The Wolf King and I

By ImHannahLucas

[SOON TO BE PUBLISHED UNDER IMMAC PRINTING AND PUBLISHING HOUSE] How does it feel to live inside your favorit... More

i
ii
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Epilogue
Special Chapter 1
New Story Promotion
100k Reads!🎉🎉🎉
SOON TO BE PUBLISHED UNDER IMMAC PRINTING AND PUBLISHING HOUSE

Chapter 55

6.9K 310 125
By ImHannahLucas

The Wolf King and I
Chapter 55

What...is this? Yixing was dumbfounded to see what was in front of him.

The black flags of Qin were proudly raised in lines, while the massive number of warriors stood so powerful in front of the palace walls of Xing. With their menacing growls, ferocious black wolves prowled the area, ready to strike at any moment their master gave them the signal.

Emperor Zhang Wei stands in front of them, dressed in black armor and a cloak. His magnificent sword, which had claimed the lives of thousands, was slung over his back and ready to be drawn at any time.

This is the powerful soldiers of Qin. He'd heard a lot of stories about it, but seeing it right in front of his eyes made his body tingle.

You bastard. While his gaze was fixated on the Emperor, he pondered. You really love making fun of me this much?

A soldier appeared before him and said, "Your Majesty! The Emperor of Qin has sent a messenger!"

He turned his attention to the soldier.

"Bring him in!" he ordered.

A Qin soldier dressed in black armor appeared in his sight.

The messenger did not even gave him a courtesy before speaking.

"His majesty, Emperor Zhang Wei has brought a message!" he spoke. "He demanded for you to open the gates and have a talk."

Yixing smirked.

He definitely saw the Empress Chin. He thought. For him to be so calm, he must realize that his Empress' life is in my hands.

He believes that if it weren't for the Empress Chin, Zhang Wei would have destroyed the entire Xing by now, with no bargaining or discussion. But he can't put his woman's life in the hands of the enemy.

"So now, he wants a talk." He mockingly replied. "But what if I don't give him what he wants?"

The messenger merely gazed at him with those cold, dead eyes, and what he said next took him completely by surprise.

"His majesty relayed that if you do not comply, his majesty will have no choice but to slaughter everyone outside the palace until there is no one soul remaining," the Qin soldier said, his voice cold. "His majesty is not requesting for you to comply. He is commanding you."

Yixing grit his teeth with anger.

You dare to use the lives of my people against me. He thought. You bastard. I did not know that you could play dirty.

But now that he's seeing this massive amount of Qin's strongest army, he finally realized something.

Zhang Wei did not come here for a war. He has come to slaughter.

How could Xing's little army stand a chance against such a vast force? Zhang Wei's army is also known for being the most competent and powerful in this region of the world. Any nation they've come up against has been swept under their Emperor's feet like pests.

Now, he has no choice but to give whatever this Emperor is requesting.

He could only sigh deeply before turning to his soldiers.

"Open the gates!" he ordered.

Matapos niyang ibigay ang order ay mabilis siyang bumaba mula sa pader na kinatutunghayan at naglakad papasok ng palasyo.

Nilingon niya si Faoren na nakasunod lang sa kanya at nagsalita.

"Where is Fei?" He asked.

"She is locked inside her room as what you have ordered, your majesty." Faoren replied.

"Good." He said. "Keep a close check on her and don't let her out until I tell her to."

"As you wish, your majesty."

Naglakad siya papasok ng courtroom ng palasyo para doon salubungin ang mga bisita.

It's funny to think that they were at odds not long ago, yet thanks to a woman, the Emperor of Qin has finally agreed to talk.

He could not help but smirk.

Zhang Wei, I had no idea the Empress Chin had such a strong influence on your judgments. He pondered.

Nang makapasok siya sa courtroom ay naupo na siya sa trono at naghintay sa pagdating ng mga panauhin.

It didn't take long before the doors of that room burst open and the enraged Emperor of Qin stormed his way inside. Six hooded soldiers were walking behind him, and Yixing could only recognize them as the famous Death Order, or the group of the strongest soldiers in Qin that were personally trained by the Emperor himself.

There is a deadly fury in the Emperor's silver eyes and his harsh breaths can almost be heard in every corner of the room.

Oh, he's so mad. He thought and it almost made him laugh.

Qin Emperor's demonic aura is so strong that other servants in the palace shudder when they see him.

He stood up from his throne and with a happy face, welcome the enemy.

"Welcome—-"

But Zhang Wei did not even let him finish his words.

The Emperor of Qin walked up into his throne and without a word, forcefully grabbed the collar of his royal robe. With those eyes that have its killing intent, the Emperor of Qin spoke to him with rage.

"Where...is she?"

***

The Xing has fallen under the grasp of Qin and I heard that Emperor Yixing is currently locked inside his own palace.

Hindi ako makapaniwala na ganito lang kabilis nangyari ang lahat.

The forces of Qin were so unstoppable that we didn't have much time to think of a counter.

Now, they told me that the Emperor of Qin wishes to see me inside his room.

