ALMOST

Od popularfanfics

"Let's not even exchange names.. we aren't going to see each other anyway after this.." - Taehyung "Can't we... Více

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Mr. 200 dollars
Chapter 2 - Turtle Rabbit
Chapter 3 - Another coincidence, another embarrassment
Chapter 4 - A Favor
Chapter 5 - Sweets
Chapter 6 - Sleep over
Chapter 8 - Something
Chapter 9 - Greater
Chapter 10 - His happiness
Chapter 11 - Similar yet different
Chapter 12 - It was destiny
Chapter 13 - Her family, his home
Chapter 14 - Friendship and Love
Chapter 15 - Five minutes
Chapter 16 - One after another
Chapter 17 - Breaking Up and Breaking Down
Chapter 18 - Time flies
Chapter 19 - Their Past
Chapter 20 - From 'sorry' to 'thank you'
Chapter 21 - That thing called 'ex'
Chapter 22 - Still in love
Chapter 23 - Never Again
Chapter 24 - Don'ts
Chapter 25 - Her question, his answer
Chapter 26 - Pure and Sincere
Chapter 27 - Returning to him
Chapter 28 - Lovely moments
Chapter 29 - Their very first
Chapter 30 - Till the end

Chapter 7 - Return the favor

823 66 33
Od popularfanfics

Jisoo couldn’t sleep and kept on rolling on the couch.

Yes.. she doesn’t know if she’s in her right mind either..

She came over Professor Kim’s place in the end..

No one will know anyway.. and what if they know? It isn’t like they did something wrong..

Professor Kim was just too kind to offer his couch to her student who doesn’t have a bed to sleep on..

Well.. that sounded weird.. and a little inappropriate..

Still.. Professor Kim didn’t come out of his room again after washing up.. he must not want her to feel uncomfortable..

But why can’t she sleep? Why is her mind keeping her awake?

She sighed as she stared at the ceiling.

It isn’t even the first time she slept at a man’s house.. didn’t she used to sleep over Jhope’s house in the past?

They even shared the room a couple of times..

But why is she damn nervous now?

She closed her eyes tight.

She needs to sleep or else she will keep on thinking of useless things..

She was forcing herself to sleep when she heard the door to Taehyung’s bedroom open.

Is he still awake? Wasn’t he asleep already? Why did he come out?

She got up and turned the lamp on.

Taehyung was startled to see she was still awake.

It was past midnight already..

“Did I wake you up?” he asked softly.

Jisoo shook her head.

“Aren’t you able to sleep either?” she asked as she went into a sitting position.

Taehyung nodded.

Strangely.. he can’t seem to sleep tonight..

He finished revising three chapters already but he wasn’t feeling sleepy yet..

“The couch must be uncomfortable.. I told you to just sleep on the bed..” he said approaching her with a glass of water. “Have some..”

Jisoo cleared her throat.

Sleeping on his bed might leave her awake all night!

She bowed her head a little as she held the glass with her hands.

“Thank you..” she said gently.

Taehyung sat on the floor.

“It’s just water.. no need to-..”

“For letting me sleep here..” said Jisoo lowering her gaze. “To be honest,. I don’t know anyone else.. and I told you already that I only have one friend.. so if I wanted to sleep somewhere else.. I would need to go to a hotel..”

Taehyung remained silent.

Jisoo put the glass on the table.

“So.. I’m really thankful.. that you helped me tonight.. I can clean your apartment for free if you want.. or you can send me on an errand.. I do errands pretty well so just-..”

“You have another friend..” said Taehyung looking straight at her.

Jisoo raised her brows.

Another friend? Who?

“You have me..” Taehyung continued. “I’m only your professor at the university.. but I can be a friend to you outside..”

Jisoo smiled.

He speaks so well.. is it because he’s a professor?

“Can I really treat you as a friend when we’re outside the university?” she asked still smiling.

Taehyung nodded.

“Then.. can I ask you something?” asked Jisoo as she pointed at something in front of them.

Taehyung turned his head to where she was pointing at.

Ooops.. that is..

“You haven’t eaten the chocolate I gave you..” said Jisoo pouting. “Don’t you like it?”

Taehyung grabbed it quickly.

