Cyborg (Loki fanfic) - on hia...

By just-tissue

*DISCLAIMER* This fic is old, (by my standards) like REALLY old, so if you're reading this, a big fat 'thank... More

Purple space grape (chapter 1)
Cuffs (chapter 2)
They know (chapter 3)
tesseract blue (chapter 4)
Stone (chapter 5)
Magic book (chapter 6)
void (chapter 7)
Sanctuary *part 1* (Chapter 8)
Sanctuary *part 2* (chapter 9)
Sanctuary *part 3* (chapter 10)
Sanctuary *part 4* (chapter 11)
Sanctuary *part 5* (chapter 12)
Sanctuary *Part 6* (Chapter 13)
Sanctuary *Part 7* (chapter 14)
Sanctuary *Part 8* (Chapter 15)
Sanctuary *part 9* (chapter 16)
Sanctuary *part 10* (Chapter 17)
Sanctuary *wow this is getting long* (chapter 18)
Sanctuary *Whatever part we're at by this point* (Chapter 19)
A Magical Apprentice/1k special (Chapter 20)
Parallels (Chapter 21)
Please!? (Chapter 22)
You left it!? (Chapter 23)
Mind Stone (Chapter 24)
Welp, that's great! (Chapter 25)
Lessons with mama spider (Chapter 26)
Yelena Belova (Chapter 27) *2k SpEciAl!*
An Arcane Varlet (Chapter 29) (AKA, it has been a fricKing long time.)
Notebook with names (Chapter 30)
I'm not an apologist, I'm a realist. (Chapter 31)
Announcement

Fever dream (Chapter 28) *A ฿ł₮ overdue Christmas and 3K special*

240 9 302
By just-tissue

Pic comments (plus video, it's hilarious! Plus the 'bye Josh!')

Warnings; Panic attacks, mentions of mental health, depression, etc. near the end, mind-control angst, mentions of suicide, so suicide and self harm trigger warnings, yeah.

Also, I am REALLY sorry I didn't upload in like... 3 weeks. That was mostly just procrastinating and writer's block, so REALLY sorry about the guys!

30Oo ReaDs PeoPlE!!! 🌟🌟✨✨ (And not even 1 chapter in between the 2k special XD)

He groaned. Was he awake? Was he even alive? Wait- no, that was a stupid question to ask, if he was thinking then he was awake and alive, probably. He opened his eyes, only to look around the room, everything was clear, almost intensive so. Everything from the dull gray ceiling of the infirmary to the discarded heart rate monitor on his right was apparent. He felt oddly refreshed, his head felt lighter and as if he could think for himself. A surprise wave of euphoria washed over him, making him feel happier than he had been in a long time. When was the last time he had truly felt happy? He pondered to himself, the thought was sudden, and he didn't know how to answer. Perhaps when I and Thor were children? Maybe? He retorted. But, I was happy before Thor's coronation, was I not?

He chose not to ponder on that train of thought. The memories of his... brother? Not-Brother? He wasn't sure what to call him, perhaps simply Thor now. Half of him foolishly hopefully believed that deep down Thor still cared about him, another part of him was stuck in the horrible notion that Thor was still mad at him for attempting to kill him, while yes he did attempt to kill him multiple times before, the times he had were never to willingly cause harm. But he had actually wholeheartedly attempted to, and yet another part was simply full of bitter rage at Thor for throwing him off into the abyss- wait, hadn't he let go? Yes, he had let go. He had let go, Thor hadn't thrown him off, he had let go. Right? Right. He left that thought to stay for a bit. He had let go. Why had he let go? Since Odin couldn't bear to look at the monster he created anymore, and left him to be discarded? Maybe he and Hela did have something in common after all. He tried to think back to that day, or about Thor's coronation in general, but the memories were... blocked. Almost as if there was a haze blocking that part of his thoughts, they simply went blank at any mention of the coronation. Maybe he could ask Cassidy about that? She had a mind stone in her apartment- well, quite a few mind stones and infinity stones actually and relics.

