Seven

By elletriestowrite

When Lily's university financial scholarship is revoked she explores a new avenue for income. A mutual frien... More

Info / Characters
Synopsis
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94 (Bonus Chapter)

Chapter 30

1.8K 58 37
By elletriestowrite

I feel hot. Too hot, much hotter than usual for the early morning. I'm still half asleep but shift in the bed in an attempt to find a cooler spot under the blankets. It's when I try move that I feel the heavy, heated weight holding me down onto the mattress. I blink my eyes open, the annoying morning light streams in through the useless netted curtains and burns my vulnerable gaze immediately. I wince and hold a hand up to shield the light from my eyes and look down at the sight in front of me.

I had almost forgotten he was here. Almost forgotten about Seven turning up in the early hours of the night. In all honesty I was half expecting it to be a dream, for him to be gone by the time I woke up. But here he is.

Tanned, strong arms wrapped around my hips, cheek pressed heavy in sleep against my sternum as soft snores fall past his parted lips. His weight is heavy but comforting as he uses me like a pillow, the warmth from his body against mine is what woke me up. For someone who has never spent the night with another and is not fond of things like cuddling, Seven seems to be rather comfortable intertwined with my body. Even his long legs are laid in a comfortable twist with mine.

Afraid to wake him and have this sweet moment with him ruined, I lay my head back down on my pillow to stare at the ceiling. My mind runs over the events from Seven's arrival and instantly my cheeks swell with blood.

We kissed.

We kissed a lot actually and it was more than I could have imagined it to be. The way he felt, the way my body reacted to the sensation of his mouth on mine is something I can't describe. I've never felt that way about kissing someone. I only hope it was just as nice for him as it was for me. Not only did we kiss last night but he told me his name.

Harry.

Such a normal, handsome name. A name given to him when he was so small and innocent. A name he now protects and forgets at the same time. A name that I now know. His request for me to call him by his real name while we're together tightens my stomach in the most delicious way. I just know he's never asked this of any other woman he's been with before.

The fact he wants to be Harry with me, while he kisses me, while we spend our secret fleeting time together gives me hope. Hope that he really listened to what I had said yesterday while we sat by the water in the sun. He's finding what small happiness he can with the cards he's been dealt. On the outside he must be Seven; hard, intimidating, confident, skeptical, demanding and dangerous. He needs to be what his uncle wants, what is expected of him and what he was raised to be.

But inside these walls, in private moments with me he can be Harry; caring, gentle, hesitant, soft, trusting and vulnerable. With me he can talk about the dreams he has for a different future. He can feel what it's like to care and be cared for by someone. He can share a bed with me and realise just how much he enjoys clinging to someone in his sleep.

For whatever reason he needs me, whether it be Seven or Harry, I'm his. I'm beginning to understand from the few days that have gone since his return (and probably the weeks he was absent also taught me) that my affections for him are running a little deeper then I had realised. I don't think this is just a crush anymore. It's not something I want to think too extensively about just yet, but I know it's there. Bubbling away quietly in my core.

I stare down at him still fast asleep over my stomach. His hair is so disheveled, falling over his forehead with stray bedraggled curls sticking up at the nape of his neck. My fingers twitch with the need to run my hands through the unkept curls. Wanting to feel those soft locks like I had last night.

Slowly and steadily I let my fingers run through the heavy curls at the back of his head. Seven doesn't stir, but his quiet snores stop to let out a tranquil sigh. I continue to rhythmically comb my finger through his hair as I gently coax him from his slumber.

His strong tanned arms flex around my hips as he begins to wake up and I stop moving my fingers through his hair. He stays resting on me, unmoving but the change in his breathing lets me know he's awake.

"Don't stop." He croaks, his voice is thick with sleep. It's quite an attractive sound.

With a pleased smile I return my hand to his hair. This time letting my nails gently rake his scalp as I caress his curls. Seven hums lowly in appreciation of my touch, and I bite at my lips to stop from smiling.

I was slightly worried about how he would react waking up here. If he would regret his actions from last night. Regret turning up here, regret kissing me. But him asking me to continue touching his hair is a good sign. I hope.

