ALMOST

By popularfanfics

"Let's not even exchange names.. we aren't going to see each other anyway after this.." - Taehyung "Can't we... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Mr. 200 dollars
Chapter 2 - Turtle Rabbit
Chapter 3 - Another coincidence, another embarrassment
Chapter 4 - A Favor
Chapter 5 - Sweets
Chapter 6 - Sleep over
Chapter 7 - Return the favor
Chapter 8 - Something
Chapter 9 - Greater
Chapter 10 - His happiness
Chapter 11 - Similar yet different
Chapter 12 - It was destiny
Chapter 13 - Her family, his home
Chapter 14 - Friendship and Love
Chapter 15 - Five minutes
Chapter 16 - One after another
Chapter 17 - Breaking Up and Breaking Down
Chapter 19 - Their Past
Chapter 20 - From 'sorry' to 'thank you'
Chapter 21 - That thing called 'ex'
Chapter 22 - Still in love
Chapter 23 - Never Again
Chapter 24 - Don'ts
Chapter 25 - Her question, his answer
Chapter 26 - Pure and Sincere
Chapter 27 - Returning to him
Chapter 28 - Lovely moments
Chapter 29 - Their very first
Chapter 30 - Till the end

Chapter 18 - Time flies

645 57 42
By popularfanfics

Five years later..

Jungkook knocked on the door.

“Come in..” the woman’s voice answered.

He opened the door and found Lisa sitting on her CEO’s chair.

“Wooow.. are you really the Lisa who once peed in her pants in gradeschool?”

Lisa rolled her eyes.

“Keep talking about that if you want to get dragged out by my bodyguards..” she said closing the laptop before folding her arms.

RM came in just a few seconds later.

“Our CEO is here.. what a spacious office you’ve got..” he said as he looked around.

Lisa smiled embarrassedly.

It’s her first day of work as the CEO after taking over her dad’s company.

She worked as a regular employee for four years and now.. she’s become what her parents wanted her to be..

“You used to copy all my homework before but look at you-..” Jungkook was whispering to himself when RM nudged him with his elbow.

“Don’t you remember that you work for her now?” said RM smiling.

Jungkook covered his mouth.

Why does he keep forgetting that he’s the manager of the marketing team of Lisa’s company?

“RM oppa.. he keeps on teasing me that I want to fire him..” said Lisa frowning. “If only he weren’t good at his job.. I wouldn’t hesitate to ask him to leave..”

RM laughed.

“Good thing Jungkook is really clever at anything he does otherwise he’d be jobless..” he said as he patted Jungkook’s back.

“But.. is Taehyung oppa coming? I sent him a message last night..” said Lisa as she sat on the couch across them.

“He said he was on his way here already..” said Jungkook. “He must have finished his class late again..”

“Or maybe that woman is still clinging onto him..” said Lisa sighing. “I really hate her.. how can she follow him everytime? She even had to teach at the same university as him and said it was a coincidence!”

RM held his hands together.

“If Taehyung is fine with it then we cannot say anything against that Lisa..” he said smiling a little. “Let’s admit it.. Mina is an attractive woman..”

Jungkook nodded his head.

“She’s pretty to be honest.. so there’s a chance that Taehyung hyung is letting her follow him around because he also likes her..”

Lisa sighed.

“Men must be really blind.. can’t you see that Taehyung oppa is still into Jis-..?”

Then they heard a knock on the door.

Taehyung came in.

“I’m sorry I’m late..” he said smiling.

He noticed them staring at him as if they had seen a ghost.

“W-what.. is it?” he asked clueless.

Then he gave the bouquet of flowers he was holding to Lisa.

“Congratulations Lisa..” he said before sitting down.

Lisa cleared her throat.

“Thank you oppa..” she said smiling as she held the flowers. “You’re the only one who always gives me flowers..”

“I sent you a cake yesterday, didn’t I?..” said RM turning to her.

Lisa looked at Jungkook.

“Me? Don’t I work hard for you?” said Jungkook flustered.