He then cursed himself for his stupidity, he had the mind stone now, right? He remembered . . . yellow. A haze of yellow, bright yellow. Almost like Thor's blinding smiles. Almost. Thor's smiles blinded anyone within a 5-meter radius. The light of the stone, on the other hand, was a blinding sunny yellow. Speaking of the stone, hadn't a piece of it... come off? Did it stab him? Was this Valhalla? Was he even alive? Was he dead? Wait- no, he was alive, he was breathing, right? He paused for a moment, was he breathing? He felt the air around him, but he couldn't take it in, almost as if someone had placed a piece of cloth on his mouth and was slowly suffocating him. Just like the void. He hadn't realized that he'd started hyperventilating, and was desperately clawing at his throat, anything to get away from the horrid abyss. "P- Please." He mumbled, stumbling over his words at the lack of air. Please, just let me die, let me go. He thought, his subconscious ideas taking a sudden pessimistic turn. Please.

His mind went foggy, all remnants of the infirmary dissipating into a grey haze. A voice spoke up from the gloom. "You know we can't do that, Laufeyson." The voice said, the same eerie one from earlier in his dream- was it a dream? A fever dream, even? He wasn't sure. The voice droned on. "We still need you, and we'll make sure we get our prize when we find you Laufeyson." Was this even real? He wasn't certain of that either. That final word, Laufeyson echoed through the haze before his mind left, and the suffocation along with it.

=*=

He gasped awake, taking a deep breath. He was alive, he was alive. He was alive? He groaned as a headache pulsed in his head, whatever feeling of calm that had happened in the... dream? Sure, a dream, a very vivid dream, a fever dream, he'll call it that. Whatever feeling of calm had evaporated into reality. Where the other world in his mind had been too favourable, this one was real, and painstakingly so. The light that stabbed into his eyes, the ache in his side, and the soreness in every part of his body were agony. But, it was real. He heard a deafening crash from... somewhere on his right, and a tingle of magical awareness brushed his senses. A sudden voice interrupted his thoughts, only this one was high-pitched and sounded anxious. "Loki!" The voice said. Said voice, he realized was Cassidy. He only groaned in response. Each word she was saying felt like they were being said through a speaker and directly into his ears, not at all helping his migraine.

"Loki! Are you ok!?" She screeched again. Cassidy, just please, please please be quiet. He thought agitatedly to himself, he only managed another verbal, jumbled groan. "Oh, um, uh... do you want me to be quieter?" She asked, lowering her voice to a near-whisper at the end. "Mhm." Was his only response, he was quite content with that suggestion. He was too exhausted to give a proper rhetorical answer. He was oddly tired, but that thankfully only meant that it was real- Cassidy was real, and so was the pain. He realized that pain was the singular matter he could use to differentiate fantasy from fiction. Pain was advantageous.

If someone, or something, he shivered at the thought, ever did seize control of his mind again they could easily make life-like copies or hallucinations of Cassidy, Thor, Frigga, Samantha, Reggie, pretty much anyone he knows and cares for. Or maybe, just maybe, the person who controlled his thoughts could make him hurt them. And he could not under any circumstance, let that happen. Never. While he wholeheartedly agreed that Cassidy could physically, and or mentally for that matter, hurt him, he knew that she probably wouldn't. So if a time came and they had to duel, she probably would lose unfortunately, she was too charitable, and that might get her killed.

It was the reason why he had been so hesitant to even interact with the drat stone. If he did somehow accidentally, or purposely, in this case, get Wanda's powers, and he had to fight any of his allies, and very few friends, then it would probably end up in a casualty. He, personally in the present moment, had no quarrels when faced with the suggestion of his death, in fact, he even would have accepted it perchance. He was; Currently, on the run from The mad titan, one of the most, if not the most feared being in the very near future, and the fact that Loki knows that the grape would have been been the cause of his death certainly wasn't earning him any extra points.

He's not wanted in any of the realms, and he'd be an absolute fool to even attempt to go to another area in between the realms. Speaking of the realms, though, maybe he could stay in Vanaheim, but that was a big maybe. While yes, he did still have Sigyn, it's been around a few hundred years since he last saw her, seeing as he had spent most of his time in childhood with Cassidy. Perhaps if she hadn't been there, he would have had a friendship with Sigyn, or maybe he would have even married her as the mortals had conjectured. But, that was all in the past, which was inalienable, at least for now. "Uh... Loki. Are you asleep?" Cassidy said softly.

