My mother married a Capo

By ElaheKarami

Alison Harris is a normal 17-year-old girl, living her normal life with her mother. That is when her mother s... More

Intro
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Important A/N
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter: Mason and Bella's first date
A/N
Sequel

Chapter 39

19.1K 577 52
By ElaheKarami

Finally, it was the night of the mafia gathering. Everyone was tense. Earlier that week Alison, Bella, Eva, Marisa, and Catherine had gone shopping for dresses. Rich had asked Cate to be his date and because she had become good friends with Bella on the week that Bella was going to the base, she had gone with them shopping. A group of guards had gone with them to the fancy mall they had gone and everyone  had looked at them like they had come from another planet.

Alison stared at her reflection in the mirror. She was in a golden dress with sparkles. It was a long sleeve dress with a short puffy skirt that was going to her knees. She had matched it with golden pumps.

Her hair had been pulled up in a messy bun with a few strands of it framing her face. Her make-up was as light as always and she looked beautiful, but her eyes were full of stress. "Everything is going to be fine." she whispered to herself, grabbed her clutch, and walked out of her room.

Everyone was gathering at the bottom of the stairs. The men of the King family were all in black suits and ties, even James and Jordan who were standing around their parents. Eva looked so elegant in her long sleeve black dress which came to the floor. Her hair had been pulled up into a neat bun and diamond earrings were shining in on her ears.

Xander and Damien looked at Alison and nodded approvingly for her. She rolled her eyes but smiled as her eyes fell on Alex who was also there standing behind everyone. He was all in black, looking handsome as ever, and smiled at her as she walked to him.

He hugged her tight and kissed her temple. "You look stunning." he whispered next to her ear and kissed her forehead.

"You look handsome yourself." whispered Alison as she caressed his cheek. 

Just as Alex leaned down to kiss her lips, the sound of clearing of throats stopped him and they both looked up to see Xander, Damien, and Hunter glaring at them. They both rolled their eyes. 

"Don't be worried." whispered Alex, still keeping his arm around her waist. "We will have plenty of time together tonight when these assholes are not around."

Everyone was now waiting for Bella and Cathrine to come down. They were getting ready together in Bella's room. They didn't wait for long before the sound of the clicking of heels and two soft waves of laughter were heard from upstairs. Mason and Rich both stepped forward as their girls descendant the stairs and their breaths hitched in their throats at the sight of them.

They both looked breathtaking. Catherine was in a sleeveless white maxi dress with a deep V-neck with a thin layer of lace on top of its silk fabric. Her long hair had been straightened and she had pulled them back on a side with a help of a beautiful crescent clip with pearls on it.

Mason's eyes however were glued to Bella in her crimson red dress. She looked ravishing. The silk backless thin-strap drop neck dress was fitted a bit on the top and had a slit on the right side of its floor-length skirt. Her chocolate hair had fallen around her freely in soft waves and her lips were painted red. 

Rich went to Catherine with a big grin on his face and his eyes shining bright. He took her hand and planted a kiss on her knuckles and then her cheek. "You look gorgeous, kate." he whispered and she blushed cutely.

Mason came out of his daze as Bella stood in front of him. His eyes hardened as his senses came back to him and remembered all of the men who were going to be at the gathering and his blood boiled. Even Ben was looking at her with something more than admiration right then. "You are not going to wear this." said Mason firmly.

Bella's smile faltered quickly. "And why is that?" she asked.

"Because I say so." said Mason and grabbed her shoulder and guided her to stairs unaware of everyone else who was shaking their heads and laughing under their breaths. "It shows too much skin. I don't like it."

Bella stood in her place. "But I like it." she fired back.

"Bella, don't fucking ..." Mason snarled but was cut off by his father.

"Mason!" said Albert and Bella and Mason's head snapped to him. "Keep that possessive side of yours at check. We are running out of time. We are going to be late. Come on everyone." he said and then walked out of the house hand in hand with Eva who was chuckling and everyone followed them out.

Mason turned back to Bella. "You will stand by my side all the time. Am I clear?" he growled.

"Crystal." said Bella triumphantly.

"And by the way." said Mason not be able to contain himself anymore. "You look ravishing." He then lean down and kissed her forehead which made Bella's smile grow wider. They walked out and to the last limo that was waiting for them. Mason helped Bella in and then slipped in himself.

Ben, Catherine, and Rich were in the car too. Once they were on their way, Ben pulled out a box from his pocket and handed it to Mason. "As you asked." he said seriously.

Mason nodded and grabbed the box and opened its lid. Bella's eyebrows shot up as she saw beautiful small earning shaped like flowers in the box. "Bella, please turn to me slightly." said Mason and took the little golden earning in his big hands. He then gently pushed Bella's hair away and grabbed one of her earlobes. He smirked when he felt her shiver under his touch. How he felt powerful knowing that she was only reacting like this to him. He slid the earnings in her ears. "These are both trackers. Don't take them off." he said. 

"Didn't you say this necklace is also a tracker?" asked Bella a bit afraid now. "How much should I be worried?"

Mason put an arm around her shoulder and pulled her to his side. "Don't be." he said. "We have taken care of everything. No one will attack tonight. But knowing that you have them with you, makes me feel better." he then turned his head to her slightly. "Bella. Everyone will be going to see you beside me tonight and you will be in more danger from now on. Are you still sure you want to be seen with me? We can appear just as acquaintances."

