Conscious of the Dark ~ {Seve...

By LittleMikaelson90

Regina Gold is the new teacher of Hogwarts and her area of expertise is the Dark Arts. Literally. Her past, a... More

1. Back to you
2. What is Lost
3. One Step Closer
4. The Power of Healing
5. Getting Deeper
6. The Past
7. Crocodile Tears
8. Almost
9. Without Control
10. The Very First Time
11. The Hell
13. Necromancy
14. Rivalries
15. His Gift
16. One Breath Away
17. Cracked
18. Death
19. No More Secrets
20. The End
Announcement!!

12. Please

354 15 4
By LittleMikaelson90

Her hand as if it was on autopilot slapped him hard across his face.

"Go to hell, Severus. And stay away from me."

****************

Severus stared at her in embarrassment as she walked away from him with a brisk gait. Regina was so angry with him that if she stayed a minute longer she would curse him. How could he offend her? How could he! He should have known that Regina would never sleep with one of her students. He should have known that Regina would not even think about it! What a moron. If their relationship was fresh then Regina would understand him. But the two of them were very good friends before they got to this point. Even the years spent with the two of them not talking, did not destroy their connection. It was unacceptable. Just last night they made love and today they were already fighting. It was at least disappointing.

With a heavy heart, Regina continued to live her boring daily life. From the night she and Severus quarreled, Regina did not set foot in the Great Hall. She kindly asked the Headmaster to give her permission to be absent from the hours of breakfast, lunch and dinner. She was eating in her chambers, alone.

One week had passed and she had not yet spoken to Severus. Despite his efforts, she was adamant. Severus became more and more grumpy with each passing day away of Regina. He missed her very much and she noticed it herself when she accidentally met him sometimes in the corridors. But she had to be restrained. She wanted him very much and was ready to forgive him but every bad deed must be punished, otherwise the situation would always remain uncontrollable.

It was New Year's Eve when Regina decided to go for a walk in Hogsmeade. The weather was cold but fortunately it was not snowing. She went to Honeydukes for chocoballs, ice mice and her favourite toffees and then she visit Gladrags Wizardwear to buy a new dress for New Year's Eve night. When her steps led her to Dervish and Banges shop she halted. With a sigh she entered and started searching for a present for Severus. Well, yes, they were not on talking terms but still she wanted to buy a holiday present for him. After a lot of searching she decided to buy a sneakoscope for him. It was a type of Dark Detector that looked like a glass spinning top. It lit up, spun, and whistled if someone was doing something untrustworthy nearby.

Last stop was the Three Broomsticks where she had a glass of butterbeer and then she headed back to Hogwarts for it was noon already. When she reached her chambers she paused as she heard footsteps from behind her. She left the bags on the floor and turned around but she froze when she realized it was Cedric Diggory. She did not find the time to deal with Cedric. How wrong on her part. The issue had to be resolved and it had to be done now. Now or never.

"Hello Cedric", she forced a smile.

The boy neared her awkwardly, his hands deep in his pockets. "Hello, Mrs. Gold. I just wanted to wish you happy new year..."

"Oh...", she nodded slowly, looking at him. "Actually, it's still early and I was about to have my tea. Would you like to join me?"

"Absolutely", he responded fast with a grin.

Regina felt bad. She was about to break his heart but there was no other choice. She had to do it. "Alright, come inside", she said and opened the door. Cedric helped her with her bags and they entered her chambers together.

She went to her kitchenette to make tea and Cedric sat on the couch, waiting patiently. She was nervous because it was the first time she got herself into such situation. When the tea was done she returned to him with the tea pot and two cups. She settled on the couch next to him but kept a polite distance and served the tea. She handed one cup to the boy and smiled.

"How are you doing with the tournament's tasks?", she questioned out of politeness.

"It's tricky but so far so good", Cedric replied with a soft smile. "Can I ask you something?"

"Ask away", she nodded.

"You are not coming to the Great Hall anymore. Is everything alright?"

Oh, if only you knew, she thought to herself but forced a stif smile. "Everything's fine."

"I noticed that professor Snape is extra grumpy the last days", he pointed out and sipped his hot tea. "It all started after the Yule Ball."

"Listen, Cedric...", she took a long breath and placed her cup on the coffee table. Her gaze focused on him. "I read your letter. I want you to know that I understand how you feel..."

What a lie.

"But...", she continued with a heavy sigh. "I can't..."

His smile instantly vanished from his young face. "Oh...", he breathed, slowly placing his cup next to hers on the table. "You are not interested..."

"Darling, listen to me", she moved her hand placing it on top of his hand. The boy looked up at her expectingly. "You are a gorgeous young boy and the girls adore you. Trust me, if I was your age, I would definitely enjoy your courting but I'm not. I'm older than you... and I have to speak honestly to you. My heart lies with another..."

"It's professor Snape, right?", his gaze settled on her.

She nodded slowly, feeling extremely bad. "I'm sorry...", she mumbled and withdrew her hand from his.

"You had a fight about me?"

She averted her gaze, sighing heavily. "Yes, we had a fight but it was not about you", she lied. She didn't want to burden the boy with extra weight.

"I can see how you two look at each other", he offered a sad smile. "It's the first time professor Snape cares about another."

"That's not true", she looked at him. "You don't know him and I understand you. He seems very cold and distant but trust me, he's not."