"I was going to go to sleep, but I'm awake now." He replied as he sighed, and opened his eyes, and turned his head slowly to face Cassidy. She frowned slightly as she saw him wince a bit as he shifted his gaze to meet hers. "Are you sure you're ok?" She asked. "Yep," He paused, closing his eyes." fine, perfectly fine-" Cassidy cut him off. "Then why did my nightmare pre- prevention? is that the right word?" "Yes, that is the right word," Loki replied. Cassidy smiled. "Thank you, human- or alien I guess- dictionary, and thesaurus." Loki frowned. "What's a dictionary?" Cassidy sighed.

"You're like, the master of talking but you don't know what a dictionary is?" Loki paused. "Or a thesaurus," He added. "Don't you guys have a... what's it called again? A glossary or a reference at the start of a book?" Loki thought for a moment, then replied. "You mean a Vėœptr?" (I made that up, but just assume it's the Asgardian word for glossary. Pronunciation; Viop-t-r) "Yeah, that!" Cassidy exclaimed. "But imagine something like that but for words and finding better words for stuff." Loki nodded. "Seems useful." "Yep, they are, but anyway, back to you." Loki sighed.

"I felt my spell break. What happened?" Cassidy asked, her voice suddenly critical. "I..." He trailed off. He realized he didn't even know what had happened. All he remembered was the cold voice, chilling him to his core. The word came to mind again; Laufeyson. He forced himself to say something, instead of gaping at nothing like a senseless fífl. "I don't know. All I remember was waking up, and then... falling into a grey abyss, and... choking. Like dying, but worse. It was like I was dying, but I knew at that moment that no one would come and help me, that from the moment I was completely alone."

Cassidy frowned; "That- to be honest, would be a really good quote about a lot of things to summarize our crappy existence, but you said you felt like you were... choking?" Cassidy asked, her voice oddly strained. Loki sighed. "Choking." He replied, then debated adding whether or not to mention the voice at all, he decided on the negative, before he could continue, Cassidy cut in; "And nothing else? Nothing at all?" "Nothing, absolutely nothing." He replied, feeling like all his facades, masks and lying had all been brought up to this moment.

Cassidy frowned. "You're lying." His finger twitched. "No I'm not." He replied smoothly. Cassidy sighed. "Yes, you are Loki. You can tell me what it is, I promise I won't tell anyone, ok?" He kept his composure. "I assure you, I'm not lying Cassidy, truly." Her face remained blank. "Ok, look. Loki. Just tell me, or else I'll do it." He paled. "You wouldn't dare." He retorted. "I would, if it's genuinely bothering you this much." She returned, her voice oddly clinical. A sudden surge of anger rushed through him, and he managed to keep his voice level. "And why do you want to know, Cassidy?" A voice spoke up the same voice from before, cold and sending shivers down his spine, its voice wispy and tinged with echo; Perhaps she is greedy for knowledge? "Is it because you can't stand to not know something?" Maybe she wants you out of the way to her path of glory? "Or is it because you want to let whatever is out there looking for me to come and finish the job? Is that why Cassidy? Hm?" Cassidy paled. "I- Loki, please listen to me, you're not yourself. Just listen, please." The voice in his mind vanished abruptly, and the anger along with it. He swayed slightly on his feet. When had he stood up? "Loki?" Cassidy said, wait, Cassidy? Oh right- she was still here.

He let Cassidy drag him back to the cot, he didn't protest when she forced him to sit down. He figured it would probably be a better option by this point to tell her about the disembodied voice living in his head. "Loki?" She repeated. "What happened?" He sighed. "Well, if you know, there's been a recent... incident that I suppose you should be aware of." Cassidy frowned. "And that is?" He swallowed. "There's been this... voice that I've been hearing lately." Cassidy paled. "A voice? Do you mean like a 'Frozen 2' voice or a 'I'm coming to kill you, Georgie' voice? Who was it? What did it sound like? What did the person say?" Loki swallowed at the rush of questions, picked his words carefully, then replied. "Yes, a voice, but it was different than both of those, more like the last one, though. I'm not sure who it was, but it sounded ominous. Almost even like... Him." Cassidy didn't question who he was talking about, "What did the voice say?" She asked.

