Always and Forever

By stories116

Sophie Roberts. Arsenal Through and Through. 20 Years old. Arsenal Forward. Lioness. Sophie Roberts, hasn't h... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one

nine

5.5K 67 5
By stories116

Today has been a good day so far.

Today started off with some early morning training which went well. Now, i am in the cafeteria with the team for some lunch. I sam sat at a table with Leah, i am at one side and Leah is at the other and we are both on our phones.

"hi sociable friends"
I heard Beth shout from across the cafeteria. I looked up and saw her with her camera out. I just smiled.

"hey"
I looked back at my phone for a few minutes before putting it down and looking back at Beth who's camera was pointed at me.

"are you zooming in?"
I asked, laughing.

"Yeah because you're being antisocial, you and Leah aren't talking, had a wee fall out?"
Leah was now looking at Beth smiling.

"Of course not. Right babe?"
Leah asked, smirking at me.

"Course not"
I said, returning the smirk.

"Does she ever smile?"
Anna asked as her and Beth walked over to Leah who was no longer smirking.

"only when she's around"
Viv said, appearing out of nowhere.

"who?"
Anna asked.

"hey, Leah?"
I said and Leah almost instantly broke into a smile.

"Sophie"
Viv said, smiling.

Leah kept smiling and stood up. She walked over to me and stuck a hand out, i took it and she pulled me up out of the seat, Leah then sat down before pulling me down onto her lap. Leah put her arms around me and rubbed her hand down my side. My stomach was full of butterflies and i couldn't concentrate on the three girls, Viv, Beth and Anna who were smirking at me. I couldn't concentrate until Beth started laughing.

"you should see your face"
Beth laughed.

"why?"
I asked, confused.

"you're bright red"
Anna said, joining in on the laughing.
Leah looked at my face before whispering into my ear.

"am i embarrassing you, princess?"

"princess, really? No but you're making me nervous"

"sorry baby girl"

"Leah, stop"

"okay babe, whatever you want"

"baby, please"
I could feel my face getting redder and redder.

"excited to play city?"
Anna asked as her, Beth and Viv sat down at mine and Leah's table.

"of course. It will be a good game"

"excited to see your english friends?"
Viv asked. I looked at Leah and smiled.

"yeah. I'm excited to see Ellie and Hempo"
Leah, upon hearing Ellie's name, gently removed me from her lap before walking away. Leah went and sat with Jordan, Katie, Lotte and other's. I just sat down and laughed a little.

"what's wrong with her?"
Asked a confused Beth Mead.

"she's just jealous"
I responded.

"why?"
Viv asked.

"because Ellie is my best friend but according to Leah and quite a lot of people, Ellie has a crush on me. She's just jealous because i am quite close to Ellie but there's most definitely nothing there and it's funny that she gets jealous. I don't even think Ellie does like me but even if she does, Leah's my person so it won't change anything"

"the Leah Williamson jealous. Never thought i'd see the day!"
Beth exclaimed. I just sat back and laughed.

******
Well, today we are playing against Manchester City and i am getting my first start of the season. That's right, i am starting against Manchester City. My nerves are though the roof but i'm also full of excitement. This is my chance. This is my chance to prove myself. It's in my hands. I must perform.

It's an away game. We arrived at the academy stadium and went straight into our away changing room. We got changed, warmed up, came back in, finished getting ready and lined up for the game. As we were lining up in the tunnel, Ellie walked by Leah who was behind me before coming up and hugging me. I hugged her back despite feeling Leah's eyes on me.

"hey"
Ellie said with a soft smile.

"Hey els!"

"good luck"

"Yeah, you too"
I smiled as Ellie walked away. I could feel Leah staring at me but didn't dare look back.

"hey wonder kid!"
Hempo said as she jumped into my arms ecstatically.

"hey hempo! Good luck today. Hey, go easy on us"
I smirked at the fantastic winger.

"no promises Sophie. Why don't you go easy on us! I know what you're capable of, i would prefer if your extraordinary talent came out against any other team but us"

"It's on Hempo!"

