My mother married a Capo

By ElaheKarami

Alison Harris is a normal 17-year-old girl, living her normal life with her mother. That is when her mother s... More

Intro
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Important A/N
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter: Mason and Bella's first date
A/N
Sequel

Chapter 49

13.5K 443 74
By ElaheKarami

A/N: Guys please listen to the song 'hold on' by Chord Paul Overstreet when you are reading the last part of this chapter :)

----------------------------------------------------------

Bella opened her eyes slowly. Her head was pounding hard. She tried to move her hands but she was unable to move her arms or legs. Her senses came back to her as she remembered what had happened and she panicked instantly. With increasing fear she found herself tied up to a chair that was in not a big warehouse that didn't have any windows. Big fans were moving lazily on the roof cutting rays of sun that had fallen on her face from moment to moment.

She tried to free herself, but the ties were so tight and her body was still too weak. "I see you are awake." she shivered in disgust at hearing Volkov's cheery voice and a second later he was standing in front of her with a cup in his hands. He had taken off his coat and had rolled his sleeves to his elbows. He sat on one knee in front of her and held the cup next to her lips. "Drink, You must be thirsty."

Bella looked at the water. Her dehydrated body screamed for her to drink it but she couldn't trust the man in front of her a bit. She turned her head to a side and refused his offer.

"It's only water, Bella. Don't be stubborn. You need this." he said and then took a sip himself. "See? I drank myself. It's not poisonous." he said and smirked deviously as he caressed Bella's thigh. "I won't kill a beauty like you so soon. Not before I consume you completely."

Bella's face scrunched in disgust and she spat in Volkov's face. He closed his eyes and stood up. He pulled out a handkerchief from his pocket and wiped his face. "Bella, Bella, Bella." he said and shook his head. "I want to be kind to you. To spare you, your sister, and mother and make you my queen. But you are only making everything harder for yourself with this attitude of yours."

"You won't be able to do anything." she spat angrily with a raspy voice and coughed hard because of her dry throat.

Suddenly the door of the warehouse opened and Andy walked in, holding a gun. "King is here." he informed Volkov and Bella's heart skipped a beat. She looked up and looked at Andy worriedly. "He has come alone. Our men had confirmed it. No one has moved from their base or Gray Wolves' since you made the call. And no one followed him on the road to here."

"Good. Bring him here." said Volkov as he walked behind Bella and opened her ties. She tried to wiggle out of his hold but he grabbed a fistful of her hair and pulled her to his chest with an arm around her mid-body, caging her effectively. "Stay put, love. It's going to be over soon."

Just then the door opened and Mason walked in with Andy aiming a gun at him. Bella's eyes caught his gray-blue ones and she struggled in Volkov's arms weakly, trying to go to him. "Mason, No!" She tried to shout for him to leave but her voice came out as a faint screech. The minor movement drained her body completely.

"Bella!" shouted Mason worriedly and then glared at Volkov with a look that could kill trying to walk to him but Andy grabbed him from behind and pressed his gun to his back. "What the fuck have you done to her?"

"Behave King." snapped Volkov and walked with Bella toward a table in a corner. He grabbed a semi-long blade from the table. "A craft man from Japan has made this for me." he said as he looked at the blade admiringly. He then moved the blade and with the speed of lightning and brought it down from next to a sack that was hanging from the roof. The big sack's bottom fell on the ground with a thud in front of Bella who was watching with wide eyes. "Its blade is so sharp that can cut the calf of a big pig with one swift motion." said Volkov and put the blade at Bella's neck. The light pressing of the blade caused blood to run on the blade a bit.

"What the fuck do you want?" growled Mason. His eyes were now fixed on the blade at Bella's neck. "Let her go. You want me and I'm here."

"You are right, Mason." said Volkov. "I want you, but dead."

"No!" shouted Bella and began to wiggle at hearing the last word and the blade cut her neck more.

"Bella, stand still." shouted Mason panicked looking at the crying Bella in front of him. His heart clenched bad at the sight of her broken like that and his blood boiled as he saw more blood coming from the now deeper wound. he looked into her eyes and tried to calm her down. "It's okay, my love. It's going to be alright, I promise."

Volkov rolled his eyes. "I'm sick of this beautiful moment. So forgive me to cut it short." he said. "Kill yourself, Mason, and I will let her live."

"I will die, but my family will slaughter you." seethed Mason.

Volkov laughed humorlessly. "Don't be so sure." he said. "who wants to avenge you? your father? I should admit he is powerful but he has become old and soft and not hard to kill. Richard? He is softer than you can even imagine. Ben? He is an oaf. Let me ignore your little brothers. I will kill them all before they can even blink. With you out of the picture, your empire will fall. Like what you did to mine. And not once but twice. You will pay bad because of it."