He swallowed again, his throat abruptly dry once again. "The person said something about, needing to find me." Cassidy paused. "Did the voice say anything else?" He debated internally for a few milliseconds, deciding whether or not to tell her about the fact that the person knew of his identity as not only a Frost Giant but as Laufey's son as well. He chose the safer route, and to mention that later. "He's also... saying things in my head, it's worse than my time with Him. When He was in my head, he made me do everything without a second thought, but with this, he says everything he's going to do. It's like he's going to tell me what I'm going to do before I kill my friends, It's awful and I just- I just want it to stop, Cassidy. I want everything to stop." He took a deep breath and paused.

Cassidy stayed silent, mostly likely pondering over everything he'd just said. There's no better than the present. "Also," He paused and took in a shaky breath.  "He called me-" He paused a bit at the name, not entirely sure if he was even capable of saying it in the first place, much less to describe himself. Monster, Savage, the bane of all the realms- he cut off that train of thought. "Laufeyson." He said. His voice didn't have a hint of a tremor, which was pretty impressive by his standards of his current state, physically and mentally. Cassidy, on the other hand, turned white as a sheet.

"Oh frick. Ok, now Loki... " She trailed off, seemingly at a loss for words. She swallowed and took a deep breath before regaining her composure. "Ok, look Loki, I need you to listen to me, even if you're tired right now, and look and probably feel half-dead, but I need you to please, please, please listen to me. Ok? Can you do that for me?" He sighed as he opened his eyes again, no doubt he looked like a walking corpse by this point. "Ok, Loki. Now, who did you tell- or who knows about the fact that you're a... Jotun?" She seemed almost hesitant to say the word out loud, but her tone didn't indicate fear of the word or even repulsion at the meaning, more like doubt to even mention it for his sake.

He felt a warm flower of hope grow, blossom and spread through his chest at the thought. He pushed the feeling down, killing the unexpected sensation, but it only returned. She genuinely cared for his wellbeing, and not so she could get an advantage out of him in the end, solely for the fact that she wanted to be his friend. Even after all the years, they'd been friends when a situation arose when she had a better advantage, could have abandoned him, stabbed him in the back, even literary sometimes, double-crossed, tricked him, or even killed him, yet she never took that opportunity. And whenever he was injured during a battle- or injured by himself on occasion- Cassidy was there in the infirmary wing the entire time, accompanied by Frigga, or rarely, Thor. The only times she had left his side when he was ill was when he had insisted she leave, either to go see the light of day for once instead of sitting beside Loki's bedside in the gloomy infirmary the entire day, to eat something in the feasting hall- or as Cassidy called it- the Mess Hall, or to go sleep in her own room instead of lying in the uncomfortable chair that was arranged by his cot. Even then, she always left him with a monitoring spell and a warning to not get into more trouble.

He forced himself out of his blissfully innocent, innocuous memories of his life in the past, but it was just that, a memoir, a recollection of a past event. Something that happened before the present and was gone, it's done. It's finished. He swallowed coming back to reality. What was the question again? Oh right- who did he tell, or who knew about his... authentic lineage. As far as he knew, his... adopted family was aware, probably all of them, Thor included, Hela was a different account to he'd address later. He knew Cassidy, Samantha, and Reggie were most likely aware of the fact. The Avengers had a fairly high chance of knowing as well, other than that, he hadn't told anyone else, unless Odin had decided to have been feeling especially cruel since his Fall and had told the rest of the council, perhaps even the Asgardian citizens.

"I haven't told anyone else, but I suspect that Thor might be aware. The only people who I can confirm that do know are you, Reggie, Samantha, my mother, Him, the kronidiot we don't mention, and most likely the Avengers by this point considering that they saw my memories and probably know of my true heritage." Cassidy nodded, but her lips pressed into a line. "And you didn't tell anyone else?" Cassidy asked. "No one else." He replied, which was true unless he had a chunk of his memory missing, which he'd prefer not to think about. "I haven't told anyone else except the people I just mentioned about my ancestry." He repeated, mostly to make himself believe the words.

