The Proposed Marriage

By remixthestory

/BOOK 2 - PROPOSAL SERIES/ -- Starting fresh, starting new is never easy. Not when you leave a major part of... More

❥ Copyright & Characters
❥ Prologue
❥ 1. Hiraeth
❥ 2. Smultronställe
❥ 3. Anam Cara
❥ 4. Hülya
❥ 5. Orenda
❥ 6. Scintilla
❥ 7. Komorebi
❥ 8. Anodyne
❥ 9. Minutiae
❥ 10. Marmoris
❥ 11. Serendipity
❥ 12. Phosphenes
❥ 13. Inchaote
❥ 14. Ramé
❥ 15. Immure
❥ 16. Dormiveglia
❥ 17. Puissance
❥ 18. Haimish
❥ 19. Flōrentis
❥ 20. Asawa
❥ 21. Brontide
❥ 22. Morii
❥ 23. luftmensch
❥ 24. Aporia
❥ 25. Frore
❥ 26. Parastin
❥ 27. Moed
❥ 28. Procellous
❥ 29. Hellion
❥ 30. Toska
❥ 31. Tacenda
❥ 32. Oneirodynia
❥ 33. Souris
❥ 34. Attrahent
❥ 35. Lucesco
❥ 36. Kalon
❥ 37. Boketto
❥ 39. Mizpaho
❥ 40. Rakuyou
❥ 41. Neomemenia
❥ 42. Ominous
❥ 43. Verticordious
❥ 44. Elide
❥ 45. Zemblanity
❥ 46. Hävitys
❥ 47. Dolent
❥ 48.Còsagach
❥ 49. Ukiyo
❥ 50. Sayonee
❥ 51. Juggernaut
❥ 52. Affrap
❥ 53. Kärsiä
❥ 54. Crudêl
❥ 54. Cruor
❥ 55. Brumous
❥ Epilogue

❥ 38. Tyyneys

2.5K 181 19
By remixthestory

Tyyneys (Noun)

(of a person) the state of peacefulness; absent of worry or fear; being composed and at ease.

♡♡

You’re a selfish man Veer. Nothing else could define you better.

Right. Nothing should define him better.

He is selfish.

He is ruthless.

He is a manipulative bastard who takes what he wants.

He is everything to the world, everything single word in a dictionary which means all of these. He is.

But only to the world, where he portrays these to them. He makes efforts for the role he took. Going to the lengths of proving how much of a bastard he is. For them to fear him, for them to submit infront and not fight back. He did it all but to them.
Not for her.

He tried not to be this, not to be any of these but the real him. Not the man who moderates meetings behind the screen, or the one who has a powerful name but no face to it, or the one who plays people and achieves his goals, or the one who seemed reckless in his business acquisitions and did not have the word ‘Care’ in his life.

None of them but the man who loves exploring places, who likes to tease and crack funny innuendos, who surf’s places looking for perfect spots and cherish them with only people important to him away from the bustle of crowd. One who preserves what he has, keeping secure gaze on and not worried about the world.
He feels like tearing the world apart when even a little wince leaves her, his veins burn with rage to make the person responsible pay for hurting his Ira. Her little smiles make his day and her laughter, well they make his entire life. Her nightmare leaves an unsettling pit in him and her little happiness make him forget his worries.

He was uncaring and unbothered about her but now he can’t be. Imagining his place without her make him wish to never be there. His mornings are incomplete without her tea and his life seems like a boring, not ending opera where he would give all his fortune to be NOT present.

She is like those unexplored, uncrowded places he is always curious to look out for. Agreeing or not she was his comfort place.

“That is your fifth drink Mr. Malik” A low voice reminded him. His eyes found the person.

Glaring he tilted his head to side and his secretary murmured an apology. Dropping his almost finished whiskey, he straightened on his seat chair.

“Here is the dinner schedule for you sir. Our senior advisor Mr. Vaner will be meeting you at….”

He raised his finger when his phone ringed. He didn’t wanted to see her name again but then he felt good Everytime she tried reaching him, dropping texts or voicemails whenever he diverted her calls. He still didn’t wanted to speak to her, even when she tried calling him without fail for last two days.

Eyes darting to the screen, he read the name and a pang of disappointed hit him. This time it wasn’t the name he wished for.

He touched the phone screen and Zara took the cue to leave. He was still to give her his words. His gestures did the talking with the girl.

“Bhai!” A voice exclaimed.