"How long have you been awake?" He croaks that attractive morning voice again and turns his face over to look at me. I drop my hand from his hair as he rests his other cheek against my upper stomach. Seven's eyes are slightly swollen and glassy from sleep, and I can't help but notice how youthful he looks because of it.

"Not long." I assure him with a small smile.

"Did you sleep okay?" I ask him and he tiredly smirks at me before lifting himself and untangling his body from mine.

"Yes actually." He answers and rests next to me instead.

"What's the time?" Seven asks and I tap my phone awake for the time.

"Nine thirty." I tell him and he responds with a long sigh. His ringed hands run over his face, fingers digging into the corners of his eyes to clean away the residue from sleep.

"I need to leave soon." He looks down at his t-shirt and shoes on the floor. My heart sinks. I knew he'd have to leave obviously, but I was hoping it wouldn't be so soon.

"Okay." I lift the blanket off of me and stand out of bed. Stretching my arms up and flexing my back as I do. When I turn around to fold the blanket neatly back over, I notice Seven staring at me oddly and realise my underwear is halfway tucked into itself and I'm slightly on display. I pull the baggy t-shirt down to cover myself and straighten out my underwear, cheeks aflame with embarrassment.

He doesn't say anything and begins to pull his own t-shirt over himself, the perfect muscles in his back contouring at his movements. I watch him dress shamelessly, trying to commit it all to memory for myself to play back later in daydreams. Once he's change Seven follows me out the bedroom, through the lounge and towards my front door. He hasn't said anything since announcing he needs to leave and I begin to grow nervous for this farewell. Last time I saw him out of my flat he kissed me on the cheek, but that was two nights ago and now he's actually kissed me so maybe this time will be different?

I go to open the door but Seven's hand reaches out for mine before I'm able to take the handle. His warm hand cups around mine as he uses it to turn me around to face him.

"Thanks for letting me stay." He speaks. His voice low and still husky.

"Of course." I look at him looking down at me and can see the deliberation in his eyes. I know what he's thinking because it's the same things running through my own head. He wants to kiss me again but is unsure. Unsure if last night was just some special exception to being intimate with each other and if now, in the light of day we must go back to our usual battle of resistance.

Seven watches me intently as his other hand cups my cheek and he hesitantly edges his face closer and closer to my own. The moment his lips meet mine my body responds immediately. Unable to stop myself my hands grip at his sides and press myself up against him as he kisses me. His lips move effortlessly, and mine move against his in such a way you'd think we'd been kissing each other for a longer time than we have. Its like our mouths were made for each other.

Seven grunts in pleasure and presses himself back into me, enjoying the feeling of our bodies together. I'm already gasping and his breath is already rugged when we finally seperate.

"Will I see you tonight at the club?" I ask him breathlessly and he nods.

"I have some work to do but I'll be there." He tells me. By work I know he means he'll be down in that basement doing god knows what.

"Okay." I nod and step away from him, if I don't put some distance between us I won't want to let him leave.

"I uh, like I know you won't but just make sure you don't say anything to anyone about this." He says and I nod.

"I'm serious Lily, if anyone finds out then Victor will not hesitate to—" Seven's speech is quick in panic and I interrupt him spiralling. 

"I won't say anything to anyone. I promise, Harry." I use his real name in an attempt to show how sincere I am. His face softens at the sound of his name on my lips and he pulls me back to him. His arms winding around my shoulders as he cradles me to his chest.

"I'll figure this out. We just have to be careful." He says against my hair before kissing the top of my head. He doesn't give me a chance to respond before he drops his arms from around me and leaves.

I try busy myself the rest of my day. Not letting myself think too deeply into what happened the last twenty four hours. After my shower I'm thrilled and mortified by the red spot on my neck shining back at me in the mirror. Seven's mouth harshly sucking on my neck plays in my head and instinctively my hand flies up to cover the passionate mark. I've had hickeys before but this seems extra indecent given our unfavourable situation. I take some time plastering concealer over the scarlet bruise before I'm happy with it. Because the make up on my neck is heavy I match it to my face and take extra effort. A bold red lipstick should at least hopefully be a distraction from my neck.