"you're going down, kid"

"we'll see, won't we?"

"we will. Enjoy yourself"

"thanks hempo"

******
We walked out and the game began. I'm playing upfront. Viv is on the bench.

"After her two goals last week, Sophie Roberts is preferred over Vivianne Miedema today. What are your thoughts on this?"

"I don't think it's about preference's. I think Roberts was brilliant last week against Aston Villa when she came on but i think Viv is being rested this week. She hasn't had a rest, she was at the olympics and has came back and featured in every game."

"Who do you think will stand out for Arsenal today then and cause City the most problems?"

"I would say, Mead, Roberts and McCabe, simply because of their movement both on and off the ball. They are incredible talents and i can't wait to see Roberts in action today. This is a big day for the young Arsenal fan. This is a big game and she will be eager to impress"

"For City, who do you think will be their key player?"

"Lauren Hemp. I don't think there's any question there. Hemp is extraordinary. I don't think i need to say much else, everyone knows how good she is"

"Caroline Weir as well?"

"Definitely. Weir is such a technically gifted footballer. She's a joy to watch"

The first 15 Minutes, both teams were settling into the game. The game didn't become intense, good to watch or open until a goal happened in the 15th minute of the game.

"Walsh through the middle and Hemp is off. No one is catching her. Ellen white is in the middle, Hemp goes alone. Lauren Hemp- Wow! What a goal. 1-0 Manchester City in the 15th minute because of some splendid work by the one and only Lauren Hemp. What an unbelievable talent she is!"

"It's the 20th minute here at the academy stadium and that goal has really opened up the game. Both teams look ready to win this. Williamson to Nobbs. Nobbs to little, little looks up and sees McCabe making a run down the left, Little to McCabe. McCabe runs down the left and fires it into the box- 1-1 Sophie Roberts. She didn't need to do much. She got a toe to the ball and got it past Roebuck who couldn't do much about it. Roberts, right place right time. What a fantastic move by Arsenal. Little and McCabe, simply brilliant"

"Free kick to Arsenal in a dangerous area. This has Katie McCabe written all over it. It's McCabe- It's extraordinary. 2-1 Arsenal. McCabe brilliant. Superb free kick. That's what Katie McCabe does best. Wow"

We went in at half time. The game was 2-1 and it was very open. Jonas told us to keep doing what we were doing. He told us to press them as quickly and efficiently as we could and he told us to create more in-front of goal. We were about to leave but he pulled me aside.

"I'm impressed. Good work out there Sophie. Keep it up and you will definitely be challenging for a starting position week in, week out"

"Thank you Jonas"

"Hey, Sophie?"

"Yeah"

"I was meaning to ask. Can you play on the wing?"

"I've not done it much but i've enjoyed playing there when i have done so"

"Okay. I'm going to bring Viv on soon so i would like you to take up either Beth or Katie's position"

"Okay. Thank you"

"Keep going"
I nodded at Jonas before running back outside for the second half.

"No changes for either side. Is there any you would make?"

"I don't think there's a need for any subs right now but i would like to see Miedema come on for Arsenal and either Raso or Park come on for City"

"Who would you take off?"

"For Arsenal, i don't know. It would probably be Roberts as she's playing in Miedemas position but i think she deserves to stay on so i'm not sure. For city, i would take both White and Stanway off. I would move Beckie down to Right back and place either Hemp, Raso or Park in the false nine position"

60th minute is when both teams made a few changes. Viv came on for Beth, meaning i was playing on the right and Losada came on for Weir.

"Miedema on, Mead off"

"Looks like young Roberts is going to be trying out a new position"

"Losada on, Weir off"

"Losada is simply word class"

"It's the 75th minute. Hemp to Losada, Losada is on the edge of the box. She looks up and shoots! WHAT A FINISH FROM VICKY LOSADA! ITS 2-2 WITH 15 MINUTES LEFT TO PLAY. GAME ON"

Losada scored a screamer but now. Now it's my turn. I received the ball off of Lia. I gave it to Viv and ran through City's defence, remaining onside. Viv played the ball through and Ellie was off her line. I did the only thing i could and chipped the ball up into the air. I watched, patiently as the ball looped over Ellie's head and landed in the back of the net. I ran to the corner flag and slid on my knees. The girls surrounded me.

