My Brother's Best Friend | co...

By tinxla

Kylie Sawyer moves in with her older brother, Jake, and his roommate/best friend, Damian King. With Damian be... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
SPIN OFF
EXTRA, EXTRA, READ ALL ABOUT IT
Extra 1
Extra 2
Extra 3
Extra 4
Extra 5
Extra 6
Extra 7
Extra 8
ME AGAIN
Self Advertising xD
Review
Publishing?
Well, would you look at that?
Le bonus chapter? Heh, well. . .
[official] BONUS CHAPTER

Chapter Fourteen

137K 3.6K 504
By tinxla

"Kylie, wake up." The voice sounded like Damian. I was probably dreaming his voice. Wait, ew. Why was I dreaming his voice? Gross. "Kylie." I felt someone pushing me. Hm, maybe this isn't a dream. Maybe I'm not dreaming his voice. "Come on, we have to leave soon. We are taking Jake to the airport, remember?" At the mention of Jake and airport, my eyes sprung open. I rubbed my eyes and sat up. "You're awake, finally. Get your coat and shoes, we are leaving in a few minutes." I grab Damian's shirt before he goes to leave. "What?"

"Carry me." He chuckles and picks me up bridal style. Even though I had sort of shot up at the mention of Jake leaving, I was still super tired. I don't bother wrapping my arms around his neck because I was too tired and I couldn't be bothered I just snuggled deep into his chest.

"Jake?" Damian calls out. "Where's Kylie's shoes and coat? Are they in her room or something?" I mean, he could've asked me but I doubt I would've answered. I would have hummed in reply.

"I'll get them- woah. What's happening here?" I hear Jake say, chuckling. Well, at least he wasn't mad or anything.

"I'm tired." I reply sleepily, yawning afterwards which just proved my point. "I don't want to walk," I add on. Soon enough, I felt shoes being put onto my feet and my coat being draped over me.

"You're such a princess," Jake remarks. It was true. Well, in this moment it was. Other times, I didn't like when people did stuff for me. I preferred to be independent. I saw Jake pick up his suitcase and I heard Damian ask him to carry his keys since he was occupied with me. I offered to hold Damian's car keys but he said it was fine. We walked to the car and I was placed in the back of the car. I sat upright this time and strapped myself in after putting on my coat. It was pretty chilly outside and I was still only in my pyjamas. Damian and Jake sat at the front, Damian driving. As we drove to the airport, which was at least a good hour drive, I tried to stay awake. However, sleep won and overtook me.

When I eventually woke up again, Jake and Damian were just getting out of the car. I undid my seatbelt and stepped out of the car, stretching my muscles.

"Hey there, sleepy head," Jake teased, pinching my cheeks. I swatted his hand away and lunched his arm. "Oh yeah, I forgot you're not a morning person."

"Shut up. It's too early for you to annoy me," I mumble, yawning again.

"You're the one who suggested that you come with, you know?" Yes, because I'm not going to just not say goodbye to him!

"We all make mistakes, don't we?" I was kidding, obviously. No matter how early it was, even if it were somehow earlier than it is now, I would've still joined him and said goodbye. "Why couldn't you get a flight where we could leave later?"

"I wanted to get there as soon as. This was the earliest flight they had. The later one would mean I would probably arrive in the evening and sorry, but I don't want that. Although I'm not too sure because I'm not too good with time zones right now. You do know it's really early in the morning?" Of course I know, ugh.

We walked with Jake through the airport and we were soon waving Jake off as he boarded the plane. We had waited for the plane to take off and then we left. I got into the front of the car this time and Damian drove us home. The drive was silent, because I was in and out of sleep, apart from some quiet music in the background. Once he parked up, he decided he was going to carry me still. I would say I wouldn't complain, but I did. I complained a lot but he silenced me with a kiss and carried me anyway. He's really got to stop with these out-of-the-blue kisses.

Once we entered the apartment, he walked straight to my room and placed me on my bed, then proceeding to take my shoes off for me. I protested and told him I could do it, but he insisted. After that,cue too, my coat from me too and left my room. For the third time, I fell back asleep.

