The Game of Temptation

By SomeoneLovesYou

Every girl has that guy in her life that she thinks she can't live without. Sometimes it's her best friend, s... More

The Game of Temptation
The Game of Temptation ~2~
The Game of Temptation ~3~
The Game of Temptation ~4~
The Game of Temptation ~5~
The Game of Temptation ~6~
The Game of Temptation ~7~
The Game of Temptation ~9~
The Game of Temptation ~10~
The Game of Temptation ~11~
The Game of Temptation ~12~
The Game of Temptation ~13~
The Game of Temptation ~14~
The Game of Temptation ~15~
The Game of Temptation ~16~
The Game of Temptation ~17~
The Game of Temptation ~18~
The Game of Temptation ~19~
The Game of Temptation ~20~
The Game of Temptation ~21~
The Game of Temptation ~22~
The Game of Temptation ~23~
The Game of Temptation ~24~
The Game of Temptation ~25~
The Game of Temptation ~Epilogue~
The Game of Temptation ~Questions And Answers~
The Game of Temptation ~Song List~
The Game of Temptation - The Rewrite

The Game of Temptation ~8~

29.4K 646 51
By SomeoneLovesYou

Hey guys!

Sorry it's been a while, I've just been COMPLTELY unmotivated to write. BUT it's come back, and here we are!:)

ALSO: my story The Player Who Took My Virginity WON Teen Fiction: On The Rise!!!!:D Thank you to all people who voted for me at any time!!!:)) <3

First, the dedication is because she made the amazingly awesome banner on the side! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!:D

Second, wooww you guys were MAD at Alex!! Not going to lie, I thought it was funny:)

Third, I know you don't care BUT I FOUND MY PROM DRESS!!!:D It's so prettyful:) I would actually wear it all the time if I could...

Fourth, hopefully you guys like this! I know I'm being meh about everything, but I'm just in a meh mood recently. Which doesn't make sense, but whatever.

Enjoy!

Chapter Eight

~Isabelle~

"Stop studying, and let's go!" Care insisted, and I sighed.

"Go where? And I can't stop studying, I've barely done any since I got here, and it's affecting my grades. I need to just take some time to read and write this shit out," I told her, looking back the textbook in front of me. Why did I care about math? I wanted to be a psychologist, not a math person!

 "Shopping. Duh. How else are we supposed to get our outfits for Halloween?"

 I looked up sharply. "What?" I asked, stupidly. How had I forgotten about Halloween? Every year, me and Alex had gone trick-or-treating with our group of friends, and every year our outfits had coordinated.

 Not this year though...

 I shook the thought off, trying to think of a positive. I could wear anything this year. My parents couldn't control it this time, telling me what was decent and proper

 "Halloween? You know, that holiday where you can dress as a slut without getting judged?"

 "Yeah, yeah, I know what Halloween is, I just had no idea it was so close," I admitted. I'd spent a lot of time studying. Friday night hangouts had turned into hardcore study sessions. Maybe it was because we were all fully adjusted to college now, again for Care and Ren, but it seemed I had some sort of paper due in every class. It sucked, but what could I do?

 "Italy, it's in two weeks. So I figure if we go now, we can beat the flood of people that go the weekend before," she said, and I shrugged.

 "Fine, let's go. But I'm not going to the guy's place with you tonight. I have this paper due on Tuesday, and I've got over a thousand words left to write. I don't even get a word of what I'm reading," I ranted, slipping into a comfy sweats outfit. I was going to be trying stuff on, hopefully, so why would I wear something that was hard to get out of?

 "No worries, I can help if you want?" Care suggested, grabbing her bag and car keys.

 "Oh yeah, you took it last year. I might need it, but you can help tomorrow if you just want to hang out with the guys," I told her. It was Saturday, but due to Ren's company last night we'd decided to hang out tonight instead.

 "Nah, we need a girl day. Besides, if it's just us, we can bitch about PMS issues."

 I laughed. "This is true. Just text your brother and tell him we're ditching, and let's go shopping. I really do need to study."

