Lightning Up My World (Denki...

By jesse_fanficmama

EDITING IN PROCESS!! (Second Person to First Person) Y/N L/N Hero Name - Aquarius 🌊 Quirk - Water 💧 She can... More

Chapter 1 - Welcome to UA High
Chapter 3 - Through the First Day
Chapter 4 - All Might
Chapter 5 - Midoriya vs Bakugo
Chapter 6 - Water and Ice
Chapter 7 - Class Rep
Chapter 8 - Big Panic
Chapter 9 - On the Bus
Chapter 10 - USJ
Chapter 11 - Hostage Situation
Chapter 12 - We're Pumped!
Chapter 13 - Sleepover
Chapter 14 - Our Types
Chapter 15 - Physical Strength
Chapter 16 - Help Out
Chapter 17 - It's a Date
Chapter 18 - Obstacle Race
Chapter 19 - Cavalry Battle
Chapter 20 - Semi Finals
Chapter 21 - Finals
Chapter 22 - Make You Laugh
Chapter 23 - Aquarius
Chapter 24 - Attack on Hosu
Chapter 25 - Rescue Race
Chapter 26 - Getting Better
Chapter 27 - Zach
Chapter 28 - Wing Girl
Chapter 29 - Avoiding Him
Chapter 30 - True Feelings
Chapter 31 - Study with Denki
Chapter 32 - Ears Pop
Chapter 33 - Let's All Go
Chapter 34 - Fun Together
Chapter 35 - Sunset
Chapter 36 - Would You Date Me?
Chapter 37 - I Love You
Chapter 38 - Intense Start
Chapter 39 - During Training
Chapter 40 - I Dare You...
Chapter 41 - One Kiss
Chapter 42 - Poison Gas
Chapter 43 - Burn or Boil?
Chapter 44 - My Boyfriend
Chapter 45 - Scars
Chapter 46 - Some Convincing
Chapter 47 - Most Important
Chapter 48 - Laugh with Friends
Chapter 49 - Our New Home
Chapter 50 - Boy's Dorms
Chapter 51 - Girl's Dorms
Chapter 52 - Goodnight, Denki

Chapter 2 - Quirk Assessment

592 1 7
By jesse_fanficmama

You sit down at your desk and wait for the teacher to arrive. A green-haired boy entered the room and instantly got flustered by everyone staring at him. Iida walks over to him and introduces himself, all while a brown-haired girl joins the conversation from out in the hall.

???: "If you're going to be hunting for buddies, do it elsewhere."

The three of them hurry into the room.

Y/T: 'Uh... who the heck is this guy?'

???: "Hmm, it took your lot eight seconds to quiet down. Life is short, kids. You're all lacking in common sense."

Mr Aizawa: "I'm your homeroom teacher, Shota Aizawa. Pleasure to meet you."

He pulls out a blue, white, and red uniform with the letters 'UA' on them.

Mr Aizawa: "Wear these, immediately. And then head to the gym."

He hands everyone a uniform and walks away. After changing in the locker room...

Mr Aizawa: "Alright, now that everyone's here, let's get going. Today we're doing a Quirk Assessment."

(Ochako) ???: "Uhm... Mr Aizawa? What about the guidance counsellor meeting? Or the ceremony?"

Mr Aizawa: "You want to be a hero, no?"

???: "Of course I do!"

Mr Aizawa: "Then you don't need silly ceremonies. We're here to work. Not have fun."

???: "But-"

Mr Aizawa: "No 'buts'. Let's start."

Mr Aizawa turns to the blond kid from before.

Mr Aizawa: "Bakugou, how far could you pitch a softball in middle school?"

Bakugou: "Sixty-seven meters."

Mr Aizawa throws a softball at Bakugou and points to a circle in the field.

Mr Aizawa: "Try using your quirk this time around. As long as you don't leave the circle, anything you do is fine. Oh and, don't hold back. It's a waste of time."

Bakugou: "You asked for it."

He winds up and throws the ball.

Bakugou: "DIIIIIIEEEE!!!!"

Y/T: 'Die? Why would he shout something like that?!'

Mr Aizawa: "Before anything else, one must know what they're capable of."