When I start my shift at the liquor store Jeremy simply raises his brows at my make up choice but doesn't speak on it. Instead he just nods and leaves out the front door to let me manage the quiet shop for my shift.

I am distracted and apprehensive about working at the club tonight. I know things between Seven and I have shifted a great deal. I don't know exactly what he meant by: "I'll figure this out." But I know things will be different now. We have to be careful and I'm not sure how I should prepare to act while at the club with him.  Do I ignore him more than usual? Do I try continue to steal glances at him like I had in the past or is that giving too much away now?

I'm too distracted by my thoughts to hear the bell of the store door ring. It's only when a group of young guys open the refrigerators next to the one I'm stocking that I realise I'm no longer alone in the shop. I stop stocking the shelves to walk across the shop floor and around to the counter, awaiting to serve them.

The group is rowdy for just the three of them. They look about my age but something in the way they're shoving at each other and the things they say as they pick out cheap boxes of beer cans has me on edge. I can tell they've already been drinking and I hope they're not too drunk that I have to refuse selling to them because usually that ends in some kind of verbal altercation. And in the rare moments a physical one but I've only ever seen that happen between Jeremy and customers. No ones ever tried to physically fight me over refusing service before but there's a first for everything I guess.

"I can feel it boys! Tonight's gonna be a good night." One of them announces loudly.

"What? You reckon you'll get your dick wet with your mug looking like that?" Another jokes and two of them laugh at their friend who has fading dark circles under his eyes and a crooked nose.

"Fuck you." The one with the healing nose shoves his friend.

"Nah fuck the dude who did that to you. When are we going after that prick anyway?"

"Yeah I've been hanging out for a decent hit." The other friend comments and the one with the busted face nods at the two of them.

"Soon, boys. Soon. We need to wait for the opportune moment. Especially since my father doesn't want me to retaliate." He explains and grabs a box of beers.

"Fuck your dad. We can do what we want." The friend disagrees.

"Yeah you should be the one in charge now. Everyone's already lost respect for Sergey since he lost the farms to Vi-"

"I'd watch what you say carefully. He is still my father." The main one warns and the others go silent as they follow behind him to the counter.

The nasty cut over the middle ones nose is still healing and I'd dread to think of how it looked fresh. His nose was clearly broken and by the sounds of their obnoxious discussion he was beaten up. Pretty badly by the looks of him. The purple under his dark eyes is intimidating enough. But the gross way those eyes look me up and down from the other side of the counter sends a chill down me. It's not the usual way men check me out, there's something disturbing behind those broken eyes.

"Well, look at this." He grins at me and drops his pack of drinks on the counter.

"ID." I request blankly, ignoring the way all three of them are staring at me. To my surprise they all hand over their identifications without hassle.

"What's your name?" The busted face asks as I check the dates on the cards and hand them back.

"Is this everything?" I ask him scanning his box and his friends dump theirs on the counter to also be scanned.

"Just the three boxes. And your name." The guy insists and I roll my eyes at him and wait for the register to pop up with the total.

"Fifty eight, seventy five." I read out the numbers for him and he pulls out a wad of folded notes, selecting the amount before handing them out for me to take.

When I reach for the money he pulls it back quickly.

"Ah ah ah." He tuts and his friends begin to snigger behind him.

"Your name." He requests again.

"Michelle." I lie and reach for the notes again but just like before he pulls them out of my reach. I don't think I even know anyone named Michelle, but it's the first random name I can think of.

"Is that really your name?" His direful gaze is alarming and I wish Jeremy were here. If he were I'd give them attitude and tell them to leave if they weren't paying. But he's not, and I can't take on these three guys myself. Busted face or not.

"Yes." I stare blankly at him, not wanting to give away the uneasiness dripping at me.

"Well, Michelle. Do you feel like coming to a party tonight with me and my friends?" He asks.

"I'm working sorry."

"Come on, you look ready for a party." He continues, still holding the money out of my reach.

"I can't sorry."

"Come on, Junior just give her the money." One of his friends says impatiently.

