All I ever wanted

By kukkuuryyd

They were young, and she loved him more than anything. She wrote a love letter to him, a poetry, but nothing... More

1.
2.
3.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.

4.

668 34 5
By kukkuuryyd

4. AFTER TEN YEARS WE MEET AGAIN

Eevi

This is the day, meeting him after ten years.
I have been very nervous for the past days, and I have done long days in work, because it seems to be only place where I don't think about him.
When I'm playing piano, I'm singing love songs.
Every time when I sing, I sing for him.
But today is also happy day, because I see Tommi. It has been a long time when I saw him last time.
I'm of course happy to see Aleksi and Joonas too, they are amazing and fun company.

I had a day off today and I just woke up. It was 9am.
I got a few messages from Niko that he can pick me up to their rehearsal place, and it was fine to me.
Usually Tommi would've had drove us all there, but he had a long drive from Oulu yesterday, and he slept in a hotel with Olli.

I brushed my teeth, and I looked myself from the mirror. My brown hair looked like a mess without brushing it, but I kinda liked it. I still brushed it and then took a deep breath. Niko was already waiting for me in his car, and it was a hot day.
I put on my black top and mom jeans, which were ripped.
I left my apartment, and I felt dizzy.
Because of him.
I'm so scared to meet him again, how I will react?
How he will react?
Will he ask why I decided to end our friendship?
The next door opened, and there came one old lady.
She's very nice, we always greet each other and sometimes she will talk with me and tolds about her day and how someone took the last jam jar at the store.
She gave me that sweet smile, and I smiled back while I leaned against my door. I was too scared to leave the building.

"Is everything okay, my dear child?" She asked worried and came closer.
"Yeah, I'm fine." I smiled and tried to be normal as possible.
"You don't seem like it. Have you drank water? It's going to be a sunny and hot day." She asked and stroked my arm. She's little shorter than me, and has grey hair which is in a little bun in her neck.
She has seen life, and her husband died about eight years ago. She has told me that she worked as a music teacher.
And she loves the fact that I play piano and sing, once she actually invited me to her and she asked me to play piano. I did, and she loved it. It made me happy.

"Actually.. I'm going to see an old friend.. and I'm very nervous about it." I chuckled nervously.
She nodded and smiled a little.
"Does this friend happen to be a man?" She smirked.
I just nodded and she smiled even more.
"I know what love is. It's the most beautiful thing in the world, and I see that you're in love." She told me and I blushed.
See, Olli. It's that obvious.
I'm in love with you.
And that love hasn't gone away.
After ten years, I still love you.

"But it's not easy." I looked my hands.
"I know it's not. I remember when I was eighteen, and I fell in love hardly. That man, Rauli, he stole my heart. He was ten years older than me, but we didn't care. We got married, and we were together to the very end. After his death my life changed, and still I visit his grave every day. Don't lose your hope, I can feel how your life will change." She comforted me and then gave me a hug.
We got out of the elevator and I kept the door open for her, she smiled.
Niko was scrolling his phone in the car, I opened the passenger seat door and hopped in.

That old lady walked to us and looked us both.
"You two have same eyes, and almost same hair." She smiled and we smiled to her back.
"What was your name again young man?" She asked from my brother, who had his hair open.
"Niko." He smiled.
"Yeah, Niko. When I was younger I had exactly same hair like you." She smirked and then walked away.
I closed the door and we both grinned.
"That lady is still visiting the grave every day?" Niko asked as we watched her walking.
"Yes. That's true love." I sighed daydreaming.

Niko drove us to their rehearsal place, it took about fifteen minutes.
He stopped the car to a parking lot, and I took a very deep breath. Because I already saw Tommi's car there, next to us.
"Hey, it's going to be okay. Don't take too much pressure." Niko said calmly and placed his hand to my shoulder.
"It's easy for you to say. I have only waited this day with fear, that when I will face him again." I zoned out.
"You just have to do it. I'm there for you if it gets uncomfortable, Tommi is there too." He told me smiling and I just nodded.
I'm very lucky to have a big brother like Niko, he has always been so protective and he understands me better than others. When we were young, we never fought. He got badly bullied, and I felt so bad for him. I wanted to protect him, and I tried.
I remember once when I stood up for him, and I got beated as well.
But I'm not regretting it.
I would do anything that Niko would stay safe and he's alright, and vice versa.

It felt like forever to walk there, that elevator journey took forever and the time just went so slow.
Niko was just about to open the door, but he gave me a last look.
I nodded and he opened it.
I heard talking and laughing, and Niko went in first. I followed him and I felt so nervous, scared and from all this pressure I wanted to cry.