It took us four hours. Well, four hours, a mini argument over colors, and exactly eight stores before we finally found something we wanted.

"We must be idiots," I moaned, staring at our reflection in the mirror.

"Why? I think we look hot," Care commented.

 I turned to her. "Because, Care, it took us forever to find this, and it's not even unique!"

 She looked at herself, then at me, then back at herself. "True, but we are unique in the sense that we're gonna do the make-up and hair and everything for this."

 I shook my head. "Whatever, let's just pay for these and go, yeah?"

 It took us another hour to get back to our dorm, and that was only because we stopped for food and shoes. Hey, they were on sale, and we needed some for the outfits. Why would we say no?

 As we walked into our dorm, Care said, "So, Ren just text back. He said he needs to talk to you."

 I frowned, dropping my bags at the foot of my bed. "Do you know why?"

 She shook her head. "No idea. You could text him and find out so I can impart my wisdom."

 I laughed, already typing out a quick text to Ren, just asking what was going on.

 "Alright, wisdom me up." I sighed, sitting in the middle of our room with the equipment.

 Care began explaining the terms and definitions, and though I heard my phone go off at least three times in one hour, I ignored it. I didn't want to snap out of this learning spell I was in.

 In high school, I'd always had a talent for being able to study something and remember the basics of it. If I was interested, that is. And right now, the way Care was explaining it, I really was. If psychology didn't work out for her, I could definitely see her being a teacher.

 "So, basically, do you understand?" Care asked after around two hours.

 I nodded. "Thank you so much! I swear, you're a way better teacher than the one I have."

 "No worries. I had him last year, and he pretty much expects you to figure it out on your own. Now, for the love of all that is holy, will you answer the damn phone?"

 I rolled my eyes. "You already know who it is. Just text him and tell him I'm studying, and he can text me."

 "Fine. Lazy. You know, you could text him yourself," Care told me.

 "I could, but I really want to finish this. It's due in a couple of days, and the sooner I finish it the sooner I can finish everything else and get ahead to the point where I can procrastinate more," I tried explaining.

 She shook her head. "If this was you in high school, I'll never understand how you ever did anything fun."

 "I had friends, study sessions, and Alex. I definitely did some fun things. Besides, that was high school. Compared to this, that was a piece of cake."

 "Speaking of the dick," Care began, and I sighed. When I'd told her a couple of weeks ago that I'd forgiven Alex, she'd demanded to know everything. Then she'd been pissed at me for forgiving him so easily, and now he was known as 'the dick'. "Is he still coming down here for Thanksgiving?"

 I nodded. "As far as I know, yeah. Why wouldn't he?"

 "Maybe because I'm only tolerating him for your sake?" Care said, sweetly.

 "Care, please. Don't lecture me again. Look, I really do trust Alex. I don't think he did anything too bad. Besides, I still think it's mostly her fault. I was just getting jealous over nothing."

 "Whatever. I still think you should have kissed Ren. It's not like he'd complain."

 I saved the work on my laptop, knowing that I was officially done for the night now. This was going to take a while. "But that would make me a hypocrite, and that's something I will never be."

 "Right, because being a hypocrite is so much worse than having inappropriate thoughts about your best friend while you're in a committed relationship."

 "In my mind, it's not worse but it is just as bad. I'm not that kind of girl, Care. I wouldn't kiss someone just to get even or revenge." I unlocked my phone and dialed the voice-mail number. Ren had apparently left a lot of messages.

 "Isa, I really need to talk to you about something. I feel guilty as hell, but I really need to talk to you," Ren's voice said, sounding slightly panicked. I deleted it and moved to the next one, which was pretty much the same thing. Two more messages later, the last one insisting that I call him back as soon as possible, and I was beginning to get slightly panicked.

 "Has he text you anything?" I asked Care, pausing before I hit the call button.

 She just nodded. "Yeah, and don't call him. I think he's hammered."

 I rolled my eyes, putting my phone down. "Is he OK?"

 "Yeah, fine. I just don't think you want to know what he said. I'm going to talk to him. I might crash there, so see you later." Care left, leaving me more confused than ever.

