Nothing Without You โ†  Charlie...

By larussos

โ๐€ ๐“๐„๐€๐Œ isn't a bunch of kids out to win; a team is something you belong to, something you feel, somet... More

CAST
I.
II.
III.
IV.
V.
VI.
VII.
IX.
X.
D2.
XI.
XII.
XIII.
XIV.
XV.
XVI.
XVII.
XVIII.

VIII.

817 17 84
By larussos

"HEY. CAN I SIT?" Coach Bombay had walked into the diner Charlie's mom worked at. Charlie and Y/n were sitting at the bar doing homework.

"Sure," Charlie replied, starting to chew on his pencil.

"You guys talk to the team yet?" Coach Bombay asked the two kids.

"We tried. They think we're traitors for even showing up," Y/n answered, looking back at her homework.

The coach sighed, "I guess they really hate me, huh?"

"Is it true you were really a Hawk?" Charlie suddenly asked Coach Bombay. This made Y/n quickly bring her head up.

"Yeah," He replied, looking ashamed.

Charlie took a moment before saying, "Peter said you blew a really big game once." Y/n smacked him on the arm, for she thought it wasn't appropriate to bring up.

"Yeah, well, Peter's right," Coach Bombay has hastily. "It was the last game of the state finals. We were tied 2-2 in the end of the third period. I get a penalty shot. I go in, I triple deke. I fake the goalie right out of his pads."

The coach took a deep breath, "The puck's headed in, and then... Clang! Hits the post. We lost in overtime."

Charlie groaned, knowing what it's like to blow a shot.

"A quarter of an inch this way and it would've gone in. A quarter of an inch!" He finished.

"Yeah, but a quarter of an inch the other way and you'd have missed completely," Y/n stated.

Coach Bombay softly chuckled, "I never thought of it that way."

"At least you got to play in a championship game. God, that must have been so cool," Charlie exclaimed, while fantasizing what it would be like.

Casey walked over to where they were all sitting, "Hey. Can I get you a cup of coffee?"

"I'd love one," Coach Bombay responded, watching her walk away.

"Y'know, she has many fine qualities that men find attractive," Charlie whispered to his coach.

"I know that, Charlie. That fact hasn't escaped me," Coach said with a smile. "So, what kind of guys does she usually date?"

Charlie sighed before answering, "Jerks. I mean, most of them like her, but as soon as they catch a glimpse of me..." He smacked his hands together. "Pow! Warp speed! They are gone!"

"Don't take it personally, Charlie," The coach felt bad for the boy and his mom.

Charlie dryly chucked, "Oh, I wouldn't even care, except it's not fair to my mom. She deserves somebody nice."

He paused and scratched his cheek, "Are you gonna come over for dinner again?"

"I don't know, Charlie. I'm not sure it's such a good idea. See, that's what I wanted to talk to you about," He stopped for a moment. "I, um.. talking to Terry and Jesse's dad, and he's gonna take over coaching for the rest of the year."

"You're quitting?" Y/n exclaimed loudly.

The coach sighed once more, "I'm stepping aside to keep the team together. The guys can't play for somebody they don't trust."

"We trust you! The others do too," Charlie started to tear up. "They just don't know it. You gotta talk to 'em."

"Charlie, I've done all I can," Coach Bombay replied quickly.

"No you haven't. You gotta make 'em understand. You can't walk out on the Ducks. We're your team!" Charlie said with a tear running down his cheek.

The coach put his head down, "No, you're not."

"We are too! We weren't even the Ducks until you came along. You made us and now your stuck with us," Charlie got up from his seat and ran outside.

"Charlie!" Coach yelled after him.

Y/n stood up from her seat as well, looking worried. She furrowed her eyebrows at the man before running after Charlie.

⋅︓︒︑∘∗✧∘︑︒⚬∙︓⋅⠄✯∘⠄✧⠄

It was somewhat unfortunate that the entire team had science class together. That's where they are now.

"That's right. The red is oxygen," The teacher said. "Now, what are the blue balls?"

The class giggled at the teachers comment.

"Tommy?" The teacher asked.

"Hydrogen?" Tommy replied, tilting his head.

The teacher nodded, "Is correct. Now put them together, and you have a molecule that makes up 96% of your body. What is it?"

"Pizza?" Tommy answered, making the class giggle again.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. "It's the principal. I'll be right back. Work on H2 CO3. It's a goody," The teacher said while walking out of the room.

Karp turned around to face Charlie, "How'd the forfeit go, Spaz-way?"

"Yeah, did you score?" Peter teased.

"Leave me alone, guys. I don't want to talk about the team," Charlie pleaded, desperate for quiet.