Cassidy hummed. "Do you know what that means?" Cassidy asked. Loki thought for a moment. His brain, for some reason, was working incredibly tediously. "That someone else must have figured out?" He asked after a moment. "Exactly. And how could they have figured out I you didn't tell them?" She continued. Loki paused again before replying; "Someone could have told them." "Or..." Cassidy added. He paused for a moment before the realization struck him. "Or someone else who already knew before is coming here." "Yeah, but how would someone know if you didn't tell them, and I'm pretty sure that none of those people that you just listed want to hurt you. Well except for the All-Bastard and space grape, but they can't talk to you telepathically right now, so it's probably someone from another universe who knows and is coming here. So we have a secret villain on our hands now, so that's great. Plus, we have an actual villain that we do know exists, 2 actually, space grape and All-Idiot," Loki smiled tiredly at the nickname. "so we'll have to deal with those, and then we all get our temporary happily ever after," Cassidy said, sounding not as worried as before.

She continued; "So, as soon as your recover, then we'll go and find out who- or what wants to come and-" Cassidy started, but Loki cut her off. "Wait- what do you 'mean when I recover'? Wouldn't the fate of the universe- maybe even the Omniverse- and if not that, then the quadrillions of lives that exist in the omniverse be more important than my current recovery?" Cassidy sighed for the umpteenth time. "Look Loki, I may have to save the universe- even the Omniverse once in a while- but you're my friend, and I always put friends and family first. That was the problem with Odin in the first place, he put his kingdom first. And while yeah, ruling-wise, he was an ok king, he was remarkably horrible at being a father and a husband."

When Loki still didn't seem convinced that his alive-or-dead status wasn't worth her sticking around, she sighed then continued; "Look Loki, I know you're in probably one of the lowest points in your life right now, maybe even the lowest, but I'm here to help, and don't forget it, I'll even make a Harry Potter reference for you to remember that." Loki smiled slightly at that. "I'll always be here if you need me. Always," Loki smiled at the reference before answering; "It's truly a sweet sentiment, but I- I don't deserve to have you, or Samantha, or Reggie, or Mother or even Thor occasionally when he does help me, by my side every time I screw up."

Cassidy smiled, a soft grin spreading across her face. "That's where you're wrong buddy, you've got it all backwards. I personally, don't think that we deserve you." That promoted a small bark of probably slightly insane-sounding laughter to escape his lips. Why in the nine realms would he be worth... anything? He had been a freak- monster, fiend, woe of existence itself, bringer of misery, the cause of countless deaths- his entire life, and that wasn't going to change simply because Cassidy said so. Friend or not, she couldn't change his deteriorating sanity, or the trauma he endured even before the void. She couldn't fix that, not unlike how a terminally ill patient can't become able-bodied again, now matter how hard the physician tries, it was all up to fate. He breathed shakily. "W- why?"

Cassidy only looked confused. "Why what?" Loki swallowed again, a surge of anger dimmed his emotions once again; "Why are you being nice to me? We've only been friends for what- a few thousand years- and now you're coddling me like a child?!" He knew the words were harsh the moment he spat them out, but his head was aching, and he just wanted to say something to someone. Venting, was that Cassidy had called it? Cassidy sighed. "Well I'm sorry," She replied, sounding genuinely sincere. His anger didn't shift. "I was only trying to help." His anger wavered. Cassidy swallowed. "But could you at least go see everyone else? They've been worried sick, well, everyone except Tony, you know how he is." His anger disappeared completely, almost as if it hadn't been there at all.

"Well, Stark is as about as annoying as an insufferable adult man-child, so I could believe that he didn't care." He muttered, Cassidy must have heard because she burst out laughing. The door to the infirmary precipitously swung open, revealing Samantha and Reggie in the middle of the doorway, with everyone else clustered together behind them. "Loki?" Reggie asked, Samantha signed the same word. "Loki! I'm genuinely hurt! I should kick you out of the Tower for that." Tony screeched from the back of the group. "Even if you would, Stank, I could just erase your memory and he'll still live here." Cassidy retorted. Natasha raised an eyebrow the the nickname, while Yelena, Clint, and Thor burst out laughing. Steve and Cassidy chuckled a bit, Bruce allowed himself a a small smile, and Loki, Reggie and Samantha beamed.