RV leaned back at his seat, loosing his cuffs and rolling his sleeves down. “Hey little Mimi”

“Bhai” she whined in protest “Can you not call me that? I’m 22 for god’s sake. It was all in childhood”

“You sure you’re 22?” he teased “You act like a 1 year old. Jumping and squealing”

“Shut up” she mumbled.

“Excuse me” RV shot “You talk with respect or you don’t Mira”

Sorry. Sorry I didn’t mean to say. I just said it” She whispered sadly. RV kept mum, enjoying her misery and silently laughing at her whines “Bhai I said sorry”

“Yeah I can hear just fine.” He smiled mischievously “So what is it Mira Malik? Why bother me when you know I fund your pocket money every week”

“I don’t need them anymore.” She said bashfully “If you kept a check on me, I earn well for myself. I’m a trained pilot now Big brother”

He hummed “I have heard them all Love, and I’m so proud of you” he paused hearing her smile through her Thank you “So what is today’s agenda?”

“Mum” She giggled “The lady in control wants you at estate for dinner at sharp 7. You can’t back out not when I invite you”

“I can” he sassed “whenever I wish to”

“Not on my dinner invite RV”

The voice made him sit straight, lips clamped shut.

“When were you telling me it’s on speaker ?” He gritted hearing the traitor giggling.

“I did nothing Mr. Malik” she mimicked a fearing voice “Don’t fire me. I beg you”

He rolled his eyes. “You’ll pay for this Mimi” he threatened.

“Mum! Listen what he’s saying” She screeched.

“Grow up Mira”

RV snickered.

“Okay you too! Got it that I’m the youngest in the family so you people keep suppressing me. Just wait till Ben announces a baby and I’m no longer the youngest. I’ll get you all then” she ranted. 

“Ben is planning baby?” he asked. The intoxication draining out of his system from the conversation.

“That I don’t know bug he is getting married first so you know marriage happens and babies follow”

Marriage was the only word he processed, eyes darting to his right hand, third finger where the gold band rested. He was yet to tell his family about the change in his life. He wants it or not, he is married.

He has to tell them about Mahira now when he decided to give things a chance. She was important to him, whether she believes it or not.

“Bhai?!” she called him and his eyes flickered back up.

He hummed faking interest. “Yeah. Mimi…I have to go. I’ll meet you at dinner”

“Mom! Task accomplished. He is coming” she declared.

He ignored the ear piercing victory scream from her and hung up. Staring the wooden desk, he traced the edges and then the ring on him, feeling the coldness of metal. It was almost 3 in afternoon.

She must be sleeping.

He sighed, scrolling through the voice mail she left past two days. A total of 4. He was yet to hear them.

He dialed the phone to his secretary, ringing her up. He leaned back, the liquid long forgotten.

He heard the heels click in and the figure walking in, his eyes watching her from peripheral view.

“Reschedule 8 pm”

Her head snapped so quick, the files dropped from her hold and his ever sophisticated secretary looked baffled.

This was the first time he used words to her. Zara was an efficient employee to him who managed all of his schedule without him saying a word to her. He didn’t go to any such meetings, Danish was his face and it was easier to manage via him.

She quickly gathered her things, nervously wiping or smoothening her skirt.

He cocked a brow waiting for her to acknowledge.

“O…sure…sir” she cleared her, her cheeks flushing but he didn’t pay more than a second to her.

The color was attractive on Mahira and his brain have started flashing her image. He blinked hard, gritting his teeth. He gave her a quick nod and booted his device. Eyes not straying away from his screen.

She cleared her throat again and gave him an assertive nod, this more firm and believable.

He stole a glance as soon as the door was shut behind her. Checking his phone again one last time before fixing his fingers, readying them to type and brain to work on codes, his first mates.

Sipping from the plastic bottle, he made the way towards the residence of his Uncle and Aunt. The Victorian styled mansion stood tall in the middle of homes in the locality. It bright lilac color with gray was eye-catching.

He parked behind a Tesla and gulped whole of the bottle to erase any inch of liquor he too hours before. He can never face his family with liquid. He checked his face in rear-view mirror, Blinking eyes to look normal and hairs a little messed but his usual.

Dr. Stacy Martin was too sharp and Mr. Rohit Malik was the man he respected in the world of law. The reason for his strong iron clad plans and dealings were somewhere all his teachings.

He stepped out and towards the porch to make out all the voices from inside. He rolled his eyes at all of there excited yells. He still didn’t know why his family acted so happy and chill when they knew how stressed and busy they all were. The faked understanding. His father the most. The man seemed to faking all his happiness  as well in dinners like these when he was all alone and lonely in that house he liked living in.

“Raj” his Uncle welcomed him inside, a big smile on his face as he slapped his back and took him towards the crowd.