Peter raised his eyebrows being continuing, "Oh, yeah, sure. Coach's pet. Everybody knows he likes you best."

"Likes his mom, you mean," Karp said with a chuckle.

Charlie hit the things off his desk and held Karp by his collar, "Take it back, Karp! Take it back now!"

Y/n quickly got up and shoved Karp away, "Leave him alone."

"You have no right shoving Karp," Peter shoved Y/n back, making Guy push away his desk to walk up.

"Don't push her, she's a girl!" Guy yelled at Peter.

This resulted in a huge arguing match, which consisted of shoving, throwing fake molecules, shouting, and some people were hiding under their desks.

"My atoms!" The teacher said as he walked back into the classroom with the Principal.

The principal walked over and yelled, "Sit! Sit, now! In your seats, now!"

Everyone scrambled back to their desks, but in the midst of things, Charlies desk was swiped away somewhere, making him have to lean against Goldbergs.

"I have never in my life.. What have you got to say for yourselves?" The principal scolded.

"Quack," A boy said.

"Quack! Quack! Quack!" the team started to shout.

"Enough! Follow me to room 223!" The principal shouted once more.

⋅︓︒︑∘∗✧∘︑︒⚬∙︓⋅⠄✯∘⠄✧⠄

The group of kids were forced to write "I will not quack at the principal" in cursive on the chalkboards.

As they were reading aloud the lines, the door swung open and Coach Bombay appeared.

"What do you want?" Karp asked, hastily.

"I want to talk to you guys," Coach Bombay said, putting his hands on his hips.

"People," Tammy corrected, rolling her eyes.

The coach turned to look at her, "People, right. Sit down, please. All of you."

Everyone in the room just stared at him, some shaking their heads.

"Okay, don't sit down. Look, what's done is done. I want to be your coach again," He stated, while walking around the room.

"You wanna coach a bunch of losers?" Averman smirked at the man.

Coach Bombay looked him right in the eyes, "No, I wanna coach the Ducks.

"What about the things you said?" Karp asked his coach in confusion. "You said we didn't deserve to live."

"Karp, I was being sarcastic," He replied, walking towards Karp. "Do you know what that means?"

"No," Karp said sarcastically, making Coach Bombay chuckle.

"Okay, then you do," Coach paused. "I didn't mean those things the way they sounded. You guys know what it's like to be misunderstood, right?"

Peter replied, "Yeah, of course. We're kids."

"So.. Can you forgive me? Can I be your coach again?" He asked, nervously awaiting their answer.

Guy shrugged, "What about Banks?"

"He can be on the team if he wants. He should have been with us all year. It's you guys who were cheated. But let's forget all that crap! We're a team right?"

"Yeah," The whole team agreed.

The coach walked over to Charlie before saying, "I made you guys, and I'm sticking with you."

Charlie gave him a smile before turning to Y/n and smiling at her too.

Coach Bombay continued, "So, what's it gonna be? We can play tomorrow night and still have a shot at the play-offs... or we can forfeit again and the season's over. Peter, what do you say?"

"Well... I guess it would help if we practiced first," Peter said with a smile.

"All right. Let me see if I can get you out of detention," The coach chuckled once again.

Y/n gave Charlie a high-five and there was some quiet celebration among the team.

"You really quacked at the principal?" Coach asked the kids.

"Yeah," Jesse replied with a chuckle, as the rest of the team smiled.

"Are we ducks or what?" The coach asked with the biggest smile the kids had ever seen on him.

⋅︓︒︑∘∗✧∘︑︒⚬∙︓⋅⠄✯∘⠄✧⠄

Everyone was running around in the locker room, trying to get ready for their next game. The door suddenly opened, revealing a nervous looking Adam Banks.

Right after Banks, Coach Bombay came in, "Hey. I wasn't sure if you'd show up."

"Yeah, whatever," Banks said softly. "I just want to play hockey."

"Ducks, you all know Adam Banks," Coach Bombay introduced, pushing him towards the crowd of Ducks.

Charlie was first to walk forward, "On behalf of the Ducks, I'd like to say welcome."

Suddenly, Jesse stopped Charlie from coming any closer. "Cake-eater," He said.

"Ooh, the Jess-man, dissin' the new guy! The Jess-ster!" Averman started, before Jesse cut him off.

"Shut up, Averman!" Jesse yelled, while walking up to Banks. "Puttin' on a Ducks jersey doesn't mean your a real Duck."

He bumped Adams shoulder with his, walking out of the locker room. The other Ducks walked out, following Jesse. Next was Y/n, with Charlie and Goldberg behind her.