Hindi ko pa din maintindihan kung ano ang dahilan at gusto niya akong makita. Pero wala na akong nagawa nang simulan na akong bihisan at pagandahin ng mga servants ng Empress sa loob ng kwarto ko.

"You must kill him," I was startled when Empress Chuhua suddenly spoke those words.

Kasalukuyan akong nakaupo sa harapan ng salamin habang pinapaganda ng mga servants. Nakatayo naman siya sa tabi ko habang pinapanood ang lahat ng nangyayari.

Mabilis akong napalingon sa kanya at hindi makapaniwalang napatingin sa kanya.

"But I—-"

Pero bago pa man ako makapagsalita ay mabilis na niyang hinawakan ang mga kamay ko at nagmamakaawang tinitigan ako.

"His majesty's life is in danger." She spoke with those teary eyes. "If we can't do something to save him, I'm afraid that this empire will completely fall under that Emperor Zhang Wei's hands. Fei, you're the only who has this chance to get close to him. Please do something to save his majesty."

Napayuko naman ako at napaisip mula sa kinauupuan ko.

She's right.

If we can kill Emperor Zhang Wei, his soldiers' morale would plummet, and only then will we be able to fight back and save Yixing's life.

"Fei, I heard that it is the Emperor Zhang Wei who killed your whole family and caused you to lose your memory. This is your only chance to take your revenge on him."

The hatred that I was hiding inside my chest suddenly flared up. I grit my teeth with pure hate as I looked into the Empress' desperate face.

Emperor Zhang Wei, the time for you to pay for your crimes has now finally come. I will kill you with my own hands to avenge the deaths of my loved ones.

Matapos nila akong bihisan ay may inilagay na dagger sa loob ng dress ko ang Empress Chuhua.

She gave me that firm look before she spoke.

"This dagger has a lethal poison in it." She said. "Don't worry, Fei. I will come and rescue you when things got ugly."

Tumango naman ako sa kanya at itinago ang dagger sa dress na suot ko.

Matapos iyon ay naglakad na ako patungo sa kwarto kung nasaan ang Emperor Zhang Wei.

The walk towards his room feels like a death march. Although it is winter and the snow is falling from the sky, I can feel the small sweats trickling from my brow.

Zhang Wei, you will regret ever coming across into my life again. Your evil intentions will die along with your kingdom.

Nang makarating ako sa harapan ng kwarto niya ay sinalubong ako ng isang sundalo na nakasuot ng itim na armor.

He is a Qin soldier.

Nagtaas ako ng mukha para makita ang mukha niya pero naramdaman ko nalang ang unti-unting panlalaki ng mga mata ko nang dahil sa nasaksihan ko.

Why is he looking at me with that pained expression?

He looks like he's about to cry.

Nakita ko pa ang paglunok niya na para bang pinipigil niyang mapaiyak bago siya tumabi sa pintuan. At gamit ang garalgal na boses na iyon ay inanunsyo niya ang pagdating ko.

"Y-Your majesty," his voice is trembling. "Her majesty, Empress Chin is finally here."

Gulat naman akong napatingin sa naluluha parin niyang mukha.

What?

Anong pinagsasabi niya?

Sino si Empress Chin at bakit niya ako tinawag ng gan'on?

"Let her come in." The deep male voice inside the room ordered.

Mabilis namang binuksan ng sundalo ang pintuan at kahit na naguguluhan parin ay dahan-dahan akong pumasok sa loob ng kwartong iyon.

As a palace protocol, I'm not allowed to raise my head and look at the face of the Emperor. Kaya nakayuko at tahimik lang akong pumasok sa loob ng kwartong iyon. Alam ko na nakaupo siya sa kama at kasalukuyang nakatitig lang sa mukha ko.

"Greetings, your majesty." I bow down to the floor as a courtesy.

He did not speak.

Pero kahit na nagtataka ay nanatili parin akong nakaluhod sa sahig. I'm not even allowed to look up if he doesn't allowed me to.

Ang ipinagtataka ko lang ay kung bakit niya ako ipinatawag dito.

But no. This is an advantage for me.

I clenched my teeth with pure hate and disgust.

The man that killed my whole family is now sitting right in front of me. The Empress is right. This is the only chance that I could take revenge for my family and to save Yixing.

Emperor Zhang Wei, your time is nearing to its end. Say your final prayers because you won't be getting out of this room alive.

"Come closer to me." His voice is soft and I don't know why but it brought a tingling sensation into my chest. "Let me see you."

Why is he acting this way?

Why does he seem so soft compared to the monster that I saw from the battlefield?

Lumuhod naman ako sa sahig at gamit ang mga tuhod ko ay lumapit ako sa kanya. Nakaupo parin siya sa kama at ngayon ay nakaluhod na ako ng sobrang lapit sa kinauupuan niya. Pero katulad kanina ay hindi ko parin siya pwedeng tignan sa mukha.

His familiar scent is melting my heart.

His voice is so beautiful and so calm.