Ben and Mira arguing over any lame topic, his Chi instructing her cook from the hall, his father talking to Mabel, Ben’s girlfriend.

“Hey minions” he said flicking Mira back on her head.

Eyes wide, lips grinning and hands flying she came running to him. He enveloped her but she choked him with all her excitement.

“You invited to choke me?” he crocked in pain, earning a scoff from Mira who stood straight, parting away from him.

“You wanted me to stay here and wait for you. Now you see me and you don’t even look happy” she complaint.

“Chi, she can read people without studying about the subject. You must be so proud” he mocked.

“Dad” she stomped.

“Rajveer Malik you don’t mock my baby under my watch” Rohit said with narrowed eyes, amusement twinkling in his black orbs “Let me look away and do it then”

“Dad” Mira gaped as Ben burst out laughing and RV bit back his grin. Rohit smirked as she blinked and looked towards her mother who turned to talk to cook, ignoring her. “I’m not staying here anymore. You all are so ..so…”

“Amazing?” Ben piped and RV chuckled, as the former took him a bro hug.

“No one loves me. RM look at them teaming up against me” she turned towards her last resort, Raghav who looked between them. His lips stretched in grin.

“Hey you two! Go and do something else. Don’t tease my Princess” he chastised, getting up from his seat and walking towards the group.

“Hey Dad” RV muttered, hugging his father, feeling his spirits being lift up and the old man seemed to be smiling more brightly. “How are you doing?”

“He don’t do care, see” Stacy commented, Raghav smiled shaking his head playfully.

RV smiled bashfully. “Hello Chi”

“India seems to be treating you good” she assessed him. Nodding after her inspection.

“Change is suiting me” he shrugged, stepping forward and taking her in a hug. “How are you?”

“Like you left me, a little more busy because certain people are giving me a hard time” she threw a pointed look towards  Ben and then Mira who started pouting. “But I love having my babies near so yeah, I’m great”

He chuckled at the faces the duo made. He nodded towards Mabel, and went on to grab Mira’s arm who stared towards the bar. He pulled her towards the seating area when a screech made him jump.

“Holy shit”

It was Mira, looking horrified at something, he took few breaths to calm his racing heart. It was so loud that he would have got an heart attack at very second. This girl could be very loud.

“What the…” his eyes followed her stare and took in the reason she screamed.

“What the fuck Bhai?” Mira screeched looking up towards him.

“Language” Rohit snapped.

“Dad but he is wearing a ring” she said, taking his right hand showing it to everyone. “Just see. Please tell me it’s not a wedding band”

His heart seemed to stop at her showing off his secret. “Mimi…i..” He was cut off.

“Son what is this? You’re…. married?” Raghav asked in disbelief.

“Oh my god! You got married? Mom he got married” Mira exclaimed
Stacy stared at him. His eyes darted all over.

“Just tell me Bhai” Mira’s voice made him look at her.

He sighed, nodding. “Yeah. It’s a wedding band”

Multiple gasps were heard and he rolled his eyes at the dramatics.

“Bhai, What about me?” She asked, adding to her words in a duh tone as he frowned “I wanted to witness your marriage. I wanted to catch the bridal bouquet so I can find my love. Why did you have to get married without me?”

“Mira, It was all a private ceremony. A Indian wedding”

“ You married in Indian traditions?” Raghav asked hopefully and got a a nod in return.

“She’s from Mumbai. Mahira”
“How long?” Stacy asked in a low tone.

He shifted on his place “Not much just few m…weeks” he quickly corrected himself.

“How many months Raj?” Rohit caught up.

“Not many…” he gave in to the glare “2 months”

“I’m coming with you” Mira announced “I wanted to see her myself so I’m going to India”

“And what about your job?” Rohit raised a brow.

Mira faltered, “Job” she gulped.
RV narrowed his eyes, “What about the job Mira?”

The tables were turned quick, he hid his smirk.

“That…I you know the French company I was training with…they didn’t…I” she trailed.

“Are you jobless Mira Malik?” Stacy glared.

“Jeez mom. That sounds nasty” Mira scrunched her face.

“Mira” she probed threateningly.

“I didn’t took the job. It wasn’t my dream one. I wanted to explore the field” she said sheepishly.

Stacy shook her head, disappointment clear in her stance, eyes narrowed in anger “You both were hiding so much from us. You Maliks. What more are you people hiding from me?”

“Actually I’m leaving for Berkeley’s tomorrow. I have a lecture to take there” Rohit rubbed his nape and Stacy glared him.