 I shrugged it off. Maybe it was a sibling thing or something. Whatever it was, I didn't want to get involved.

 I groaned, realizing it was only 7PM. I had no excuse to not finish this paper, so with a little hesitancy, I pushed myself back into study mode.

The next two weeks passed in a blur of study sessions and papers, and before I knew it, it was Halloween again. I'd been talking to Alex about what we were each doing this year without year. Apparently he was going bowling with the gang again, but they were all going as Harry Potter characters.

 I couldn't help but be slightly jealous that Chloe was going to be there, but at the same time I was happy that she was being Ginny. There was no way I'd let it slide if he was being Harry. At least he was going to be Malfoy.

 And not going to lie, Tom Felton was way hotter than Daniel Radcliffe. So sue me, I like blondes.

 "God, I am so excited," Care squealed.

 I sighed, applying a little more eyeliner. I was trying to go for full out dark make-up. If I was going to look slutty, I was going to do my best to make sure I wasn't too easy to recognize. "You do realizes classes tomorrow are going to be a bitch, right?" I asked.

 "I have no tests tomorrow, there's no way I'm showing up to anything. Why aren't you skipping?"

 "I do have a test tomorrow," I admitted. "But it's in math, and I've had a freaking amazing teacher so I should be good."

 Care laughed. "Well, thanks. Let me know how that goes, and I'll figure out if I should start charging for tutoring."

 "If you do, just remember I'm your roommate and first client. I get a hell of a discount." I applied a coat of shimmering lip-gloss over a bright red lipstick, rubbing my lips together to even it out. Turning to face her, I asked, "how do I look?"

 She turned too, and nodded. "Slutty, but not to the point where you look like a hooker, and only obvious it's you if I really look. You're good. What about me?" She did a little twirl, making me laugh.

 "Perfect. I want to get at least one picture before we go though. Who knows how bad this make-up will look once I've had a couple of drinks?" I joked, pulling out my phone.

 We'd stuck a long mirror on the back of our door because we were fed up of always using hand mirrors, and I'd never been more grateful. I admired our reflection, loving the way we looked right now. Care's costume was a slutty nurse, complete with a couple of fake blood smears to ensure it was Halloween enough.

 The white of the outfit, and the sleek high ponytail she'd styled made her look amazing. She'd also done her make-up lightly, in a such a subtle way that the only way you'd know it was there was if you'd been there when she applied it. Or if you looked really close.

 I was dressed in a way that my mom would never have let me do if she was here. I'd gone for another slutty route; the police officer. Complete with a set of uncomfortable handcuffs and a fake badge. I'd even bought a water gun that I planned on filling with alcohol and downing.

 I'd curled my hair lightly, but left it down. Even if I didn't look official, though what police officer would wear tights I'd never know, my hair never looked too good up. So I was stuck leaving it to fall against my back. The dark make-up made up for it, and I was kind of happy that you could barely recognize me. Why, I'd never figure out.

 We took a couple of pictures, and I knew at least one would be my new Facebook picture, before we started the walk to the party.

 It was colorful to say the least, and I was proud to admit I was not the sluttiest person there. It was kind of surprising, actually.

 "Are you drinking tonight?" Care asked me.

 I shrugged. "Not a lot. I'll just stick with beer and water."

 She smiled. "Good. Honestly, I think I will too. I really don't feel like getting hammered tonight."

 We made our way over to a huge drinks table and both grabbed a beer. We stood there sipping the drinks as we laughed at some of the already-drunk people.

 Just minutes later, some guy that I'd never met came over. Completely ignoring me, he smirked. "Hey, Caroline."

 I sighed, knowing I was officially about to be ditched for a boy and alcohol.

 "Hey," she purred, and I took that as my cue to leave.

 "See you later. Be careful," I muttered, grabbing another beer and a thing of water to take with me. As I left, Care shot me a grateful look. She so owed me for this.

