ALMOST

By popularfanfics

"Let's not even exchange names.. we aren't going to see each other anyway after this.." - Taehyung "Can't we... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Mr. 200 dollars
Chapter 2 - Turtle Rabbit
Chapter 3 - Another coincidence, another embarrassment
Chapter 4 - A Favor
Chapter 5 - Sweets
Chapter 6 - Sleep over
Chapter 7 - Return the favor
Chapter 8 - Something
Chapter 9 - Greater
Chapter 10 - His happiness
Chapter 11 - Similar yet different
Chapter 12 - It was destiny
Chapter 13 - Her family, his home
Chapter 14 - Friendship and Love
Chapter 15 - Five minutes
Chapter 16 - One after another
Chapter 17 - Breaking Up and Breaking Down
Chapter 18 - Time flies
Chapter 20 - From 'sorry' to 'thank you'
Chapter 21 - That thing called 'ex'
Chapter 22 - Still in love
Chapter 23 - Never Again
Chapter 24 - Don'ts
Chapter 25 - Her question, his answer
Chapter 26 - Pure and Sincere
Chapter 27 - Returning to him
Chapter 28 - Lovely moments
Chapter 29 - Their very first
Chapter 30 - Till the end

Chapter 19 - Their Past

591 50 18
By popularfanfics

“Mina..” Jisoo said softly as she lowered her gaze to the floor. “Professor Kim..”

She bowed her head a little.

“It’s been a long time..”

A very long time.. five years.. is a very long time..

She knew it was inevitable.. she knew she’d meet him again now that she’s returned to Seoul..

But she didn’t expect to meet him this soon..

And specially not with Mina..

The gods must be having a blast now.. how could they let them meet like this?

“I almost didn’t recognize you..” said Mina smiling onesidedly as she glanced at Taehyung who was staring at Jisoo.

“Professor Kim.. do you remember her? She was a student in your class..”

Taehyung clenched his fists.

How can he not remember her? How can he not recognize her?

She wasn’t just a student to him.. she wasn’t just a neighbor.. or a friend..

She was the woman he loved.. and the woman he hurt..

“I’m sorry but.. we are late for dinner.. we need to go now..” said Jisoo bowing her head quickly before walking away from there.

RM cleared his throat.

He knows he has to explain this to Taehyung.. but he doesn’t know where to start..

He was about to approach him when Taehyung spoke..

“Mina and I are also going to a dinner.. we can talk later hyung..” he said as he walked away.

Mina followed after him.

“I didn’t know Jisoo came back already.. I heard she went to Paris to study..”

Taehyung stopped and turned to her.

“She went to Paris to study?” he asked repeating after her.

How come he didn’t know anything about it?

Is that the reason why she disappeared?

Did she quit college because of that?

“She worked there for two years as far as I know..” Mina continued. “Our classmates were talking about her accomplishments the last time I met with them..”

Taehyung let out a sigh.

It seems like Jisoo was doing well all these years..

That’s a relief..

————————

“You seem bothered..” said RM as he parked on the side.

After having a quick dinner, he drove Jisoo home.

“I was just surprised..” Jisoo answered. “I didn’t expect to see them..”

“You mean to see them together?” asked RM turning to her.

Jisoo took a deep breath.

“Probably..” she said softly as she held on the seatbelt.

RM unbuckled it for her.

“Mina has been following Taehyung around for years.. she must be the most loyal woman I have ever seen..” he said smiling. “I wonder why she never gets tired..”

“She likes him.. she has always liked him..” said Jisoo taking a deep breath.

Mina liked him a lot.. maybe too much.. that she did very selfish things just to have him..

“How does it feel?” asked RM leaning his back against his seat as he looked forward. “Meeting your ex after all these years..”

Jisoo held her bag tightly as she reflected on herself.

Why did she have to use this bag tonight? No.. why did she even keep it all this time?

How does it feel wearing it again after all these years?

It must be the same as how she feels after meeting him..

Nothing.

“I’ll see you tomorrow at the opening.. goodnight..” said Jisoo going out of his car.

RM sighed.

“She didn’t answer my question..” he said to himself as he went away.

He drove home and found another car parked just in front of his door.

He knows whom it belongs to..

The man whom he owes an explanation..

Taehyung..

“I see your car in this neighborhood quite often..” said RM as he alighted.

Taehyung remained silent.

“Come inside.. I know you have a lot to ask me..” said RM putting his arm around his shoulders.

He has never seen him this serious after fighting with him at the beach five years ago.

They sat across each other in the living room.

“I’m sorry..” said RM taking a deep breath.

He knows how Taehyung might feel..

He could think that he betrayed him for not telling him anything about finding Jisoo..

He might feel unfair because he hid her from him when he knew that he loved her very much and was dying to see her despite their break up..

