Arknights: My Special Investi...

By TheLazyYu

Though i am just lowkey journalist, i was tasked to head towards Lungmen City to conduct a special interview... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7 (Important news also)
(Chapter 8)
(Bonus)
(Chapter 9)
(Chapter 10)
(Chapter 11)
(Chapter 12)
(Chapter 13)
(Chapter 14)
(Chapter 15)
(Chapter 16)
(Chapter 17)
(Chapter 18)
(Chapter 20)
Reaper
(Chapter 21)
(Chapter 22)
(Chapter 23)
(Chapter 24)
(Chapter 25)
(Chapter 26)
(Chapter 27)
(Chapter 28)
(Chapter 29)
(Chapter 30) What made me do this

(Chapter 19)

999 20 7
By TheLazyYu

"Ah shit." The rookie officer stops walking as he started to search at his pockets.

"I forgot my wallet, you guys go on ahead, I'll make a run for it."

"Alright, don't take too long." Yuuji said and Lucas ran back. "Darn, is this a sign I'm getting old?" He ran upstairs where he left at then goes down...

!!!

He was startled when he was about to lock the door. Lucas got curious as he slowly approached the cranky box.

"Am i seeing things?"

Again, it started to shake itself as if answering his question. "I guess that's a no." He sighed.

Now it's getting more aggressive, like an animal wants to get out from it's cage.

Smoke puffs out as the lid barged open startling. Lucas coughed and swayed his hand trying to get off the smoke from his face.

"Just what in the the-" he paused as he stare down at the sofa there was someone lying there.

"Good Afternoon my Master~" the beauty greeted that made his jaw opened.

"What's taking you so long-" Hoshiguma paused as she stared at the two, particularly to Lucas.

"Wait, this isn't exactly what it looks like she came out from the box!" Lucas tried to explain, but yeah, anyone who enters and saw a defenceless woman lying down like that says everything

"Hoshiguma why did you..." The lupo looks at the rookie and started to curse him. "Die."

"That's a bit too much even if it's just a joke."

Skadi on the other hand was dumbfounded as she just gave a thumbs up.

"Say something woman!"

Of course reacting to jokes or whatever tired him out. The golden-haired woman sat up and giggled. "I apologize for the teasing master.".

"What's with the ruckus?" The woman still couldn't finish her introductions

"Oh come the fuck on, not her!" The young adult screamed as the most fiercest woman arrived.

Slowly Ch'en draws her sword and swings it when.

*Clang*

"!!!" The lung was shocked her sword was blocked by the unknown woman.

"Lay down you sword woman, i will not allow you to hurt him."

"That metal sound when it collided with my sword was so clear, i feel that's a heavy weapon she possessed, and still she can swing that in one arm?"

Ch'en was amazed from this woman strength.

"Hmph, fine then. But first i want an explanation. Who are you?" Ch'en crossed her arms as the woman sheathed her sword. "Very well." She solemnly replied.

"That sudden personality change." Lucas noticed.

"Looks like we just have to order a delivery for our lunch." Yuuji grabs a phone. "Go ahead, I'll join you later, once I'm finished ordering."

"Alright." Hoshiguma said as the rest sat down to begin the discussion.

"Allow me to introduce myself once again. My name is Alice i was a knight and served my majesty years ago." The golden haired woman introduced herself.

"Are you perhaps talking about Solomon?"

Truth is Ch'en wanted to go get straight to the point if this woman has connections with their enemy.

"No i served someone else, all i know he is a wise king and also a high quality mage."

"Mage? Like Timewatch?"

"And why is a knight like you trap in that treasure box?"

"My majesty too is also a mage, and she had seen a prophecy that you may need our help. Now that Lucas-sama has founded us. It's a matter of fact that your enemy will make a move now."

She is referring to Reunion and Solomon's wish. To change this world. Recreate it.

"When you said OUR? What do you mean by that?" Hoshiguma asked as she doesn't want to laugh at communist jokes.

