ROLAKE (DISCONTINUED)

By Gay4nutella

~~~~~~~~~~~ #I smiled guiltily, about to turn at a corner. "Well-" I started high pitched, getting ready to e... More

Author's note
•1: SS2 Already•
•2: Dem Babes•
•3: I Don't Like Him•
•4: Surprises•
•5: Adekunle•
•5b: Crushes and Bro Hugs•
•5c: Whipped•
•6: Lunch•
•6b: Spice Palace•
•6c: I'm Famished!•
•7: Making Progress•
•8: Fights and Insomnia•
•9: You're a case I swear•
•10: Oh No•
•11: Stay Happy•
•12: Clubs•
•13: Suspicions•
•13b: Sly Motherf*cker•
•15: Unlicensed Snack Supermarket•
•16: Ya Doing Well•
•17: Complicated Species•
•17b: Galaxy Mall•
•18: Talks and Basketball•
•19: Facades•
•20: Bittersweet Nostalgia•
•21: Timiva•
Resumption of updates?🌚
•22: Rubber Duck•

•14: Movie Date?•

164 63 81
By Gay4nutella

[Edited]

Adekunle Orenuga

"Good morning seniors" I said once I stepped into Ss3 A. I didn't want trouble for not greeting. Most of them answered me while some nodded their heads at me and the snubbish ones just acted like I was not there.

"Orenuga bring your ass here!" Senior Dotun shouted at me while I laughed under my breath but still made my way over to where he was.

It's Thursday and also long break, which means, according to my timetable, I'm free for the rest of the day. Earlier on, I had Maths, Geography and Technical drawing. So I'm grateful for the free periods.

"I hear say you join Art club with that fine babe, Rolake" Senior Dotun didn't even waste time by jumping into the gist.

"Yup" I simply said. Details aren't relevant.

"Hmm" Senior Dara simply hummed while looking at me with that his face he always used whenever he tries to decipher something.

"Ahan what na?" I asked looking at the three of them.

"We saw you guys at Spice Palace together, on the field together and now in the same club together. Is someone trying to shoot his shot?" Senior Dayo asked with a teasing smirk on his face while I gasped.

"Have you guys been spying on me?!" I questioned hysterically. Not. Cool.

"That's not your business boy. Answer the question" Senior Dotun said one moment with a serious face and the next with a teasing smile.

"Well that's not your business seniors" I fired back nonchalantly while shrugging.

One moment I am standing and the next I'm being pinned face down to one of the locker tables by Senior Dotun while Senior Dara and Dayo laughed at my expense. Aren't they the best seniors ever? Note my scarasm. Thank you.

"You're using my words against me abi? Ade you're starting to lack respect o" Senior Dotun whispered in my ear, his hands still pinning me down while I just laughed.

"Oya I'm sorry. Senior Dara and Dayo help me beg him na. He's squashing my drip!" I shrieked when he added pressure to my arm.

"Oya free the poor boy. I'm sure he has learnt his lesson" Senior Dayo said while laughing at the scene.

Senior Dotun let go of me and started dusting imaginary dust off his shirt while I winced at the pain and tried to get back to my standing position.

"Ow" I muttered under my breath, wriggled my arm and was back to normal.

"Ehen now that I think about it, that Shatoni is fine o" Senior Dotun said while rubbing his chin in thought. I just gaped at him.

"I don't mind that Folakemi girl too if I'm being honest" Senior Dara said also in 'deep thoughts'.

"But that Deinbof girl set too o" Senior Dayo said also in mock thoughts.

Seriously?!

"So basically, while you guys were spying on me, you were also checking out the girls?" I asked for clearance.

You wanna know what they did?

They shrugged.

They fucking shrugged!

"Unbelievable" I muttered. "What happened to your set girls?" I had to ask.

"Wo see they're just proud peacocks. Dem go dey feel like boss madams. And the annoying thing be say, dem no too carry but dem feel say dem get. I like the self motivation sha" Senior Dotun said and I face palmed. Christ.

"Honestly, younger girls are better. They give you that respect you deserve" Senior Dayo shrugged.

"When they serve you breakfast that is when you'll know" I said.

"Guy see forget that one. Come connect us na" Senior Dotun said and slung his muscled arms over my shoulder.

"Omo ya heavy" I said and lifted his arm away even though he didn't really have much effect on me.

"Rude much" he muttered under his breath.

"You people are on your own o" I said and put my hands up in mock surrender.

"You're right. He lacks manners" Senior Dara said while looking at Senior Dotun. What is he- and I am back to the table. Great!

This time, they laughed really hard.

"Dotun free the boy jhor" I heard someone shout. Sounded like Senior Bukky, female sports prefect.

"Yes ma'am" he said and did as he was told.

"I think I'm gonna leave now" I groaned and turned towards the direction of the door. My arm feels numb.

"Don't forget what we said o" Senior Dotun called from behind me.

"Don't forget what I replied with" I shrugged and kept on walking, slightly increasing my pace in case I get slammed against a locker again.

As I left the Ss3 floor, I went to check my class for Timi or maybe Star. I didn't see anyone of them there so I brought out my phone and texted Timi.

Guy where you dey?
Sent- 11:48

I put my phone back in my school pants and started making my way down the senior block. Before I could even take the last step, I received a message.

