My mother married a Capo

By ElaheKarami

Alison Harris is a normal 17-year-old girl, living her normal life with her mother. That is when her mother s... More

Intro
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Important A/N
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 51
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter: Mason and Bella's first date
A/N
Sequel

Chapter 50

14.6K 475 101
By ElaheKarami

A/N: Hi guys. I remember all of you hate poor Bella's guts the moment she stepped into the King Mansion and now you are slaughtering me for killing her :)) Now keep listening to 'hold on' and continue reading. Wear your black clothes and ready yourself for her funeral. Just like you were asking that time, I send her out of the picture. Your wish has been fulfilled. (Kidding :) ) Read till the end, please. You won't be so sad at the end. 

----------------------------------------------------------

Ben and Rich were rooted in their spots, watching everything like slow motion. The moment Mason left them in the company's parking lot with a bunch of orders, they had driven toward the base where Albert was arranging everything for the attack. 

Mason knew Volkov probably had put some watch on the base's entry and exit to make sure he was going to meet him alone, but what Volkov didn't know was that they had secret tunnels under the base grounds, leading to a secret door in a parking lot not far away from the base for emergency and that day was an exact emergency.

So none of Volkov's men got aware of the 15 SUVs leaving a parking lot close to the base half an hour after the call, heading to the woods around the abandoned building. Once there, the guards split into four groups led by Ben, Rich, Albert, and Tony. They all were wearing thermal eyewear as Mason had ordered to be able to see Volkov's men who may be hidden in the woods and all had silencers at their guns to stay as stealthy as possible.

So they easily opened their way to the workshop perimeter cleaning the forest. Once they reached the building, they heard Bella's desperate shouting from inside. Ben gestured to Rich and motioned for their fathers to stay outside. They stood in front of the doors and Rich kicked the door open and Ben immediately shot Volkov's right hand in the head and they both went in to stand beside their brother.

And now they were standing there, watching as Mason put Bella's limp body on his lap and let out a blood-curdling scream. Tony and Albert ran inside scared out of their wits and their eyes widened at the sight and Albert swayed a bit. Mason's screams brought Rich out of his trance and he ran to his brother and knelt in front of him while Mason was crying his eyes out and was shouting his anguish to the world.

Rich quickly put his fingers on Bella's neck and his eyes widened as he felt a weak pulse still there. "Mason, Mason, she is alive." he yelled and quickly brought out a bandage from a small bag attached to his waistband and began to secure the blade in Bella's shoulder. Mason looked shocked at his brother and then looked down at Bella hopefully. 

(A/N: Okay, Okay I was teasing. 😈😈😈😈 I literally feel like Satan himself right now. Sorry for keeping you waiting for the update (Although it was funny 😂😈😂😈😂😈) but here we go again. Sincerely sorry for every tear you shed last night. Keep listening to 'hold on' and continue reading. Love you all. (And forgive me for my little joke:)))) ) )

"Ben, we should take her to the nearest hospital soon." said Rich to Ben hurridly. 

"I'm bringing cars." said Ben who was pale while looking at Bella and ran out of the warehouse.

"What should we do?" asked Albert panicked.

"We should keep the blade in its place." explained Rich hurridly as he secured the blade using a bandage. "Based on the place it has been impaled it can cut some critical arteries and the blade is the only thing that keeps her from bleeding to death."

"Hold on a bit, Bella." said Mason still crying, and caressed her hair. "Please hold on for me."

"Mason, lift her up cautiously and make sure to not move the blade and cause more damage." ordered Rich and helped Mason to stand up slowly and then they all rushed out where Ben stopped a car right then in front of the building. 

Albert quickly opened the backseat door and held it open for Mason and Rich to get in. Rich helped to put Bella carefully in Mason's lap and he hopped in beside him, checking Bella's vitals every now and then, and injected her with adrenaline.

"Take care of this mess." said Albert to Tony and hopped in the passenger seat.

"Ben, floor it and go to the nearest hospital. we don't have time." said Rich and Ben didn't waste a time driving at full speed. Dust raised into the air as the tires screeched and began to spin crazily and soon they were on the road.

"Please, Bella. Don't leave me. Don't leave me. Fight for me." whispered Mason over and over as they drove to the hospital, praying in his heart to God to let her live.