When I awoke, Damian was in my room sitting the end of my bed with a mug. "Thought you could do with hot chocolate." Hm, I actually could. I sat up and yawned, then taking the mug from him. I take a sip.

"Just right. Thank you." He smiled at me and patted my knee through the duvet.

He then stood up and walked towards the door. Before he left, he said, "You're so getting pampered." He walked out, leaving me staring at the door wide eyed. Did he just say I'm getting pampered? Yes, I think he did. Did he mean he was going to pamper me? Um, why?

Oh! Silly me, he's trying to win me over! How could I forget? Great, this is going to be such a long week for me! Hang on, if he's really trying does that mean he does genuinely like me? Nah, he can't. Can he? No, I'm sure of it. He definitely doesn't. But what if he does? Nah.

I finish my hot chocolate and get up to go put the mug into the kitchen. I'll wash it later. I then turn around to go back to my room but I walk straight into Damian. "Easy, tiger." I scoff at him and walk past him. Instead of stopping me, he actually lets me go. I was shocked at that actually and part of me was slightly disappointed in how I wanted him to stop me.

I have to admit, the place was silent without Jake constantly yelling to me to get him some more toilet paper. For some reason, the toilet roll had always been finished by the time Jake went toilet. Oh, it wasn't every time he went toilet. It just happened to be him all the time.

After taking some clothes, I do my usual routine of getting myself showered and dressed. Today I had a day off and I found out Damian did too. That could only mean we were going to spend time together, whether I liked it or not. I walked out of the bathroom, I found a lot of loose red rose petals on the floor. Wow, he's really trying hard. I decide to follow them until I reached the living room. On the coffee table, there was a bouquet of flowers. I picked them up and noticed they were pink roses. Beautiful. There was also a card attached to the bouquet. I picked the card off and read it.

Go to your room, there's a box for you. Make sure you're ready by half four.

I looked around and called his name but he didn't answer. Before I went into my room to have a look at what was inside this supposed box, I went to check in his room. I knocked on the door this time and when there was no reply, I went inside. His room was empty. The bathroom was empty too, as was the kitchen. Jake's room was also empty. Maybe I got it wrong and that Damian did have work today?

I shrug and make my way to my room, spotting the box on my bed. I open it and find a beautiful blue coloured material. It seemed like it was a navy blue, but I couldn't exactly pinpoint the colour. I took it out and I was presented with a gorgeous ball gown dress. It was absolutely magnificent and I was mesmerised. I had never owned such a beautiful dress, not even for my prom. This was beyond beautiful. It was long and quite puffy. It puffed out at the waist. The top of it was too beautiful to describe. It had flowers with sequins on them patterned along the top of the dress all the way to the back of it and going down the back of the dress. The dress itself was quite sparkly. It sort of had sleeves, meaning it wasn't strapless - I want a fan of strapless dresses anyway. There was a clear material making the dress look sort of backless, but it made the dress look even more beautiful than it already was.

I placed the dress neatly on my bed as I realised there were also some gloves that went with the dress. They were roughly the same colour as the dress. I also spotted another mini box and I picked it up and opened it. Inside were some small dangly earrings that went with the dress. There was also a silver necklace which accompanies the earrings. Along with the necklace and earrings, there was the tinest bit of piece of paper folded up. I took it out and unfolded it.

There's a dress, gloves and earrings but no shoes. A dress cannot be complete without matching shoes. Look under your bed.

I put the note down and look under my bed. Right there was a shoe box. I open it and there were these stunning blue heels. They were sparkly, much like the dress. All I could think of was where we were going and how on earth he could afford all of this. Also, why was he spending it on me?

Throughout the day, I busied myself with cooking dinner for the two of us. I mean, I didn't know if we were even going to be having dinner tonight but if we weren't, it'd be there for tomorrow. When it was half three, I decided an hour would be enough time for me to get myself ready. I was still in the dark about where we were going. Damian wasn't even home yet and I'm sure if I had to wear something as elegant as the dress, he would have to get dressed up too.