He’s ready to accept everything he says to him..

He can even take a punch now.. he knows he deserves it..

“Thank you hyung..” said Taehyung taking a deep breath.

RM’s eyes widened.

Thank you? Did he hear him right? That wasn’t hallucination?

“I’m glad.. you helped her..” said Taehyung looking at him.

RM didn’t say anything.

“I’ll go now.. I’m sorry for taking up your time this late at night..” said Taehyung standing up.

He was going towards the door when RM spoke again.

“I want to be honest with you Taehyung..”

He stopped on his feet.

“So I want you to be honest with me too..” RM continued.

“Do you still love her?”

Taehyung closed both of his hands into fists.

He didn’t answer.

“I think I am interested in her..” said RM taking a deep breath. “It’s been a while.. I guess..”

Taehyung’s throat moved fast as he listened to him.

But all he could say was..

“I’ll see you next time hyung..”

And then he went out of the door.

RM looked at the ceiling to organize his thoughts.

————————

Jisoo was busily serving her customers as soon as she opened her shop.

She didn’t know many people would come..

She smiled as she gave the customer the box of cake.

“Thank you for buying..” she said politely as she bowed her head.

And while preparing for other orders, she noticed a big bouquet of flowers being carried inside by some men wearing suits.

What is it? Why did some bodyguard looking men come to her shop and bring a bouquet?

Did they make a mistake perhaps?

She was still looking at them when she noticed a beautiful and tall woman walking behind them.

Lisa.

She can’t be mistaken.. that is surely Lisa!

She finished what she was doing and ran hurriedly to Lisa who was jumping out of joy to see her.

“How have you been Jisoo? Why didn’t you contact me?” asked Lisa almost in tears as she hugged her. “How could you just disappear like that? I was totally heartbroken when I found out that you quit university..”

Jisoo smiled as she listened to her cute scoldings.

She has also missed her.. she was very kind and true to her back then..

But.. how did she know that she opened a shop? How did she find her here?

“RM oppa told me this morning so I had to come and drag Jungkook with me..” said Lisa turning to the man holding the big bouquet.

“Jungkook?” Jisoo called him hesitantly. “Is that Jungkook?”

Jungkook put the flowers on an empty table before facing Jisoo.

“That’s right.. it’s me..” he said smiling.

Jisoo smiled as she greeted him.

She didn’t see him at all! And he wasn’t even saying anything!

A few moments later, RM also came to join them.

He thought it was the right time to let them meet Jisoo again so he told them about her shop..

“RM oppa.. Jungkook.. Lisa..” Jisoo smiled as she looked at them one by one. “Thank you.. for coming here today..”

The three of them are here.. they are here to support her on the opening of her first shop..

These friends she made five years ago.. these warm people who made her feel loved back then.. they are still the same...

She glanced at each of them once more.. and she realized only one person was missing..

That person who filled a whole chapter of her life with beautiful memories..

“Taehyung oppa couldn’t come because of his classes today..” said Lisa after noticing she has become quiet.

Jungkook cleared his throat.

“What should I order? Which one is the best one?” he asked changing the topic immediately.

Jisoo smiled wide as she went back to work.

“I’ll treat you today.. you can get anything you want..”

————————

It was the closing time and Jisoo was cleaning all the tables when she heard the door opening.

Oh no.. she must have forgotten to close it!

“I’m sorry but we are already closed for today so-..”

She stopped as she saw who it was.

Taehyung just came inside her shop..

“Professor Kim..” she called him softly as she clenched her fists on her sides.

Taehyung had his eyes lowered as he felt embarrassed.

RM had also sent him a message about her opening today.

He was hesitating all day if he should come and greet her but in the end he chose to visit her shop.

“I didn’t know which one you’d like so I brought the safest choice..” said Jisoo as she put a slice of chocolate cake and a cup of coffee on the table.

Taehyung glanced at her face quickly.

Curly hair suits her.. she looks more like a lady.. she’s even wearing some makeup now.. did she finally learn how to?

“What is this cake called?” he asked as he grabbed a fork and took a bite.

“Primo bacio..” said Jisoo holding her hands together under the table. “I called it ‘primo bacio cake’..”

Taehyung’s lips curled up a little.

“Primo bacio” means first kiss in Italian..

Bacio.. or baci..

Those were the chocolates she gave him back then.. those he never got to taste because they were too precious to even open.. he has finally gotten a taste of it now..

“It’s really good.. I like it..” he said looking straight at her. “Primo bacio.. tasted really sweet..”

Jisoo’s throat moved fast.

He meant the cake, right?

She suddenly felt being pulled back in time.. to that very moment they had their first kiss.. which might have tasted as sweet as this chocolate cake in front of them..

