Run of the Billionaire (#6 Da...

By banawolkaye

"You only know how you love her when you let her go." ---Dave Kings She's busy loving him while he's busy lov... More

Introduction
CHAPTER 1: HOME COMING
CHAPTER 2: WELCOME BACK
CHAPTER 3: SEEING YOU AGAIN
CHAPTER 4: ANNOYING GIRLFRIEND
CHAPTER 5: TROUBLESOME BEAUTY
CHAPTER 6: HANDSOME TUTOR
CHAPTER 7: SONG REQUEST
CHAPTER 8: BEAUTY AND BRAINS
CHAPTER 9: MISSING CROWN
CHAPTER 10: SOMEONE'S BOYFRIEND
CHAPTER 12: Saving Caramel Eyes
CHAPTER 13: FLATTERING AND SHATTERING
CHAPTER 14: TERRIBLE SCENE

CHAPTER 11: SIBLING PROMISE

2.4K 111 17
By banawolkaye

RHEA'S POV

"Come on Rhea please, I'm begging you. Talk to Kendra for me." Vincent desperately begged, folding his hands together with a pair of puppy eyes. I ignored him while cleaning my nails inside my room on a chair while he almost kneel on the floor in despair.

I went to Kendra's house the day after that incident in the theatre but her mother said she's not there. She was also absent in school that day and yesterday, which literally means, I go to school without any friend. I need to train myself that Kendra is not always there to protect me but I also need to be strong so I can protect her. I'm a terrible bestie...

"Rhea please..." Vincent pleadingly kneeled in front of me while placing one of my hands in between his. I quickly pulled my hands away. This jerk, how could he act like this in front of me? So embarrassing for a famous bandalist. "She won't answer my calls and ignores me everytime we see each other. She pushed me away for like a hundred times. Did I really mess up that bad?" he pleadingly asked.

I just playfully smirked at him.

"If you weren't a jerk in the first place, you won't be pleading me right now." I playfully replied and continued cleaning my nails.

"Sasha just stepped on the stage and kissed me! I didn't have time to react because I'm holding the guitar-" I cut him off after blabbering like a girl.

"Reasons, reasons." I waved him off but he just pulled my hand once more.

"Please, help me talk to her. That's a misunderstanding! I swear in our grandpa's name." He stated, making me turn to meet his fluffy eyes. "I love Kendra. I love her so much." He stated lovingly with pleasing eyes.

But you know, I did what I didn't expect to react.

I laugh so hard that my stomach is aching.

Vincent looks so miserable while pleading and the way he expressed his love for Kendra doesn't suit him. It's not that it doesn't suit him but it's so weird and corny coming from him. I just can't stop laughing my heart out but, his eyes are serious that turned into a sudden vision of sadness. It's so sad and it's my first time to see him like this. My laughs started dying out after I realized how serious he is.

He let go of my hand and stood up to sit on my bed. He ruffled his hair gently before looking up at the ceiling as silence permeate the room. Even the nail cutter on my hand stopped making unnecessary noises.

"I've never been this crazy to a woman." He started. "Kendra is the most amazing, strongest woman I've ever encountered. I'm willing to leave the band for her and I don't ever want her to go, stay away from me or even leave me. I don't think I can stomach that thought." He silently continued.

So, what's he trying to say? That he loves Kendra so much more than his own family? Me?

"Those women in my past, they're just my past, nothing more. If she'll just talk to me, let me explain... I'll never do it again..." He sighed. "And I should've pushed Sasha off me."

Right now, I remembered the pain of watching the man I love from afar loving someone else. I don't ever want Kendra to feel that pain.

"But it happened. Watching the person you love kiss someone else is just..." I started without listening to my mind. Wait... did I just say that out loud?

"Yeah, I know." He ruffled his hair once more. "If another guy were kissing Kendra, I swear that I'll be killing him." he paused before meeting my eyes. "It's painful to let go of the person you love." he admitted but you know, I suddenly feel a pain in my chest.

I sadly looked away and continued cleaning my nails. I don't want to continue talking to Vincent, it flashes back every painful memories from Dave.

"Now I understand what you feel about Dave." He blurted out, making me pause on my nail-cleaning. "It's not easy to let go of someone you've loved ever since your childhood. I think I understand now a little..."

I didn't notice a tear that run down from my cheeks until it falls on my feet. Am I crying? How could I open this conversation to my big brother? I mean, I never talked to my big brother like this.