“It isn’t like that.. it’s just.. the box looks pretty so I didn’t want to ruin it..”  he said defending himself.

It’s because she gave it to him.. it’s the first gift he received from a woman he knows..

Not even Lisa has given him any chocolate yet they have known each other for more than a decade..

Jisoo chuckled.

“I was just joking..” she said looking at him feeling embarrassed.

Then her eyes went to the picture frame just beside the chocolate.

“Are they.. your parents?” she asked smiling. “They look lovely..”

Taehyung remained silent.

“Do they visit your place every now and then?” Jisoo continued asking. “They must be proud of having a son who is a professor-..”

“They passed away..” said Taehyung looking at Jisoo. “My parents.. are no longer here..”

This time, Jisoo went silent.

She should sew her mouth! Why is she asking him a lot of questions? She must have made him feel bad!

“I’m sorry.. I didn’t know..” she said lowering her gaze.

She thought she was the most pitiful person in the whole universe because she doesn’t have a father anymore and her mom is in coma but.. Professor Kim must be lonelier than her..

Taehyung smiled.

“Don’t worry.. it’s fine..” he said lowering his gaze. “It’s me who feels sorry.. because I prefer not to talk about my parents.. it’s just.. I still haven’t gotten over their death..”

Jisoo sighed a little.

Poor him.. he must be really saddened by his parents’ death..

It must have been a trauma to him..

“No.. it’s okay if you don’t want to talk about them..” she said smiling a little. “I understand you.. I used to be the same..”

Taehyung lifted his gaze.

The same? She was on the same situation?

“Do you remember the story I told you when I was drunk?” Jisoo continued.

Taehyung nodded.

He remembers everything well..

Her friend who ran away with her money and.. her mom who is in coma..

“It all happened.. 10 years ago..my mom got sick and fell into coma.. because of my dad..”

Jisoo took a deep breath.

“My dad.. hung himself in their bedroom..”

Taehyung’s throat moved fast.

He didn’t know she had an even more painful past..

Jisoo looked at him.

“And.. do you know why he killed himself?” she asked as her eyes glistened with tears.

“It was because of his daughter.. it was.. my fault.. I did something bad.. and I.. made him kill himself..”

Her tears fell and she wiped them right away.

It’s true that all the misfortune she has now is all because of her..

It’s because of what she did back then that her family has been broken..

Her dad committed suicide because of her.. and her mom fell sick because of her..

She is only paying all her karma.. and she knows she won’t be able to pay for all of it during this lifetime..

She did such grave sin that she knows the gods will punish her for the rest of her life..

Taehyung went to sit on the couch just beside her.

“I couldn’t talk about any of this until I graduated high school..” she said taking a deep breath while looking at Taehyung.

“It was my friend.. who helped me overcome this.. he told me it was fine.. that bad things do come to our lives and we need to face them so we can move forward.. and so.. I’m saying it’s fine if you don’t want to talk about what happened in the past.. you only need time.. and who knows later.. you might be telling all of your stories to someone as well..”

Taehyung tapped her back.

“You had it tough.. but look at you now.. you have become a great person.. Jisoo..” he said comforting her.

Jisoo looked into his eyes.

It was nice to hear those words from someone..

It’s been a while since she got to hear such nice words from others..

Professor Kim is always lifting her spirits up.. he is making her comfortable and is always helping her..

She was still thinking to herself when she heard him say..

“Do you.. need a hug?”

It took her a few seconds before she could understand him fully..

Then she smiled as she remembered she asked him for a hug when she got drunk the other time..

“I am not drunk Professor Kim-..”

“But I know you need one..” said Taehyung before gently putting her head on his shoulder.

Jisoo remained frozen at first.

But as she felt his hand tapping her arm softly, she relaxed herself and found comfort in it..

This hug.. she really needed it..

“It wasn’t your fault..” said Taehyung in a low voice. “I’m sure.. it wasn’t your fault..”

Jisoo heard him and smiled.

————————

Taehyung was walking back and forth in front of the building.

When will she come out? Did she leave already?

It was the morning after Jisoo slept at his place..

To be precise.. she did fall asleep on his shoulder..

Yes.. on his shoulder..