*********************************************

Alison's head was on Damien's chest as they sat on the hospital chairs in front of surgery rooms. It was four hours that Bella was in there, under surgery. Alison's tears had dried after two hours of constant crying and now she was staring at space with dull and puffy eyes. 

All of the family, plus Ben, Alex, and Marisa were there, sitting on the chairs or pacing in the narrow corridor, like Ben. Everyone would glance at Mason from time to time with worry. 

He had not moved from his spot on the ground next to the wall where he had slid down after Ben, Rich and two other nurses kept him from going inside after Bella. The front of his white shirt was soaked in Bella's blood. One of his legs was flat on the ground while the other was bent supporting his arm. He was staring into space lifelessly. His face was pale and emotionless and he looked drained. It was hard for the family to see the always firm and strong Mason broken like that. Rich had sat on the ground beside him, rubbing his shoulder to give him a little bit of comfort that didn't look to have any effects on him.

The little twins were sitting on each side of Marisa on the row of chairs in front of Alison. Marisa was crying and praying silently, wiping her eyes from time to time and caressing the twins' heads. Hunter was sitting next to them sniffling from time to time and wiping his eyes discreetly. Xander had sat next to Damien clenching and unclenching his bloody fists. He had destroyed his room after he had heard the news.

Everyone's face was sad, shocked, teary, anxious, angry, or a mix of all.

Only Eva and Albert were not there. Eva had passed out the moment she had found out about the severity of her daughter's situation in the hospital and was in another room, attached to an IV and Albert was with her. 

No one had come out of the surgery room to give them any news. Only about an hour after they had rolled Bella in, two nurses had rushed there, pushing a machine toward the surgery room. Mason had stopped them and was ready to punch the news out of them but the two scared nurses had told them they had no news and they should wait. Everyone was so busy looking at the two nurses that didn't see Rich paling even more and staring at the machine they were rolling in with shocked and scared eyes.

Alex walked toward the surgery room's door holding a package of orange juice boxes. Never in his life, he believed to see the King family broken like that. His eyes fell on the small figure of his girlfriend and his heart ached as he saw how broken she was. She had closed her eyes and silent tears were running down her face again. Her head was on Damien's chest who was rubbing her arm mindlessly and she was clenching her shirt on her chest.

He sighed and opened the package and offered everyone one box. Xander, Damien, and Mason denied but the rest took one, feeling a bit better after drinking the sweet and cool liquid.

He then grabbed a box, took its straw and make it ready to drink, and then knelt in front of Alison. "Alie!" he called her softly caressed her cheek and watched as she opened her eyes and looked at him. He placed the box in her hand. "Drink this. You look so pale. You need this."

Alison shook her head and stared at Alex as more tears ran on her face. "What if she dies?" she bit her bottom lip to prevent her from sobbing. 

At hearing her words Mason closed his eyes tightly and leaned his head on the wall as a tear rolled down his face. He couldn't live without Bella. He simply couldn't. He should have killed himself sooner to keep her safe but he had stalled enough to give her time to harm herself to save him. He should have guessed she would do this for him. The last image of her still being in Volkov's hold, right before she stabs herself came in front of his eyes. He remembered when she mouthed those three magical words. Those three words that he had gotten used to waking up with every morning by hearing her angelic voice while having her in his arms and being able to kiss her warm pink lips and make them swollen and red. I love you. 

"What if the doctor comes out and says she didn't make it?" asked Alison.

Alex hugged her to his chest as Damien looked away trying to hold his tears back. "She will come out alive. I promise. My guts never have failed me and they tell me she will be fine." said Alex reassuringly. He then picked her up and sat on a chair and placed her on his lap and let her cry on his shoulder.

They heard a small screeching sound of small wheels and looked in the other direction. "Mummy!" yelled the little twins while jumping down from their seats. They ran and hugged Eva's legs. She was a mess. Her face was pale, like a ghost and her eyes were bloodshot. Albert had an arm around her waist supporting her while rolling her IV stand with the other hand.

"No news?" asked Eva trying to sound firm as she hugged the little twins' heads in her stomach.

Marisa stood and shook her head and walked to Eva. "No, honey." she said and put a hand on Eva's shoulder. "It's gonna take a little while. Her injury was bad."

Just then, as if on cue, a doctor clad in blue surgery robs walked out of the double doors of the surgery room. Everyone was on their feet in an instant staring at the doctor with hopeful yet scared eyes.