 I took a seat on a bench just out of reach of the main dancing area. I couldn't figure out how none of the teachers here knew about these parties. It wasn't exactly quiet, and we weren't exactly hidden. Maybe they knew and figured it would be easier to just let it go.

 "Well, hey there officer. Are you going to arrest me?" A familiar male voice said as I finished my second beer and started working on the water. It tasted a little weird but I let it go. It was probably tap water.

 I looked up to see Ren wearing a grey suit, white collared shirt, and a metallic grey tie.

 "Are you really trying to pull off Christian Grey?" I asked, eyebrows raised.

 Ren frowned. "Wait, I know you..."

 I laughed, standing up. "Yeah, you do. Hey, Ren."

 His eyes widened comically. "Isa? Holy shit, you look hot."

 "Well, thanks." I smiled.

 "No, seriously. You look 'do me' hot. I didn't recognize you with the handcuffs."

 I laughed again, sitting back down. "First you're Christian Grey, and now you're sort of making Rent references?" I asked, half-faking shock.

 He shrugged. "The first gets me laid. The second is a movie that's basically about sex and shit, and it's got lesbian action sort of. What wouldn't I like about it?"

 I was surprised at his actual logic, but gave up. I'd never understand him, even if I tried. "Fair enough. So why are you over here?"

 Ren sat next to me, rubbing the back of his neck. "Honestly, I was going to hit on you until I realized it was you. No offense, I promise, you just told me I couldn't do that anymore."

 I laughed. "No worries, I'm definitely complimented."

 "Any time." He smiled. "What's your excuse for being alone?"

 I sighed, finding Caroline and pointing her out. "She ditched me, and it's not like I can do anything without getting hit on."

 Ren was quiet for a minute before he turned to me. "Dance with me."

 "What?"

 He stood up, turned to me, and held his hand out. "Dance. With. Me."

 What possessed me to agree, I'll never know, but I found myself nodding, following him into the crowd.

 "One song," I told him.

 He smirked, turning me so my back was against his chest. "One is all I need."

~Ren~

 So I lied, big deal. Five songs later, I knew her dancing would haunt me in my dreams.

 Just like that damn kiss. Two months had passed, and I still couldn't get it out of my head.

 "Thanks. I needed that," Isa said, breathlessly.

 I smiled, fighting the dumbest urge to grab her and change her reasons for being out of breath.

 "Any time." I mean that, I thought.

 She sat down on a nearby bench, indicating I should do the same. I did, not thinking twice about it.

 I took a sip of my drink. We'd been drinking water as we danced, but something in me was sure there was more than just water in there. Hell, it was probably vodka or something.

 "Can I ask you something?" Isa asked, and automatically every dirty thought I'd had involving her and those words flashed through my head.

 "Sure," I said, nervously.

 She laughed, the sound affecting me in the worst ways. "It's nothing bad, I promise. Just... how do you convince girls to sleep with you?"

 I stared at her, my mouth hanging open. "Uh, why do you want to know?"

 She shrugged. "Curiosity and trying to stay here as long as possible. So tell me, what are Ren Michaels' tricks to getting girls?"

 I laughed, slightly relieved. Of course she didn't know some of the thoughts I'd had about her at night when Ty was at his boyfriend's place.

 "Well, first, I know I'm hot," I said, knowing this was safer than thinking about her dancing up against me.

 We talked for a good couple of hours, and I found myself wishing things were different that maybe she was single. She had a way of making a conversation interesting, and instead of just wanting to hump and dump, I wanted to do her, then lay in bed and talk about life.

 She was really messing with me, and God only knows how.

 Isa yawned. "Ren, it's 2AM. I need to get to sleep. I have a test tomorrow, I think."

 "You think?" I asked, laughing slightly.

 She nodded. "I think I drank too much beer. I'm sleepy."

 I decided not to tell her that the water was probably spiked to an insane degree. Instead I watched as she stumbled slightly and laughed harder.

 "Officer, I think you're breaking the law right now," I mumbled. Maybe the alcohol was affecting me too much too, but I couldn't stop myself from saying words.

 "Hm, yeah? On what charges?"