Should he have bought a gift for her when it’s her who gives him a salary?

“Anyway.. where are we celebrating tonight?” asked Jungkook changing the topic immediately. “How about we go somewhere to dance? We haven’t gone to a club in a while..”

Lisa agreed.

“Well.. that’s not a bad idea.. there’s a popular club these days..”

————————

Jisoo pushed the door gently and peeked her head inside.

“Mom!” she said smiling wide as she waved her hand. “Is dad here? Is he working?”

It may seem like a dream.. but this time it isn’t..

Mirae ran to her and hugged her tightly.

“My daughter is here.. did you come back just now?” she asked holding Jisoo’s face tightly.

That’s right.. Mirae, Jhope’s mother.. and Mike, Jhope’s father..

Jisoo has forgiven them for what they did to her parents 15 years ago..

She asked herself why at first..

Why does she need to forgive those two people who hurt her parents enough to kill them?

Other people would say they would never forgive them..

But she has more reasons to love them than to hate them..

And being Jhope’s parents was enough of a reason for her..

Mirae and Mike lost their only son and she.. lost both of her parents..

That’s why she has been taking care of them and they have been doing the same to her..

“How was your flight? I didn’t know you’d be back this morning.. I should have prepared some lunch for you..” said Mirae as she lead her to sit on a chair. “Look at this heavy luggage you’re holding.. was it tiring?”

Jisoo shook her head.

“I enjoyed my stay in Paris with my colleagues.. and I also learned a lot from them..” she replied as she looked around. “How about your shop? I can see that there are many customers even today..”

Mira smiled.

Jisoo gave them this coffeeshop as a gift two years ago as soon as she had her first paycheck.

Mike saw Jisoo from the cashier and went to greet her immediately.

“Why didn’t you tell me my daughter is here already?” asked Mike to Mirae. “Shall I bring some coffee to my daughter?”

Jisoo chuckled.

“May I have one americano please?” she asked holding her hands together. “But I’m afraid I don’t have money with me right now..”

Mike laughed.

Jisoo pushed her luggage towards him.

“I will pay with this instead..”

Mike’s brows furrowed.

“I bought a lot of wine that you like and also lots of souvenirs for mom..” said Jisoo smiling wide.

“Why did you buy stuff for us again? I told you we don’t need anything..” said Mirae hitting her on her arm lightly. “I told you to buy something for yourself instead and-..”

“I don’t need anything either.. that’s why I buy things for you..” said Jisoo pouting.

“You should save money for your future wedding..” said Mirae.

Mike held Mirae’s arm.

“Who said I’m letting her get married? No one can marry my only daughter!” he said aloud.

Jisoo chuckled.

“See? Dad doesn’t want me to get married yet..” she said finding them ridiculous.

They were still having a nice conversation when Jisoo’s phone rang.

“Is it that man? Go on and answer him first..” said Mirae smiling.

Jisoo nodded before excusing herself to take the call.

“Which man?” asked Mike. “Why do you look happy that our daughter is talking to a man?”

Mirae hit his arms.

“That’s the man who helped her four years ago.. that friend she has kept in touch with all these years..” said Mirae.

Mike sighed.

“A friend is just a friend.. if it’s someone who likes our daughter, it’s a different matter..” he replied. “At times like this.. I wish our son were also here so he could scare Jisoo’s suitors..”

Mirae remained silent for a moment.

“I’m sure he’s looking over her somewhere.. he loved his bestfriend like a real sister..” she said smiling.

Meanwhile, Jisoo went out of the coffeeshop to answer the call.

“Oppa.. I came to the coffeeshop just now.. don’t worry I don’t need help..”

Jisoo was smiling as she talked to him.

It was all thanks to him that she is doing well..

If he hadn’t helped her back then,  she wouldn’t have come this far..

“Tomorrow night? I was just planning to organize some stuff in the morning at the shop then I should be free for dinner..”

————————

“It’s been a long time since we last gathered like this to drink..” said Jungkook raising his glass. “Congratulations to our CEO!”