"You have another persona. Am i correct?" Lucas replied with a smile as Alice nods.

"How do you know about that Lucas?" The lung was curious as her partner explained. "Well earlier when you are about to slice my ass off. I was staring at her, particularly i was focused on her eyes. Her eye colour changes."

"Correct." Alice whose eyes colour is pale gold answered in a smile. She placed a hand on her chest and greets them. "I am none other than Makeda, a former queen of Sheba who visited Solomon to hear his knowledge and wisdom."

"I have so many questions right now." Ch'en was speechless.

"Same, regarding that she has two personas, how is that even possible?"

"You must have heard of parallel worlds am i right?" Makeda raised a finger as a virtual globe formed at the center of a table.

"A certain operator told me that." Ch'en answered. "Mhm, so you see Alice is not really my knight, she much came from a different world. And much as i am surprised i have no idea, how she ended up in my world, thus i took her in and was appointed as a commander due to her excellent in combat."

"Before i left my country. I called her over to do an experiment. Which she was very grateful considering that she will be relieved from her duty too as well."

"A spell that lets me transfer my conscious to another person."

They were stunned to hear that something impossible happened that broke the world's normality.

"Sweet Terra, the world is full of mysteries eh?" The oni pressed her temple as she's having focused on the topic when it comes to science, or magic.

"Come to think of it, how do you my name?" Lucas asked, as he didn't even introduced himself. Nor the others called his name when she appeared.

"I know a lot of things, i can even see the past, and the future." Makeda replied.

"Then, may i ask regarding this stupid sickness of mine, will it be cured?"

"Indeed, as long as you keep doing your rehabilitation with Ch'en." She giggled making the two individuals blushed.

"Or perhaps even me or Alice can take over her, if that's what you prefer~" she gave a seductive look as Lucas looks away unable to answer. No in fact. He doesn't want to answer.

Women are scary after all.

"Just wow, Lu. What did you suddenly become?" Hoshiguma gave him a look of sympathy as if someone's misfortune was passed over him.

"Ugh." He sighed as Yuuji comes back finished from the call. "Food will be here soon, looks like i missed it all eh?"

Alice's eyes went back to her blue ones, as the real knight finally takes over. "I-I apologize what my highness i said earlier." Her face tinted red as she heard what Makeda was talking about.

"Water under the bridge." Was all Lucas can said. Meanwhile Skadi was just silent all the time and not dared to ask because.

"I don't get it at all..."

Because she's dumb.

**************************************************************************************

Time has passed as they continue their talk with Makeda.

Since she is very knowledgeable and is also a mage. She also told them what the current situation inside Rhodes Island.

That things were hectic. Lungmen had tightened her security. All elite operators at the land-ship were also sent to work.

Most likely FrostNova was acting in Ch'en's position. Since the lung has been sent here at Siesta to avoid Reunion and Solomon.

But that did not stop them from meeting him. It's like the work of Fate.

"Honestly how can she fit in that small box?" Yuuji said as the two male workers are at the beach holding can of beer, chilling out.

"I had the same idea and question as you do." Lucas gave him a bland look.

"Still, who knew she's such a beauty! Man don't go cheating on Ch'en dude."

"Dude, we are not even dating, what the hell are you talking about?" Lucas said annoyed as he doesn't want to talk about relationships for now. Most likely bothered of what the old hag Kal'tsit said.

"Yeah, but when Breaker proposed that he would have a date with her, your face says it all that time." He hit a nail inside his junior's head.

"I'm just worried for her that's all."

"Now you're being like her." Yuuji rebutted tossing his can at a garbage bin. The same goes for Lucas after chugging down the canned beer.

"I'm heading back.", Lucas said pissed as he left him alone going back to the chalet.

"That definitely is my fault." He scratched the back of his head.

"Yuuji-san, may i talk with you for a second." Alice approached her now wearing a casual dress. "What is that you need Miss Alice?"

"Her highness relied me a message just for you."

"I'm all ears."