I heard his voice.
After ten years.
Now it all got real.
I'm going to face him.
No, I can't.
I took a grip of Niko's hand and he stopped, he's only few cents taller than me.
"Don't be scared, everything will be alright." He quietly spoke and gave me a quick hug.

"Hey guys, how you doing?" Niko asked excited when we reached others. I stayed little further away, but then I saw that brown haired drummer.
I started to smile widely.
"Tommi." I smiled and he walked up to me and gave me one of those warm and safe hugs.
"I missed you." He talked with his low voice.
When we pulled apart and Tommi stood next to me, I saw him.

Olli. He has changed a lot. Of course he has grown into a man, what did I except?
But you know, when we had that eye contact, I felt like we were teenagers again.
I could feel how all the memories came to my mind.
Those many sleepovers, when we watched movies and laughed a lot. All the time I was so in love with him.
But he didn't know it.
And still he doesn't.
I wanted to smile, but at the same time I couldn't.
He smiled, and that made me smile too.
Because his smile is one of those which makes me always happy.
I forgot all the bad things, and he came closer.
"It has been a long time, Eevi..." Olli said. His voice.. it's still kind and warm.

His eyes are the same, but hair is different.
He's still handsome. He always have been and always will be.
"I missed you.." Was all I could say, my voice was weak and my eyes started to full with tears.
He came closer and pulled me into a hug. I wrapped my hands around his body.
This hug reminds me of all of our hugs from the past.
They are the same. Safe.
I cried.
Everyone left us alone, they saw how special this moment was.
I sobbed against his chest.
He didn't let go. He stroked my back.
I just wish I had never let go of you.
It's one of those things I regret.
But I had to do it. Maybe it was faith?

"All these years I have been thinking about how you're doing." Olli broke the silence between us, and we pulled apart only a little, so we could look each other in the eyes.
"But still I don't understand what happened. You didn't talk to me anymore, you didn't answer to my texts or calls. You looked.. sick.." Olli gently spoke and looked me. His magical eyes.. I have never forgot how they look.
His eyes have been in my dreams many times.

"I was sick.. mentally and physically." I talked with my weak voice, but I didn't cry anymore.
"Were you all alone?" He frowned his eyebrows.
"No. I had Tommi. And Niko of course." I smiled a little.
Olli looked me up and down, and he studied my face, hair and everything.
"You have changed. I don't see your black hair anymore." He smirked and I did too.
"Yeah.. that black color disappeared a long time ago. But still I am that rock n roll girl you knew back then." I looked our feet.

"Do you still play piano?" He asked and I lifted my head up again.
"I do." I nodded and he smiled.
"Do you still sing? I remember how I played guitar and you sang, you have really good and pretty voice." He smiled and that made me blush.
"I sing almost every day, I hum at least daily." I smiled.

"Are you guys okay? Are we still crying?" Joonas asked behind Olli, and he turned around. We both looked that blonde man.
"Everything is great." I said and Joonas nodded smiling. He didn't know that I was in love with Olli.
No one else did but Niko and Joel.
Now it came to my mind back.
Olli is dating with my old best friend.
That made my good feeling going down.
We walked to others and they were already talking and laughing like always.
I watched how Olli sat on the couch next to Aleksi, I leaned against the wall.
He laughed.

That laugh. It's the same laugh like it was ten years ago. And I love his smile, and that little gap between his teeth. He's the sweetiest and prettiest man alive.
And still I have to admit the fact that everything went like it went.
I'm suprised how good we came along, but that's not actually a suprise.
I am still scared about the future, the coming tour and everything.
I have to make a decision, will I go with them?
But there is one thing I wish. I don't want to meet Emilia.
If that happens, my nerves will break.

Olli and Eevi met again, after ten years!
Thank you so much for reading this story, and of course my other stories as well.
I'm very thankful of every comment and vote, as always 🖤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.2K 746 27
Two lonely souls. He's wild and free, living his best life as an guitarist and chasing his dreams. She has bleak mind, and with her broken soul she'...
4.1K 394 23
Sequel from 'All I ever wanted', 'Hold me tight' and 'Only for you darling'. I highly recommend of reading them first, so you'll understand this stor...
20.9K 1.4K 46
How can an argument in a taxi bring your life upside down? Just an simple argument like that can make you find your worst enemy or your soulmate Thi...
42.7K 1.8K 42
You may think that moving on from one relationship to another would be easy. But is it really? Are we really willing to let go from the past so easil...