make...
32.9K 3.1K 23
"Why are you ignoring me?" "Ahh---Lucas I don't know. Whenever I have tried to trust someone I have been betrayed. Even my so-called friends have hur...
215K 7.2K 36
Nathaniel Knox has only ever seen Phoebe as one thing: forbidden. He's no good for anyone - especially not someone as sweet as his best friend's litt...