I think he heard a little sob that escaped my mouth.

"I'm so sorry for misunderstanding you, Rhea. I always prioritize my bestfriend's happiness that I totally forgot about my little sister's feelings. I'm so sorry that I ignored all the pain you're going through." He whispered heartily and I can't help but to let another sob.

Why am I crying anyway? I never hated Vincent but why do I feel this way about his apology? Why does it feel like I have something that freed me because of his words?

"I'm so sorry Rhea. I don't want you to feel another pain like what I feel right now. I'm so sorry for letting you suffer this pain for long from Dave. I shouldn't have let you grow alone with such pain. I'm really sorry, I failed as your big brother." He stated before standing on the bed and gave me a bear hug.

I didn't realize that I'm extremely crying on his chest while hugging him back. I cried and sobbed loudly in his hug while pouring out all the pain I've been suffering: Bullying pain since childhood and he wasn't always there to protect me and Dave's insults and the way he treats me. I didn't know I'm bursting everything in my cries.

I love my big brother so much and this is the first time I feel so protected in someone's arm. I feel extreme safety in Kendra's presence but Vincent's hug is in another level of safety.

"I'll help you get over Dave, don't worry. Just help me talk to Kendra tomorrow in the campus and I'll give you everything you want, okay?" he started rubbing my back in a caring way as I drift off to sleep.

"Okay. Good night, big bro..." I whispered as he settle me on the bed. He gave me a kiss on the forehead before turning off the lights.

"Good night, Little sis." He replied before closing the door with a gentle thud.

***

Early in the morning, Vincent and I went to school together. As expected, Kendra already went to school according to her parents. I just hope Kendra finally wants to talk with us.

"I can't love any woman in the perfect way if I can't even love my own family. That was cheezy but right." Vincent blurted out of nowhere while driving.

"You told me, didn't you? Love yourself first before someone so you can love anyone you want." I replied with a smile but he just laughed.

"Fine." He playfully stated before turning the wheels towards the parking lot. "I'm coming, Kendra. Just wait for your Prince Charming." He muttered but I heard it.

"Good luck getting her back. I'll support you." I stated, ignoring his cheezy remarks.

He laughed before opening the door for me  after killing the car's engine. I quickly stood out of his car and prepared my way towards the campus gate until my eyes landed on Kendra who's about to enter the entrance.

"Vincent, it's Kendra!" I pulled Vincent while pointing at Kendra. Both of our legs immediately moved to run after her but she just disappeared from the crowd of students. We entered the gate but I see no signs of Kendra.

"We lose her. But atleast we know, she's here." Vincent stated in relief before turning to me. "Just tell me if someone's hitting on you, I'll kill them." I just punched him lightly on his shoulder while laughing gently.

"Let's focus on Kendra." I replied shortly after settling down myself to calmness. "Anyways, I have an idea where Kendra goes first thing in the morning."

"Me too. And I think that place is..." Vincent stated with a smile before pulling me to that secret place where Kendra always go everytime she wants to be alone. It's a mini pavilion not far away from our building.

The two of us started heading towards that place and we're not mistaken, Kendra's reading a book all alone by herself, sitting like a queen on a silver chair. Her simple sundress were colorful that I recognized her right away.

"Just stay there okay? I got this." Vincent stated before leaving me, heading towards Kendra.

I swallowed the lump in my throat when she raised her eyes to meet Vincent's but she didn't even move a single muscle. She just watches him advance towards her spot.

After reaching her spot, Vincent grabbed another seat and placed it beside her. He started talking but I couldn't hear them. Not long after, Kendra turned her gaze to me and gave me a bright smile.

What a relief.
She's not that upset at me.

But her smile fell and became a frown when she turned to look at Vincent who's sweating rapidly while playing with his fingers nervously on his lap. Looks like he's having a hard time explaining things to Kendra but I trust him, he can do it.

"Popcorn?" I almost shriek in surprise when someone handed me a box of popcorns. I immediately turned to look at that person handing me the food.

It's Dave!

"You're standing here like you're watching a movie. Are you alone?" he asked before picking a piece of popcorn and gently devoured it in his mouth.

H-How did he...?

I'm still speechless while gazing at him. I didn't notice him stand beside me. I was too busy watching the lovebirds that I almost forgot about him.

"Are you playing cupid now, Rhea?" He irately asked, making me go back to my senses. Oh my, I'm not dreaming!

