Sanctuary *wow this is getting long* (chapter 18)

3rd person p.o.v as usual *should I just stop writing these at the start? I think you guys already know that the entire thing is like, 7/8 3rd person p.o.v's*

*Edit, sorry 'bout the last chapter how there wasn't that many, if there was any Avengers react to the scenes, I kinda just wanted to get the mage-torture over with, and I thought that the Avengers reaction would k i n d a ruin it a bit, so um.. yeah? I'll try to add more reaction stuff in this chapter.*

*edit 2, I didn't write all that much yesterday, since it was my lil bro's b-day yesterday (@joejeffjohn )

*Edit 3, apparently it didn't save, so I just reput it :l) 

Warning, this chapter is particularly angsty and has a very vivid zombie description, so... yeah.

"Well, look what we have here." Maw's voice rang out in his head, oddly tinny. He felt dazed as if he's been smashed with Mjolnir (JoNaThAn) a few thousand times, that he'd gone numb. He heard someone say something unintelligible, but he couldn't hear anything since the pain of his magic being gone was unbearable. He felt like he was suffocating like he couldn't breathe properly, as if he was choking. The world swirled around him one last time, into a mix of colours, before everything went black. Loki woke up with a pulsing headache, nothing unusual by this point.

He groggily sat up against the wall of his cell, his chest ached horribly as if he had a terrible case of heartburn. Suddenly, a sweet rush of euphoria swept over him, the pang in this chest dissolving into warmth. He took a deep breath, worried that it was an act, that his magic would be snatched away in an instant. He sighed after a few moments of breathing, he glanced around the room he was in, it was different than before, unfamiliar. The floor was made of wood, which surprised him since it wasn't the constant, chilled, hard stone.

"Wait, where are you right now?" Tony questioned, Illusion-Loki replied; "Nowhere good." Loki pushed himself up off the floor and onto his feet, even though he leaned heavily against the concrete surface. He glanced up at the wall, which went down a long hallway and faded into darkness. Loki raised his eyebrows in confusion as he stared at the inky void before him. He stepped forward slightly. Wait, where is the light coming from? He thought randomly.

He stopped, and turned around, in a slow circle, searching for the source, but he couldn't find it. He gave up eventually, assuming it was magic and kept going. He walked down the dark hallway, the invisible source of light now barely visible at the end of the aisle. He ran his hand along the side of the wall conscientiously. (Oh wow, I'm using big words hehe) He continued to shift his hand leisurely across the wall until he eventually felt a slight groove poking out, the light now just a meagre speck on the horizon.

Loki paused, and ran his hand along the indentation, trying to find the dimension of it. The hollow wasn't that big, only slightly larger than him, around arm's length. It depressed inward beside the wall, then jutted out harshly, before dipping again. A door, perhaps. He thought as he inspected the strange imprint again. He brought his hand to the middle of the gap, something smooth, and textured blocked his hand from moving further.

So it is a door. He speculated as he felt along the surface. He eventually found cold metal protruding from the wood, or so he assumed was wood, and grabbed onto it. He twisted the nob, and with a quick push, the door swung open. Harsh light stabbed his eyes as soon as he opened the egress, he shut them hurriedly. When he got used to it, he opened them slowly, as he glanced into the contents of the room, he felt a shiver run down his spine, and the blood drain from his face.

It was . . . Thor. Thor? What's he doing here?! He thought frantically, seeing as he was too petrified at the moment to move in any way. The Thunderer lay in the middle of the room, on his knees, head down. Thick chains tied around him kept him tied to the ground, a menacing metal collar tied around his neck, the same around his ankles and wrists. "W- What is happening? I'm not there! I never was!" Thor sputtered in confusion, Illusion-Loki sighed, then replied; "It's an illusion, Thor."

*Zombie description starts here*

Thor muttered a quiet, but audible. "Oh." Before the hologram continued. Loki forced himself out of his trance; "B- Brother? T- Thor?" Loki said anxiously, his voice shaking slightly. This was real, too real. This wasn't like last time where they simply changed his memories, they were making new, more realistic ones. Thor slowly looked up from his spot on the floor, and if Loki wasn't already feeling nauseous, he was sure he would be by this point. Half, if not all of his flesh was gone from his skull, revealing the bone-white skull underneath.

Any skin that was left, had a horrible green tinge to it, almost olive-like. The eyes, if you could call them that, were mostly different shades of yellow and orange. His teeth were yellowed, and even brown in some parts, they clacked together, making a horrible clicking sound when they did. The Thunderer's arm was almost completely gone, save for a thin layer of skin covering the bone, no muscle in between whatsoever. Suddenly, zombie Thor launched himself at Loki, headfirst.

*End of Zombie description* (Also, did I add this because I wanted to see zombie Thor in that episode? Yes, I did*

The chains stopped him just a few centimetres away from Loki, who was staring fearfully at Zombie-Illusion -(But he doesn't know it's an illusion) -Thor, who continued struggling in the chains. Loki heard something shift in front of him, he looked up and saw more zombies crawling out of the darkness, where the darkness came from, he didn't know. They slowly made their way towards their prey, said prey being Loki, who was backing away against the wall. "Well, this looks fun,"

Tony said, sarcastically, Natasha glared at him. Loki, oddly recognized a few of them, there was a group of zombie-warriors-3, but with Sif nowhere to be seen, who stood shakily behind Zombie-Thor. But a specific group of zombies caught his eye, among the hoard before him, a small gang in the back, barely noticeable, who stood out. One of them wearing a blue, red, and white outfit, with a large circular shield decorated the same. He, too was a zombie, with half of the top half of his head missing, exposing his brain. "Capsicle?!" Tony screeched, "What the hell are you doing there?"

The captain stared at the screen, startled. "Tony, I- I don't know." He turned to Illusion-Loki; "The Illusion is designed for people that you already know, hence why Thor was there." Illusion-Loki explained, Clint retorted; "Yes, but you didn't know us then, we never met you." Illusion-Loki sighed for the umpteenth time, before replying, slightly quieter than usual; "Actually, yes I have met you all before, not you specifically, but another version of you."

Everyone blanched before Natasha finally spoke up; "What do you mean you *met another version of us*?" Illusion-Loki replied; "I believe someone else may be better suited to answer that question for you, but for now, can we please finish this?" Illusion-Loki gestured to the hologram, Natasha sighed, then nodded her head, the rest of the avengers murmured "yes."'s and Illusion-Loki resumed the hologram.

A zombie Tony came out of the darkness, red and gold armour gleaming the light, half of his face missing, not unlike Thor's, a repulsor aimed at Loki's head. Tony stared at the screen with wide eyes. A zombie Natasha came next, oddly her hair was blonde, but she still looked the same. "Woah, you're a blonde Nat, and you don't look half bad as a zombie," Clint commented, Natasha raised an eyebrow but took it as a compliment. (Because I was sorta sad we didn't get to see zombie Nat in what if, yes I know I'm m a y b e slightly sadistic lol)

Sorry to end it there, humans. Hope you like it! Sorry, it was kinda short, but yeah. - just-a-random-tissue