My mother married a Capo

By ElaheKarami

Alison Harris is a normal 17-year-old girl, living her normal life with her mother. That is when her mother s... More

Intro
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Important A/N
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter: Mason and Bella's first date
A/N
Sequel

Chapter 38

18.7K 593 37
By ElaheKarami

Alison fidgeted nervously under the intense stare of her three friends who were sitting in front of her, waiting for her to speak.

"Are you pregnant?" blurted out Ashley suddenly and every head in the room snapped to her. Logan and Ed's heads snapped toward Alison quickly. "Are you?" they said together in a panicked tone.

"What?" cried Alison and shook her hands quickly in front of her. "No, God, No!"

"Alison, spit it out or I swear to take it out of you by force." said Ed through gritted teeth and ran a hand through his hair.

Alison took a deep breath. "Okay, guys." she sighed. "I'm going to tell you, but you should promise to not freak out or hate me, alright?"

The three in front of her nodded and waited. "Albert," said Alison and paused for a few seconds, trying to find the best words while fiddling with the hem of her shirt.

"He what?" said Logan angrily and impatiently and clenched his fists. "Does the fucker abuse you? Hit you? So help me God if he does."

"God, No. Will you shut up for a second?" snapped Alison. "I'm trying to tell you here. He is a mafia king."

Pin drop silence fell on the room for a moment while the three friends were looking at Alison shocked. Ed blinked a few times. "I beg your pardon. What?" he asked quietly.

Alison sighed again and pinched the bridge of her nose. This was going to be hard. "Albert King is the Don of American mafia and Mason will take his place in one week time. I know it's confusing so let me start from the beginning." so for the next 20 minutes, Alison explained everything that had happened since three weeks ago not leaving anything out while her friends were looking at her silently with wide eyes.

"And that's all." said Alison and looked at her silent friends. "Guys, please say something."

"What. the. actual. fuck." said Logan emphasizing each word.

Ed stood suddenly. He winced a bit from the sudden movement. His ribs have not healed completely. "Alison, you won't stay with them." said Ed. His voice raised with each sentence as he spoke again. "You will come and live with one of us. It's too dangerous to stay with them. Dear Lord, why didn't you tell us sooner that you were attacked? And not once but twice."

"You couldn't do anything about it other than freaking out." said Alison embarrassed.

"We can at least take you out of that hell hole." yelled Logan. "Ed is right. You can't live with them."

"Did you listen to what I said?" asked Alison desperately. "They are my family. I love ..."

"Family my ass." spat Logan. He was in his overprotective brother mode. His eyes were blazing with anger like Ed's. "You will come and live here. We have a spare room ..."

"Are you deaf?" said Ashley louder and everyone turned to her. She looked at Alison and smiled. "She has gotten used to them and so does her new family. They won't let her get hurt. They have proved it so far."

Alison nodded fiercely and smiled gratefully at Ashley.

Ed shook her head. "They can't grantee her safety." he said. "What if a bullet had hit her in the head a week ago? Okay, she was lucky the two last times. What if she won't be the next time?"

Alison cringed at his harsh words. He was right after all. What if the bullets had hit Damien and her mother right in the heart or head? She had thought about this from the moment they had got attacked on the highway, two weeks ago, yet she couldn't bring herself to leave them.

Ashley shrugged. "People will die when their time comes. From a bullet that hit them in the head or from an infection of the smallest gash on their toe." she said. "What is important is that she had found a family who can support her all the time, financially and emotionally. It seems that her sister too has fallen for Mason. If she wants to leave she will lose her family."

"So what the hell are we?" asked Logan frustrated.