"N-No. I'm just helping Vincent get Kendra back." I replied and turned my gaze back to Kendra and Vincent.

"That incident a few days ago huh..." He whispered but I still heard it. This time, I quickly look around to check if he's with someone.

"Are you alone?" I asked after checking the area.

"I'm waiting for Vincent. We have a class together for the next hour." he replied after shortly glancing at his wristwatch. I just stare at his plain ocean blue shirt that stretches on his chest paired with slacks. He looks as dashing as ever but I remembered the pain Vincent and I were talking last night. I should probably move on but...

I turned my gaze once again at Vincent and Kendra. Kendra is crying while Vincent is calming her down before pulling her to a hug. Wait a minute, did Vincent hurt her again?

I was about to walk towards them but Dave pulled me back to him.

"When it comes to romantic relationships, don't involve yourself between them, you might trigger something that shouldn't be triggered. I know Vincent, he's going to settle this perfectly." Dave assured before releasing me on my spot.

I glared at him but he just shushed me gently before pointing at Vincent and Kendra. Kendra is kissing Vincent on the cheek before hugging him as if they were away from each other for so many years. Looks like everything is already solved.

I felt my phone vibrated in my pocket as I pulled it out. It's a message from Vincent!

Mission complete. Thank you little sis, love you. (>.<)

Vincent texted while hugging Kendra.

I'm so happy.

"I love you too, Vincent. Just don't her anymore okay?" I whispered and typed as a reply. I slipped my phone back to my pockets.

"You do care for Vincent, don't you?" Dave asked out of the blue, making me turn to him with a smile. His face looks like he's never expected me to be this supportive to Vincent.

What do I expect from someone who insults me?

"Of course! He's my big brother after all." I replied with a bright grin on my lips. Dave turned to look at me with a smile.

Hey, is he really smiling at me? First time.

"Keep that up. That's how siblings should be, helping each other." He replied before ruffling my hair again the way he always do. I glared at him before slapping his hand away from my head. He just chuckled before waving manly at Vincent who just finished wiping Kendra's cheeks.

I also waved at Kendra who gave me a warm smile before standing with Vincent and headed towards us, holding each other's hand. I can feel my cheeks blushing while watching them.

"You want to hold hands too?" Dave asked and suddenly pulled my free hand in his large hand.

"W-What are d-doing?" I nervously asked when I felt how warm his big hand is. My hand perfectly fit his like they're a perfect match. My heart started beating so fast that I almost feel deaf with every beat.

"I can see that you're jealous while looking at them holding hands together. I feel like you also want to hold hands with someone. Don't worry, we're friends after all." He replied as I started pulling my hands away from his grip.

"T-That's not what I mean! Let go of my hand, will you? Your girlfriend might see us and break up with you again like the last time." Then he paused after my words.

I almost want to punch myself after realizing the words I just stated. Rhea, you're so stupid!

He chuckled after before giving a reply.

"She doesn't have to be jealous, I'm all hers after all." He replied before picking up another handful of popcorn and shoved them in his mouth.

I thought I'll be hurt like before but I feel like my heart is being injected with anesthesia. It feels like my mind expected another line like that from him and my heart feels like it has gotten used to it.

I plastered Vincent's words last night in my mind and I'm determined to get over Dave in no time.

I acted as if I heard nothing before meeting Vincent's eyes when they reached us. His arm were vined on Kendra's shoulder before letting them settle on my neck. His lips came close to my ear before pulling me to him.

"Remember my promise last night." He whispered before letting me go. "Let's go, Dude!" He fist-bumped with Dave before turning to Kendra. "Love you. See you later, babe."

Kendra raised an eyebrow at him before winking.

***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

283 19 8
Stella Morgan is the typical quiet girl. She goes to class, gets straight A's, reads. That's been her thing ever since she was little. Her big brothe...
358K 16.5K 33
[ Highest Rank: #64 in Teen Fiction ] [ Highest Rank: #191 in Random ] (i'm currently re-editing this, so i'm sorry if it's messy) When Danielle's mo...
170K 4K 40
"Don't look at me like that. I promise I will make you feel like a queen, when living here." He said looking straight through me. He came closer and...
87.4K 4.4K 57
Have you ever wondered what more you could be missing when you have everything? Well, Michelle Reynold who is 17, a senior, blond and beautiful, have...