I decide to apply some makeup. I only added on the minimal makeup. I added some foundation, blush, mascara and eyeliner. I decided against putting on some eye shadow because I wasn't a huge fan of it. I also didn't like to wear lipstick. I always ended up licking it off by accident. After finishing my makeup, I out on the earrings and necklace. I then put on the dress and just as I pulled it up, I heard the front door open. I walk out, holding the dress up since I hadn't been able to zip it up - it wasn't because I didn't have time, it's because I cousins reach it.

"Damian?" I call. He soon pops his head out from his bedroom door.

"Wow," he mutters, staring at me, "you look stunning."

"Thank you," I whisper, a blush creeping up onto my cheeks. "Um, can you help me?" I ask, indicating to the zipper. He nods his head and I turn around, allowing him to zip up my dress for me. "Where are we going?" I ask after he finished with the zip.

"That's a surprise. Now I'm going to quickly shower and get myself dressed, you finish getting yourself ready." He then rushes off into his room the back out into the bathroom.

After I finished getting ready, even putting on the shoes, I waited for Damian. He soon came out in a very handsome suit. It was the usual black suit, with a pocket square too. He was also wearing a bow tie and it was adorable. I always found bow ties adorable. We eventually left, Damian helping me down the stairs and also helping me into the car.

As we drove to wherever we were going, he finally decided to pipe up and tell me where we were going. "You see, we are going to a ball my parents are throwing. It's outside of town, and it's a charity event. People donate money for whatever charity my parents are holding it for and these people attending are even willing to pay for entrance. The entrance fees go to my parents but the money the people donate go to charity. It's a way my parents make money, not that they need it. You and I, we get in for free since I am their son and you are my date for the evening. All their charity events they hold are very successful and every three months they have a charity ball. I've been to many, you see. They're honestly really beautiful and now it's going to be more enjoyable because I will have you by my side." I took it all in. I wasn't too shocked or scared when I realised I'd be meeting his parents. I was actually excited because I had never been to a charity ball before.

"Wow, I can't wait. It all sounds amazing. I wish I brought money with me now," I frown. If they were donating to charity, I would have loved to donate some money myself.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realise. Um, you can still enjoy the night? There's going to be snacks but also they're holding dinner too where we all are assigned to a seat and order our food. It's kind of like a restaurant except it's more formal, I guess?"

"Either way, it sounds amazing. Oh, and thank you so much for this dress. I adore it!"

"I'm glad you do. You look absolutely beautiful in it. I've definitely got the most beautiful girl in the whole ball."

"How do you know? We haven't got there yet," I point out.

"Trust me, I know." He puts some music on in the background. Before we know it, we arrive at the ball. "I'm taking you straight to my parents first, by the way."

"Alright." I still wasn't too nervous about meeting them because I didn't exactly have to worry about making a good impression. Damian and I weren't together so it didn't really matter. But what if he does win me over? That would mean I do have to make a good impression. Oh, gosh. I'll just be my normal self, that will do.

"Mum, dad, hi." We had got past the entrance pretty easily and quickly. Well, here we were now, in front of his parents.

"Damian, son," his mum mumbled, pulling him in for a hug and kissing his forehead. I could see his cheeks were slightly red. Is he embarrassed? "Who is this beautiful lady?" she asked, looking at me with a warm smile.

"Hi, I'm Kylie," I says holding my hand out for her to shake. Instead, she pulled me into a hug too. It shocked me but I pulled to my sense and hugged her back.

"Is this your girlfriend?" I looked to his dad who Damian was almost as identical to. If it weren't for his dad being much taller and black haired, I'd say that Damian and his dad were the spitting image of each other. However, Damian seemed to have more muscle than his dad and was also a brunette. His dad was pretty skinny and less muscular compared to Damian.

"Oh, um, we're friends," he settles on, giving me a smile. I half expected him to tell him parents that we were dating, much like how he did when we were speaking with Alison.

"Right, it's wonderful to meet you," his dad greeted. Damian's mum was beautiful. She had brunette hair, like Damian but I couldn't tell if it were short or long. Her hair was tied and bunched up into a bun. She had a few strands draped on the side of her face. She didn't look too old. She looked quite young actually. Her dress was also long and elegant, but it wasn't as puffy as mine. Well, mine wasn't all too puffy.

"We're going to go around and converse," Damian states, taking me by the hand and gently pulling me alone.