Why is my heart going wildly inside my chest just by having his presence?

I secretly shook my head.

Fei, snap out of it. You're here to kill him!

My eyes slowly widened in surprise when I felt his warm hand that gently touched my right cheek.

Why is he holding my face with such tenderness and care?

Why does my heart feel so heavy?

And why does his simple touch makes me so weak?

No. This my last chance. I have to kill him now.

With gritting teeth and a heart full of determination, I took the dagger out from my dress.

In a swift, I plunged the poisoned dagger into his right chest.

Hah. I did it!

I was overjoyed at the thought that I could finally save Yixing and I could finally take the revenge that I want.

Nagtaas ako ng mukha at masaya pang napatingin sa mukha niya.

Pero...

Naramdaman ko nalang ang unti-unting panlalaki ng mga mata ko nang dahil sa sumunod kong nakita.

Why...is he...smiling?

I was stunned.

I was speechless.

Why—-?

He merely gazed at me with his silver eyes, which were full of love and happiness. Blood began to trickle from his mouth, indicating that the poison had begun to travel throughout his body.

That smile...

I have already seen it somewhere...

"Chin..."

Huh?

I felt a jolt of pain into my head and I immediately grasp it.

Why do these memories suddenly flashes back into my eyes at a time like this?

"I love you."

Like a flash of flood, all those memories suddenly swept into my eyes while I remained staring at his beautiful smile.

"Chin, you're the only woman that I will love for the rest of my life and the only woman who has the right to hold my heart."

No...

This is—-!

"Will you give me the honor of making you my Empress?"

Naramdaman ko nalang ang pamumuo ng mga luha sa magkabilang mga mata ko at ang isa-isa nitong pagkakahulog pababa ng mga pisngi ko.

This man is...

"W-wife, t-thank you for coming back to me." His voice begin to break from the poison that's slowly consuming his body. "Y-you have no idea h-how happy you made me t-today..."

...the one and only love of my life.

Nanlalaki pa ang mga mata kong napatitig sa gwapo niyang mukha habang isa-isa ng bumabalik sa akin ang lahat ng memorya ko.

"Z-zhang W-wei..." voice won't even come out of my throat because of too much shock.

Samantalang marahan naman niyang hinawakan ang magkabilang pisngi ko bago siya nakangiting nagsalita.

"You must have suffered so much all this time. I'm sorry that it took me so long to come." His voice is so calm and so soft. "Don't worry love, I'll t-take you home now..."

He gently kissed me into my lips and touched his forehead into mine.

"I...l-love you." The blood in his mouth is making him hard to speak. "All the Gods know how much I miss you so..."

And like a slow motion, I only witnessed the love of my life slowly fell from his seat down to the ground. The man that has done nothing but to only love me was severely hurt by me.

Nanghintatakutan ko siyang nilingon bago ako umiiyak na napasigaw.

"Zhang Wei!"

But even in a time like this...

"Qingyuan!!!" he screamed for his soldier. "Protect the Empress!!!"

...he would still think for my safety.

Umiiyak ko siyang niyakap sa dibdib ko at nanginginig na hinawakan ang mga pisngi niya. I held into him like I was holding into my own life.

"Zhang Wei, I'm sorry!" humahagulgol kong sigaw. "Please don't die! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! Mahal kita! Mahal na mahal kita! You can't leave me like this! Don't leave me! Hindi ko kaya! Hindi ko kaya, Zhang Wei!"

I was crying my heart out as I held into his cold body.

This is all my fault.

I put this poisoned dagger into his chest!

How could I do this to him?!

The doors suddenly burst open and the shock face of Qingyuan was the first thing I saw.

"Your majesty!" he cried as he sat beside us.

He's too late.

Zhang Wei slowly closed his eyes.

And I only felt how my whole world crashed when his hands fell from my hand off to the ground.

Tulala ko namang tinignan ang natutulog niyang mukha na yakap ko sa dibdib ko.

"Z-zhang W-wei...?" I tried to wake him up.

No...

This can't be...

You can't die.

You can't leave me!

"Zhang Wei!!!" That silent morning was broken off by my screams of anguish and pain.

to be continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

M By Maxine Lat

Historical Fiction

6.6M 293K 17
#ProjectM II This work of fiction may include potentially disturbing readings, scenes and discussions around topics such as self-harm, physical viole...
2.4K 592 63
Despite being the Diadem of the Dark Sociey, Supreme goddess Ellemise found herself stumbled upon by the wimpy boy who is said to be the cure for her...
19.1K 850 55
A heartless woman wasn't just found in a book of villains, but also in reality. Well guess what? I fell in love with the heartless one. -- ...
9.7K 968 45
𝗟𝗘𝗚𝗘𝗡𝗗𝗜𝗔 𝗧𝗥𝗜𝗟𝗢𝗚𝗬 𝗙𝗜𝗥𝗦𝗧 𝗜𝗡𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗟𝗟𝗠𝗘𝗡𝗧 Are you sure on what you've heard? About the fantasy that you've known? Did they re...