For You I Will #1- The Philos...

By AOMG17

Male Reader x Hermione Granger. #1 Hermionexmalereader (13/12/21) #1 Philosophersstone (16/2/23) #1 MagicalC... More

Character Backgrounds
Birthday Surprises
Family Time and Diagon Alley
Back to Reality
Revelations
Secret Mission
Hogwarts Express
The Sorting Ceremony to end all Sorting Ceremonies
Morning Routine
First Class
A Familiar Face
A Tragic Backstory
The Fluffy Aftermath
Snape Snape Severus Snape
Hagrid's Hut
Getting Ready for Flying Class
But First Years Never Make the House Team
Glimpse into his world
Not Such a Quiet Weekend
Mission underway and a birthday Surprise
King of the Snakes and a Birthday Extravagance
Fluffy, The Mightiest Cerberus
Troll in the Dungeons
Quidditch
Total Drama Hogwarts
Unexpected Encounters
Christmas Break
You Dont Want to Diasppoint Me Boy!
A New Partner
Gryffindor vs Hufflepuff
Whispered Conversations
Norbert
Fight in the Forbidden Forest
Meet My Friends
An Unexpected Twist
Camping Trip: The Lake
Camping Trip: The Ocean
Leviathan
We've Got a Problem
He's Awake
Heartbreak
An Unexpected Reward and a Much Needed Reunion
I'm Going in Tonight
Battle in the Chamber
"Who the Hell is Y/N?"
Quidditch Final
Decisions
Where to From Here?
House Cup
Centaur Warnings
Last Day in the Reserve
Exam Results
Express Home and Goodbyes
Thanks

He is not our enemy

2.8K 157 29
By AOMG17

It was the first Saturday evening since returning back to Hogwarts and Hermione was sat in the common room talking with Ron and Lavender. She was sat across from the pair on the groups favourite couches.

It was nearly 9:00pm and Hermione was extremely worried about Y/N. He had been up since 5:00am doing his usual routine but insisted Hermione couldn't come on weekends, that she deserved a sleep in. Hermione loved that he cared so much and wanted her to rest but she wished he would give himself the same break.

She had met with him briefly at breakfast before he headed to the dungeons for his 'detention' with Snape. He didn't return until lunch time. He quickly ate before being dragged to Quidditch training.

No one was allowed to watch- Wood had caught Maisy and Hermione in the stands during the week and had been acting crazily paranoid since, convinced other houses were spying on the team.

He had even stated that Maisy being in the Gryffindor common room was a Slytherin conspiracy. Hermione giggled at the memory of Y/N's face when Wood had said that. It took quite a lot of handholding and kisses on the cheek to calm Y/N down when he wanted to knock Oliver out.

He and Harry had came to dinner with the rest of the team, quickly ate and then had to head straight back out to the pitch for more training.

They finally arrive back in the common room. The rest of the team grumbled and headed up to the dorms as Y/N and Harry headed towards their three friends. Y/N collapsed on the couch next to Hermione and Harry leant on the arm of the couch Ron and Lavender were sitting on.

Hermione smiled widely as she hugged him tightly and her head went to its natural position on Y/N's chest. She listened to his heartbeat which always made her feel calm, safe and protected. She smiled even more when she felt him kiss her on the top of her head.

"You ok?" she asked tenderly.

"Yeah I'm alright thanks 'Mione. Just tired and..."

Y/N was interrupted by Harry suddenly blurting out:

"Snape's the referee for our match against Hufflepuff".

Hermione felt Y/N sigh in frustration as Ron yelled out:

"Don't play"

"Pretend you're ill" Lavender added

"Pretend you broke your leg" Ron suggested foolishly.

"Really break your leg." Y/N snapped.

The four looked at Y/N, concerned with his angry tone of voice and the glare in his eyes.

"What?" Y/N added.  "It's as smart as pretending. Besides I've told you over and over Harry. He is not our enemy. If he's been made referee then it's to keep a closer eye on you".

Ron scoffed and Y/N ticked past 10 on the frustration level. Hermione wrapped her arms around his waist. Partially because she really wanted to, but also because she wanted to hold him down. She'd seen this look in his eyes before.

Y/N smirked at Hermione briefly before glaring back at Ron and Harry again, stating aggressively:

"Alright I've had enough of this. I'm not gonna mention it again. But at the end of all this when it's not Snape you both need to agree to never doubt me again. Deal?"

"Yeah fine/ok whatever" Harry and Ron muttered at the same time. Harry added:

"Besides I have to play. We don't have a backup"

Just as Harry finished there was a banging and commotion coming through the Common Room portrait door. The group looked to see Neville hop through, his legs stuck together.

"What happened Nev?" Y/N asked as Hermione released her grip and he rushed over, stopping Neville from falling over before quickly uttering the counter jinx and releasing Neville's legs.

"Malfoy. I was leaving the library when his goons grabbed me. He said you wouldn't care Y/N as you only care about half bloods and mud-uh- muggle-borns".