Jisoo fell asleep right away after talking with him about her family..

And so he had to lay her down the couch and then he left her to go to his room to sleep and this morning, she was gone already..

Couldn’t she have waited for him? Was she in a hurry?

And why is she not coming out?

Is she still in her apartment? Or is she in the university already even though it’s still early?

He took a deep breath as he stared at the entrance of the building.

Should he leave now? Maybe she has already gone away..

And just when he was about to turn around and take his bike with him, he saw her coming out of the door with Turtle Rabbit..

Well.. Jisoo had introduced her bike to him a few days ago..

“Good morning Professor Kim..” said Jisoo smiling widely. “I’m sorry I left without saying anything this morning.. I didn’t want to wake you up early..”

Taehyung shook his head.

“It’s nothing.. I figured it out..” he said shyly. “Are you going to the university now?”

Jisoo nodded.

“Shall we go together?” she asked as she got on her bike.

“Well.. we can go together.. if you want..” said Taehyung as he scratched the back of his head.

They rode their bikes together until they reached the gate of the university where they saw RM waiting for Taehyung.

“Hyung.. what are you doing here?” asked Taehyung approaching him.

RM smiled seeing he was together with Jisoo.

“Nothing.. I have a client to meet nearby so I stopped to see you personally..” he replied. “Do you have some time tonight?”

Taehyung nodded.

“How about you Jisoo?” RM looked at her who was standing behind Taehyung.

Jisoo bowed her head.

“Tonight.. I-..”

“She has work and she needs to visit her mom..” said Taehyung answering in her stead.

He had already asked her about what she was doing that night while on their way to the university.

RM’s lips curled up.

How does he know her schedule so well? Are they that close?

“She has to go now.. her class will start soon..” said Taehyung letting Jisoo go.

RM chuckled.

And this guy doesn’t want him to talk with his girl-..

No.. he meant his student..

“Thank you for your invitation..” said Jisoo bowing to RM then to Taehyung. “Then.. I’ll go.. Professor Kim..”

As soon as she left, Taehyung’s face became serious.

“Hyung.. did you get back with her again?” he asked sighing.

RM’s eyes widened.

He was going to tease him about Jisoo but he didn’t know this guy had caught on already..

“You know me too well..”

Taehyung sighed again.

“You’re wearing the suit she gave you.. how can I not know?”

RM looked at himself then laughed.

“I didn’t know I was this obvious..” he said. “Anyway.. make time for me tonight.. Lisa and Jungkook will also come..”

“You aren’t planning to announce anything stupid, are you?” Taehyung sounded serious. “I thought you said you didn’t love her anymore..”

RM tapped his arm.

“She changed.. this time it will be different so don’t worry..”

Taehyung nodded his head.

What can he do if it’s RM hyung himself who is saying it will be different this time?

He just hopes he isn’t making another mistake again..

——————————

“I can’t believe him..” said Jungkook whispering.

Lisa nodded.

“Me either..” she said folding her arms.

Taehyung sighed.

They were watching RM and Irene being lovey dovey in front of them.

It shouldn’t be new to them to be honest..

They don’t even remember how many times they broke up in those 7 years they were together..

Their relationship was so toxic that they only saw their friend cry everytime..

“I said we’re getting engaged.. why aren’t you saying anything?” said RM as he held Irene’s hands.

Lisa took a deep breath.

“Congratulations oppa.. and unnie..” she said faking a smile.

It isn’t her life anyway.. why should she be mad if her friends gets engaged with the woman he foolishly loves?

“I hope you two get married already..” said Jungkook slowly accepting his friend’s decision.

Who knows if they really end up getting married soon? Isn’t that for the better?

“I wish you luck..” said Taehyung softly.

RM smiled.

“Order your drinks.. I’ll pay for anything you like tonight..” he said as he called the waiter.

Then he looked at Taehyung.

“You.. don’t drink anything more than a glass or we would have to carry you home..”

Jungkook and Lisa chuckled.

“Maybe Taehyung oppa will disappear again like last time..” said Lisa having fun teasing him.

Then Irene received a call and excused herself from everyone while RM went to the toilet for a moment.

Lisa sighed.