“I missed my last appointment with Dr. Marco. He’s yet to schedule next one” Raghav smiled sheepishly.

Stacy exhaled dangerous “You are left Ben. Tell me you propose Mabel or she’s pregnant and you’re hiding it from us?”

“Well mom…” he looked towards Mabel who seemed to be read because of something “We’re pregnant”

“Oh god” Stacy stumbled on her seat, palms rubbing her face.

“Mom we decided to tell once after the dinner but you see how things unfolded” he said guiltily. “I’m sorry”

“I’m sorry too Mom. The company wasn’t good. I didn’t like it there so I thought I’ll take up some other one.” Mira kneeled near her. “And then I decided to come back home and you told me Bhai is out there in a foreign country cracking deals and he won’t be able to see me so I decided to take a long vacation here till he comes up but see he came back hitched and made you all sad…."

“Oyee!” RV yanked her down, making her yelp at the pull “Stop adding fuel against me.” He gritted, turning to look at Stacy who stared at him in despair “Chi  I wanted to tell you just everything happened so quick…”

“Its like they started dating a week, fell in love the another and got married the next.”

RV snapped towards her, eyes glaring. He blinked and they came back to normal, smacking Mira’s head he rebuked her “Shut up Mimi”

“Is she the one you called me about? RV you said…”

RV shook his head, telling her not to speak. She got the message loud and clear.

“...You three hide so much from me” Stacy said, correcting her words quickly.

“Sorry mumma. I’ll…. We’ll never do it again” Mira said nudging Ben and RV to join her. They both nodded immediately.

Stacy looked between them, eyes critically scrutinizing their faces.

“Apology accepted” She stated “I’m going to a grandmother” she said smiling.

“Yes, and me a grandfather. I’m excited” Rohit grinned. “Congratulations children”

Stacy took Mabel in a hug, Rohit hugged Ben. RV slapped his back and grinning towards Mabel. He stepped back as the ladies gushed near the Mother-to-be.

His phone vibrated in his pocket and he fished it out walking away from the crowd, he sauntered towards the backyard, crossing the kitchen, passing a nod to cook.

Dove 🕊️

Lips turning into a smirk, he decided to answer her. Hide-and-seek game was done for from his side, now he’ll have to get her to change her words, flip them all to his liking. She called him selfish, now he can be a little selfish for himself too. Though he is but now he wants to keep Mahira Bose with him for a very long-long time and he aims to win her all.

She wants to see the real him, he’ll show her his real self. She might fear him all but then it’s only him she’ll fear. Not just fear, She’ll feel every emotion for him only.

Nothing else in the world.

He blinked in determination, a slow smile drawing on his face before hitting the green tab.

“Good morning Dove” he greeted charmingly.

“Veer” a breathless, surprised voice greeted him. “You picked up”

“I did. I’m done being aloof to you. Not anymore” he admitted. “Ready to start your day?”

“Yeah. I’m just working from home.” She mumbled.

“Why? It’s Wednesday you have office. ” he asked and waited for her to form a response.

“I...need some rest” she was lying.

“Good that you’re home. I want you to do something” He smiled. She hummed questioningly “Shift in my room. We’ll be needing the guestroom.” He instructed.

“Shift?” she whispered “Why?”

“Do it Ira. I’ll see you in two days” he said.

“Veer but I….”

“Ira, one of the room is used for my home office, other is a dump for all unused things which in no means can be cleared in a day. You can’t pull it even with all the super-human powers you think you have so that leaves only one.” He explained.

She sighed “You really prepared a monologue”

RV chuckled “I did not”

“Yeah yeah! I believe you” she said mocking, a smile could be heard. “Veer”  she called seriously “About that day, I’m s….”

“I got to go. I’ll call you later” he quickly interrupted and hung up leaving her words in mid air.

“No apologies anymore Ira. I’ve heard them enough to last a lifetime. Now I’ll turn things my way.” His smile was long gone, now just his signature smirk.

The Malik Fam. Did you like them?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.3K 819 16
First book in Her series ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Was I raised without love? Or was I born unloveable? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Noor...
90.5K 5.4K 46
BOOK 1 - YOUR SERIES . The one who was rude, arrogant, cold hearted used to melt when he was around the love of his life, vachi. Everyone knew about...
238K 17.1K 48
"Why the hell did you kidnap me? I will never marry your shameless cousin. You asshole! What made yo.." I was cut off by the finger on my lips by my...
477K 31.2K 70
#1st Book in 'Tangled Series.' Revenge and Love, I was tangled between both of these. Once I loved but that love took everything from me, it destroy...