Lisa raised her glass.

“I’ll pay for tonight so drink to your hearts’ content!”

The four friends started drinking.

“Hyung.. only two glasses for you, okay?” said Jungkook turning to Taehyung who was drinking his first glass.

Taehyung chuckled.

“You three can bring me home anyway.. I can drink how much I want tonight..” he said as he poured himself another glass.

Jungkook sighed.

“I’m just afraid you’d be too drunk again.. what if you go into another person’s room and-..?”

RM covered his mouth.

“Drink all you want Taehyung..” he said as he let go of Jungkook.

“That’s right oppa.. I’ll call a driver for us so let’s just get wasted tonight..” said Lisa ordering more drinks.

An hour later..

“Look at him.. he must be suffering a lot..” said Lisa shaking her head as she looked at Jungkook who was laughing while crying.

“He must gone crazy at your company.. are you giving him a hard time?” asked RM laughing at his friend. “How did he get drunk before Taehyung did?”

Lisa smiled.

“I know right.. Jungkook must be getting weak..” she said as she turned to Taehyung who was drinking silently.

“Taehyung oppa.. are you okay? Are you drunk?”

Taehyung put his glass down.

He was also getting drunk.. his head was feeling a little heavy..

RM chuckled.

“He’s also drunk..” he said grinning.

Lisa cleared her throat.

“Taehyung oppa.. I have something to ask you..” she said leaning forward to him.

She knows she can never ask this when he’s sober so she better ask him right now.

Taehyung looked at her.

“Oppa.. you.. still love Jisoo, don’t you?”

RM was surprised at her boldness.

But that was a question he has also been curious about..

Taehyung has never dated anyone again after Jisoo..

Well.. he is often seen with Mina but they have never been alone together.. they were usually with their other colleagues or sometimes with him and Jungkook and Lisa..

So it can’t be really considered as “going out together..”

He and Lisa were looking forward to his answer..

But Taehyung was just remaining silent until his eyes closed and his head fell back.

Lisa let out a sigh.

That was too much suspense!

“He must have been too drunk..” she said smiling a little.

RM grinned.

“Or maybe he didn’t know the answer either..” he said in a low voice.

Lisa turned to him.

“What did you say oppa?” she asked raising her brows.

RM shook his head.

“Nothing.. I said we should start calling for drivers..” he said.

Lisa nodded.

“I almost forgot.. do you have anything planned for tomorrow night? Dad told me to invite you for dinner..”

RM bit his lower lip.

“I already have a dinner planned with someone.. I’m sorry..” he answered.

Lisa looked disappointed.

“Taehyung oppa is also having a dinner with his colleagues.. then Jungkook is the only one who can come? I’m so tired of seeing him everyday..” she said sighing.

“But.. who are you meeting?”

RM smiled a little.

“Just.. a friend.. an old friend..”

Lisa’s eyes thinned.

“An old friend that can make you blush like this?” she said laughing. “I haven’t told you this yet but you seemed to be in love..”

RM’s eyes widened.

“Who is in love? My cheeks have turned red because I drank..” he said denying.

Lisa laughed.

“Look at you getting embarrassed..” she said having fun teasing him. “As long as she makes you happy then we don’t care who she is..”

After suffering with his relationship with Irene years ago, neither RM has dated anyone.

And seeing him happy because of another woman also makes her happy..

So she doesn’t really care whoever that is..

RM sighed as he glanced at Taehyung.

“Someone does..” he said to himself. “Someone will..”

————————

A day has already passed since Jisoo came back to Seoul.

Why do days pass really quickly here while a day in Paris felt like a whole year?

Is it because she’s finally back home?

It was already late in the afternoon..

Jisoo was checking all the details of her pastry shop..

She smiled seeing the last table being brought inside.

“You can just put it there.. thank you..” she said to the delivery man.

She looked around and her eyes almost teared up.

She still can’t believe she is finally opening her first pastry shop!

While this isn’t exactly her dream.. still, this is something she liked since the past and also she has always loved eating desserts..