"How is she?" asked Mason hurriedly as his panicked eyes were fixed on the doctor. 

"She is alive." said the doctor and Alison and Eva both began to sob while the others sighed in relief. Mason closed his eyes tightly and fought his tears. 

"But ..." said the doctor and everyone looked at him again. Of course, there is always a but. "Her condition is not good. Her body is too weak and she has lost a lot of blood and because of her special condition, we should wait till morning to see what will happen."

"What do you mean?" asked Mason slowly losing his patience. "What special condition?"

"That is why you needed an ultrasound?" asked Rich.

"Yes." nodded the doctor and turned to Mason. "Mr. King your girlfriend is pregnant."

All blood left Mason's face and he swayed a bit. Ben was quick to grab his friend and help him to sit down. Eva was not better than Mason and Albert caught her before she can hit the ground and put her on one of the chairs. He was not better than her and sat down trying to think properly. Bella was carrying his grandchild. 

Everyone was shocked to the core watching the doctor with wide eyes. "Pregnant?" whispered Alison.

"Based on your faces I assume you didn't know about it." said the doctor. "it's completely normal though. I doubt if she knew it herself. She is only three weeks long, but even that small period of time has made her body extremely weak at the lack of rest and eating less."

"You are saying is." said Rich and Mason's head shot up toward the doctor with a hopeful gleam in his teary eyes. "you are saying 'is pregnant'. Does that mean ...." 

The doctor nodded and smiled a bit. "I know. It's literally a miracle." he said with a smile. "Even we are shocked that no abortion has happened. The mother is really a fighter. But that causes a big problem."

"What problem?" asked Albert impatiently.

"Carrying a child put the mother in a more dangerous position." explained the doctor. "Her weak body should nourish a fetus that is growing up with so much speed at the early stage of pregnancy. Because of how her mother fights and how it was a miracle we let the baby live. But if the mother's conditions won't get stable until morning, we will have no choice other than to perform an abortion. We are not able to keep the fetus alive at this early level of pregnancy so we will focus on keeping the mother alive. I'm so sorry."

Mason closed his eyes tight as tears fell from his eyes. Never in his life, he would imagine hearing the news of becoming a father like this. Recently that he had thought about it because of Bella being in his life, he always imagined her to ask him to come home earlier one day and welcome him warmly while surprising him with a positive pregnancy test with her happy eyes full of tears of joy.

But now he was sitting in front of the surgery room with his shirt red with her blood and he was on the verge of losing both his baby and love.

Just then, the double doors pushed open and a few nurses came out while rolling a bed that Bella was being laid on. She was ghostly pale and a few tubes had been put in her mouth. She was injected with both blood and IV drips and they had closed her eyes using tapes.

Eva began to wail at the sight of her daughter like that and hugged Albert who was crying silently. Alex hugged an uncontrollably sobbing Alison tightly. Marisa, Hunter, Rich, and Ben were crying freely. Even Damien and Xander had tears running on their faces.

Mason's heart shattered into million pieces at seeing his Bella like that. Every happy moment they had in that short amount of time passed from his mind. Every smile, every laughter, every kiss, every soothing word. Tears fell from his eyes as he touched her cold cheek lovingly.

"Sir, we should take her." said one of the nurses gently.

Mason nodded and bent down and placed a soft kiss on her forehead. "Fight. Please." he whispered to her and then took a step back and watched them taking his love to another room.

"Just keep her alive." the words hardly left his lips and his heart ached at the thought of losing his unborn baby. "Just do everything in your power to keep my girlfriend alive."

--------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Okay. I myself cried this whole chapter. My poor heart ached for poor Mason a lot. Tell me what do you think. And please don't kill me :)

Thanks for reading

Ela

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.2K 960 28
Complete! "You know I really like you, right?" He was definitely drunk. "You do?" I asked. My voice was supposed to be teasing, but I think it ca...
171K 4.4K 44
"See, Damien, that's where I don't believe you." I say annoyed with the fact that he thinks I should believe him. "You think everything and everyone...
314K 5.6K 43
She was an ordinary girl in high school. On her last day at school, Alison tells her crush that she likes him. Soon after she moves to Canada and ret...
201K 3.6K 81
Alicia has been abused by her mom and step-dad for the past 2 and a half years, plus she has also been bullied for the past 2 and a half years. What...