"You are my family too," pleaded Alison. "I love you guys so much. But ... but they are not that bad. They are my family too. I have gotten attached to them. I love all of them as well." she paused and smiled dreamingly as she remembered her new family members. "I know they are criminals. All of them may look harsh and tough. but at the end of the day, they are all men who have their flaws. They are not perfect, I know. But the little twins are so innocent and funny who can cheer you up all the time. Hunter is an emotional and jokester who you want to spend your time with, yet he tries to look tough because he likes to be like his older brothers. Damien's face is always emotionless, but he has a soft spot inside. Xander looks harsh and angry all the time, but he is so soft and kind to those he loves. Rich is a jewel, always smiling and friendly, a true big brother you can trust with all of your problems. Ben can look like a stone if he wants, but he is sarcastic and kind inside of the family. And the last one is Mason who is like an emotionless dangerous statue all the time, but you should see how soft he gets near Bella and how wise and trustable brother he is. Albert is like Mason, but he is softer and a man of the family. He loves all of his family members and is ready to give his life to any of them. In fact, all of them are like this. Even Alex. and oh Alex. He is all tough and harsh but when we are alone and he let go of that mask of his, he is so soft and bright. He is someone you can count on at any moment in life, high and low." she said and looked at her friends pleadingly. "How can I not like them? All of us have our imperfections, don't we?"

Ed and Logan both sighed and sat down, but Ashley stood up and sat beside Alison and hugged her tight. Tears had welled up in her eyes. "Ah, Alison, my dearest. I'm so happy you found your perfect family." she said and then pulled away but kept Alison at arm's length and stared at her eyes seriously. "Don't listen to these shitheads. They are only jealous that they have found rivals. Do as you wish. I only ask two things. Stay safe and please don't forget us. Don't forget we are your family too."

Alison hugged Ashley tightly. She was crying too. "How can I forget you?" she said. "You are my first and true family. I can't live without you. I'm so sorry that I was distant these past weeks. I was afraid to put you in danger. I promise once the problem of Volkov is solved we will see each other regularly like before."

"Okay. For god's sake, stop the waterworks." whined Logan and the girls pulled away and wiped their tears and looked at the boys. Logan knelt in front of Alison and grabbed her hands. "Just stay safe, okay?" he said softly and caressed her cheek. 

Alison nodded and kissed his forehead. She then looked up at Ed. "Ed?" she called nervously.

Ed sighed and stood up. He came to them and knelt next to Logan kissed her forehead. "If you like to stay with them, then do it." he said but his face become serious. "But don't you dare to keep anything from us from now on. Tell us if you are ever in danger or if we can help. And please stay safe. We can't afford to lose our sis now, can we?"

Alison choked a sob and nodded her head and hugged the two boys tightly who returned it. No matter what, these three people plus her mother and Bella were her first and best family and they will be forever.

Alison left Logan's house shortly after and walked to Alex's car. He looked up from his phone and unlocked the car when she knocked on the window.

"Well?" he asked with a raised eyebrow. "Everything's okay?"

Alison smiled brightly and kissed his lips. "Then I take it as a yes." chuckled Alex and started the engine and began to drive.

Alison sighed and leaned back relieved. "I feel like a great burden has lifted from my shoulders." she said. "The boys were panicked at first but Ashley, the angel she is, convinced them to accept everything."

"I'm happy to see you happy." said Alex.

"Thanks." Alison smiled at him and then looked around. "Wish we could celebrate this victory with a strawberry and chocolate ice cream."

Alex suddenly did a u-turn and Alison looked at him confused. "What are you doing?" she asked confused.

"My lovely girlfriend wished for an ice cream." answered Alex. "Who am I to not fulfill her small wish for her? I would bring the world at her feet if she had asked for."

Alison squealed happily but then become nervous again. "Is it not dangerous?" she asked.

"Don't be worry." said Alex and took her hand. "I'm with you. Nothing will happen. Just please don't let that beautiful smile of yours fade away."

Alison smiled brightly at him and kissed his cheek, unaware of a car with four guards from Gray Wolves gang, following them close behind. Alex was not that careless to take his lovely girl anywhere without protection.

Soon they pulled outside of a big ice cream parlor and Alex stopped an excited Alison before she can jump outside. "Wait." he said and walked out of the car. Alison admired him as he walked around the car to come to her door. He looked so handsome in his navy blue shirt and black jeans which fitted his lean muscled body perfectly. His messy hair had make him look more handsome. He opened the door for her and offered her his hand. Alison's heart melted as she grabbed his hand and get out of the car.