The feeling of doing something she has been working hard on is really satisfying..

She studied hard abroad for two years.. and she got accepted as an assistant at a famous pastry shop immediately..

It was almost a miracle..

Someone like her has become a pastry chef..

She learned and had a lot of experience there and now she wants to put it into practice..

She finished decorating each and every table and was about to go to the kitchen when she heard someone call her name..

She turned to him with a smile..

“You came, RM oppa?” she said walking towards him.

RM.

That friend who has helped her all these years.

They met by pure chance a year after she broke up with Taehyung.

She didn’t want to accept any help from him at the start.. but she realized his intentions were sincere..

He lent her money to study abroad, he supported her and eventually they became close friends.

And now thanks to him, she’s about to open her very first shop..

“Wow.. this shop looks pretty just like the owner..” said RM smiling as he handed her a bouquet of sunflowers.

Jisoo gladly accepted it.

She smiled as she stared at those flowers.. they remind her of her mother..

RM oppa must have bought tgem purposely..

“Thank you..” she said. “I didn’t know you’d come here today.. we were supposed to meet at dinner anyway..”

RM looked around.

“I was curious to what it looks like.. that’s why I came here without notice..”

Jisoo smiled.

“Since you’re already here, how about you taste some of the cakes I baked this afternoon.. and tell me your honest opinion..”

RM agreed.

He sat as he waited for Jisoo to bring the desserts.

How could time fly this fast? He can still remember vividly that time he met her at the hospital and saw her in that difficult state..

He had no other thing in his mind back then but to help her.. he honestly did it on behalf of Taehyung.. as his friend.. as someone who also knew her..

He felt bad seeing her going through depression after everything that happened to her..

That’s right.. Jisoo went into depression five years ago..

She lost her mom and her bestfriend at the same time and her breakup with Taehyung didn’t help her at all.. plus.. there was that matter about Taehyung’s parents..

Taehyung.. of course he did think of telling him about meeting her.. but Jisoo clearly told him not to even mention her name in front of him..

She was extremely guilty about what had happened to his parents during that time..

And so he silently helped her and eventually grew fond of her.. as a friend.. of course..

“How is it?” asked Jisoo curiously as she stared at him. “Is it too sweet?”

RM shook his head.

“I’m not really into desserts but this is really good..” he said giving a thumbs up. “I’ll buy this for my parents..”

Jisoo laughed.

“Then make sure to come to the opening tomorrow, okay?” she said smiling.

“Of course I’ll come after work..” he said nodding. “How about-..?”

He seemed hesitant to continue.

“What?” asked Jisoo. “How about what?”

RM shook his head.

“Nothing.. we should go for dinner in a few..”

Telling her he’d bring his friends would be too much, right?

Jisoo looked at the time.

“Ohh.. that’s right.. I’ll go home and change first..” she said grabbing her bag in a hurry.

RM chuckled.

————————

Taehyung has just finished his last class.

He looked at his watch.

He still had 2 hours before his dinner with his colleagues.

Should he go home first? He doesn’t want to wait outside the restaurant for a long time..

He was putting his books away when Mina came inside.

“Professor Kim.. shall we go together to our dinner?” she asked smiling. “I have also finished my class..”

Taehyung took a deep breath.

Although he doesn’t want to think about it, only the blind will not notice that Mina has something for him.

She has been working as a language professor for two years at the same university as him..

“I was planning to go home first..” said Taehyung turning to her. “I think we should meet there directly..”

That’s why he keeps trying to avoid being with her alone..

Some students have been pairing them up for a while and he doesn’t think it’s appropriate for both of them to be wrapped up with such rumors..

Mina looked disappointed.

“I was wondering if you could help me buy a gift for my father before going to dinner..” she said lowering her gaze.

Taehyung sighed.

Well.. it won’t kill him to help her buy a gift..

“Alright.. I’ll help you.. there should be a shopping mall near the restaurant we reserved.. we can take a look there..”

Mina smiled widely.