She cleared her throat as she felt the heat crawling on her cheeks as the image of their first kiss appeared on her mind.

Choosing this cake must have been a mistake..

“You look like you’re doing well.. I’m happy for you..” said Taehyung breaking the ice. “The shop looks pretty.. I’m sure you’ll get a lot of customers..”

Jisoo smiled.

“You too.. you seem to be doing fine..” she said softly. “I am also.. happy for you..”

There was a moment of silence again between them.

“I didn’t know you went to Paris to study..” said Taehyung. “That must be why I didn’t see you anymore after that night..”

Jisoo closed her hands into fists tightly.

“It just happened.. all of a sudden.. that’s why I couldn’t tell anyone..” she said biting her lower lip. “And I thought.. I didn’t have to tell you anymore.. because we had already broken up..”

Taehyung held her stare.

If she had told him she would be leaving.. if she had mentioned she would be quitting university.. he would have never let go of her hand that night..

He wouldn’t have agreed to break up with her.. he would have held onto her..

Because he had no intention of breaking up with her in the first place anyway..

Even after knowing the truth.. even after she told him that she was involved in his parents’ death..

“Jisoo.. about us-..”

“You and Mina look good..” said Jisoo all of a sudden.

Taehyung’s brows narrowed.

“Mina has liked you since you first came to the university..” Jisoo continued making him confused.

What does Mina have to do with the two of them?

He wanted to talk about themselves.. about what they had..

“I’m happy for the two of you..” said Jisoo smiling a little.

Taehyung sighed.

Even now.. she is determined to push him out of her life..

She doesn’t think of what he feels.. she doesn’t care about what he thinks..

She only says and does what she wants..

Taehyung stood up from his seat.

“Thank you for the treat..” he said with his eyes lowered down to the table. “I’ll go now so you can close the shop..”

Jisoo nodded.

“Thank you for the visit.. I appreciate it..” she answered.

She was keeping her gaze sideways.

For some reason, she can’t look him in the eye..

It might be because it still feels strange to talk to him alone like this..

Perhaps she feels awkward with him..

Or maybe she’s lying to him by saying those things..

Happy?

How can she be happy when she despises that girl the most?

After what she did to her.. after what she made her do..

If it hadn’t been for her.. she would have never left Taehyung like that five years ago..

She would have never broken up with him.. because she loved him..

It hurt to continue loving him.. but still, she did..

————————-

A few weeks passed by..

Lisa invited Jisoo to a club together with RM and Jungkook.

How long has it been since she last came to a place like this?

Maybe it was 8-10 years ago? Was she with Jhope that time?

She doesn’t really remember it anymore because she rarely had time at night.. she was busy working everytime..

“I wish we could meet like this more often..” said Jungkook to RM. “It’s fun to see everyone from time to time..”

RM smiled as he glanced at Jisoo who was talking with Lisa.

“Hyung..” Jungkook tapped his arm. “Is it true that you helped Jisoo to go to Paris?”

RM nodded.

He can openly talk about it now.. there’s nothing to hide anymore.

“I heard you also talked with Taehyung hyung about it.. I’m glad there’s no issue anymore..” Jungkook continued.

Well.. dating your friend’s ex should be prohibited but if the two parties have come to an agreement then what can be so wrong about it?

“This dress looks really pretty on you.. did you buy this in Paris?” asked Lisa smiling wide at Jisoo.

Jisoo must be the only woman she likes..

All the other girls try to appear pretty and cute while Jisoo is true to herself..

Well.. she is cute and pretty herself so maybe she doesn’t need to..

Unlike someone she knows who always tags along whenever she invites Taehyung..

“Gosh.. how could she come tonight? Taehyung oppa hasn’t even showed up yet..” said Lisa in a low voice.

Jisoo turned her head to Mina.

Of course she expected to see her.. she expected to meet her..

She doesn’t mind it.. she doesn’t care about her..

But she didn’t expect to witness a scene like this..

“You came, oppa?” Mina ran to Taehyung who has just arrived.

She put her arm across his as she pulled him towards the table.

“Oppa?” Lisa sounded annoyed. “How could she call him oppa? They aren’t even that close..”

And her mouth fell open when Taehyung held Mina’s hand as he sat across them.

Jisoo’s eyes went to his hand caressing Mina’s hand softly..

Her throat moved fast.

That hand which used to hold hers.. is now holding another woman’s hand..

She knows she shouldn’t feel anything anymore..

She knows she shouldn’t be bothered..

But why does she feel her chest tighten as she looks at that hand?

“I had things to finish at home that’s why I came late..” said Taehyung as he gently pulled his arm away from Mina. “Have you all ordered drinks?”

Jungkook nodded.

“We did.. why? Did you want something in particular?”

Taehyung shook his head.

