The Hero Prince (MHA x Fate)

By AnastasiusFinch

Perhaps fate's cruel and dark design will forever curse the existence of Izuku Yagi. As one of the only diffe... More

Characters' Bio [1]
Prologue
Chapter 1 - Gilgamesh's Morning
Chapter 2 - The Reject's Heroism: 10 Years Later
Chapter 3 - The Reject's Heroism: All Might
Chapter 5 - One for All
Chapter 6 - Izuku's Decision
Chapter 7 - Home of the Kings
Chapter 8 - The Neglection: The Plan
Chapter 9 - The Neglection: Revelation
Chapter 10 - 6 Months' Progress
Chapter 11 - Retirement Party & Arrival: Holy Grail War
Chapter 12 - Retirement Party & Arrival: All For One
Chapter 13 - Retirement Party & Arrival: Clash
Characters' Bio [2]
Chapter 14 - Entrance Exam: Unaware Reunion
Chapter 15 - Entrance Exam: Practical Portion
Chapter 16 - Confrontation
Chapter 17 - First Day & Meeting
Chapter 18 - Liberation & Settling in
Anastasia SS: How She Came to Be
Chapter 19 - Battle Trial: Lover's Ferocity
Chapter 20 - Battle Trial: Consecutive Bouts
Chapter 21 - Battle Trial: Denouement
Chapter 22 - Media Breach
Chapter 23 - USJ: Start of the Raid
Chapter 24 - USJ: Unforeseen Support

Chapter 4 - The Reject's Heroism: Gilgamesh

11.3K 201 42
By AnastasiusFinch

【♕ ❖✧❖✧❖ ♔】

(Izuku's POV)

When I saw Katsuki's eyes, which were brimming with fear, I ran. I made my way through the crowd of people and heroes and ran towards Katsuki. While I was running, I heard the heroes behind me warning me, yelling at me to stop.

Death Arms: "Idiot! Stop! Stop!"

Izumi: "IZUKU! STOP! YOU'LL GET HURT!"

Izuku: 'Why'd I run out? What am I doing? Why?'

I thought as I kept running through the area that was demolished by the Sludge Villain and by Katsuki's quirk. The area was full of debris and flames as I was making my way over to the Sludge Villain while having a terrified expression on my face. That's when I heard him yell:

Sludge Villain: "Explode and die!"

Izuku: 'What should I do, what should I do!?'

Izuku: '...Page 25!'

I was thinking about what I should do when I remembered some of my notes on my hero analysis book. I took my backpack, spun it around myself, then threw it at the Sludge Villain. I thought that it would make a good distraction. Thankfully, one of the books that fell out of the backpack hit the Villain's eye, which gave Katsuki time to breathe.

Izuku: "Katsuki!"

Katsuki: "Why are you here!?"

Izuku: "I don't know why, my legs moved on their own!"

I think that I had a lot of reasons. I wanted to prove the people who told me to give up on my dream wrong. I wanted to prove to the people who doubted me, and called me a waste of space, that I could actually do something. I wanted to be a hero who smiled, like All Might, just for that moment. But most of all, I wanted to prove to myself that I could do it.

Izuku: "You looked like you were calling for help."

That was my answer to Katsuki's question. I said that to him as I tried to imitate All Might's smile, albeit with tears in my eyes and a shaky voice. I was trying to get Katsuki out of the Sludge Villain's grasp when a hero yelled:

Kamui Woods: "Watch out!"

I immediately turned my head to my right and saw sludge, that looked to be shaped like an arm, heading straight for me. I closed my eyes and awaited the pain, but it never came. I opened them again and saw that the arm had stopped, inches before it had come in contact with my face, by some invisible force. I looked back at the crowd and spotted my sister, Izumi, with her right arm outstretched while she was using her quirk to stop the Villain from hitting me.

Izuku: "I-Izumi!?"

Izumi: "Get out of there Izuku! Now!"

Death Arms: "You will die in vain! It's suicide!"

Sludge Villain: "You damn brat!"

The Sludge Villain screamed as he manifested another arm made of sludge and sent it heading straight towards me. Izumi wouldn't be able to use her quirk on two arms that big at the same time with her distance. The heroes were also too far away to do anything with their quirks.

Izuku: 'I-I'm done for...'

(3rd Person's POV)

Just before Izuku was hit by the Sludge Villain's other arm, a golden streak of light started heading straight for the Sludge Villain's right eye. Upon closer inspection, the streak of light had the shape of an extremely well-made spear. Obviously, the spear had been made by the hands of a master blacksmith.

The Sludge Villain was too distracted by Izuku and Katsuki to notice the spear that was heading straight for him. Before he even knew what happened, the spear had hit its mark and the Sludge Villain died instantly. The spear then kicked up the dust in the area where it had hit the Villain.