 "One, you're intoxicated," so was I, but she didn't have to know that right now. "Two, you're too sexy. Way too sexy."

 She laughed again. "Maybe I should arrest you as well, then."

 "God, yes please," I said without thinking. I'd let her do whatever she wanted to me at this point. When this had gotten sexual for me, I had no idea. But I was completely fine with blaming it on the alcohol.

 She just smiled, starting to pull me with her to wherever she was going. "Maybe in another life."

 I almost stopped, but she had a tight grip on my arm. What was that supposed to mean? Did she mean that she'd be with me if she was single?

 And by that, I mean sleep with me. I wasn't looking for anything serious, ever.

 And if I told my drunk-ass self that enough, maybe I'd start believing it.

 "So, where are we going?" I finally asked. I had to stop thinking of her like that. It wasn't going to happen, and even if it did I'd only hurt her.

 "My room," Isa said casually.

 "Whoa, why?"

 "Relax. I just want to go to sleep, but I didn't want to walk alone. Besides, I think I owe you a sleeping arrangement for letting me crash at yours that one time."

 Of course that's the one thing she does remember.

 "Why don't you remember?" I found myself asking, but I couldn't bring myself to care. I wouldn't take this back, not now. The memory of us kissing had to be in her head somewhere. In the morning, I could easily blame it on the water.

 "Remember what?"

 I pulled her to a stop, needing to face her if I was going to do this.

 "Isa, two months ago, why did you get drunk?" I began simply.

 "Because I thought Alex was cheating... Ren, what's this about?"

 I stepped closer, not caring if anyone saw. They'd be too drunk to care anyway.

 "What happened when you got drunk?"

 "I don't know!" Isa held up her hands.

 I sighed, taking her arms and putting them in the same places they'd been that night. I wrapped my own around her, and pulled her close.

 "Please remember, Isa," I whispered, looking into her eyes. Our lips were mere centimeters apart, and it was taking all my restraint to not kiss her. I didn't want to help her cheat, not again. I just needed to her to remember how it had felt, how she'd somehow got everything in me tangled up to the point of insanity.

 Isa's dark brown eyes looked back, and I could it the second she remembered.

 "I kissed you," she muttered, looking down to my lips.

 I let out a light, breathy laugh. Thank God...

 "Yeah, you did. I haven't been able to get it out of my head, Isa. What the hell are you doing to me?" I had to tell her, let her know.

 She looked at me sadly. "Ren, you know this can't happen. Not again, not ever. Please just forget it. Don't make me choose, because it will be Alex. I don't want to lose your friendship, I can't. Please let us forget it. Please."

 I could have said no. I could have said that I wanted to at least try being with her, but reality set in and I knew it would end badly. I wasn't ready for that, maybe I never would be, and I wouldn't make her risk a four-year relationship for me.

 Maybe I was way more drunk than I'd thought, and I'd forget all this in the morning. God, I hoped I would.

 "OK, I'm sorry," I apologized, reluctantly taking a step back. My arms fell to my side. "We'll be fine, I promise." We had to be.

 She gave me a sad smile. "I know. Thank you, Ren. I should get to my dorm. See you tomorrow?"

 I nodded, faking a smile too easily. "Definitely."

 she walked away leaving me alone. I had to get out of this, had to forget about it. So I did the one thing I knew wouldn't hurt me.

 I went looking for a one night stand.

Not sure about any of this, but... yeah.

So... what did you think?:)

LOVE you guys!!!:D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

981K 24.2K 55
❝ I should've listened to my heart. No matter how hard I've tried to push you away, everything leads back to you. My thoughts, the way my heart flutt...
1.4M 35.7K 35
**Previously known as ROOMMATES WITH MR. BAD BOY** Ren Harper is finally on her last year of college. She's a straight A student, she never drinks an...
1.8K 98 44
"So what did you think of the assignment?" He persisted in getting an answer but Bailey had another conversation already in mind. "I noticed you loo...
57.2K 649 9
When Melissa was about to drop out of school because she couldn't afford housing without a roommate, Alex was there. When she needed a personal chauf...