Alpha In Blood

Par Raven13reads

At eighteen years old, without finding her mate in her own pack, Ezra Wyatt is recruited to join the army. I... Plus

Alpha In Blood
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18

Chapter 11

88 6 2
Par Raven13reads

Our first day of baiter training was suppose to start in five minutes. I could see four of the girls huddled in the far corner of the male division grounds with about four dozen men surrounding them.

My feet stay firmly planted at the gate, refusing to moving in any further. Dread was beginning to seep into my very bones when I thought of being one of the seven females, outnumbered 1 of us to about seven of them. I saw no future of this going well and as I was seeing the harassing had already begun.

Pushing past me, Gracie walks onto the grounds nose turnt to the sky, strutting in like she was the one in charge.

As she drew more in and her presence became noticeable, I see a good few of the males forgo the cowering females and focus their efforts on her. She ignores them but that doesn't hinder them from hounding her like ants on fallen ice cream.

She paves the way, going to seat on the benches, the other girls gaining some confidence upon her demonstration and move to seat around her.

She really was extraordinary and I had no qualms in admitting it.

I am unable to find the same drive however to compel my feet forward opting to stand at the gate until the last second.

The crunching of leaves and snapping of debris alert me to the person, creeping along the fence, spying inside timidly.

"They don't bite." I tease as Camille slowly crawls her way to the entrance of the grounds, debating with every step to tuck tail and run.

"They actually do... and more. Also real funny coming from the one loitering at the entrance." I give her a nasty look, happy to call her out but despising when the tables turn.

"So are we going in?" She asks after we stand there for a good minute nervously peering deeper in at the males who openly vie for the girls more so Gracie's attention.

"Sometimes I consider trying to escape the compound, I think today might be the day I finally go through with it." I stare at the walls which were so high you could just barely see the tops of the huge trees that lay in the woods outside it. I grew apprehensive at the thought of scaling it when I see the shining, metal hoops of barbwire lining the top.

"On second thought maybe going in doesn't seem so bad." Camille steps behind me a clear sign to lead the way. My feet don't move until on the other side I spot Beta Silver walking in through the opposite gate then all of sudden I'm sprinting to the benches.

The men had all sorted themselves out in an orderly fashion, taking position in the middle of the grounds, head lowered as Beta Silver approached.

I joined the girls in admiring his appearance, dressed in a black shirt that latched onto his muscles sexily and grey sweat pants. His hairs was more distressed than usual, though it always looked unruly pushed back, today it looked even more untamed, stray tendrils falling onto his face and searing us with his golden gaze.

Being able to silence and control men who acted so tough and ruthless with just a gaze was an ability I envied. Not for the sake of controlling them but having them show me respect, not even at the level of a superior but as a person equal to them.

"Today and up until Alpha Fallon sees fit, these females will be joining our training. I expect that you will show them due respect." His voice booms over the assembled males lined up on the terrain, heavy-lifting equipment and machines composing their background.

"YES SIR!"

Liars. Filthy, freaking liars all of them.

The moment the authority turned their back they showed their true colors. Enough experiences at the showers had taught us to never trust these males who looked so serious and admirable on the surface but left unmonitored were good for nothing, disgusting dogs.

I surveyed the people who we were expected to work along side, seeing only monsters. It was true not all participated and thus not all the male warriors should be held accountable for the vile conduct of others but since there was no real way of filtering out the good from the bad, I was okay with throwing them all in the same bracket.

Even if they didn't do it, they made no effort to stop their peers when they came back bragging about how they defiled an innocent female or openly tormented them.

Out of the dozens of men, I'm able to pin point the one male, I observed from afar when I spied on their workouts. Long-dark hair, slender figure and stunning blue eyes, somehow his features were unique amongst the variety of different males around him.

"Conduct the morning drills while I sort them out." Beta Silver instructs and they waste no time breaking off from the organized positioning, to fiddle with the machines and attack each other.

"Are you all aware what is required of a baiter?" Beta Silver asks addressing us now that the males were occupied.

"No sir, I would appreciate if you explained it explicitly. Alpha Fallon omitted a lot of information in his address yesterday." Gracie responds meeting the Beta's eyes as she spoke, bowing her head as she concluded.

"Huh so he didn't tell you all..." Beta Silver drifts off, seeming to be talking more to himself than us.