"You know better, Mrs. Gold", the boy nodded slowly.

"Do I?", she chuckled unamused. "Anyway, I must say that Cho Chang is very interested in you. Don't you like her?"

"Of course I do", he smiled shyly. "Who wouldn't like her? But I think I am in love with you."

Regina felt like someone had slapped her. Those words were not supposed to be spoken by Cedric. She yearned to hear them coming out of Severus' lips but fate had not been kind with her.

"You think", she snickered. "You are not sure", she kindly smiled at him.

"I don't know, it's confusing", he frowned troubled. "I like Cho. I like spending time with her. She's very sweet. But I think about you too."

"You want to know my opinion?", Regina gave a lopsided grin. "It's natural for boys your age to fantasize women my age, especially now that I am your professor."

Cedric chuckled, his cheeks flared up immediately.

"Don't feel embarrassed, Cedric, I told you it's natural", she chuckled as well. "But you should focus on Cho. Your love life will be much more healthier with a girl like her."

"I suppose you're right", he nodded, still blushing but his smile was more genuine now. "I'm sorry if I caused any trouble."

"Don't even think about it", Regina grinned, feeling better now that the boy realized the truth. "Now go back to your dorm and get ready for tonight's festivities."

"Will you be there, professor?", Cedric asked as he got up and walked to the door.

"Yes, I will", she smiled.

"Thank you for talking to me, professor", he smiled warmly. "I appreciate it."

"No, thank you, for being such a matture young man."

"Bye", Decric grinned and left her chambers.

Regina sighed relieved when the door closed. "That went well..."

She got up and started getting ready for the night. She put on her new dress and decided against on wearing her robes. She didn't need it anyway because her dress resembled to her robes.

(I do not own the picture. Source: Pinterest)

She finished her classy make-up and fixed her wavy locks. She was almost ready when a knock on her door sounded. Barefoot, she walked to the door and opened it widely.

It was Severus.

Her expression was cold even though her heart was melting. His dark eyes traveled up and down her elegant figure, taking in her excellent appearance. He seemed paler than usual and dark circles were under his eyes.

"You look beautiful", he spoke after a whole minute. His usual deep and velvety voice now sounded hoarse.

"Thank you", she responded icily, though her heart ached for him. "What do you want?"

"May I come in?", he requested, his expression defeated already. He was desperate. "I have a gift for you..."

Regina stepped aside and let him in. She shut the door after him and they walked to her couch. When they settled there Severus brought out of his flowing robes a medium, velvety box.

"Happy new year, Regina...", he handed it to her gently.

Regina opened the box and she lost her breath. It was an incredible and very expensive antique necklace.

(I do not own the picture. Source: Pinterest)

"Oh, my God...", she muttered as she ran her fingers over the fine piece. She lifted her gaze to him amazed. "It's beautiful, Severus... Thank you very much..."

"I'm glad you like it", he smiled softly. "May I?", he gestured toward the necklace and she nodded hastily. Severus carefully took the necklace in his hands and Regina turned her back to him, holding her dark locks up so he could wrap it around her neck. "It matches your dress...", he said almost whispering next to her ear.

She shivered and slowly turned around to face him. They were so close their noses almost touching. "You hurt me...", she admitted with a low whisper.

"I can't express how sorry I am...", he mumbled, his black eyes showed guilt. "I can't live without you... I better die..."

Her heart fluttered in her chest. "I told Cedric that I'm in love with you...", she said lowly, staring at him.

"Did you happen to tell him that I am in love with you too...?", Severus whispered and lifted one hand to gently caress her cheek.

Her heart started beating fast by his words. "You are...?"

"I am in love with you, Regina", he confessed, his breath heavy. "Please, accept my apology...", he rested his forehead against hers and closed his eyes. "Please..."

Regina also closed her eyes and moved her hands to his chest, feeling his heartbeat underneath his robes. "Apology accepted...", she breathed and that was it.

Severus claimed her lips passionately, his despair was evident. Regina didn't hold anything back, she just gave in so effortlessly and with so much love. When they parted they were both out of breath.

She pulled back a little and laughed happily. "I've missed you so much..."

"I've missed you more", he caressed her cheeks with both his hands.

"Will you accompany me?", she grinned.

"It would be my honor", he smiled warmly back at her. "But wait", he slipped from the couch and stood on his knees. He took one of her high heels in his hand and looked up at her. "May I?"

"Of course", she pulled the hem of her dress upwards, revealing her long, milky legs.

Severus carefully slipped the high heels on her feet and leaned to place some featherilight kisses along her legs. She shivered badly, the sensation of his lips on her skin was magical. He looked up at her with a smile.

"My princess...", he murmured, staring at her mesmerized.

"My half-blood prince..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

270K 8.3K 23
TW: listen, I wrote this when I was 15 years old. I don't remember what's in half of it, nor do I really want to. 😅 It's not well written. It's crud...
133K 3.4K 104
Y/N l/n is about to start her fourth year at Hogwarts when she meets George and Fred Weasley. She's a Gryffindor like the twins, but their friendshi...
716 59 30
Seraphina Snow made quite the name for herself in her first year at Hogwarts. While her sixth year was pretty ordinary in comparison, her final year...
117K 1.9K 28
"I like you. It's doesn't feel like its nothing anymore." He said to the young brown hair caramel eyed girl in front of him. "Hermione...what you thi...