Mason smirked devilishly. "You are underestimating my family, Volkov." he said. "And that's where you are wrong."

Just then the door behind Mason burst open and Andy fell on the ground dead with a bullet at the back of his head. Mason didn't need to look back. His eyes were fixed on Volkov in front of him who pulled Bella more toward him and hid behind her as much as he could as Rich and Ben came and stood beside Mason with guns equipped with silencers in their hands.

"The woods around is clear." said Ben. "All of his fucking men are dead and our men have surrounded every inch around this warehouse."

"How the fuck?" asked Volkov shocked.

"Let Bella go, Volkov." said Mason coldly. "Then I might ease your passing."

"If I'm gonna die, I will bring you down with myself, Mason." said Volkov and pressed the blade more to Bella's throat that caused her to hiss in pain. "Kill yourself or I will slit her throat."

Mason clenched his jaw and stared at Bella's weak body in Volkov's hold. Her eyes were closed tightly and she was crying silently. He couldn't let her die. He couldn't bear the thought of losing her. He took a deep breath trying to calm down himself. "How can I trust you that you will release her if I kill myself?" he asked and Bella's eyes snapped open as she stared at him. "Mason, no. don't you dare." her raspy voice came out like a whisper and she coughed but he heard her words.

"I promise on the honor of my Russian mafia blood to let her go." said Volkov firmly. "You know how we value that promise in our family."

Mason nodded and grabbed a gun from Ben's waistband and walked a few steps away from his fellows. "Mason, what are you doing?" asked Ben with a panicked voice and grabbed Mason's hand.

"Mason, you can't do this." seethed Rich not taking his hateful glare from Volkov. "We will find a way."

Bella looked at the three men in front of her. Her heart broke as she saw tears welling up in Rich's eyes. Her heart broke at the sight of Ben's panicked face that was always cheery and happy. Her heart exploded from pain as she thought about what Mason was about to do. She should do something. She couldn't let anything happen to Mason. She couldn't live without him. Her legs felt like jelly and Volkov had a strong arm around her body. Only her left arm was a bit free and she could release it with a little bit of force, using Volkov's distraction.

A plan formed in her mind as she felt Volkov's strong heartbeat behind her just a bit below her left shoulder blade and she saw that Volkov had held the blade with his left hand. She took a deep breath and made her mind. Her eyes locked with Mason for the last time. "I love you." she mouthed and saw Mason's eyes grow wide in realization.

"Bella, NOOOO." he shouted and tried to run to her but it was late.

Everything happened in a matter of five seconds. Bella used Volkov's distraction, freed her left arm, grabbed his left hand, pulled his arm a bit away, and felt him tightening his hold around her body, trying to prevent her from running away, but she had another plan in her mind. A light gasp left her lips as she thrust the blade into her shoulder where she was feeling Volkov's heart behind it. The sharp blade easily tore her flesh and came out of her back and impaled Volkov right in his heart.

She heard a gurgling voice coming from behind her. Volkov was dead in instant and he began to fall backward, taking the now limp Bella with himself. The last thing Bella saw before closing her eyes, was Mason's frantic face running toward her.

Mason grabbed Bella from around her waist. keeping her up. The blade slid out of Volkov's body with ease and he fell on the ground with a thud, but all of Maon's attention was on Bella who was unconscious in his arms. Her skin was pale and she wasn't breathing anymore. He sat on the ground and pulled Bella in his lap with the utmost care, careful to not touch the blade that was the only thing keeping her from bleeding more.

Something broke in Mason's heart and send an immense pain through his body. His chest exploded with hot pain like someone stabbed him thousand times with a hot blade. "Bella." he said softly as tears fell from his eyes continuously and pushed her hair out of her forehead. "What have you done, you idiot woman? You can't leave me. You can't. I didn't let you go." he sobbed and then closed his eyes tightly and hugged her lifeless body to his chest. He raised his head toward the roof and shouted at the top of his lungs and his screams full of anguish rattled the place. "NOOOOOO. NOOOOOO"  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.3K 2.1K 31
Ten years. It's been ten years since the boys have been held up in prison cells for accounts such as murder, drug possession and robbery. Four years...
402 35 33
Camila is a smart, pretty, and wealthy girl and people either adore her, hate her, or envy her. Her father, a gold digger of a step mother, and step...
112K 2.8K 41
Do you ever wonder what life would be like if it were a movie? Or some sappy romance novel that you wish your life could be like but it's not? Someti...
705K 14.1K 51
(Messy plot) (4/5 plot holes, maybe more) 𝐄𝐱𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐩𝐭 - My hands dig into his shoulders, adjusting to the size of him inside of me. He gives me a...