"It was lovely meeting you both," I call out before Damian could completely drag me away. "They seem wonderful." It made me think back to when Damian and I were taking about kids and my new job and I briefly mentioned about his childhood. I was curious as to why he flipped at me. His parents seemed lovely. "Damian, please don't get angry at me but do you remember when you snapped at me that while back when I briefly mentioned your, um, childhood?"

"I do."

"Do you mind if I ask why you did?" I saw how hesitant he was and I was about to tell him he didn't have to tell me, but he started speaking before I could tell him.

"I didn't have the easiest of childhoods. I grew up in foster homes and most people didn't really want me because of how troublesome I was. I grew up not knowing who my real parents were and I also didn't know why they didn't want me." I was about to ask if those two people I just met were really his parents, but he continued speaking before I could ask. "Those are my real parents that you just met. For thirteen years of my life, I was with foster families. No one wanted to adopt me either so I was just passed around. When I was thirteen, this couple came to visit me. They spoke of how they wanted to adopt me." I noticed the smile that graced his lips as he told me the story. "Imagine how I felt when they told me how they were my real parents. Well, at first I was angry and upset because I freaked out and demanded to know why they left me and why they didn't want me. As you could tell, I was pretty about that." He then stopped speaking for a bit.

"Are you okay?" I ask, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Yeah, I'm fine, thank you. After they had adopted me, they sat me down and explained why I was up for adoption and why it was only now they were adopting me. My parents were pretty young when they had me, hence why they look super young. They're only in their mid-thirties. Their parents, especially my mum's, weren't happy about her being pregnant. They hated my dad too so imagine how much their unhappiness was when they found out he was the father. Anyway long story short, they forced her to put me up for adoption. It took them many years to find me because they said how I was passed around a lot and they never got there in time to find me and adopt me. Well, they eventually did. You see, Kylie, I don't like to talk about my childhood because it was a dark time for me. My parents didn't really get to raise me for most of my childhood and when they did have me, I was still the same old me - troublesome."

Well, now I understand. I felt bad because I didn't understand how bad he had it. I felt bad for him and his parents were derived of each other's love. "At least they eventually found you, right? And I'm sure you aren't so troublesome now. I can see how much they adore you, Damian. Please don't be sad," I mumbled, noticing how sad he looked. "I'm sorry I asked." I felt like him being sad was my fault. If I hadn't asked, he wouldn't be sad. Curiosity got the better of me.

"It's fine, it's nice to have finally shared it with someone," he muttered, looking at me and smiling. "Now come on, let's have some fun."

Throughout the evening, Damian and I engaged in a few dances together. I met some of his old friends from after he was adopted by his parents. They were nice people and it was nice to see Damian smiling a lot and having fun. The dances we had we great. We were currently dancing one last time because the event was about to finish up. "I had a great time," I tell him. It wasn't a lie at all, I really did have a great time. I loved tonight, it was amazing.

"I did too." We carried on dancing for a bit longer and you could tell the song was about to end because it was slowing down even more. "Can I steal a kiss?" he asks. Usually he just does it, not ask. "I decided it'd be better to ask than to just go in for it, don't you think?" What happened to I get what I want?

"Sure," I found myself whispering. He leaned down and just as we were about to kiss, his parents came up to us to wish us a safe trip home. After that, the moment was ruined. I was slightly saddened that we got interrupted but I brushed it off. Damian and I eventually headed home. That evening, I went to bed early because my feet were killing me from wearing heels and I was also very tired. All in all, today was actually one of the best days I've had in a few years.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Lethal Lust By Kit

General Fiction

236K 9.5K 40
[COMPLETED] Elijah and Jess had been unbreakable since high school, so it comes as no surprise to anyone when the young couple decides to tie-the-kno...
249 9 14
A forbidden love between a sister and her brother's best friend. Julia is a girl who lives in a dorm with many boys. They've been best friends since...
1.7M 40K 51
Aspen Anderson has eight over protective brothers. She falls for a bad boy ignoring her brothers warnings after an event that ruined Aspen. She deals...
53.4K 862 29
All she wants to do is hide. That's her only request. She has four older brothers, and her parents are gone. Skye battles Depression, Eating Disorder...