[That joke will never get old.] Samantha signed while smiling. [It never will.] Cassidy signed back. [It doesn't age in the first place.] Reggie signed while grinning. The rest of the Avengers finally noticed that the group had started another conversation. Thor frowned. "What is it that you are doing with your hands?" Cassidy turned to him. "All-speak doesn't translate sign language?" Loki spoke up. "It doesn't." Cassidy frowned. "So you learned it yourself?" Loki nodded. "It's not that hard, or as hard as most other languages." Cassidy sighed. "If you say so."

Cassidy then turned to the rest of the individuals. "And what were you guys doing by the door, why didn't you come in?" The group shifted a bit. [They wanted to know what you were talking about without interference,] Cassidy frowned. [I was against it, though, so were Reggie and Bruce.] Cassidy turned to the rest of the group. "You guys were spying on us?" She asked, Natasha spoke up; "To be fair, I warned them not to do it." Cassidy sighed. "Ok, but how much did you guys hear?" Bruce's voice spoke up from the middle of the group. "Well, we came at around the end when you made that joke about Tony, but other than that, that's it." "It was a rude joke, then." Tony mumbled.

"That's because it's true, Stark." Reggie replies, grinning. "Not now, Reggie." Cassidy said, her tone oddly cold. "Now, we have to help Loki recover, and that recovery includes making sure that every wicked piece of the mind stone is gone." Loki winced as he got to his feet once more, and spoke up; "Yes, but we have 2 enemies who in the current moment, one wants me, and by default, us dead. And the other one's arrival is imminent, and has the exact same goals as the other, but luckily, we stilll have some time." Cassidy nodded. "Since it would take a bit for the space grape to rear its ugly head again, we have some time in that. For now, we have to focus on Loki's recovery and the none-father."

[We should start with making sure that all of the mind stone's effects are gone from your brain, first, Loki.] Samantha signed, Cassidy nodded, then turned to Loki with an overly optimistic smile. "So, when do we begin?" Loki sighed, then grinned back. "Well, there's no time like the present."

O 0 o . Łøkï (hehe, thought that looked cool) Ïkøl . o 0 O

"Is this safe?"

"Yep, it should be 99% safe."

"If you keep talking, we'll have to restart this all over again, you know."

"That would be unfortunate, but what about the 1% that isn't safe?"

"Let's not worry about that, shall we?"

[Can we get this over with? I didn't eat anything this morning and I'm hungry.]

"Why?"

[I had to run an errand]

"Which was... "

[Had to buy cat food for Lokitty]

"Ah... that's valid excuse. But isn't this nice, the gang all back together again?"

"No."

"Absolutely not."

[I hope you guys know how much I hate you, sending you all my dearest hate.]

"... I hope you guys are kidding."

"Naw, don't worry. I don't hate you guys."

[You guys are sappy, but I don't mind your company.]

"I must admit, you all aren't the worst of friends."

"Aw, thanks guys." Cassidy assed sarcastically.

And with that, the quartet burst into laughter.

That was the slightly awkward conversation that was currently being discussed between Loki, Cassidy, Samantha and Reggie in one of Stark tower's- soon to be renamed Avengers tower- unoccupied rooms. Overall, it was pretty lighthearted, considering what they were planning to do. Reggie said something about 'going to go get a missing ingredient' then teleported out of the room. Thor spoke up; "What will the spell do, Cassidy?" "Well, once we mix all these plants, and magic stuff together, say a few magic words, then all this brain-mind-control stuff should go away," Thor sighed, then spoke up again, being the one to question the safety of the spell this time. "But please, Cassidy. Will my brother be ok?" "Oh yeah, don't worry. He'll be fine, Thorio." Loki laughed. Cassidy glanced at him. "You really should laugh more often, it makes you sound like a person." When Loki glared at her, she continued. "Plus, laughing is a common sign of improving mental health." When Loki didn't shift his gaze, she added; "Besides, they do say laughter is the best medicine." After a moment, Thor cleared his throat; "What is this 'mental health' you speak of?"