Bella sighed. "Mason, we had this talk before so many times." she said and grabbed his hand giving it a light squeeze. "Yes I'm sure. I want this. I'm not afraid. I trust you."

Mason smiled down at her. The action made everyone surprised other than Bella who had seen it a lot and was used to it. Mason leaned down and kissed her forehead. 

"Ahhhhh, you guys are so cute." gushed Cate.

"They are disgusting." huffed Ben and crossed his arms.

"Don't be jealous, mate." said Rich and elbowed him. "He still loves you. He promises."

Mason leaned down toward Bella's ear while Ben and Rich were bickering heatedly. "I promise that I will take care of you, my queen." he whispered and lightly kissed her ear. 

"I know." whispered Bella and leaned on his chest.  

Soon all the cars pulled over in front of a big building on the outskirts of the city. Mason helped Bella out and put a hand on her lower back. Warmth ran through Bella's body as Mason's hand touched her bare back. He guided her to where Albert and Eva had stood.

Alison had stood near Alex with his arm securely around her waist. "Now let's go in." said Albert. "Always stay in groups. Don't wander alone. Especially you, Bella. You are going to be seen with Mason. You can become a great target. Alex, Alison is your responsibility."

Bella nodded and stood closer to Mason's side. She was nervous more than ever. Albert then nodded and walked ahead once he saw everyone ready. Eva was walking beside him with her head held high and her arm linked with his. The little twins were walking behind them, extremely silent. Their faces were serious as well, mimicking their father and older brothers.

Mason and Bella walked behind them and then Ben, Rich and Kate, Alex and Alison, and at last came Damien, Xander, and Hunter, watching around like hawks.

They walked through double doors and everyone fell silent as the leaders of the American mafia walked in, looking mighty and powerful. Every eye fell on Bella who was walking next to Mason and his hold on her waist tightened.

The teenagers scattered around as the elder ones walked to greet families there. Alex began to guide Alison between the rounded tables. "Come, my mother is so eager to meet you." he said to Alison and she suddenly become self-conscious. Her first and last encounter with Alex's mother was in a screwed situation and she had never met Alex's father from close. "Don't be nervous. She already loves you." reassured Alex with a smile and Alison nodded.

Soon they saw Mark and Juliet West standing behind a table. Simon and his father were there as well. Juliet grinned widely as she saw her son coming with his girlfriend.

"Hello, Mr. and Mrs. West." greeted Alison politely and held her hand out for Juliet to shake.

"Hello, sweetheart." squealed Juliet and pulled Alison in a tight hug. "I'm so happy to meet you again."

"Mum," whined Alex. "please don't scare her right away."

"Shut up, Alex." glared Juliet and smiled at Alison again. "I have heard a lot about you. Thank you for taking care of my son. You have managed to change him in a matter of a few weeks. He is calmer now and I'm grateful."

"My wife is right." said Mark and put an arm around his wife's waist. "You were the only one who managed to catch his attention and tame him."

"Hey!" groaned Alex and glared at his parents. "I was not that savage."

"Well, you had not seen yourself from outside, mate." whispered Simon but everyone heard him and laughed except Alex who glared at him.

"Hello, ladies and gentlemen." Albert's firm voice echoed in the big hall and everyone turned to the venue. Albert had stood there with Mason a step behind him. Ben and Tony were behind them too. Their faces were stone cold. "Thank you for coming tonight at one another mafia gathering." said Albert and everyone applauded. "This year I have an important announcement." said Albert when the sound of claps calmed down. "I have become old, and It's time for me to pass my title to someone else. My older son, Mason is already running the American mafia for a few months now. Tonight, in the presence of you leaders of mafia families from all over the world, I want to announce my retirement and officially pass my title down to my son, Mason."

Mason stepped forward and nodded for his father. "Thank you everyone." he said with a loud and powerful voice. "I will follow the way of my father and will do my best to be a good leader for the American mafia family and be a good ally with all of you, mafia leaders from all over the world."

Suddenly someone clapped loudly from the other side of the hall. "The Russian mafia will be more than happy to be your ally." a deep voice dripping with Russian accent yelled and every head snapped towards the source of it.

Vladimir Volkov had stood there with the men from the Russian Mafia behind him. He looked tall and handsome in his gray suit and his hair had been slicked back. He smirked and walked forward like he owned the place as everyone opened his way. His eyes were fixed on Mason who was sending him death glares with his jaw and fists clenched tightly.

"Tonight is really sacred." said Volkov. "The great and all mighty Mason King has finally become the Don. I'm sure he will take care of the families under his control greatly. I for one am so happy for you. Long live your empire ... Capo." he said the last word mockingly and his smirk grew wider. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

No Pills By ohboy🙄

General Fiction

4.4K 1.3K 50
*~~~~~~~° When Mia discovers her father's suitcase full of illegal drugs, she's plunged into a dangerous world of deceit and cartels. As she delves d...
243 3 31
THE BAD BOY Before I met Gianna, I'd thought I was living life to the fullest, wild and carefree. Now that I had her in my life I understood what it...
713K 14.2K 51
(Messy plot) (4/5 plot holes, maybe more) 𝐄𝐱𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐩𝐭 - My hands dig into his shoulders, adjusting to the size of him inside of me. He gives me a...
56.7K 904 42
'Who do you belong to?' he asked as he breathed down on my neck. He had me pinned to the wall. I watched him as his hand slowly moved from above me t...