Mr Aizawa showed the class a small device that had a number on it. It showed seven hundred and five point two meters.

Y/T: 'He really didn't have to scream 'die'.'

You look at him unimpressed.

Mr Aizawa: "This is a rational metric that will form the basis of your 'Hero Foundation'."

Mina: "Awesome!! That looks so fun!"

(Kiri) ???: "Seven-hundred and five meters?! That's insane!"

(Denki) ???: "We can really use our quirks all we want?! This is so sweet!!"

Mr Aizawa: "It looks fun... you say? So you were planning to spend your three years here, having a good 'ol time? What happened to becoming heroes? Alright then, in that case, new rule: the student who ranks last in total points will be judged 'hopeless' and will be instantly expelled. Our 'freedom' means we can dispense of students as we please. Welcome to The Department of Heroics."

(Ochako) ???: "You can't be serious! This is our first day, even if it wasn't, this is just too unfair!"

Mr Aizawa: "Unfair? Are natural disasters fair? What about massive accidents or super villains? Life is always unfair, it's a hero's job to combat this unfairness and help others. This is Plus Ultra, it's expected of you to overcome the unfairness of the world. Once you leave this school, you'll be top-notch heroes ready to save the day. You got that?"

Class 1-A: "Yes sir..."

Mr Aizawa: "Now that was the demonstration. Time to step up to the plate. First up is the fifty-meter dash. First up is Yaoyorozu and L/N. I'll give you a few minutes to get ready."

Y/T: 'What should I do? Maybe I could propel myself with some water jets on my hands... would that even work?'

You feel a tap on your shoulder. You turn and look at the girl next to you, who you're guessing is Yaoyorozu.

Y/N: "Yes?"

Momo: "Hello there, you look a bit nervous. Don't be so worried! You've got this!"

She gave you a kind and sweet smile that made you feel so much more at ease.

Y/N: "You really think so?"

Momo: "Of course! You seem plenty capable."

Y/N: "I think you'll do great too!"

Momo: "Thank you. Let's do our best."

Y/N: "Right!"

Mr Aizawa: "Alright, get ready you two."

You get ready and go into a running stance.

Mr Aizawa: "On your marks... get set... GO!!"

You make water burst in the palms of your hand to push you forward. As you pass the finish line, the robot tells you your score.

Robot: "Five point thirty-six seconds!!"

Y/T: 'That's not too bad! It's better than middle school!'

Yaoyorozu crosses the finish line next.

Robot: "Seven point three seconds!!"

Y/N: "Nice job, Yaoyorozu!"

Momo: "Thank you, L/N."

Y/N: "Of course!"

Mr Aizawa: "Alright, next runners."

The Iida guy from earlier stepped up to the starting line. A girl with green hair did the same. They lined up and got ready to run.

Mr Aizawa: "On your marks... get set... GO!"

A cloud of smoke momentarily fills your vision.

Robot: "Three point four seconds!!"

When the smoke clears, you see Iida had passed the finish line. A few seconds later the frog girl gets past the finish line too.

Robot: "Five point fifty-eight seconds!!"

You walk up to the green haired girl and tap her shoulder.

Y/N: "Hey! You were pretty awesome just now."

She gives you a smile.

???: "Thank you, I saw your race a few minutes ago. You were awesome too, ribbit."

Y/N: "Oh! I'm Y/N L/N!"

Tsu: "I'm Tsuyu Asui but call me Tsu."

Y/N: "Nice ta meet ya, Tsu! I hope we can become good friends!"

Tsu: "I hope so too, ribbit."

Mr Aizawa: "Alright, enough talking. Next group, step up."

A brown-haired girl walks up along with a blonde kid with a large tail. The brown-haired girl taps her shoes and shoulders.

Y/T: 'What is she doing...?'

Mr Aizawa: "Alright. On your marks, get set, GO!!"

They both run until they both cross the line.

Robot: "Five point forty-nine seconds!"

The guy with the tail passed the finish line first. The brown haired girl pressed her fingers together as she reaches the finish line and gets second place.

Robot: "Seven point fifteen seconds!"

You walk up to her and give her a smile.

Y/N: "Hey! You did pretty good!"

???: "You really think so? So far I have the lowest score..."