Love garden.
Seen- 11:52

Aiit. I'm coming. Are Rolake and her friends there?
Sent- 11:53

Yup.
Seen- 11:54

I turned off my phone and started making my way towards the love garden.

When I got to the entrance, Ava shot up and started waving her hands frantically like a mad woman, beckoning for me to come over. Star just face palmed at her friend's reaction.

I went over to the table they all sat at and threw a 'sup?' at them. The others answered while Star threw a peace sign.

"Guy afar na. Where u dey since?" Timi asked as I sat down in the space he provided for me beside him.

"I was with Senior Dara, Dayo and Dotun. Bro they're crazy. Senior Dotun almost broke my arm" I whined like a kid which caused all of them to laugh. I frowned and jutted out my bottom lip.

"Awwn your so cute" I heard and the next, light was flashed at me. I turned towards Star and saw her phone in her hands as she admired something on it.

She took a picture of me.

"Not cool Star. Not cool at all" I said, huffed and folded my arms in mock anger.

"Don't worry it's cute so you have nothing to worry about" Star said and waved her hand dismissively, eyes trained on the phone.

"I'm only letting you keep it cus you said I'm cute" I glared at her.

"Whatever you say" she laughed under her breath still admiring the picture she took.

Curiosity got the best of me.

"Can I see?" I asked her leaning forward to get closer to her.

Without much complain, she turned her phone towards me and behold, a dashing Adekunle pouting in the picture. Well I do look cute so she's forgiven.

"Damn. I am cute" I said out loud which caused the girls to laugh and I just shrugged in innocence.

"Your photography skills are on fire though" I had to mention.

"Rolake is the best of the best. Always taking bombass pictures" Ava said, feeling proud of her friend.

I turned towards Star with a look of admiration on my face.

"It's no big deal" she said shyly and shrugged.

"No big deal? Babes you have thousands of followers on your photography handle" Shatoni deadpanned, took out her phone, tapped some buttons and her phone was in front of me in a flash.

It showed a handle on Instagram named 'star_shots' with over 130k followers on it.

"Is this hers?" I asked.

"Yup" Ava answered and my jaw dropped.

I took her phone so I could go through the page. Timi also came in closer so he could see.

"Omo see followers. We that we are still struggling with 70k nko" he said beside me while I just nodded my head in confirmation.

My jaw dropped the more as I went through the pictures. She was so good!

There was one with Ayobami in a ballerina pose and her braids floating in the air.

Another one was of I think Deinbofa and Folakemi, facing the sun with their hands forming a heart shape. The angle at which she took it was just... Damn.

There were some others where they were with plants and the human was blurred. Again the angle is just damn.

There was also another picture which looked Shatoni was holding a max tower.

Another where Ava was in the air looking so wild and free. Her arms sprawled out and all.

The list kept on going. Damn.

"And the fun part is that we're her models" Ava said delightedly.

"Wow" I breathed out while looking at her as she tried to cover up her blushing cheeks which she failed at if I may add.

"So tell me Miss Star, what's your inspiration" I leaned forward as if I was giving her an interview. She laughed at my sudden formality.

"Well about a year ago, I was going through YouTube and saw this channel of a guy named Jordan Matter and decided to go through all his videos. The pictures he took just captured my soul and since then, the burning fire for photography in me ignited" Star said, also copying my formality.

"Wow. Next question. Can I be in the next shot you take?" I asked slyly with a cocky smile on my face which made Star laugh and nod her head.

"Sure. Be my guest. But I must warn you, it isn't an easy task" she said seriously and she reminded me of those people in supernatural series who warn the major character about something.

"Till then princess" I said and leaned back on my seat while the rest of the girls and even Timi cooed. Star was just a blushing mess.

I wonder why I didn't approach these girls earlier on.

"Uhummm" Star cleared her throat and composed herself. "Who's up for a movie later today at my place?" She asked and almost immediately, all hands shot up which made all of us start laughing like hyenas.

"My place by 5:30 then" Star chuckled.

Sweet!

A/N: Hey:-P
Yes so I know I was supposed to update yesterday but I dozed off. My apologies.

Anywho, how was the chapter?😇

Seniors Dotun, Dara and Dayo are a handful😂

Also, our Rolake is a closet photographer🌚.

Wo I don't even know what to say in this author's note so y'all can just comment your thoughts.

Oh before I go I have a message to pass across: Say No To Bullying!
It is very wrong. So please, share the word.😪❤

Till the next chapter✌
🚶

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

129K 27K 42
BEING A TEEN SERIES: THAT GUY (BOOK 1) Every single teenage girl fantasizes. And most times they fantasize about the same thing. About THAT GUY. TH...
12.5K 1.9K 32
Meet Channelle. A young, teenage girl moved from Abuja to Lagos, due to her father's new employment. For her last year of high school, her parents en...
49.8K 15.2K 37
BEING A TEEN SERIES: BIMBO (BOOK 4) That line, that fucked up imaginary line. I like you, you like Bose, Bose likes John, John likes Feyi, Feyi like...
46.6K 4.4K 59
Everyone deserves to live a life they aren't trying to escape. *It gets better as you read on. This is my first book, so be gentle on me 😉 *There wi...