“That’s great.. I was thinking of buying a watch..” she said as her eyes went to his watch. “The one you’re wearing is also nice.. maybe I should buy something like that..”

Taehyung held his watch.

“A watch must be a good choice, right?” said Mina.

Taehyung nodded his head.

“That’s right.. you should buy him a watch so he can hold onto it whenever he misses you..”

Mina’s brows narrowed.

———————-

“I’m sorry I had to drag you with me to buy some teaspoons..” said Jisoo to RM as she paid at the cashier.

How could she forget on ordering them when her pastry shop is about to open tomorrow?

RM shook his head.

“It’s fine.. it’s still early anyway.. the dinner can wait..” he said laughing at her after seeing her panic earlier.

“I usually go shopping alone because I take a lot of time on choosing what I buy..” said Jisoo as she held the paperbag in her hand.

RM took it away from her.

“Let me hold it for you.. this is heavy..”

Jisoo smiled.

“I was going to ask you anyway..” she said joking.

RM’s lips curled up seeing her comfortable with him now.

He remembers how awkward they were before.. even breathing in front of her was hard back then..

“Could you wait here while I go to the toilette?” asked Jisoo. “I think I touched too many things that my hands have become sticky..”

“Do you want me to hold onto your bag?” asked RM hesitantly.

Jisoo gave it to him right away before hurrying to wash her hands.

RM stared at her white shoulder bag for a second.

Why does it seem like Lisa’s style for some reason?

They must have the same preference..

He was waiting outside the toilette when he heard someone call him..

“RM oppa..”

It was Mina.

“How have you been oppa?” she asked bowing her head. “Are you alone-..?”

She noticed the ladybag he was holding.

“You must be with your girlfriend..” she said smiling.

RM looked flustered.

“I’m with a friend..” he said nervously.

He knows that Mina and Jisoo were classmates at the university and Jisoo might not want to meet anyone from the past at this moment.

But he became more flustered when he saw Taehyung coming from behind.

“Hyung..” he called him softly. “What are you-..?”

His eyes immediately went to that familiar white bag.

And the more he looks at it, the more familiar it becomes to him..

And he became certain of it when he heard that gentle and sweet voice..

“Oppa.. I’m sorry.. there were too many people inside that I-..”

Jisoo stopped on her feet.

Before her stood the man she has been trying to avoid all these years..

The man she loved.. and the man she hurt..

Taehyung..

He was looking at her intensely.. his eyes filled with emotions.. and confusion..

He looked fine.. he didn’t change a lot.. maybe he lost some weight but that only made him appear more mature..

He was wearing a white shirt and he folded its sleeves just like what he always did in the past..

Then something caught her eyes..

His watch..

She gave it to him on their birthday five years ago..

He’s still wearing it..

Has he been holding onto it all this time?

Jisoo turned her head away from him before she could be reminded of the past even more..

There was silence between them..

Until she heard a woman’s voice..

“Kim Jisoo.. it’s you, right?”

Jisoo turned to the woman beside Taehyung..

She didn’t notice her at first.. she didn’t see her at all.. she couldn’t recognize her..

Her throat moved fast..

Mina..

Of all women in the world.. why does it have to be the one who sent her out of Taehyung’s life?

The cause of their breakup.. the reason why she had to quit college..

Mina must be happy.. it seems like she finally got what she wanted..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.7K 259 16
PARK JIMIN: He is the love of my life. When I was lost, he became my Star. But I love night sky too. I want both but what will happen when he will k...
68.4K 4.1K 63
"W-wait! Taehyung, move!" Jisoo warned Taehyung but it was too late. Jisoo landed on her bully, Taehyung, their lips touching. They were stunned an...
3.6K 440 22
Taehyung and Jisoo had been inlove. HAD. Things didnt work out. That's just that. Jisoo took it all the pain and moved on. Taehyung accepted everyth...
500K 23.8K 63
He cut her off in between and looked right into her eyes. "You want me to strike a deal with you?" He raked his eyes over her from head to toe and s...