...
...
...
...

"It doesn't bother me at all."

Right now Lucas wanted to punch himself and kept asking of why the hell should he care about.

"Fuck!" He cursed and kept thinking whether he should move forward.

He reached the Chalet and find that no one is around except Ch'en who was at the couch fast asleep.

He went towards the couch and leaned his face closer staring at the defenceless lung.

"Darn, just the thought of it is enough to trigger my nosebleed."

And that's also sexual harassment. Well even if he does that, Ch'en will clobber him to death.

Lucas backs out as she saw Ch'en's eyes twitching indicating that she's about to wake up.

"Mmm, Lucas? Where are the others?"

"Obviously on their own world doing shit." He scoffed as the lung rubbed her eyes and noticed that rude replied of his.

"What happened you seem really pissed at something?"

"Yuuji just said something shit and it still annoys me." He sighed sitting beside her.

It was just until then, they couldn't think about anything to speak of, causing the atmosphere to be awkward.

"Hey Ch'en."

"Mhm?" She was startled as the young male officer looks down and asked. "So, how's your day with Breaker?"

"I wouldn't call it like a date to be honest." Ch'en replied as Lucas was relieved to hear that. "He just gave me some important intel that's all..."

"Care to discuss." Intrigued he asked as she didn't hesitate to nod. Well that's because it's just the two of them.

"There's a mole in Rhodes Island."

He put his hand on a chin and started to think. "I see, and you two discussed and enumerated of which person it was."

"We did." Ch'en answered. "Timewatch is out of the answer, since he's dead. It could be Kal'tsit since he doesn't trust her and was hiding something important."

"W even though she's a double agent and is working for Rhodes. There are still information that she haven't released to us fully."

"So she's our main suspect." If they got back to Lungmen. Ch'en will do an investigation regarding them. Most likely she'll file for a leave, since its the best move to stay low.

"Noted... By the way." He paused hesitating to tell her something.

"Is there something on my face?" Ch'en noticed that his eyes are piercing her soul. Though she ain't bothered by it.

"That other night when i stayed at you're home." Lucas was about to tell her of what happened that night.

Of course Ch'en also felt tense as she doesn't remember what happened since the power of alcohol is so strong you can't recall what you did.

"You cried like a baby." Lucas couldn't hold out his laughter as he saw how serious the lung is just to hear an insult.

And that was the time he summoned the strongest mythical creature in Terra.

She possessed a dark aura and her hand was shaking while grabbing the sword. Not because of fear. But anger.

"Y-you!" Ch'en has now blew a fuse as Lucas couldn't stop sweating.

"Sorry for interrupting your friendly banter." Alice arrives along with the lupo who just finished their walk at the beach.

"Saved." He mumbled and backs away from Ch'en. "Lucas-sama, Madam Ch'en. I would like you two to train with me tomorrow."

"Where is this coming from?" The blonde man asked as Alice explained. "You are still inexperienced with the sword. Yet you have potential and there is still time to improve before going back to Lungmen. Therefore it's better to use your time here in getting stronger."

"Yeah, i could use some training too as well." Ch'en also agreed from the knight's plan.

"It's settled get some rest, we'll start early tomorrow."

"Alice, did Miss Makeda told you something regarding the future?" Lucas asked as the golden knight nods with her eyes squinted.

"Yes she told me that..."

"Reunion and Solomon are working together."

To be continued

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18K 330 31
Cos, an unknown man, from another world. He wasn't supposed to exist in Terra. He who has lived for eons mastering the power of time and space. What...
33.3K 1K 48
"It doesn't matter who you are, but if you hurt those that I consider as my family, I show you no mercy" Nobody knows who he really is. He was there...
270 6 6
Following the death of his brother and sister, a man named Dark Crow searches the world to find their killers, But after killing the man, he found th...
1K 26 23
23 year old Human, M, is woken up from a Cryo Stacis chamber, having discovered that he slept for a thousand years, and the world being populated by...