Death Arms: "Wh-What happened!?"

Hero: "Let's look for the kids!"

The heroes exclaimed as they made their way through the smoke and debris to find the Villain and the two kids who were involved in the incident. One of the heroes, Kamui Woods, then found Izuku, who was sitting on the ground with wide eyes as he stared at something.

Kamui Woods: "Hey, kid!"

Izuku didn't respond as he kept staring straight ahead. When Kamui Woods followed Izuku's line of sight, he saw a beautiful spear on a pile of debris with small amounts of sludge surrounding the pile of debris it was on. The spear was slowly fading into golden dust.

Izuku 'That spear... It's so beautiful.'

Kamui Woods: 'That spear... It can't be... It was the Vigilante that the police were after! He showed up now!?"

Both Kamui Woods and Izuku soon snapped out of their daze. Kamui Woods then asked Izuku if he was alright. Soon, one of the other heroes found Katsuki and gave him some treatment. The urgency died down when the Heroes confirmed that the Sludge Villain died from the attack.

Everything was going well, the fire was stopped, and there were only minor injuries to the two kids until an idiotic buffoon finally decided to show up.

All Might: "FEAR NOT CITIZENS, I AM HERE! ...EH?"

∆ • ∆ • ∆ • ∆ • ∆

Death Arms: "Good grief, you're too reckless! There was no need to put yourself in danger at all!"

After the incident was resolved, Izuku was scolded by the heroes. However, Katsuki was being commended by them. Some even went as far as to invite him to their agency to become a sidekick once he becomes pro.

Once Izuku was finished being scolded, he got up and grabbed his bag. After he got it, he saw his sister, Izumi slowly walking toward him with her hair covering her eyes. Once she got in front of him, Izuku started speaking.

Izuku: "I-Izumi, I'm sorry for worrying you, but I couldn't just-"

Izuku was cut off by Izumi slapping Izuku's face, hard. Immediately afterward, she hugged him tight. Not letting go as if he would disappear if she did. Izuku was surprised by her actions as she never once laid a finger on him, but he could understand why she did such a thing. He then heard Izumi crying quietly as he patted her head. After a while of crying, Izumi started speaking in a shaky voice.

Izumi: "S-Sorry for hitting you so hard, big brother..."

Izuku:: "It's okay Izumi, I understand why you did it."

Izumi: *whispers* "Wh-Why?"

Izuku: "What?"

Izumi: "WHY THE HELL DID YOU DO THAT!? YOU IDIOTIC BROTHER OF MINE!"

Izumi suddenly shouted at Izuku while grabbing his collar and started shaking him vigorously. Izuku's head was bobbing up and down while trying hard to calm down Izumi. Once Izumi stopped shaking him, Izuku saw a blonde man behind the group of reporters smirking at him.

Izuku: 'Who could that man be?'

∆ • ∆ • ∆ • ∆ • ∆

After the whole Sludge Villain incident, Izuku and Izumi were walking back home in comfortable silence. Izuku was lost in his thoughts thinking about what All Might said to him and about what he did. His train of thought was cut off by someone's yelling.

Katsuki: "Deku!"

Izuku: "Katsuki?"

Izumi: "What do you want now?"

Katsuki: *pant* *pant* *pant* "I never asked you for help!"

Katsuki: "And you didn't help me! Got it?!"

Katsuki said while making a ridiculously funny 'angry face'. While Izuku and Izumi were just looking with blank faces, dumbfounded.

Izumi: 'What the hell's wrong with this guy?'

Katsuki: "I was fine by myself, you're just a Quirkless failure who won't even cut it as a rent-a-cop!"

Katsuki: "You didn't help me! You did nothing!"

Katsuki said as he put his hands in his pockets and started stomping away in a ridiculous manner. While screaming at him:

Katsuki: "You damn nerd!"

Izuku and Izumi were just staring at Katsuki's back with blank expressions as if they didn't even know what to say.

Izumi: 'Did his brain matter get damaged by the Villain or something?'

Izuku: 'What was that?'

Izuku: 'Well, Katsuki is right though, it's not like I actually did something to help today.'

Izuku: 'But.. at least I tried...'

Izuku: 'Guess now I should get back to giving up on my dreams..'

Izuku thought as he hung his head low. Izumi, noticing this, gave Izuku some encouraging words. While walking back to their house, someone called out to Izuku.

Gilgamesh: "Hey green-haired kid."

(A/N: Gilgamesh will act more like Caster Gil because of Artoria. And because who doesn't like him? But he will act like his Archer self if he's pissed.)

When the Yagi twins heard someone calling out to Izuku, they whipped their heads around to see who it was. Izuku's eyes widened when he saw the man, recognizing him as the one who was smirking at him earlier today.

Izuku: 'It's him. It was the man who was smirking at me earlier.'