Alex looked at the angel in front of him. What good he had done in this world to deserve an angel like her? She looked gorgeous in her white blouse and jean skirt which was going to her knees. Her dark brown hair was moving with the soft wind which brought her sweet scent to his nostrils and made him want to kiss her so hard right there in front of everyone who was passing them. But he resist the urge and instead kissed her lips for a second savoring the taste.

She blushed adorably and he chuckled. "Come on, angel." he said and grabbed her delicate hand. "Let's go and get you an ice cream."

Soon they grabbed their ice creams and sat behind a booth next to each other in a corner. Alison put a spoon full of ice cream in her mouth and moaned as the sweet and soft texture melted on her tastebuds. "Jesus, this is perfect." she said and looked up only to see Alex staring at her with his eyes darker than usual and his fists clenched. She frowned. "You're fine?" she asked.

Alex growled throatily. "Alison, don't make that sound in front of anyone else and certainly not in front of me in public or I don't grantee that I behave wisely." he gritted.

Alison blushed hard at hearing his words and nodded while looking down. Her blush fade away the moment her eyes fell on her dear ice cream and she began to eat eagerly, careful not to make any sound.

Alex chuckled at seeing her enthusiasm. He made a mental note to bring her out to eat ice cream more in the future. 

"Can I eat in peace, please?" whined Alison after a moment. "Don't watch me like a hawk."

"Sorry, beautiful. I can't help but stare at you." he said and then pointed to her face. "And by the way, you have ice cream on your face."

Alison quickly took a napkin and wiped her mouth. "Where?" she asked a bit panicked.

Alex smirked devilishly as he discreetly took a bit of his ice cream with his finger and rubbed it on her nose. "Right here." he said.

Alison gasped and then glared at him playfully. She too took a bit of ice cream and rubbed it on his cheek. "Oops, Sorry." she said sheepishly and they both burst into a laugh.

"Alison." said Alex suddenly and she looked at him. "I love you."

Alison's smile faded and she looked at his eyes, not believing her ears. 

"I love you and I'm sure of it." said Alex and grabbed her hand and put it on his heart which was beating fast matching her own. "I never had these feelings toward any other girls. My heart beats faster whenever I see you and I'm surprisingly calm and at peace around you. I want to always see you happy and I'm ready to do anything to make sure of your happiness. I can't imagine the world without you and the fear for your life consumes me. I want to spend all the seconds of my life with you. This is what people call love, isn't it?" 

Alison stared at his shining gray eyes which were looking down at her. "Yes, yes it is." she answered hardly keeping her tears at bay. "I think I love you too, Alex. Cause I feel the same."

Alex's eyes shone brighter. "That's so good to hear. So good." he said before leaning down and smashing his lips on hers.

She tasted like strawberry and chocolate ice cream and something sweeter, something heavenly. His arms found their way around her small waist and pulled her onto his lap, ignoring all the people that were around them.

He growled unsatisfied when she pulled away soon and buried her flushed face in his neck. "Alex, we are in parlor." she whispered shyly.

"I don't care." he groaned but sighed and controlled himself because he knew it was important for her. "Be my date at the gathering next week. You should be. I won't have it the other way."

Alison pulled away and looked at him. "Okay." she said and giggled when she took a tissue and wiped his cheek and her nose.

"What?" asked Alex while laughing a bit.

"We came here to eat ice cream. But my ice cream melted." she pouted looking at her almost melted ice cream. 

Alex chuckled and pecked her lips once more and placed her on her seat beside him. "I will buy you all of the ice creams in the world, my love. Don't be worried." he said as he stood up and walked to the counter. He was dancing in his mind. He never had felt this happy in his life before. She loved her and she was his. What more could he ask for?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

706K 14.1K 51
(Messy plot) (4/5 plot holes, maybe more) 𝐄𝐱𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐩𝐭 - My hands dig into his shoulders, adjusting to the size of him inside of me. He gives me a...
3.1M 19.5K 35
This story is 18+ and all characters in this book are 18. This book contains sexual content and sexual acts between friends. Everything is consented...
152 3 31
THE BAD BOY Before I met Gianna, I'd thought I was living life to the fullest, wild and carefree. Now that I had her in my life I understood what it...
17.9K 344 18
Ali and Caleb have known each other since they were five. Their parents were friends for years until a death and a divorce. Now that Ali's mom and C...