"As baiters you will be tasked with distracting enemy warriors, especially the stronger ones like Betas." I couldn't help but pick up on how he was being cautious with his words like he was preparing to broach an inappropriate topic.

"That was what basic female training entailed, how exactly does this differ from that?" Gracie speaks for all of us.

"The methods will be different and one constitutes more risk so to say..."

"How so?" She continues probing and I can see Beta Silver's hesitancy to expound on the subject but after a second he seemed to just say 'fuck it'.

"You all will be taught to use your heat to lure men away from battle."

I don't think I was imagining it cause I could have sworn my jaw just hit the floor. Everyone else seemed taken aback by what they were hearing even Gracie's titanium exterior shook a little.

"Excuse me?" First to recover is of course Gracie, who now had an arsenal of questions lined up for the Beta even another girl, whose name I didn't know raised her hand.

Beta Silver suddenly lost the easy-going attitude, expression hardening with a serious air wrapping around him. Gracie immediately halted her assault and the benches grew dead silent. A few men exercising off in the distance turned to stare as the Beta made it clear that though he was allowing us to speak freely and ask questions, we were to go about it respectfully.

He didn't even have to do anything, no dominant aura, just the moment he got serious, everyone fell in line.

"You have concerns bring it up with your Alpha. Now as I was saying, I will help with developing control over your heat so that it may be used as a weapon for the pack."

A weapon? In my eighteen years this was the first time hearing the monthly occurence prohibited strictly to females referred to as a weapon. An inconvenience? Yes. A source of weakness? On the regular. The reason men couldn't control themselves? In every case to avoid accountability.

Heats was a time every three months where a females fertility was at it's highest. For a few days to a week, females would emanate a scent meant to entice a mate or in the circumstance you were unmated, any viable male in order to reproduce. The scent had no effect on blood related family.

During this period females were a lot more sensitive and the effects were normally so strong it would often make one settle for any available male willing to lie with them.

A guy you would reject any other day, would suddenly becoming the most appealing creature just to appease the burning sensation which drove you crazy. You could often lose sense of your surroundings and what was happening almost like being intoxicated.

It was one of the many reasons, females were viewed as weak. Not only did we need a male to help to us during this time, the desperate desire would often drive us to do things we would never think ourselves capable of. Females would normally be kept hidden during this time, as not to attract unwelcomed attention. I had heard that between mates it was a completely different experience but I wouldn't know.

Heats were uncontrollable they occurred on a three month cycle, so I couldn't quite understand what Beta Silver meant by developing control of it at will.

"Delilah you may come in!" All eyes turn to the gate, as a meek figure blows in like the wind was the one carrying her along.

She was skin and bone, gracefully long, pin straight hair reaching down to her heels, the shiny black colour reminded me of someone else and my eyes sought out the male whose hair looked identical. Her face was ghostly pale, blue eyes looking dull as they glanced around skittishly and her face was hollow like she didn't get much to eat.

"Greetings everyone." Her voice is small, if not for wolf hearing I wouldn't be able to make out a word of what she was saying.

A chorus of 'Hi' and 'Hellos' reply to her.

"Delilah is a werewolf who works with spells and herbs. Over the years she has tried and tested a remedy that will allow you guys to summon your heat at will."

Her hands reach for the satchel hanging at her side, lifting the flap to expose a bunch of funny looking bottles and flowers.

"Who would like to go first?"

---
Double upload :) the story has been flowing well and I've been able to manage a daily upload schedule. I hope I'm able to continue going forward like this. Thanks for all the reads and the people who have taken the time to vote, comment and add the story to their reading lists. I appreciate it so much.

Shout out to my biggest supporter LoveNicky4ever for interacting with the story so much. It motivates me greatly to keep on writing.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

797K 21.9K 40
Book One Nikita Anderson, a young werewolf from the Blood Moon pack. Shortly after her twentieth birthday she soon realizes that she is mated to none...
2.8M 53.6K 35
Alexandra, a human living in a pack of werewolves. When she turns 18, she is rejected by her mate for her sister. The pain was unbearable so, she ran...
117K 2.6K 20
Luna is part of the Blue Moon pack, sworn enemies of the Black Thorn pack. She has just come of age. It is time for her to find a mate. What happens...
96K 4.7K 22
Sent out in a secret undercover mission. Gabe is in search of answers. Along the way, he is captured and taken prisoner. Will the woman, who is his m...