Sanctuary *part 9* (chapter 16)

*I did most of this chapter before, I only had to add a paragraph, or two*

Memory Maw p.o.v (I'm gonna try doing not a 3rd person for once, hope it's not as bad as I think it is)

Pacing around the halls of Sanctuary is not enjoyable, to say the least, well that would be the case for any other life form, but not for me. The dark walls have shadows, that crawl and whisper, sending shivers down your spine, but I enjoy it. But, I was the only one out of my father's children to come willingly, after all. All the others were pathetic orphans he adopted, but, I admit, something about watching someone writhe in pain is just so... exhilarating. The ability to control someone else's pain is such a delightful sense. My train of thought was interrupted by a Chitauri stepping up to me. "What?" I questioned harshly.

I felt slightly pleased as I saw him tremble a bit before replying. "W- we don't know what happened, h- he just," but the Chitauri didn't finish, and kept his mouth shut, I sighed, why on earth did father hire these incompetent fools? "Just show me what happened." I snarled, the Chitauri immediately bowed his head, nodded slightly and walked down the dark corridor. I followed him down the familiar twists and turns of Sanctuary, I peered into a few rooms, which brought back a few memories. This room, on the left, is where I tortured Nebula, the one over there was for Proxima, and the one on the right was for Cull. I admit he was, so far the hardest, but not as hard to break as the pathetic Jotun runt.

The runt was taking much longer than expected, it's already been months, he's stubborn, but we'll break him eventually. Father said that if the runt doesn't comply, he'll use a special weapon, I've personally never seen it in person, only Father and the other have seen it, but I've heard it's powerful. Extremely powerful, powerful enough to turn one's mind inside out, from a report I heard, they tested it out on one of the Chitauri foot soldiers. It didn't end well, well for the Chitauri that is.

We stop at the cell of the runt, the Chitauri fumbles with the keys, before finding the correct one. The Chitauri jammed it into the lock and pushed open the door, which gave off a slightly irritating banging sound. The door opened, and revealed the runt, on the floor, in a large pile of blood. I felt the colour drain from my face as I stared at the unconscious Jotun on the floor. "What. Did. You. Do?!" I screeched, punctuating every word.

"We didn't do anything! We found him like this!" The Chitauri responded, trying to defend himself. "Well, then help him! Heal him, or something! Do you know what father will do to us if we kill the runt?!" I hissed at the daft fool, really he was idiotic. The Chitauri scrambled to the Jotun and grabbed his arms, another Chitauri dashed into the room and grabbed his legs. They pulled him up, and dragged him out the door, the Chitauri stopped and turned to me; "Where do we take him?"

These blundering imbeciles! "To the infirmary! Where else?!" I screeched. The Chitauri nodded and hurried out the door, dragging the Jotun runt. Today was an awful day indeed.

3rd person p.o.v because I think that Maw's p.o.v was awful.

*Time skip to after Loki gets healed in the Sanctuary infirmary (just assume they have one) because MeDicAl StUfF iS PAiN tO WriTe*

Loki woke up to darkness, black all around him, his throat felt hoarse and was aching slightly. He brought his hand up to check his neck but found out it was covered in bandages. He poked the bandages slightly, but that caused the dull throb to turn into full-on agony. He made a mental note; don't poke the bandages whatsoever. He flinched at the pain and sat back down, he then realized he was sitting on a bed, not the usual rocky, cold floor of his cell.

He glanced around the dark room, it was quiet, too quiet. As if thinking could summon something, a creak was heard from the darkness. Loki got up off the bed and stared in the direction of where the sound came from. A dark silhouette inched out of the darkness, Loki spoke up to the shadowed figure; "Well hello, Gamora." The figure stepped out into the light, and it indeed was the green-skinned Zen-Whoberi.