"How about this, Michelle. I'll give you the money if you show us your tits. I'll pay you a little extra, even." He suggests and I glance at the clock. It's only half nine, Jeremy won't be here for sometime still to take over my shift.

"I'm good." I decline.

"Just give her the money Junior—"

"Shut the fuck up!" He snaps over his shoulder at one of his friends, the raise in his voice makes me jump at first.

"If you're not going to pay for the beers you can leave." I tell him, doing my best to sound authoritative. Dark eyes meet mine again.

"I'll give you the money when I see fit, bitch." Junior barks at me and my heart rate picks up.

"You want this huh?" He dangles the notes near my face.

"Then show us the goods." He finishes. I stare at him, then at his friends who are exchanging glances with each other behind Junior's back.

I slide the boxes on the counter to the side, out of his way.

"Get out." I tell him. My hands blindly feeling for the baseball bat I know Jeremy keeps somewhere under the till.

"Junior. It's not worth it come on." One of his friends speaks up.

"Not worth it? Look at her." He laughs and my hand finds the cool metal of the bat handle.

"Come on let's just go, before someone comes." His other friend starts.

"We'll stop past the bordello if that's how you're feeling tonight." The friend on his other side adds. Is he referring to a brothel?!

"Nah I think I'd prefer Michelle, here. Her face is too pretty, practically asking for it if you ask me. I bet you're a pretty crier too." Junior says, and although I don't quite understand what he's talking about the threatening tone in his voice has me gripping the baseball bat.

"Get the fuck out." I order and pull the bat out from under the till so they can see it. Junior's broken face creases in a laugh, entertained by my weak threat.

"Come on." The taller of his friends snatches the cash out of Junior's hand and slams it on the counter before picking up the three boxes of beers. The other friend pushes at Junior's side, ushering him to the exit and I'm thankful his friends aren't looking for any kind of trouble.

"You better watch your fucking mouth with me bitch, you don't know who the fuck you're dealing with." Junior threatens as his friends drag him out the store.

I watch through the window as they pile into a large pick up, not taking my eyes off them as they peel out the car park, wheels screeching across the tarmac.

When they're completely out of sight and I no longer hear the roar of their truck I bellow out a sigh in relief. That was intense.

I don't know how long I've been staring out the window since they left when the bell rings as Jeremy walks into the shop.

He frowns at me, confused and glances at my hand. It takes me a moment to realise I'm still gripping the baseball bat.

"You alright there, Lil?" He questions.

"Yeah, I'm good." I give him a small smile and tuck the bat back under the till.

I've dealt with many difficult customers over the year and a bit I've worked at the liquor store but something about that Junior kid made my skin crawl. Those dark eyes, they remind me a lot of Victor's too. Eyes that show nothing but evil reflected behind them.

I'm erratic when I leave the liquor store, constantly checking over my shoulder and surveying the car park to make sure there are no pick ups around. It's this high alert behaviour that picks up on the parked car pulled up on the other side of the road.

A black sedan.

I scramble into my car and lock the doors immediately. I watch the car for a moment, it's parked up and doesn't seem to be running. Maybe it's just a coincidence. I shake my head at myself, trying to gain control of a high strung mind and stab my key into the ignition. I continue to glance at the parked sedan, watching for any movement as I reverse out of my spot and exit the parking lot. When the car makes no movement I puff air out in exasperation and run a hand over my hair, scolding myself for being so assuming and dramatic over a parked car.

However when I get a little down the road my stomach drops at the sight in my rear view mirror. The black sedan pulls out of its park and begins to follow me in my car.

—————————————————————

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.8K 237 12
*WARNING : Contains Mature and Explicit Content "You sure you know what you're getting yourself into bambi?" "No. But I can't wait until I find out."...
20.9K 393 18
this is a reader insert :) it uses they them pronouns too so anyone can really read it there is a slight set image and last name for the main charact...
7.4K 68 11
Tighnaris heat season has started and he needs sexual intercourse to end his heat season And Collei doesn't know about the heat season
4.8K 166 22
Running. I've become pretty accustomed to it by now. Whether it be back at the gym, being late to work, or my past. It was always the past. But h...