"Sorry about them, Adam. I'm Y/n, nice to meet you," Y/n said to Adam with a smile.

Charlie and Goldberg walked right past Adam.

"I don't get why she wants to be friends with that guy, I mean, he practically is our worst enemy!" Charlie exclaimed to Goldberg.

Goldberg chuckled, "Man, your just worried that now you have some competion."

"Shut up, Goldberg," Charlie replied, hitting him on his helmet.

⋅︓︒︑∘∗✧∘︑︒⚬∙︓⋅⠄✯∘⠄✧⠄

The Ducks were playing the Huskies, with a score of 1-0. The Ducks were in the lead.

"Come on, I'm open!" Adam yelled to his teammates. "Up front!"

"Pass it to Banks!" Coach Bombay yelled from the bench.

Charlie was just trying to avoid the Huskies players, instead of actually passing. "Come on! Do something with it!" Adam yelled again.

Charlie finally passed it over to Banks, who instantly scored. The team cheered from the bench, putting their arms up.

The players on the ice all huddled into Adam, "Way to go, Banks!" Jesse scowled and skated away.

Now, the score was 1-1, with sixteen seconds left on the clock.

"Goldberg, your gonna sit this one out," The coach told his team.

"What? Your pulling the goalie when we're tied?" Connie asked, shocked. The Ducks started to all shout at the same time, trying to complain.

"Listen, listen, listen! A tie isn't gonna help us. We need the win," The coaches words quieted down the Ducks. "Okay, Fulton, your our extra man. Everybody, get the puck to Fulton. That's your job."

Fulton squinted his eyes, "We pulling the Statue of Liberty play?

"No, take your shot," Coach replied. "You many only get one, so it's gotta be good."

"But, coach, one outta one?" Fulton said nervously.

"Soft hands, Fulton," Guy replied, winking to Connie. "Concentration, not strength."

They all gathered to their respected positions. Banks immediately passed to Fulton, but it lead to an opposing player getting the puck.

Fulton pushed that player down and managed to claim the puck. He went into his shooting position but froze.

"Shoot, Fulton, shoot!" Coach Bombay shouted from the bench.

Fulton hit the puck, it flying in a straight path towards the goal. Huskies players leaped out of the way. The puck shot right into the net, leaving a hole.

The Ducks had won.

"We made the play-offs!" Coach shouted happily, as the Ducks celebrated their victory.

⋅︓︒︑∘∗✧∘︑︒⚬∙︓⋅⠄✯∘⠄✧⠄

WORDS: 2011

A/N: this is probably the worst chapter written yet, im just so tired LOL anywayz remember to always slay

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.3K 1K 41
All Adam Banks wanted to do was play hockey. So, what happens when he convinces his best friend to join the Ducks with him? Together they are able to...
77.9K 1.2K 30
"๐™ธ ๐š ๐šŠ๐š—๐š—๐šŠ ๐šœ๐š™๐šŽ๐š—๐š ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š›๐šŽ๐šœ๐š ๐š˜๐š ๐š–๐šข ๐š•๐š’๐š๐šŽ ๐š ๐š’๐š๐š‘ ๐šข๐š˜๐šž, ๐™ป๐šž๐š’๐šœ." "๐™ด๐šก๐šŠ๐šŒ๐š๐š•๐šข ๐š ๐š‘๐šŠ๐š ๐™ธ ๐š ๐šŠ๐šœ ๐š๐š‘๐š’๐š—๐š”๐š’๐š—๐š." ใƒปใ€‚ใƒปใ‚œโ˜…ใƒป...
326K 4.7K 31
"๐™ธ ๐š‘๐šŠ๐š๐šŽ ๐š‘๐šŽ๐š› ๐š ๐š’๐š๐š‘ ๐šŠ๐š•๐š• ๐š–๐šข ๐š‘๐šŽ๐šŠ๐š›๐š. ๐š‚๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š’๐šœ ๐š–๐šข ๐šŽ๐š—๐šŽ๐š–๐šข ๐šŠ๐š—๐š ๐™ธ ๐šŠ๐š– ๐š‘๐šŽ๐š›๐šœ, ๐š‹๐šž๐š ๐š’๐š ๐šข๐š˜๐šž ๐š๐šŠ๐š›๐šŽ ๐š•๐šŠ๐šข ๐šŠ ๐š๐š’๏ฟฝ...
28.6K 296 22
๐“ฆ๐จ๐ง๐๐ž๐ซ๐ฅ๐š๐ง๐ . . . ๐“‚ƒ เฃชห– ึดึถึธ๐€” โช hockey imagines โซ โ we found wonderland, you and i got lost in it. and we preten...