Izumi: 'Does Izuku know this guy?'

Izumi thought with a confused expression. She looked at Izuku's face and saw that he recognized the man standing before them.

The three of them were currently in an ally with little to no people. After a few seconds of awkward silence, Izuku started speaking.

Izuku: "Yes sir? Is there anything you need?"

Gilgamesh "No, I don't need anything from you. I'd just like to talk to you privately, is all."

Izuku: "Talk to me? About what?"

At this point, Izuku and Izumi were looking at the handsome blonde man suspiciously. Gilgamesh noticed this so he reassured them.

Gilgamesh: "I assure you kids that I have no bad intentions."

Izumi: "How do we know that?"

Gilgamesh: *laughs* "Well, if I did you'd be dead by now."

Izuku and Izumi widened their eyes when they heard Gilgamesh's reply. Izumi started getting in a protective stance in front of her brother.

Gilgamesh: *sighs* "Listen, I truly don't have any ill will towards the two of you"

Gilgamesh: "I'd just like to talk to the green-haired kid about the incident earlier."

Izuku and Izumi looked at him suspiciously for a few seconds, until they sighed and agreed. Izumi went to go out of earshot, but still overlooking both Izuku and Gilgamesh just in case anything happens

Izuku: "S-So, what did you need to talk to me about? Mister...?"

Gilgamesh: "Pendragon. My name is Gilgamesh Pendragon."

Izuku: "Pendragon!? Like Artoria Pendragon!?"

Izuku exclaimed in an excited voice. He thought that Gilgamesh might be the No.3 heroes' relative because of his blonde hair.

Gilgamesh: "Oh, so you've heard of my wife huh? *chuckles* Well, I did hear that she became the No.3 hero in the country."

Gilgamesh: "Although, she never cared for such insignificant things."

Izuku: "YOU'RE HER HUSBAND!?"

Izumi was a bit alerted by the sudden shout but calmed down when she saw it was just Izuku surprised about what the man said.

Gilgamesh: "Well, onto more pressing matters. Firstly, what is your name kid?"

Izuku: "My name is Izuku Yagi."

Gilgamesh: "Next, what's your quirk?"

Izuku: "I... I'm Quirkless Mr. Pendragon"

Gilgamesh: "I see, so that's how it is. Okay, the last question do you want to be a hero?"

Izuku was surprised when Gilgamesh barely showed any reaction to him being Quirkless. He was even more surprised by Gilgamesh's last question.

He was hesitant, remembering All Might's words. Gilgamesh started speaking again while Izuku was still thinking about what to say.

Gilgamesh: "I'm not asking you if you can be a hero. I am asking you if you want to be a hero."

Gilgamesh: "That despite the circumstances, do you still desire to be a hero? A hero that gives his everything to protect the people?"

Gilgamesh: "A hero that stays true to their morals and promises? A hero that will do it, not for the money or fame, but because you desire to help others?"

Gilgamesh: "So I'll ask you again, Izuku Yagi, do you wish to be a hero?"

Izuku: "Yes! Yes, I do!"

Izuku gave an immediate reply with a determined voice. However, he fell to his knees, clutching his chest with tears falling from his cheeks. This alerted Izumi once again and she was just about to start heading over to Izuku, but Gilgamesh signaled her to stop.

Izuku: "But... I'm still a Quirkless loser, I can't become a hero at this rate..."

Gilgamesh kneeled at Izuku's level and put a hand on his shoulder and said in a genuine tone:

Gilgamesh: "Then... what if I told you that you could? That you could become the hero that stands above all!"

Izuku widened his eyes at what Gilgamesh said as he looked at him with tears in his eyes. Izuku then started to cry, while still kneeling on the ground.

After a few minutes of crying, Gilgamesh gave Izuku something, then left. Izuku then got up and started to walk towards Izumi. She asked a few questions about why he was crying and what Gilgamesh gave him. However, Izuku just said they should talk about it at home.

【♕ ❖✧❖✧❖ ♔】

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry if I was a little late in posting this chapter hope you guys forgive me. 😅 Anyways, please vote if you guys like the chapter!

Words: 2095

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70.1K 1.1K 23
Neglected, abused and abandoned this is the life of one Izuku Yagi from the age of 4 when he was deemed quirkless his mother Inko Yagi and her husban...
171K 2.8K 28
Since it's still around let's see my take on the story izuku Yagi lived a normal life. that is till he turned 4 and was diagnosed as quirkless despit...
462K 11.3K 50
Join us as we follow the story of a neglected Izuku Yagi the son of Toshinori Yagi (All Might) and Inko Yagi (Prism) who is the brother of Izumi Yagi...
17.2K 186 7
Izuku Forza was once a Yagi until he was diagnosed as quirkless. Izuku's life became a living nightmare when his family began to neglect and abused h...