"Oh... right, you guys don't learn about mental health on Asgard, do you?" Thor frowned. "No, we do not." Loki sighed and was about to sit up, but Samantha pushed him back down on the mat he was lying on. [Ah, ah, ah. Remember, if you move, you'll disorganize the herbs, and we'll have to restart.] She signed at him, he huffed, but stayed lying back. Cassidy spoke up. "Mental health is pretty much how you're doing mentally, like if you're happy and optimistic pretty much all the time like Thor, for example, then you'de have a pretty good mental health status. I guess that would be the default, with some bad days, but not complete depression." Thor was about to ask, but Cassidy predicted his question. "What's depression? Well, depression is, well according to google I think, is a persistent feeling of sadness and loss of interest."

"You mean like warriors grief?" Thor asked. Cassidy turned to Loki. "It's considerably the same thing, I believe." Cassidy hummed. "So, yeah. Pretty much that." Thor nodded. "Now Thor, stop distracting us or else this won't work, and your brother will be in a coma for the rest of his considerably long life, or I might accidently explode his brain." Cassidy said, her tone flat. Thor paled. Loki, on the other hand, didn't change a shade. "I... I'm sorry Cassidy, I shall leave you now to cast your spell." Thor glanced at Loki once, then rushed the room, probably to go finish the box of pop tarts he had left on the couch. "That was surprisingly cruel of you," Loki said neutrally.

"Well, I wasn't lying- and could you please stop fidgeting?" Loki frowned. "I'm not fidgeting, I'm not even moving." Cassidy paused, Reggie teleported back, a clump of white flowers in his hands. The stem was an unnaturally bright shade of green, the top of half curling around the rest, the area beneath the stem yellow. A faux calla lily. "No- you're moving, see." Cassidy said, exasperated, as she lifted up Loki's hand to wave it in front of his face, and indeed, his index finger was twitching. Loki paled. "Cassidy." His voice wavered. "I- I'm not doing that." Cassidy'si  eyebrows furrowed.

"What do you mean?" Cassidy asked. "For Norns sake, Cassidy, what do you think it means?" Loki retorted. "Do you feel that?" Cassidy asked. "What?" He asked. "Do you feel that." She repeated. "Feel what?" He asked, alarm beginning to settle in his senses. "Loki, I'm touching your arm right now." He forced his head up, and indeed her hand was tightly grasping his arm, just above the elbow. "You can't feel that?" She asked again. "N-" He half-replied, but cut himself off, seeing as a sudden pang of pain appeared behind his eyes. He took in a deep breath, trying to calm himself down- now was not the time for a migraine. He was about to say something, but abruptly, his mouth slammed shut, preventing him from talking. What the- what was happening? His vision become hazy, almost as if he was going to faint. And then, the dreaded realization hit him. Someone was trying to control him- again.

No, not again. Never again. He thought as he felt a dark presence enter his mind. A voice spoke up, by t it flickered, almost as if from a bad radio transmission. This one horrifying familiar; This one seems like an interesting specimen. It was his voice. A bright flash of green Seidr- not exactly his own, but almost identical- lulled his senses. Sleep. It's been a long day. Rest. No, he didn't want to rest, he had to help his friends, he had to do... something. What did he have to do? He couldn't remember anymore. He was tired. So, so exhaustedly tired. Of running, of surviving- maybe he was tired of being awake. Maybe he could sleep, only for a moment. Only for a moment.

Only for a moment.

He closed his eyes and was swept away into a haze.

¥^¥

Pic; (blood warning)

Hope y'all like the pic! (Even if it is a bit bloody)
Haha, sorry for the cruel cliffhanger, but darn if this wasn't a ʷᵉᵉ ᵇⁱᵗ of a long chapter XD

Hope you humans/aliens/extraterrestrials/sakarians/variants/cookies/alive or dead creatures/ have a wonderful day/night/afternoon/noon/etc.

I'll see you wonderful people next time!

- just-a-random-tissue

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

248K 8K 56
When he denied his own baby calling her a cheater. "This baby is not mine." But why god planned them to meet again? "I would like you to transfer in...
1M 54.8K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
1.1M 49.3K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
2.2M 116K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...