Y/N roared in fury:

"I'm gonna kill him. I'm gonna fucking kill him!"

Y/N exploded and punched the closest wall. Hard. The group heard a loud crack, signifying he had just broken his hand. He pulled it back, leaving a deep indentation in the stone wall as Hermione exclaimed "Y/N!" worriedly and rushed over to him.

She hurriedly yet gently grabbed Y/N's hand and cast:

Episkey

Brachium Emendo

"Is that better?" Hermione asked as Y/N shook his now mended hand.

"Yeah thanks babe-uh-'Mione"

Hermione's mouth dropped open at Y/N's faux pas. She looked at him and noticed he had a genuine look of panic. She hadn't seen him this close to fear before. She smiled as she spoke sweetly:

"Don't mention it but don't do it again".

Y/N smiled and sighed in relief:

"Yes ma'am"

He turned and glared, placing his hand on Neville's shoulder.

"Give me one second Nev"

Y/N's eyes rolled back in his head.

—~—

Draco sat smiling in the common room, looking proudly at Pansy Parkinson next to him:

"You should have seen the fat lump, bouncing away. I-"

Draco stopped mid sentence as his eyes glazed over.

"Draco? Draco!" Pansy asked worried as he paled and suddenly-

Urk!!!

Pansy screamed as Draco covered her in vomit. She ran out of the common room as the rest of the room's inhabitants pointed and laughed at the vomiting first year.

—~—

Y/N's eyes returned to normal as he glared at Neville:

"You've gotta stand up for yourself man!"

Neville looked down as he fought back tears, Hermione adding gently:

"Tell Professor McGonagall"

Neville shook his head and replied:

"I can't. I don't want anymore trouble. I know I'm not a Gryffindor. Malfoy tells me all the time"

His eyes start to water. Y/N sighed:

"Look Nev. You will do great things and show you really belong in Gryffindor. I know it. I have complete faith in you. You're ten times the man that greasy haired prick is. Ok mate?"

Y/N's words sound genuine and sincere, not just a poor attempt at making someone feel better. Neville looked up in pride with tears falling out his eyes and nodded before going up to bed.

Y/N looked up with his hands on his hips and sighed:

"What am I gonna do with him?"

Y/N rubbed his head as he finished speaking.

"It's not up to you to do anything Y/N"

Hermione tried her hardest to reassure Y/N. This was one of his few flaws. The one that worried her the most. Y/N couldn't see a good person in trouble and turn a blind eye. He put too much weight on his own shoulders. He was under enough pressure but tried to solve the world's problems.

Hermione sighed.

"Let's just sit down again. You've got ten minutes of cuddles mister, then it's bed time. I'm worried about you. You're pushing yourself too hard. Tomorrow we are gonna have a nice relaxing day, ok."

Y/N smiled, blushing slightly at Hermione's care. He looked down and said quietly:

"Thanks 'Mione. It really means a lot."

The group went back to the couch, Hermione leaning into Y/N's chest smiling as she spoke with Lavender and Harry. Y/N sat with his eyes closed, gently stroking Hermione's hair as Lavender grinned at the pair. After ten minutes Hermione said:

"Ok Y/N, it's time for bed"

She giggled as Y/N whined like a tired toddler:

"But I want to stay like this. I want to stay with you"

Hermione spoke through her giggles:

"You can spend all day with me tomorrow Y/N, but you need some sleep now."

Harry and Ron laughed at the pair's interaction but it was quickly shut down with one glare from Y/N. Hermione spoke again:

"C'mon off to bed you three. Now"

Her voice was firm enough for Ron and Harry to run up the stairs in fear much to Lavender's amusement. Hermione spoke again, just as firmly:

"Y/N!"

"Fine" Y/N sighed and muttered. Hermione giggled at him.

"What?" Y/N asked.

"You. You're like a grumpy toddler when you're tired" Hermione giggled again. Y/N frowned at her before a smile slowly broke across his face.

"Yeah yeah good night 'Mione. I'll see you in the morning."

Y/N spoke lovingly before kissing Hermione on the head again.

"Night Lav"

"Night big guy" she giggled.

Hermione watched Y/N ascend the stairs to his dorm before turning to Lavender:

"Ready for bed Lav?"

"Not yet. Did you hear what he accidentally called you? Babe!"

Hermione involuntarily squealed much to Lav's delight as she laughed:

"You two are so cute. Can't wait until you are together."

Hermione smiled and blushed:

"Me too Lav. Me too"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.2K 1.4K 8
"Growing up with an abusive father for things beyond his control, and a mother who tried to mediate things while trying to keep him safe at the same...
16.3K 242 27
Right from the start, Harry Potter and Annabelle Potter were separated. They never knew they were siblings. They both never knew they had any family...
339K 18.9K 72
Y/n Grindelwald is boy born into a powerful but feared wizarding family. At the age of 11 he has received his invitation to learn magic at the famous...