"THATS AUDACIOUS AND NOTHING SHORT OF INCREDIBLE BY ARSENALS YOUNG STAR. BRILLIANT FINISH. BRILLIANT"

"It's all over here at the academy stadium. It's ended City 2, Arsenal 3. City got goals from Lauren Hemp and Vicky Losada while Arsenal got goals from Katie McCabe and two from Sophie Roberts"

After the game, i was wanted for an interview.

"Sophie, another great performance by you and another well earned three points"

"Manchester is never an easy place to come and play and City definitely showed their class today but in the end we managed to scrape though and get the well deserved three points. These are massive points for us as playing here against City is one of our biggest challenges each season, so to get it out of the way so early on is good. Today was a good performance from both sides but i'm happy with the points and my contribution today, but nothing would have been possible if it wasn't for my teammates and Jonas"

"well Sophie you are todays player of the match. Congratulations"

"Cheers. Thank you"

My interview was a short one so by the time i was finished the majority of both teams were still out on the pitch talking to each other. I went over to hempo and jumped into her grasp. Hempo was standing with Keira Walsh and Lucy Bronze.

"Hempoooo"

"Roberts. Good game. You were good but i told you to go easy on us!!"

"i did"
I joked

"nice try Sophie"
Hempo said as she lightly slapped my head.

"Good goal Lauren Hemp"

"wasn't bad was it?"

"Not at all. Now, Keira, Lucy, Come on! Stop being so fucking good"

"You outplayed us today. Despite the score, i'm so proud of you"
Keira said as she put an arm around me.

"thank you Walsh but you're suffocating me!"
Keira pushed me before letting go. Keira pushed me into Lucy who also hugged me.

"Kei, leave poor Sophie alone. Kiddo is only just getting started! Soon, the whole world will be watching you. Keep shining little one!"
Lucy said as she ruffled my hair.

"thank you Luce. I love you all"
I said before walking away from my England teammates and good friends.

I was walking in the direction of the tunnel but was stopped my Ellie. Ellie shouted my name, she was standing alone but was only a few centimetres away from Leah who was standing with Keira and Georgia. Ugh.

Despite wanting to just run down the tunnel, i didn't. I walked over to Ellie who greeted me with a hug, a friendly hug. I hugged her back and could already feel Leah staring at me and Ellie.

"what a performance by you. My little baller"

"thanks els!"

"Hey, i wanted to ask you something?"

"go for it"

"Do you want to go out and get a drink?"
I looked at Leah who looked like she was about to punch Ellie. Both Georgia and Keira were aware of the situation, they were trying to distract Leah. I was about to answer Ellie but before i could i seen two faces i never wanted to see again.

I was looking into the crowd and i swear i saw my parents. I wasn't sure of it so i looked away before looking back and i saw them again. Both my mum and dad looked right at me with slight smirks on their faces. No, No, Not here, Not now.

I felt my body tense up and i felt my eyes get heavy. I couldn't breathe. I couldn't see or think straight....

To be continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.3K 2.6K 51
Kelsey Beattie, a 24-year-old professional footballer from Scotland, faces a significant crossroads in her career. As the football season draws to a...
346K 6.7K 72
sophia jones almost gets caught in a lie with her mother about her "girlfriend" she asks her friend of 3 years to pretend to be her girlfriend. what...
122K 2.3K 30
Aleid van Alstine has been representing the Netherlands since she was seventeen, kickstarting her career at nearby club FC Twente, before moving to G...
144K 2.1K 47
In which two players meet and fall in love But what will happen when they meet and will they get along? Their rough past says othervise. Leah William...