“Look at her.. she didn’t change at all.. she doesn’t even talk to us.. how are we supposed to like her?”

Jungkook nodded his head.

“Well.. she has never treated us as friends anyway.. I didn’t expect anything..” he said turning to Taehyung. “Right, hyung?”

Taehyung shrugged his shoulders.

“I’m just worried about hyung.. what if.. Irene got back with him for money again? Just like a year ago..”

Jungkook sighed.

“Well.. I hope she didn’t.. this time we are talking about engagement.. so I hope they settle down..”

Lisa nodded.

“And I heard she has transferred to S. Hospital now.. since it’s a public hospital they might pay her more.. although a nurse’s pay isn’t that much either..”

Taehyung’s brows furrowed.

S. Hospital? Isn’t that where Jisoo’s mom is hospitalized?

He took his phone out.

Jisoo.. that girl..

Is she okay? He told her to call him if something happens..

Should he have just told her to call or send him a message even if nothing happens?

“Hyung.. are you seeing someone too?” asked Jungkook. “You seem to be waiting for someone’s call..”

Taehyung’s eyes widened.

Was it that obvious?

“Do you have pretty female colleagues?” Jungkook continued. “Is there someone you like?”

Lisa chuckled.

“Are you really seeing someone? Whoa.. this is what you call great news.. no.. a miracle..”

Then RM came back and sat beside Taehyung.

“Are we sure it’s a colleague?” he said as he put his hand on Taehyung’s shoulder.

Taehyung remained silent.

Why can’t he answer them back? He was good at denying everything until a month ago!

Fortunately, the drinks came.

He gotta thank the waiter for coming at the right time!

“Only one beer for you..” said RM handing it to him.

Taehyung scoffed.

“Did I ask for more?” he said sipping a little.

If only he were like Jisoo who becomes brave and does whatever she wants whenever she gets drunk.. then he would willingly get drunk..

But all he becomes is a zombie who has no recollection of anything he does..

He smiled as he remembered Jisoo’s drunken behavior again..

She looked cute..

Jungkook saw his smile and moved closer to Lisa..

“I think hyung is drunk already.. we should get him a taxi before he passes out..” he said whispering to her.

Lisa turned her head to him and her lips almost touched his cheek.

She pushed him away immediately.

“Why are sitting so close to me? I almost kissed you!” she said frowning.

Jungkook scoffed.

“It was you who turned to me.. why are you getting mad at me?”

Lisa rolled her eyes.

“My lips almost became rotten because of him..” she said whispering to herself. “He almost stole my first kiss..”

Jungkook shook his head in disbelief.

“There’s a reason why you haven’t had your first kiss yet..” he said. “It’s all because of your attitude..”

Lisa took a deep breath.

“How about you? You haven’t kissed either, have you? Why are you picking on me?”

RM patted Taehyung’s arm as he stood up.

“Take care of them while I go and look for Irene.. make sure they don’t fight, okay?” he said leaving the table.

Taehyung nodded as he stared at the two still arguing.

They might end up together if they continue like this..

————————

Taehyung was walking home after drinking with his friends.

Well.. drinking a glass of beer is still considered drinking, right?

He doesn’t feel drunk but he’s a little tipsy..

And that Jungkook had to spill the beer on his clothes!

Good thing he was wearing black otherwise he would have killed him!

He only needs to cross the road and he’ll finally reach his apartment..

Today was quite a long day..

He can’t wait to lay down his bed tonight and have a good sleep..

He was watching out for cars while crossing when he saw someone waving at him from the other side.

A woman..

She was jumping up and down as she continued waving at him as if she were very glad to see him.. as if she had seen him after a long time..

Jisoo.. it was her..

He smiled immediately as he ran to her.

“What are you doing here in the middle of the night-..?”

“I went to the hospital this afternoon..” she said as she smiled at him widely.

Taehyung was listening to her intently.

“My mom..” said Jisoo as she teared up a little. “She moved her hand today.. for the first time.. in ten years..”

Taehyung’s lips curled up.

“Is she.. awake now?” he asked excitedly.

Jisoo shook her head.

“She didn’t.. but still.. the doctor said it’s a good sign..” she said smiling as a tear fell from her eyes. “I was so happy that I wanted to tell this to you as soon as I could..”