Y/N: "Don't worry about it! I'm sure you'll do great!"

Ochako: "Thank you! I'm Ochaco Uraraka!!"

Y/N: "I'm Y/N L/N! Nice to meet you Uraraka!"

Ochako: "Nice to meet you too, L/N!"

Mr Aizawa: "Next pair!"

Ashido and a blonde kid walks up. The blonde kid turns around and places his hands behind his head.

Y/T: 'What is he doing...? Is he going to run backwards?'

(Aoyama) ???: "Haha... Everyone's being so artless about it... You should use your quirk..."

Mr Aizawa: "On your marks, get set, GO!!"

???: "Like this!!"

A sparkling laser shoots out of a belt that he was wearing, bushing him forward. But a few seconds later, the laser stops shooting, and he falls on his butt. He quickly gets up and shoots it again. Ashido was the first to cross the line.

Robot: "Five point three seconds!"

A moment later the blonde kid crosses.

Robot: "Five point fifty-one seconds!"

You smile and walk up to Ashido.

Y/N: "Hey!! Nice job, Ashido!"

Mina: "Thanks L/N! It was pretty easy!"

Y/N: "Seems like it!"

Mr Aizawa: "Next!"

The next ones up were Bakugou and a green-haired kid. The green-haired guy looked really nervous...

Mr Aizawa: "On your marks, get set, GO!!"

Bakugou rushed ahead, wasting no time.

Robot: "Four point thirteen seconds!!"

Bakugou finished first by a landslide.

Robot: "Seven point two seconds!"

The green haired kid had his hands on his knees as he breathed heavily.

Mr Aizawa: "Alright, now onto the grip strength test."

Mr Aizawa gave everyone a small handheld device.

Mr Aizawa: "This device will tell you how strong your grip is in kilograms."

You surrounded your hand in water, trying to make your grip tighter. You heard a small beep and looked down. Sixty Kilograms.

Y/T: 'That's not too bad...'

(Sero) ???: "WOAH!! Five hundred and forty kilos?! What are you, a gorilla?!"

A guy with strange looking arms seemed to have gotten a high score. In the corner of your eye. You see the green-haired guy. He looks like he was having a panic attack.

Mr Aizawa: "Alright, next test."

The next few tests go by pretty quickly. Soon, it's time for the ball throw test. It was Uraraka's turn to throw.

Y/N: "Hey ! Good luck, Uraraka!"

Ochako: "Thanks L/N!"

She walked into the circle and got ready to throw. Uraraka throws the ball. It floats off until it goes out of view. Mr Aizawa shows the class her distance.

Class 1-A: "INFINITY?!"

Y/T: 'Woah... Uraraka's amazing!'

Once again, in the corner of your eye you see the green-haired guy looking even more nervous. You walk up to him and tap his shoulder. He jumps and turns to you.

Y/N: "Are you okay? You look really nervous..."

???: "Y-yeah... I'm f-fine..."

Y/N: "Really? You don't look like it..."

???: "Y-yeah, I-i... um..."

Y/N: "If you're worried about being expelled, don't be. You got into UA, didn't you? That must mean something! I mean, you've got to be strong to pass the entrance exams! Don't you think?"

???: "Y-yeah... I guess you're right...!"

He gets a grin on his face that makes your heart melt.

Y/N: "There we go! Now give it everything you've got!"

Deku: "Yeah! By the way, I'm Izuku Midoriya."

Y/N: "Y/N L/N. Nice to meet you, Midoriya."

Mr Aizawa: "Alright, next person."

Midoriya walks up to the circle and gets handed the ball. He winds up and gets ready to throw. He pitches the ball.

Mr Aizawa: "Forty-six meters."

Midoriya looked up in shock. He starts to mumble something until Mr Aizawa interrupts him.

Mr Aizawa: "I erased your quirk. It defies reason. How did somebody like you manage to enter this academy?"

Mr Aizawa's hair floated up and the scarf from around his neck followed, revealing bright yellow goggles.

Deku: "You erased it?! And those goggles... oh my god! You're the erasing hero, Eraserhead!"

Mr Aizawa: "From what I observed, you can't rein in your quirk's full power. Meaning you can't use it efficiently at all. Did you think someone would come and save you after you crippled yourself again?"