“I brought my car.. I can’t drink tonight..” he replied as he glanced at Jisoo who was still looking at him.

Jisoo turned her head away immediately.

He has a car now.. he got himself a license in the end..

He told her in the past that he’d get one because he wanted to drive her..

She shook her head before she could think of other things she shouldn’t be thinking.

“Are you okay?” asked RM worriedly. “Do you want to go and get some fresh air? I know you hate dark and closed places like this..”

After Jisoo went into depression, she started being scared alone in the dark..

Probably because she witnessed her bestfriend hanging to death in that dark and cold room..

Ever since that day she keeps getting scared whenever she’s alone in a dark room..

She can’t even sleep without a lamp on..

“I’ll go to the toilette..” said Jisoo standing up. “I’ll be back right away..”

“Are you sure you can go alone?” asked RM.

Maybe inviting her tonight was a wrong move..

He didn’t know Taehyung would also bring Mina.. and certainly he didn’t know that they’d be showing affection with each other that explicitly..

He isn’t really sure about Taehyung’s intentions.. at first he thought he still had feelings for Jisoo but now it seems like he’s starting to accept Mina’s feelings instead..

Jisoo excused herself and went to the toilette hurriedly.

That wasn’t good.. she must have only been surprised.. that’s right..

She needs to calm herself down and think of something else..

She cannot be jealous over a woman flirting with her ex..

Jealousy.. if she keeps minding their business then it might be considered as jealousy..

She washed her hands quickly before going out of there.

And she found Mina as soon as she stepped out.

She didn’t know what to do.. she didn’t know what to say.. so she just bowed her head before walking past her..

But then Mina spoke..

“He said he wants to go out with me..”

Jisoo stopped.

By he..? Does she mean..?

“Taehyung oppa.. I can finally call him oppa instead of Professor Kim..”

Jisoo turned to her slowly.

“I’m glad for you..” she said gritting her teeth. “Isn’t this what you have always wanted?”

Mina walked towards her.

“You seem to answer me well now..” she said smiling onesidedly. “You couldn’t even look me in the eye back then..”

Jisoo looked straight into her eyes.

“I am not the weak Jisoo anymore..” she said clenching her hands on her sides.

She could still remember that day vividly..

That day when this woman ruined her life.. her love.. her dreams..

It happened 5 years ago.. but she cannot just forgive her for what she did..

“I.. am not the same Jisoo who knelt before you to beg you.. I am not the old Jisoo anymore.. Jisoo continued as she held her chin up.

Mina made her kneel before her that day in exchange of deleting all the pictures of her and Taehyung..

She made her kneel in front of other students.. embarrassed her.. and forced her to quit..

“That is for me to decide..” said Mina whispering to her ears as she held her arm.

Jisoo pushed her hand away from her.

Mina chuckled.

“You try to appear brave but your eyes are trembling Jisoo..” she said folding her arms.

Jisoo smirked.

“And you?” she said looking at her eye to eye. “You try hard to appeal to him but he-..”

She took a step forward.

“Does he even like you?”

Mina’s throat moved fast.

“Taehyung oppa said we are dating-..”

“Did he tell you he likes you?”

Mina took a deep breath before going inside the toilette.

Jisoo heaved a long sigh.

What did she just do? Did she come here to fight? When did she even learn to answer like that?

Why did Mina have to provoke her?

She held onto her chest to calm herself down.

She should stay away from her from now on..

She doesn’t want to fight with anyone..

She was still breathing heavily when RM reached her.

He was worried she was taking too much time in the toilette and was even more worried when he noticed Mina was also gone from their table.

“How are you feeling?” he asked as he checked on her. “Is something going on?”

Jisoo shook her head.

“Nothing.. I was just getting a little dizzy but I’m fine now..” she answered smiling.

RM held her arm.

“We should just go to a restaurant next time instead of meeting up at clubs.. staying in dark places could trigger your trauma again..” he said worried.

Jisoo held his hand and tapped it lightly.

“There’s nothing to worry about.. I’m fine now..” she said smiling to reassure him.

The two of them walked forward and found Taehyung just before them.

He went there to check if something happened with her..

He wanted to see if everything was okay..

He was worried about her after seeing her leaving earlier..

But it seems like he shouldn’t have..

He keeps forgetting the fact that he and Jisoo are nothing to each other now..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.5K 2.2K 20
"Tell me Jimin, do you ever kiss Taehyung?" "We kiss all the time." Jimin cleard his throat, then added, "We just...do it in private." A smug express...
1.3M 64.7K 36
As Professor Taehyung ventures in a relationship with his student, Jeon Jungkook, he is aware of the consequences... but is he ready to face them? **...
22K 533 18
A simple girl who used to get bullied in the past when she was young is now a fashion designer along with her sister. She didn't got the love she de...