She saw him coming back home from the windows of her apartment so she came down right away to deliver the good news.

“Then.. she might wake up soon.. she will be happy to see you..” said Taehyung looking at her eyes.

Jisoo put her hands together and jumped out of joy.

She has never been this happy in 10 years..

Now.. if only her mom wakes up.. she will never ask for anything else.. she will be the most grateful..

“I’m glad for you.. really..” said Taehyung closing the gap between them.

Then Jisoo smelled the beer coming from his clothes.

“Did you.. drink?” she asked looking at his face.

She can’t really say if he’s drunk because the lights are behind him but he kinda smells of alcohol..

Taehyung took a step back right away.

He sighed.

That Jungkook! He will kill him!

“I did.. but only a little..” he said as he cleared his throat.

Jisoo smiled.

“Then you should hurry and go to sleep now-..”

She stopped as she noticed two figures coming from the other side of the street.

“Why?” asked Taehyung as he looked at where she was staring at.

Jisoo gasped.

She recognized them.

Those two girls! What are Tzuyu and Mina doing here at this time?

Wait.. are they stalking Professor Kim? How could they...?

“Why are your classmates here?” asked Taehyung recognizing them as well. “Did you call them?”

Jisoo shook her head.

How can he be so clueless?

“They must be here because of you..” she said as she hid herself behind him.

Taehyung turned to her.

“Because of me?”

Jisoo sighed a little.

“They like.. Professor Kim.. that’s why..” she said in a small voice.

Then she noticed they were coming closer to their building.

This can’t be..

If they know she lives in the same building as Professor Kim, they might ask her to do some favors or might spread rumors about her..

“I’ll go inside now.. if they see me-..” she was about to run inside their building when Taehyung grabbed her by her wrist.

“Professor Kim.. what are you-..?”

Taehyung looked at the two girls behind him first.

They are on the other side of the road..

They must clearly see him now..

“I know a way.. for them to leave me alone..” said Taehyung. “Will you.. help me?”

Jisoo’s brows were knit together in confusion.

Help him? Of course she can.. but does he have to do that now? Can’t she hide herself first? What is it that he has in his mind?

“Can we talk about this later and-..?”

Then Taehyung pulled her to him closely as he made sure he was covering her face.

Jisoo was startled.

Does he want her dead? What does he want to do now?

“W-what..?”

Then she felt his hand on her back pulling her even closer while his other hand lifted her chin.

Taehyung was staring at her face..

Why does she look even prettier at night?

Is it because of the streetlights that are illuminating her face?

Her eyes are shining.. her lashes are long.. her eyebags are big yet fluffy that they make her cuter.. her nose is pretty tall.. and her lips are so.. beautiful..

Everything about her looks so beautiful..

Why does he find her so beautiful tonight?

Is it because he drank? Because he’s tipsy?

“Professor.. Kim..” Jisoo called him softly.

Taehyung gulped.

If Jisoo can become brave when she’s drunk.. can he.. do the same?

Jisoo’s throat was moving fast as she held his stare.

His cheeks have completely turned red..

He must have really drank..

She was still trying to figure out the situation when she heard him speak..

“You need to return the favor..” said Taehyung softly.

Favor? Return the favor? Didn’t he say earlier that he was finding a way to send his stalkers away?

Jisoo still hasn’t processed it in her mind when she felt something damp on her cheek.

She held her breath.

Professor Kim.. just kissed her on her cheek..

The favor.. and his solution to send away Tzuyu and Mina.. was this?

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

2.8K 153 11
~A love-Hate story between A Beautifull College Girl Jisoo & A Heartless Handsome Cold Mafia Taehyung... He loves to play women's body and use it as...
16.4K 1.1K 27
Two people meet in an unexpected journey. They found love in each other. But they where unaware of the upcoming tragedy which will change their life...
2.5M 141K 37
«Kim Taehyung helps your boyfriend cheat» au «"You shouldn't be with him!" Taehyung says, chest heaving from screams. "Then who should I be with?" Y...
342K 7.6K 46
"I'm sorry for breaking your heart.. Lisa" He said. "It was real for me. I don't know what it was for you but for me it was real. It meant more that...