Deku: "N-no I d-didn't, I just-"

Mr Aizawa's scarf floated and wrapped around him.

Mr Aizawa: "Whatever hopes you may have nursed of your imminent rescue, as you can see, nobody is in a position to come to your aid."

Mr Aizawa continues to talk to him until his hair floated back down. Midoriya winds up again and goes to throw the ball. He throws the softball. It shoots into the air and flies away. You take a closer look and see that his pointer finger looked mangled.

Y/T: 'Holy crap! Is he okay?!'

Ochako: "You finally got a score suitable for a hero!!"

Iida: "His finger is swollen... it reminds me of the entrance exam incident... what an odd quirk..."

Y/N: "That throw broke his finger... Is he okay?"

Bakugou: "........!!!!!"

Bakugou starts to run toward the middle of the circle.

Bakugou: "WHAT WAS THAT, DEKU YOU BASTARD?!! EXPLAIN NOW, SHITRAG!!"

Deku: "UWAAAA!!!"

As Bakugou ran, Mr Aizawa wrapped his scarf around him.

Bakugou: "What's with this fucking cloth?! I can't...!"

Mr Aizawa: "It's my special 'capture weapon'. A steel wire alloy woven with carbon nanofibers. Don't make me use my quirk so much... It gives me serious dry eye. We're wasting time. Prepare for the next trial."

Ochako: "Is your finger alright?"

Deku: "Ah... y-yeah..."

After that, the class continues with the rest of the tests. None of them were that eventful.

Mr Aizawa: "Time to present the results. The total is simply the aggregate sum of each of your scores. If I recited all your scores it'd take a million years, so I'll just disclose them all at once. Here they are."

You scan the list to find where you placed.

Y/T: '4th place isn't so bad..!'

Mr Aizawa: "Oh yeah, that whole 'expulsion' thing was a lie. It was a logical ruse to pull out your best performances."

Class 1-A: "WHAAAT?!"

Momo: "Wasn't that a little obvious...?"

Mr Aizawa: "And... right, yep, with that, it's over. Your curriculum sheets are back in the classroom so give them a once-over. And Midoriya, go to Recovery Girl and get yourself patched up."

Mr Aizawa gives Midoriya a small slip of paper to go to Recovery Girl, and he walks away.

Y/T: 'Well... time to go back to class...'

You head back to the classroom.

(Denki) ???: "Well hey there! Aren't you attractive?"

Y/N: "Huh? Are you talking to me?"

???: "Of course!"

Y/N: "Uh..."

???: "What do you say we go out together? We could go to a nice café nearby. I'm sure someone as sweet looking as you would love some treats."

Y/N: "Well... um... maybe...?"

???: That's good enough for me!"

A bright grin appears on his face.

Y/N: "Uhm...?"

???: "We could go get some food somewhere!"

Y/N: "Uh... alright... I'm Y/N L/N."

Denki: "I'm Denki Kaminari!"

Kaminari pulls out a small slip of paper and writes something down on it.

Denki: "Here's my number, call me anytime, cutie."

Y/T: 'Well... he seemed pretty nice... He was also kind of handsome...'

Your face flushed red but you smack your cheeks to snap out of it.

Y/T: 'Don't think stuff like that, Y/N! You're here to be a hero!'

You shake your head and return to your seat.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 23 21
" 𝔀𝓸𝓪𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓹𝓵𝓪𝔂 𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓻𝓭𝓮𝔀 𝓽𝓸𝓸? " " 𝓭𝓸 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝔀𝓪𝓷𝓷𝓪 𝓹𝓵𝓪𝔂 𝓼𝓸𝓶𝓮𝓽𝓲𝓶𝓮? " Denki, a student in attendance at UA, the n...
197 14 12
Denki X Reader ⚠️TRIGGER WARNING⚠️ If there is something that could possibly be triggering I'll put a warning. You're the daughter of Aizawa and Pre...
17.6K 1.1K 6
Cassia, a flower representing amiability and kindness. And from the short time you've spent with him, despite his flirtatious nature, you know you ca...
329K 13.5K 53
(Name) (Last Name) has quite a quirky life. Though, she doesn't have a dysfunctional family or a terrible school life. Seems completely normal...